Author Topic: UFC 114 925,000+ PPV buys!! On a Holiday Weekend Too!!!  (Read 5508 times)

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
UFC 114 925,000+ PPV buys!! On a Holiday Weekend Too!!!
« on: June 03, 2010, 01:13:26 PM »
LOL@ All you Chumps and Supertwinks saying the UFC is hurting!!

Thought the UFC was struggling with their watered down cards and holding too many events....WRONG :o  

Numbers don't lie Chumps!

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news/241576/Meltzer-estimate-UFC-114-925000-PPV-buys-Rampage-made-2000000/

What is impressive is it was done over Memorial Day weekend, which probably didn’t help with a lot of people going out of town. It also went on a night with both NBA and NHL playoffs head-to-head and thus it not being pushed by the sports media as the biggest event of the night or even close. Most impressive is that it was a one-match show as far as marquee value. Had Griffin not pulled out of his fight with Antonio Rogerio Nogueira, adding Griffin, one of the company’s top draws, would have probably pushed it past the 1 million mark. Without him, I thought it would fall a little short.

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
Re: UFC 114 925,000+ PPV buys!! On a Holiday Weekend Too!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2010, 01:48:31 PM »
According to wikipedia, "tickets for UFC 115 sold out within 30 minutes of going on sale breaking the previous record set by UFC 83".
Still a lot of Liddell fans out there.

AC Slater

• Getbig IV
  • The king of Bayside
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2010, 01:53:08 PM »
just because it sells well doesnt mean it is good, look at any of the pop music artists.

if anything, selling that amount of ppv's will hurt UFC longterm because the card was all hype and no action.  You know many of those people who paid for the card were disappointed with the lack of action and exciting fights.

on another note, zuffa is privately held, so they can make up their own numbers with no outside authentication.   it could have very well only sold 10,000 ppv's and they just lie to inflate the numbers to look better for their sponsors.
I dont like twinks.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2010, 01:58:42 PM »
just because it sells well doesnt mean it is good, look at any of the pop music artists.

if anything, selling that amount of ppv's will hurt UFC longterm because the card was all hype and no action.  You know many of those people who paid for the card were disappointed with the lack of action and exciting fights.

on another note, zuffa is privately held, so they can make up their own numbers with no outside authentication.   it could have very well only sold 10,000 ppv's and they just lie to inflate the numbers to look better for their sponsors.

Ok....Now you are pulling shit out of you ass. You Chumps on here are the ones saying how bad the card was, when in reality people know that overall the product is good and entertaining.

Read the article before you pull shit out of your ass.

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2010, 02:09:25 PM »
your full of it  ;D

Zuffa is a private company. ::)
they have been challenged in the past but your idol dana has declined to show official numbers...
the numbers you provided are not official .. you try to hard to be a guy...  ;D
in the process .. u just got owned as usual..
and it was a shitty card.. all hype and no action...

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2010, 02:10:57 PM »
your full of it  ;D

Zuffa is a private company. ::)
they have been challenged in the past but your idol dana has declined to show official numbers...
the numbers you provided are not official .. you try to hard to be a guy...  ;D
in the process .. u just got owned as usual..
and it was a shitty card.. all hype and no action...

So are you calling Meltzer a fraud too....if you even know who he is?

gmflex

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2010, 02:16:22 PM »
Indepent writers have challenged Zuffa's numbers...
And he declines to provide proof....
they even offered to pay a private company to tally the numbers..
he declined again...
there was a thread a couple of months ago about the inflated UFC ppv. buys..
 ;D

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2010, 02:19:42 PM »
Indepent writers have challenged Zuffa's numbers...
And he declines to provide proof....
they even offered to pay a private company to tally the numbers..
he declined again...
there was a thread a couple of months ago about the inflated UFC ppv. buys..
 ;D

Dodging my question huh?

This was reported by Meltzer. Are you calling him a fraud?
THis also was not officially posted by the UFC idiot.

What's your next excuse?

gmflex

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2010, 02:25:28 PM »
David Meltzer... his know for wrestling...

do you believe everything your read..

Fact is your boy Dana declined to provide offical proof based on actual cable / satellite sales..

i guess you dont understand the word estimate...lmao....

Meltzer could of said 2 million... doesn't mean he is right...

;D ;D

you try to hard being a guy...  ::)

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2010, 02:34:13 PM »
David Meltzer... his know for wrestling...

do you believe everything your read..

Fact is your boy Dana declined to provide offical proof based on actual cable / satellite sales..

i guess you dont understand the word estimate...lmao....

Meltzer could of said 2 million... doesn't mean he is right...

;D ;D

you try to hard being a guy...  ::)

Very obvious you have no idea what you are talking about.
People don't pull the numbers out of their asses as you claim.
Besides there are various reasons why a private company does not share earnings, numbers,  etc.
That is the reason they are PRIVATE.

You can be a conspiracy theorist all you want. The UFC owns MMA and you hate that don't you?
The haters will always hate when you are on top, although I will admit, there are few NON-UFC fans these days. :o
The numbers speak for themselves!

Call the card and the UFC what you want....you are the abnormally.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2010, 03:01:47 PM »
Only a *ucking idiot or someone on the UFC payroll would try to use PPV sales to rationalize a piss poor card.

You had what amounted to one of the most overhyped fights in UFC history between two guys with proven track records (One of which is staring in a hollywood blockbuster opening within days of the fight).

It was billed as a real grudge match and was a complete dud instead.

Who cares what it sold ( even though the numbers are completely unverifiable anyway)?

Rashad is a commentator on ESPN, who won TUF and here he is in a grudge match against a former star in Pride, a former UFC champ, a guy who was seen on the news getting chased by the cops and is now an actor playing Mr T's character from the A Team. If you couldn't sell a shitload of PPV's for that kind of main event, your in the wrong business. They could have been fighting in my backyard and a billion people would have ordered it.  The main event was crap. All of the undercards were even worse and now two weeks later the UFC is trying to sell Chuck Lidell and Rich Franklin. ::) You can't be serious.

It wouldn't matter if the PPV sold to 200 people, or 200,000,000- The card was a piece of shit and anyone with half a brain cell that doesn't have Dana White's hand up his ass could tell it was an abysmal and unentertaining night. Hold your breath for UFC 115, another piece of shit sandwich that we can guarantee will have two ( or actually one, since you and MS are the same person) cheerleaders no matter how pathetic the card is.

gmflex

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2010, 03:15:29 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D

weight just got owned again..

QFT...

gmflex

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2010, 03:19:06 PM »
Very obvious you have no idea what you are talking about.
People don't pull the numbers out of their asses as you claim.
Besides there are various reasons why a private company does not share earnings, numbers,  etc.
That is the reason they are PRIVATE.

You can be a conspiracy theorist all you want. The UFC owns MMA and you hate that don't you?
The haters will always hate when you are on top, although I will admit, there are few NON-UFC fans these days. :o
The numbers speak for themselves!

Call the card and the UFC what you want....you are the abnormally.

Your in the wrong board...
because spin & you are the only ones that do the nuthugging here..

it was a shitty UFC  card / ppv... ;D

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2010, 03:21:09 PM »
All of the undercards were even worse and now two weeks later the UFC is trying to sell Chuck Lidell and Rich Franklin. ::) You can't be serious.

Love it or hate it, the arena for 115 sold out in record time, impressive

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2010, 03:46:29 PM »
LOL@ All you Chumps and Supertwinks saying the UFC is hurting!!

Thought the UFC was struggling with their watered down cards and holding too many events....WRONG :o  

Numbers don't lie Chumps!

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news/241576/Meltzer-estimate-UFC-114-925000-PPV-buys-Rampage-made-2000000/

What is impressive is it was done over Memorial Day weekend, which probably didn’t help with a lot of people going out of town. It also went on a night with both NBA and NHL playoffs head-to-head and thus it not being pushed by the sports media as the biggest event of the night or even close. Most impressive is that it was a one-match show as far as marquee value. Had Griffin not pulled out of his fight with Antonio Rogerio Nogueira, adding Griffin, one of the company’s top draws, would have probably pushed it past the 1 million mark. Without him, I thought it would fall a little short.

Man if you are going to make stuff up make it BIG.  Say they had 1.9 million viewers at least.  Can you post the actual website and page from the tracking company that provided these so called facts you have listed.  And NO, any numbers provided by anyone associated with the UFC does not count.  See they can pay someone to inflate the number so then they can get more advertising dollars.  Give us the actual accounting spreadsheet.  With all your contacts and insider shit you should be able to do this.  We will wait.  And PLEASE no excuses or double talk.  Just produce it.
No Worries 4 me

gmflex

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2010, 04:38:58 PM »
Man if you are going to make stuff up make it BIG.  Say they had 1.9 million viewers at least.  Can you post the actual website and page from the tracking company that provided these so called facts you have listed.  And NO, any numbers provided by anyone associated with the UFC does not count.  See they can pay someone to inflate the number so then they can get more advertising dollars.  Give us the actual accounting spreadsheet.  With all your contacts and insider shit you should be able to do this.  We will wait.  And PLEASE no excuses or double talk.  Just produce it.

x2

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2010, 04:41:53 PM »
Only a *ucking idiot or someone on the UFC payroll would try to use PPV sales to rationalize a piss poor card.

You had what amounted to one of the most overhyped fights in UFC history between two guys with proven track records (One of which is staring in a hollywood blockbuster opening within days of the fight).

It was billed as a real grudge match and was a complete dud instead.

Who cares what it sold ( even though the numbers are completely unverifiable anyway)?

Rashad is a commentator on ESPN, who won TUF and here he is in a grudge match against a former star in Pride, a former UFC champ, a guy who was seen on the news getting chased by the cops and is now an actor playing Mr T's character from the A Team. If you couldn't sell a shitload of PPV's for that kind of main event, your in the wrong business. They could have been fighting in my backyard and a billion people would have ordered it.  The main event was crap. All of the undercards were even worse and now two weeks later the UFC is trying to sell Chuck Lidell and Rich Franklin. ::) You can't be serious.

It wouldn't matter if the PPV sold to 200 people, or 200,000,000- The card was a piece of shit and anyone with half a brain cell that doesn't have Dana White's hand up his ass could tell it was an abysmal and unentertaining night. Hold your breath for UFC 115, another piece of shit sandwich that we can guarantee will have two ( or actually one, since you and MS are the same person) cheerleaders no matter how pathetic the card is.

You missed the point you idiot....

Liking UFC 114 or not is subjective.

Selling 1+million PPV's is what I am referring to.

People love the UFC. I bet you hate that huh chump?

Call it what you want...the numbers are there. The UFC is better then ever!

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2010, 04:44:01 PM »

Your in the wrong board...
because spin & you are the only ones that do the nuthugging here..

it was a shitty UFC  card / ppv... ;D

It sold 1+ mil PPV's and the next UFC 115 will be highly successful as well.

Read it and weap....I am on board. You are not.

Hate all you want. Millions love the UFC..event after event.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2010, 04:48:03 PM »
Man if you are going to make stuff up make it BIG.  Say they had 1.9 million viewers at least.  Can you post the actual website and page from the tracking company that provided these so called facts you have listed.  And NO, any numbers provided by anyone associated with the UFC does not count.  See they can pay someone to inflate the number so then they can get more advertising dollars.  Give us the actual accounting spreadsheet.  With all your contacts and insider shit you should be able to do this.  We will wait.  And PLEASE no excuses or double talk.  Just produce it.

OK Fatboy. Whatever you say. Excuses, Excuses. Read the link I posted.

Say whatever you want...The UFC is highly successful. That you can not deny that....or maybe you can cook up some kind of excuse.

Oops didn't mean to say cook. I am sure that makes you hungry doesn't it fatboy?

You need to go back to your diet or stuffing you fat face...that's what you do best.

MMA is not your thing. Beat it.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2010, 04:56:31 PM »
I don't understand how you anti-UFC morons say it was a weak card ???  We got to see Rashad dominate Rampage and survive nearly getting KOd.  We saw what could very well be the best comeback of all time when Todd Duffy got KTFO.  And we saw two virtual unknowns come out of nowhere to defeat established legends in Negera & Sanchez.  Fucking awesome card.
w

AC Slater

• Getbig IV
  • The king of Bayside
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2010, 09:17:27 PM »
8 minute posting difference between weight and mindspin  ;D
I dont like twinks.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2010, 10:48:12 PM »
8 minute posting difference between weight and mindspin  ;D

I think your on to something....

AC Slater

• Getbig IV
  • The king of Bayside
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2010, 10:57:52 PM »
I think your on to something....

you're
I dont like twinks.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2010, 11:02:56 PM »

if anything, selling that amount of ppv's will hurt UFC longterm because the card was all hype and no action.  You know many of those people who paid for the card were disappointed with the lack of action and exciting fights.

on another note, zuffa is privately held, so they can make up their own numbers with no outside authentication.   it could have very well only sold 10,000 ppv's and they just lie to inflate the numbers to look better for their sponsors.

Ok scholar :o

Errors highlighted in red for you.

Next...

AC Slater

• Getbig IV
  • The king of Bayside
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2010, 08:46:45 AM »
 i am aware that contractions need apostrophes and you are to capitalize the first letter of a sentence, i am simply too lazy to do it on an internet message board.

you on the other hand are uneducated with regard to english and mma.  you're and your are two completely different words with different meanings; as are there, their and they're.

you probably say 'i went to the store over their'

I dont like twinks.