Author Topic: has anyone on getbig used HIT and had it work?  (Read 3177 times)

tallandfat

• Getbig II
has anyone on getbig used HIT and had it work?
« on: July 08, 2010, 04:48:31 PM »
anyone?

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
Re: has anyone on getbig used HIT and had it work?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2010, 05:00:02 PM »
yea...there was a legend on here named pumpster that it worked great for...
DAWG

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2010, 07:58:42 AM »
I used HIT in the mid 90s......for a few years.......and yes......I did grow from that routine.

I must say though that after a while the body shuts down......and needs some time away.....that is when I added a few more sets to the routine......I never did high volume.......probably in the neighborhood of 10-12 sets for larger muscles and 8-9 for smaller muscles.

I did go as low as 6 sets for chest and back and legs......but only for a short time......normally I was closer to 10 sets.....HIT works but for a rather short period of time.....IMHO

On the other hand.....I have never trained with extremely high volume.....say 20-30 sets......that is just too overboard. You will benefit from more moderate volume. My .02 on the matter.

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2010, 03:04:54 PM »
Didn't really work for me - pity, cos I spent the better part of 10 years doing it. Then moved onto higher volume training and that seems to have been a bit more successful.

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2010, 10:32:25 AM »
i do think it works, your form and feeling for the movements has to be perfect tho,,,,

much easier and probly better to take the middle road tho.

yates fan

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2010, 05:02:55 PM »
did dorians version of hit for a couple of years,and it seemed to work ok,just got bored with it.

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2010, 10:26:14 PM »
dogcrapp is keeps you motivated to beat your numbers every week. i tried it for a while and got good results
irongearco.com

tomjone20

• Getbig I
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2010, 03:22:52 PM »
For a couple weeks about 6-7 years ago I did Tabata (1-2x a week).  It killed me; however, my measurements got significantly bigger in my chest, arms, and legs.

I will never forget the pain and throwing up but the effectiveness cannot be argued.

ether

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2010, 03:41:59 AM »
I tried HIT about 10 years ago.

I followed Mentzer's program to the tee even spoke with him a couple of times about the program for some advice.

I did not have very good results, didn't lose anything but no real gains to speak of other than in the log book.

In theory I believe it works and still follow some of the principles to this day (but more of a Yates style program)...I don't think the average lifter can do a HIT program bc they simply can not muster enough intensity without a few warm ups.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2010, 10:14:59 AM »
Did it for awhile. Yates style. It was ok. Didn't get any super gains from it.

Poliquin wrote a fairly good article and had a suggestion for those wanting to do HIT.

You can google Poliquin and HIT, probably will find it that way.

But it was basically a setup where you would first do around 6 weeks of high volume bodybuilding training, old school. Followed by 6 weeks of HIT. Followed by 6 weeks of German Volume Training. And followed by Max-OT or similar.

Basically, the point Poliquin was trying to get across I guess, is that HIT works very well if you switch to it from a higher volume protocol.

The gains you get is not from previously being "overtrained". But rather from the de-loading, tapering.

But you still need to put in volume training to get results.
As empty as paradise