Author Topic: UFC 121 - Brock Lesnar - the freight train has arrived  (Read 20312 times)

indie-lad

• Getbig IV
Great comeback by Lesnar. This fight shows me a coupe of things.

Cain V should be favored in his fight against Lesnar and IMHO will win.

Fedor would do very well against him and should win.

Overeem will destroy Lesnar. I believe Overeem is the #1 HW in the world.

ironneck

• Getbig V
  • team young getbiggers
haha i just drive to the netherlands if i need some

spinnis

actually marijuana at this point.

And heeeeeeeeeeell no, took me forever to find a new dude with some good shit lol.

jag ska fan strax beställa en familjepizza till mig själv haha

Im close to having a pizza OD right now

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
You guys who say the fight should have been stopped in the first round.  the reason they stop the fight (usually) is because the fighter cannot defend himself and it si to protect the fighter from unnecessary damage.  Well, it is obvious that Lesnar was getting hit but he was fully aware and alert.  As soon as he got the chance he immediately got up.  he was not wobbling around or dazed at all when he got up.  The next round he beat Carwin.  So obviously shouldn't have been stopped early.  If Lesnar was hurt and in the 2nd round he couldn't fight or was disoriented and lost then you could say the ref should have stopped the fight.  And honestly Lesnar sucks on his feet.  When he gets hit he lowers his and aimlessly holds his arms out like a playground fight.  He does not protect himself skillfully standing up and that is why I think someone like Fedor would demolish him.  If Fedor could keep it standing up long enough to hurt Lesnar bad then Fedor would.
No Worries 4 me

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
  There were plenty of times he wasn't defending.
Its not only about defending, it's about trying to advance also, and there were plenty of times that Brock was grabbing for an ankle or Carwins head trying to get a position and the time he spent not doing anything Carwin wasn't hitting him with any damaging punches, he was flailing around and not landing shots. Like someone said when Carwin backed away to catch his breath, Brock took advantage and was able to get back to his feet when Carwin came back in for the mount.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
Its not only about defending, it's about trying to advance also, and there were plenty of times that Brock was grabbing for an ankle or Carwins head trying to get a position and the time he spent not doing anything Carwin wasn't hitting him with any damaging punches, he was flailing around and not landing shots. Like someone said when Carwin backed away to catch his breath, Brock took advantage and was able to get back to his feet when Carwin came back in for the mount.
Yep I think when Brock was down he was thinking let this guy wear himself out he knew Carwin had no endurance "just weather storm" got up and took him down.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
Bottom line.. Brock is now the undisputed Heavyweight Champion.
As sad as that is, well, oh well.
From watching that fight they were BOTH pathetic.
So I have no clue why WeightPSHR and Mindspin think those two are the best heavyweights in the world and hate Fedor so much, that fight really just showed how WEAK the UFC's heavyweight lineup is, IMHO.
Those two are TERRIBLE heavyweights at THIS POINT IN THERE CAREER. Lesnar could come full circle after a while. It would be in Fedor's best interests to come to the UFC soon and take Lesnar on before his skills appreciate too much, methinks.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
Okay....Cock Chestnar won....good for him.

The REAL question is how hard was Swede crying in the first round ??  Tell the truth dude.....you were suicidal.

spinnis

Okay....Cock Chestnar won....good for him.

The REAL question is how hard was Swede crying in the first round ??  Tell the truth dude.....you were suicidal.

I was stunned  ;D (and thinking slightly of the biggest shitstorm that might soon hit me lol)

Then I thought, wouldnt it be fucking amazing if Lesnar would be able to turn this shit around.. And he comes back in round 2 looking completly fresh while carwin is dying.

When Lesnar won Im pretty sure I woke up the entire apartment complex.
Being close to crying and screaming of joy just within a few min lol.

ironneck

• Getbig V
  • team young getbiggers
Wish I could do that, I know a lot of ppl who have but the really good stuff you get over there is rare.. :(

i get the good shit in venlo

Tyr

• Getbig IV
  • Head of deliverance
I was little surprised when Carwin wore himself out. Based on some pre-fight interviews I read he seemed to have taken the importance of cardio into consideration. Apparently not considering the final result.

Kudos to Lesnar for weathering the initial storm. He did enough to keep Rosenthal from stopping the fight and capitalized on Carwin's dwindling cardio. Had Carwin not been so exhausted he would have managed to fight out of the submission attempt. He was defending but once Brock adjusted and popped that arm triangle into place he didn't have enough gas in the tank to power out of it.

At some point they will have a rematch whether brock still has the belt or not.

OneManGang

• Getbig IV
I was stunned  ;D (and thinking slightly of the biggest shitstorm that might soon hit me lol)

Then I thought, wouldnt it be fucking amazing if Lesnar would be able to turn this shit around.. And he comes back in round 2 looking completly fresh while carwin is dying.

When Lesnar won Im pretty sure I woke up the entire apartment complex.
Being close to crying and screaming of joy just within a few min lol.

The shitstorm is still here. People who know zero about fighting have created a lot of conspiracy theories. Getbig schmoes and internet teenagers are cooking up the conspiracy theories around UFC and Brock Lesnar. Hilarious! ;D

SgtSpar

• Getbig III

The rule we're talking about IS only about defending.  The rule says if the fighter isn't intelligently defending himself, the fight will be stopped.  When you are fetal with both arms wrapped around your head, you aren't intelligently defending yourself.  If you are grabbing for an ankle or controlling the head, on your words, trying to advance, you are either defending yourself, or on the offensive, so the rule doesn't apply.

Quote from: Shockwave
Bottom line.. Brock is now the undisputed Heavyweight Champion.

Not at all.  He is the undisputed UFC HW champion, and that is not the same thing at all.

Harry Spotter

• Getbig II

Good to see that you're thinking ahead and ready to confront life's big issues,  midget.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
The rule we're talking about IS only about defending.  The rule says if the fighter isn't intelligently defending himself, the fight will be stopped.  When you are fetal with both arms wrapped around your head, you aren't intelligently defending yourself.  If you are grabbing for an ankle or controlling the head, on your words, trying to advance, you are either defending yourself, or on the offensive, so the rule doesn't apply.

Not at all.  He is the undisputed UFC HW champion, and that is not the same thing at all.

Spot on!

x2

Jaime

• Getbig V
  • North Pole, fucking elves left, right and centre.
Brock's transitions from running away to the fetal position was impressive. The fight should have been stopped and if UFC rules were not so pro wrestling and kicks and stomps were allowed then god only knows what would have happened. That fight happened on the street with zero rules and Brock would be in a coma.
Trans Milkshake.

OneManGang

• Getbig IV
Brock Lesnar causing meltdowns on Getbig
« Reply #116 on: July 06, 2010, 07:26:11 AM »
Brock Lesnar is used to causing skinny teenagers to melt down on the internet. They know they can never become an alpha-male like him or Alex23. Hence they are melting down every time he beats down a lesser human.

In addition to the melting teenagers, there is also a collective meltdown among the schmoes on Getbig. Conspiracy theories and cries for early stoppage are the order of the day. Brock Lesnar is too hetrosexual for these queers. Metrosexuals like Frank Mir are much more popular among Getbig's homo community.

Anyway, the meltdowns are entertaining! ;D

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
Re: Brock Lesnar causing meltdowns on Getbig
« Reply #117 on: July 06, 2010, 07:33:43 AM »
Meltdown.

OneManGang

• Getbig IV

spinnis

« Reply #119 on: July 06, 2010, 07:43:32 AM »
truth right thurr

James Blunt

• Getbig IV
« Reply #120 on: July 06, 2010, 07:49:12 AM »

Brock makes me think of this. I don't know why.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
Re: UFC - Brock Lesnar - the freight train has arrived
« Reply #121 on: July 06, 2010, 09:27:18 AM »
The better fighter lost.

Edit: ... and I'm a Brock fan. Still am, kinda, but he cowered like a schoolgirl.

spinnis

« Reply #122 on: July 06, 2010, 09:52:12 AM »
Carwin himself said in a interview either today or yesterday that the ref SHOULDN'T have stopped at and that brock was moving enough.

Cant remember what radio show though, saw it over at sherdog.

spinnis

« Reply #123 on: July 06, 2010, 09:53:36 AM »
"Shane Carwin was just interviewed on a local radio show here in Denver and I thought it was a great interview. In it he mentioned that Brock's head is like a cinderblock and that he definitely punched himself out in the first.
He also stated that he thought the ref did a good job and that Brock did enough to keep the ref from stopping it.
I only bring this up because many posts have talked about how the fight should have been stopped. Seems like Carwin disagrees.

don't know if you can find it online, but it was the Lewis and Floorwax show on the Fox. Just finished at 9:30am in Colorado on July 6th. "

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #124 on: July 06, 2010, 09:56:05 AM »
I was thinking this thread was about Rufus R. "Freighttrain" Jones?