Author Topic: Young Turks: Oil Funded Governor Protects BP On Fox News  (Read 2905 times)

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Young Turks: Oil Funded Governor Protects BP On Fox News
« on: June 18, 2010, 03:37:10 PM »

thats why the repubs get 90% of the oil money

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
Re: Young Turks: Oil Funded Governor Protects BP On Fox News
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2010, 09:45:35 AM »
You know, what's really sad is that people at BP are pissed mad at the fact that they will most likely have to reduce or eliminate their anual dividend payouts in order to put the money into the 20 billion scrow fund. I mean, this is surreal. BP is not even paying for it, shareholders are.

I'd waterboard the entire BP executive board until they choke on their own vomit, I swear to God.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2010, 11:11:09 AM »
This is the typical mindless garbage from drones like mons and blacken. 

The oil industry is responsible for many jobs, commerce, salaries, tax revenues, etc all important to Barbors' state.  You drones who want to attack these companies dont understand that they employee thousands of people and directly and indirectly provide the state with millions of dollars in tax revenue to fund schools, cops, and other govt services. 

Same with wall street and the finacial sector in NYC. 

I guess this concept is far too hard some of you to understand.  I guess some of you morons think that the govt can pay its bill based on the revenue of pot vendors, little shoppes selling wiccan books, etc.   

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2010, 11:20:20 AM »
This is the typical mindless garbage from drones like mons and blacken. 

The oil industry is responsible for many jobs, commerce, salaries, tax revenues, etc all important to Barbors' state.  You drones who want to attack these companies dont understand that they employee thousands of people and directly and indirectly provide the state with millions of dollars in tax revenue to fund schools, cops, and other govt services. 

Same with wall street and the finacial sector in NYC. 

I guess this concept is far too hard some of you to understand.  I guess some of you morons think that the govt can pay its bill based on the revenue of pot vendors, little shoppes selling wiccan books, etc.   

please tell me this is not your stance....if so...thats retarded...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2010, 11:37:27 AM »

please tell me this is not your stance....if so...thats retarded...

Of course it is.  ask bloomberg what the finreg bill will do to nyc.  who do you think generates the tax revenue to pay for the schools, cops etc?  The fix a flats in the bronx?  The little bodegas in brooklyn? 

No.  The financial, legal, and professional sector pay the bills of the city. 

The same is true in the gulf area.     

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2010, 11:49:42 AM »

Eh, I bet the Civil War put a few slave auctioneers out of work too. 

If the oil industry has destroyed all life in the Gulf, or worse, maybe those jobs should be in safer energies?

Mons Venus

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2010, 11:51:31 AM »

If the oil industry has destroyed all life in the Gulf, or worse, maybe those jobs should be in safer energies?

Good post 240.  :D :D :D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2010, 02:42:11 PM »

No moron, the cotton gin did.  Read your damn history.  And tell me what equivalent invention is present today or even on the horizin to replace oil in the same way the cotton gim replaced the need for manual slave labor like it did? 

Tell me what alternative fuel is going to heat homes, drive cars, power trains, fly planes, be used in plastics, etc? 

I'm waiting breathlessly for an answer.   

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2010, 02:46:30 PM »
Siding with a foreign company instead of his fellow Americans.

Real patriot.

Are we not doing BP, a foreign company, a favor by letting them drill in our backyard?

Who's doing who a favor?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2010, 02:48:31 PM »
my point is that there are time in history where jobs are ended because of whatever reason, and sometimes they aren't bad.

I don't know what alternative fuel is the answer.  But 20 years ago, most of us would never have imagined we'd be checking the 'internet' on our 'i-phones'.

necessity is the mother of invention.

Perhaps it will take a massive oil spill to necessitate a TRUE govt and pvt sector move to a non-oil energy source.  Perhaps in 20 years, we'll be laughing at the idea we once paid billions to Iran for oil as we're driving our solar cars to work... always remembering the Giant oil Spill of 2010 that led to everything changing.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2010, 02:50:51 PM »
Siding with a foreign company instead of his fellow Americans.

Real patriot.

Are we not doing BP, a foreign company, a favor by letting them drill in our backyard?

Who's doing who a favor?

Slapper did you see the thread on BP's lobbying for cap & trade, the stim bill, and have on their payroll john Podesta who is acknowledged as one of Obama's most influential advisors? 

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2010, 02:55:11 PM »
Slapper did you see the thread on BP's lobbying for cap & trade, the stim bill, and have on their payroll john Podesta who is acknowledged as one of Obama's most influential advisors?

Hey, I could care less about the party in power. I'm neither a dem or a rep.

Nonetheless, you've just sided with a foreign company over American citizens.

And for someone who ceaselessly appeals to patriotism to "save" the United States of America... connect the dots here gumbah.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2010, 03:00:23 PM »
Hey, I could care less about the party in power. I'm neither a dem or a rep.

Nonetheless, you've just sided with a foreign company over American citizens.

And for someone who ceaselessly appeals to patriotism to "save" the United States of America... connect the dots here gumbah.

No, I'm siding with the fact that bankrupting this company might feel good to the emotionally driven people, but in reality it will not only put more people out of work, but result in there being even less money to clean up the mess.  BP probably employees thousands of people in the gulf and I would rather BP paying their salary than those people going on UE. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2010, 03:20:44 PM »
No, I'm siding with the fact that bankrupting this company might feel good to the emotionally driven people, but in reality it will not only put more people out of work, but result in there being even less money to clean up the mess.  BP probably employees thousands of people in the gulf and I would rather BP paying their salary than those people going on UE.  

Suppose ANY company screwed up and destroyed 4000 miles of American coastline - and killed every bit of life in the Gulf of Mexico.

They'd be sued, shut down, etc.   You know, for destroying a nice part of the planet.  (we're not even mentioning all the oil we're gonna share with Europe when the atlantic spreads).

We're supposed to embrace CAPITALISM, right?   BP voluntarily agreed to the $20 bil number - after voluntarily agreeing to cover all claims.  They didn't have to sign the agrreement - they did so voluntarily.  Their stock jumped almost 10% and many investors breathed a sigh of relief.

I feel bad for the ppl losing their jobs - that does suck.  But BP has volunteered $100 mil to cover their salaries.  They chose a job for a company that did unsafe drilling, and they're working in what is now a very toxic place.  So they're going to get their share of the $100 mil to stay home, and a company that pissed on safety (as shown by violations), is taking a relatively minor financial hit.

I don't understand the pity for them.  They worked a company that laughed at safety... the employees are getting a golden parachute.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2010, 03:24:04 PM »
Guess where the cleanup money is coming from 240 in the future? 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2010, 03:29:05 PM »
Guess where the cleanup money is coming from 240 in the future? 

From BP.  The $20 bil is today's estimate.  They were happy to agree to it.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2010, 03:29:59 PM »
From BP.  The $20 bil is today's estimate.  They were happy to agree to it.

Wrong, the money will be paid from oil that is still be drilled.  The sale of that oil is going to fund the cleannup. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2010, 03:32:47 PM »
Wrong, the money will be paid from oil that is still be drilled.  The sale of that oil is going to fund the cleannup. 

You're safe and happy in NYC.  You shuold see the anti-BP sentiment down here.  So many ppl are losing their jobs.

If BP had gone and spilled their oil on the NY Bar, and invalidated your law degree, you'd be pretty pissed at them.  I doubt youd be defending them then.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2010, 03:36:44 PM »
You're safe and happy in NYC.  You shuold see the anti-BP sentiment down here.  So many ppl are losing their jobs.

If BP had gone and spilled their oil on the NY Bar, and invalidated your law degree, you'd be pretty pissed at them.  I doubt youd be defending them then.

I'm not defending them, I am being reality based, not emotionally driven.  They are not sitting with 100 billion in cash reserves in the bank account to pay out for everything.  so where do you think they will generate the money from to pay for all of this? 

Answer - more drilling. 

Sad but true. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2010, 03:39:40 PM »
I'm all for them starting back drilling -

AFTER

They stop the oil from the hole they made
They clean up the mess they made
They agree to not dig anything they can't fix in the future.

We're probably 5 years from any of these things (at best!)

Imagine the mess if they blew up a SECOND well in the Gulf right now. 

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2010, 06:19:08 PM »
I'm all for them starting back drilling -

AFTER

They stop the oil from the hole they made
They clean up the mess they made
They agree to not dig anything they can't fix in the future.

We're probably 5 years from any of these things (at best!)

Imagine the mess if they blew up a SECOND well in the Gulf right now. 

If you hold them at bay for 5 years, where will they get the money to pay claims?  We have to be somewhat reasonable.

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2010, 09:44:36 AM »
No, I'm siding with the fact that bankrupting this company might feel good to the emotionally driven people, but in reality it will not only put more people out of work, but result in there being even less money to clean up the mess.

Well, it's a foreign company drilling in US territory on licenses given to them by the US government (or agencies of)... Do you think, for one second, that if BP lays people off (in the US) and lets the US taxpayer pick up the tab, that the US government is going to stand there, arms crossed and award them more licenses?

Apart from that, and your "emotionally driven people" comment, which you probably heard somewhere at some point on Fox and, as a faithfull Foxie, repeat the slogan over and over again, companies that drill still have environmental requirements they need to fulfill.

By caring more about a foreign company than US citizens I think you're just shown your true face though.

BP probably employees thousands of people in the gulf and I would rather BP paying their salary than those people going on UE.

Well, who's going to pay the salaries of the fishermen that can't go out to fish? Or the hotel owners (and employees) depending on the warm waters of the Gulf and the tourist $ it attracts?

BP has no other choice but to listen to Obama (or any other US president) and do as he tells them. In fact, Obama called for Hayward's head an his head was served.

Being the world's only superpower has its advantages you know. We can tell corporations to roll over and they all do. It's beautiful.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2010, 09:47:49 AM »
Was that while he was signing take me out to the ball game drinking beers or while he was playing golf?

BP is getting off easy imho the way this escrow nonsense is set up. 

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2010, 10:02:47 AM »
Well, it's a foreign company drilling in US territory on licenses given to them by the US government (or agencies of)... Do you think, for one second, that if BP lays people off (in the US) and lets the US taxpayer pick up the tab, that the US government is going to stand there, arms crossed and award them more licenses?

Apart from that, and your "emotionally driven people" comment, which you probably heard somewhere at some point on Fox and, as a faithfull Foxie, repeat the slogan over and over again, companies that drill still have environmental requirements they need to fulfill.

By caring more about a foreign company than US citizens I think you're just shown your true face though.

Well, who's going to pay the salaries of the fishermen that can't go out to fish? Or the hotel owners (and employees) depending on the warm waters of the Gulf and the tourist $ it attracts?

BP has no other choice but to listen to Obama (or any other US president) and do as he tells them. In fact, Obama called for Hayward's head an his head was served.

Being the world's only superpower has its advantages you know. We can tell corporations to roll over and they all do. It's beautiful.

I think you have a moral enviromental obligation as well and should stop posting untill you install some wind mills in your backyard and solar panels on your house and become completly oil free. The technology is there, why don't you use it? You are either with alternative energy or you are against it.