Author Topic: new secret to building massive lats inside  (Read 12581 times)

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
Re: new secret to building massive lats inside
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2010, 11:17:53 AM »
let me ask you this: besides the firy first post in the other thread where i said "the lats have zero involvement in any bench".. where else did i ever say that? and right after that, i clarified that i only meant that the lats did zero lifting, and that they were not going to get any real stimulation no matter how heavy or hard you work bench.  the rest of the thread all of you guys tried harping on that original point, totally ignoring the fact that that isnt at all what i meeant, even after me saying in several different posts that YES the lats do a small amount of ancillary work.. just like in every exericse, theres a ton of muscles coming into play. the point is that the bench press is not a lat movement.  and you guys all already agreed with that.

::)
and again....you are the only one arguing "bench is a lat movement"...

bench

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2010, 11:25:20 AM »
and again....you are the only one arguing "bench is a lat movement"...

bench
where did i argue that the bench was a lat movement? i was making fun of you guys for harping on the subject when there was no disagreement to be harped upon. of course the lats are involved to a small degree, but they dont do any lifting, they are very limited in their involvement and dont recieve any real stimulation from any kind of bench.  tri's aree involved in curls. bis are involved in skull crushers. bi's are even involved in bench press. so whats the fucking point?? these are common knowledge, basic information. 

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2010, 12:28:32 PM »
no, work out your lats the day before, the day of, or the day after benching. doesnt matter, wont have any negative effect
You study this stuff a lot more than me, so take what i'm saying with a grain of salt. If the lats are involved in benching say the same way triceps are (though not as prominent i guess), wouldn't you want to avoid tiring them before bench pressing? Most people don't do french presses, dips, pushdowns etc before chest so they are fresh for pressing. Why not the same with lats?

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2010, 01:58:17 PM »
where did i argue that the bench was a lat movement? i was making fun of you guys for harping on the subject when there was no disagreement to be harped upon. of course the lats are involved to a small degree, but they dont do any lifting, they are very limited in their involvement and dont recieve any real stimulation from any kind of bench.  tri's aree involved in curls. bis are involved in skull crushers. bi's are even involved in bench press. so whats the fucking point?? these are common knowledge, basic information. 
nobody ever said bench was a lat movement......your the one saying everybody said that.......go back and read it....even though you are still too small minded to see it, it should atleast kill some time for you...

bench

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2010, 06:57:48 PM »
nobody ever said bench was a lat movement......your the one saying everybody said that.......go back and read it....even though you are still too small minded to see it, it should atleast kill some time for you...

bench
i was/am only highlighting the retardedness of those people who were arguing with me after i already clarified that be "zero involvement" meant "zero lifting", and not "total absolute zero muscle activity"..   yet a bunch of douche bags wanted to pretend like they had a point to make..     

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2010, 07:04:01 PM »
You study this stuff a lot more than me, so take what i'm saying with a grain of salt. If the lats are involved in benching say the same way triceps are (though not as prominent i guess), wouldn't you want to avoid tiring them before bench pressing? Most people don't do french presses, dips, pushdowns etc before chest so they are fresh for pressing. Why not the same with lats?

people overthink their splits too much. it doesnt matter if you work out your triceps the day before you work out your chest. you might not be able to lift as much total poundage because the triceps wont be able to add as much help, but bodybuilding is about how much poundage is in the muscle, not total poundage. if your triceps are exhuasted and cant add in as much help, that only means that your chest is going to have to work harder.  

lifting is very simple.  people over complicate it. reps 1-5 mainly strength. reps 5-10 mostly size. reps above 10 mostly endurance.  growth occurs after micro tears in the muscle are caused by excessive load.  you need to wait untill these micro tears are healed before you should train again. if you do low volume you can train more frequently because it will take less time to recover. high volume will be less frequent because it will take longer to recover (more tears and more growth takes more time). going to failure is taxing on the cns and ou can only do alimited amount of sets if you wish to avoid over training and also go to failure. stay away from failure and your sets wont be as productive but youll be allowed to do much more without overtraiing.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2010, 07:59:34 PM »
i was/am only highlighting the retardedness of those people who were arguing with me after i already clarified that be "zero involvement" meant "zero lifting", and not "total absolute zero muscle activity"..   yet a bunch of douche bags wanted to pretend like they had a point to make..     
negative...you just couldnt stand being wrong...you should get used to it.....

bench

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2010, 08:10:25 PM »
negative...you just couldnt stand being wrong...you should get used to it.....

bench
X2

Now trying to turn it like he was agreeing with everyone, yet he argued with everyone for days.

Just man up and admit you were wrong, tdongz.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2010, 08:16:21 PM »
X2

Now trying to turn it like he was agreeing with everyone, yet he argued with everyone for days.

Just man up and admit you were wrong, tdongz.
maybe he is just upset about all those ridiculous looking site injections all over his arms?

bench

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2010, 08:26:36 PM »
maybe he is just upset about all those ridiculous looking site injections all over his arms?

bench
That's just the acne, it moved from his face to his arms and back.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2010, 08:37:07 PM »
after i was questioned about my original statement of "zero lat involvement" i made it very clear that i understood that there was a small amount of lat recruitment going on, and that my statement was regarding actual lifting, not ancillary support. no ego here, just a humorous attitude towards you retards that thought you were being "smart" by repeatedly acting as if the lats were a prime mover during bench. 

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2010, 08:45:50 PM »
after i was questioned about my original statement of "zero lat involvement" i made it very clear that i understood that there was a small amount of lat recruitment going on, and that my statement was regarding actual lifting, not ancillary support. no ego here, just a humorous attitude towards you retards that thought you were being "smart" by repeatedly acting as if the lats were a prime mover during bench
again negative..no one ever said they were the prime muscle...you are just afraid to be wrong...man up..

bench

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2010, 08:59:07 PM »
again negative..no one ever said they were the prime muscle...you are just afraid to be wrong...man up..

bench
X2

He keeps changing it like anybody said the lats were a primary mover or were going to get built by doing bench. It's the mind of an addict, scattered and filled with thoughts that don't go together, but to the addict it makes perfect sense.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2010, 09:03:36 PM »
hahahahaha  ::)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2010, 08:08:48 AM »
dizzle nobody said you develop lats from the bench press...

you did clarify but you still refuse to acknowledge THE FACT that your bench can go up by strengthening your lats...

you still refuse to acknowledge that the lats play a big role in bench presses...

but again what do the entire scientific community, lifters who have been lifting 2 or 3 times longer than you and world class power lifters know, right bro?

I mean you have 4 yrs of lifting experience and watch youtube clips we should bow to you knowledge....

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2010, 10:12:06 AM »
the lats play a very minor role in bench. the origin and attachment of the muscle belly(the anatomical structure of the lats) doesnt allow for the lats to take any part in the lifting of the weight. the lats only contribute a very small amount of ancillary support and stabilization.

your bench wont go up by training your lats alone. provide one example of this ever happening, or provide some proof that strengthening the posterior chain could somehow improve the strength capacity of the anterior (to a significant degree). 

in order for your bench to increase first and foremost you need to increase the strength of your chest. increases in deltoid and tricep strength can also increase yoru bench, but not anywhere near the degree that chest strength can, assuming proper form (majority of the weight is in the pecs).  outside of those three prime movers no other muscle is going to be able to contribute much at all, if anything, to bench press. the lats, being directly opposite the chest, can play no part whatsoever in lifting of the bar during bench.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: September 05, 2010, 10:34:59 AM »
the lats play a very minor role in bench. the origin and attachment of the muscle belly(the anatomical structure of the lats) doesnt allow for the lats to take any part in the lifting of the weight. the lats only contribute a very small amount of ancillary support and stabilization.

your bench wont go up by training your lats alone. provide one example of this ever happening, or provide some proof that strengthening the posterior chain could somehow improve the strength capacity of the anterior (to a significant degree). 

in order for your bench to increase first and foremost you need to increase the strength of your chest. increases in deltoid and tricep strength can also increase yoru bench, but not anywhere near the degree that chest strength can, assuming proper form (majority of the weight is in the pecs).  outside of those three prime movers no other muscle is going to be able to contribute much at all, if anything, to bench press. the lats, being directly opposite the chest, can play no part whatsoever in lifting of the bar during bench.
http://www.bench-press.net/increase-bench-press.html
"The lats play a bigger role in increasing your bench press than most people give them credit for! By increasing the strength of your lats you can increase bench press. When benching squeeze your lats as if your were pushing the bar with them, keep them tight and flexed for the whole movement."
http://www.texaspowerscene.com/articles/bodybuilding/benchpress.html

The lats in this case, act as an adductor by pushing the arm toward the midline of the body. The lats however, are thought to play only a very minor part in the actual moving of the bench press. They have been shown to be effective just prior to the bottom phase of the lift (Barnett, 1995)

"Many of us were probably unaware that the lats were even involved in the bench press. However, EMG studies do show that the lats are activated for a short period of time just prior to the start of the bottom phase of the lift. Robinson states, "There is no doubt in my mind that the lats are used to help get the weight moving off the chest." However, while the lats are activated briefly in the pressing movement, it should be noted that this activity is considered to be very small when compared to that of the other muscles used in the bench press. In any case, the decline bench seemed to activate the lats much more that either the flat of incline positions. Also the wider the grip the greater the activation of the lats. "While the lats are not so much directly related to the push motion of the bench press, they are directly related to the stabilization of the torso," says Dr. Arria. "This is very important because greater trunk stabilization means that the dynamic load on the muscle is more specific.""

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #42 on: September 05, 2010, 11:02:17 AM »
the first quote is just some dude's opinion from a website. no credibility there what so ever.  the second quote does show that the lats play a small role, and if you read the whole thing, not just whats bolded, it makes sure to point out that while the lats are involved to a small extent, its no where near as much as any of the prime movers.

so your back to square one, buddy old pal..

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2010, 01:45:37 PM »

Did you bother to read Woflys post or follow the link? If you're looking for some scientific study done on it, be serious, who is going to do that? The proof is in the years and years of experience of guys that warm up with more than you will ever max at.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #44 on: September 05, 2010, 02:02:37 PM »
years of experiencing telling these guys that if they are going to be pushing their chest/shoulders/triceps/entire anterior chain to the limit on a weekly basis and bench pressing half a thousand pounds or more that they better be doing some work in the opposite direction as well or else they are going to be an absolute train wreck for a multitude of reasons..   you cant train one side of your body to the absolute maximum and totally neglect the opposite side.. thats how guys get injured, let alone reach platues because theyre opposite muscles that do some supporting arent strong enough to do the small amount of work necessary tto lift thos ehuge poundages.

that in no way shape or form means that doing lat work strengthens your bench. when done in conjunction with bench work, it will allow your strength/progress on bench to proceed uninhibited.

two very different things. and youll see that i was quick to point this out from the get-go, the very beginning of this "argument" in the other thread where it started.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: September 05, 2010, 02:09:09 PM »
years of experiencing telling these guys that if they are going to be pushing their chest/shoulders/triceps/entire anterior chain to the limit on a weekly basis and bench pressing half a thousand pounds or more that they better be doing some work in the opposite direction as well or else they are going to be an absolute train wreck for a multitude of reasons..   you cant train one side of your body to the absolute maximum and totally neglect the opposite side.. thats how guys get injured, let alone reach platues because theyre opposite muscles that do some supporting arent strong enough to do the small amount of work necessary tto lift thos ehuge poundages.

that in no way shape or form means that doing lat work strengthens your bench. when done in conjunction with bench work, it will allow your strength/progress on bench to proceed uninhibited.

two very different things. and youll see that i was quick to point this out from the get-go, the very beginning of this "argument" in the other thread where it started.
LOL I don't think you understand what you say most of the time.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #46 on: September 05, 2010, 07:41:00 PM »
LOL I don't think you understand what you say most of the time.
he doesnt....hell there have been times where he has typed a sentence...i copied it..put it in yahoo, or google....and printed articles pop up and it showed tbombz is just cut and pasting away like adonis, and the coach....tbombz doesnt have the mental capacity to achieve proper logical thinking...that why he has to use hallucinogenic, and psychotropic drugs just so he can expand his mind to the point where he can process info as well as a 3rd grader...

bench

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #47 on: September 05, 2010, 08:04:30 PM »
i havent typed anything that didnt come from my own head.. i always copy and paste exactly how it is on the original source as well as a link along with it if im going to use a source....  its a bit creepy imagining bench goign to google with my posts though.   :-\

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #48 on: September 05, 2010, 08:14:12 PM »
i havent typed anything that didnt come from my own head.. i always copy and paste exactly how it is on the original source as well as a link along with it if im going to use a source....  its a bit creepy imagining bench goign to google with my posts though.   :-\
how is it creepy?...it just proves that you are a mindless loser who has to use others thoughts, and theories because you cant think for yourself..

i used to think you were a alright guy....then i realized you are just another junkie who will just be a strain on the world....never amount to anything....and always dissapoint whoever is helping you....seriously dude..you seem to come from a decent family...and you threw any chance of being a better person in the garbage...1 post you made not that long ago was "i accepted my addictions"....that just makes you a weak minded bitch, and there is no argument there...your life is just a waste...instead of bettering yourself you just accepted you are a piece of shit..

bench

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #49 on: September 05, 2010, 08:26:23 PM »
MELTDOWN

so you care about me (as evident by the way your trying to convince me to "make better life choices", and also by the creepy, imaginary post-checking [imaginary because ive never done what you suuposedly caught me doing]), but your still an ignorant loudmouth and your still just trying to divert attention from the fact that you just participated in a 5+ page long attempt-at-an-argument about nothing...  ownage  ;D