Author Topic: Who's going to win the Super Bowl?  (Read 3879 times)

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
Who's going to win the Super Bowl?
« on: September 13, 2010, 12:55:36 PM »
The Pats won't, that's for sure.  :D

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
Re: Who's going to win the Super Bowl?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2010, 02:09:54 PM »
I'm climbing on the Texans bandwagon......!!!!  yeeeeehaaaaaaaa !!!!!!!!!!!

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2010, 03:24:43 PM »
gmen, duh.  8)

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2010, 04:02:38 PM »
who ever carl brutananadilewski tells me to bet on!!!!!

http://video.adultswim.com/carl/carls-lock-atlanta-falcons-vs-pittsburgh-steelers.html

bench

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2010, 04:50:56 PM »
No idea.  I'd say the favorites going into the season should be the Jets, Packers, Colts, Saints, and Vikings.

body88

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2010, 07:39:23 PM »
I'm going to go with the Saints. Great offense, good defense, great coach and elite QB.

The Jets don't have the offense to win a superbowl and Sanchez is still on the fence, imo. He's been terrible all preseason and he was horrible tonight. Typical Rex Ryan team. Loud and brash with a killer defense, but a subpar offense that cant do much but run the ball. Not going to work when many teams can hang 40 on you night in and night out. Sanchez is still running the most basic of plays and has real trouble checking down. he could improve, but it's unlikely that he has what it takes to win a SB this year.

The Vikings won't do it because of Farve. Highly unlikely that he will put together a season like he did last year. He's going to have to fall off a cliff at some point and this year might the year that it happens.

The Colts are always a threat, but they lost Sanders AGAIN and Houston exposed them yesterday. They can't stop the run. Injuries will test their depth. In todays NFL, lots of teams have potent offensive threats coupled with  better defensive options. That said, with Manning there is ALWAYS a chance.

I do not watch the packers, so I can't comment on them.

I really liked what I saw from that Patriots yesterday. Their O is top 3 caliber and the past three drafts have proven to be very succesful. They have two stud te's now, an electric return man, a great wr core and the defense is young, fast and aggressive. Mayo and Spikes make a great tandem and Guyton has really emerged. Brady is back to spreading the ball around and hitting the open man. They have two nasty safety's, two very good starting corners and quality depth on the line. However, their youth and lack of experience will not allow them to win a superbowl. Their schedule is a bitch too. Also, the loss of Ty Warren/Mankins on the lines hurts. I'm picking them next year.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2010, 07:50:30 PM »
I forgot the Chargers. 

body88

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2010, 07:53:05 PM »
I forgot the Chargers. 

I'd say they are the least likely of the bunch. It's going to be tough for the Saints to repeat as that is very rare in todays NFL, but I can't think of a more complete team right now.

I guess my sleeper pick would be the Steelers. Their D is nasty and if they can tread water till shitface gets back, they could do damage.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2010, 08:00:48 PM »
I'd say they are the least likely of the bunch. It's going to be tough for the Saints to repeat as that is very rare in todays NFL, but I can't think of a more complete team right now.

I guess my sleeper pick would be the Steelers. Their D is nasty and if they can tread water till shitface gets back, they could do damage.

The Chargers are still very talented and play in a weak division.  They're a contender, but I really have no idea will be standing at the end of the day. 

The Steelers are always competitive, but their QB issues might cause a lot of problems. 

body88

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2010, 08:04:51 PM »
The Chargers are still very talented and play in a weak division.  They're a contender, but I really have no idea will be standing at the end of the day.  

The Steelers are always competitive, but their QB issues might cause a lot of problems.  

They need to survive until the goon comes back. If they can do that, the have the D and the running game to make a push, imo. As much of an asshole as Ben is; he's still a damn good player.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2010, 08:10:36 PM »
YEAAAA BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL i dont want to say that just yet I have to see a couple more games to say one way or the other.

Green bay would probably be my pick, although they didnt look that impressive sunday

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2010, 08:12:04 PM »
They need to survive until the goon comes back. If they can do that, the have the D and the running game to make a push, imo. As much of an asshole as Ben is; he's still a damn good player.

He really is.  Same with Rivers.  A jerk on the field, but an outstanding QB.

body88

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2010, 08:14:22 PM »
He really is.  Same with Rivers.  A jerk on the field, but an outstanding QB.

Yes Rivers is good.

Is this the best QB crop the NFL has ever seen? Lots of good - elite guys.

Brady, Manning, Drew, Big Ben, Palmer, Rogers, Rivers, Farve (based on last year), Shaub, Ryan, Romo, Mcnabb, Flacco....

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2010, 08:21:53 PM »
Yes Rivers is good.

Is this the best QB crop the NFL has ever seen? Lots of good - elite guys.

Brady, Manning, Drew, Big Ben, Palmer, Rogers, Rivers, Farve (based on last year), Shaub, Ryan, Romo, Mcnabb, Flacco....

Nah.  Not even close IMO.  Montana, Aikman, Marino, Young, Moon, Elway, Kelly, etc. all played at the same time. 

body88

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2010, 08:25:19 PM »
Nah.  Not even close IMO.  Montana, Aikman, Marino, Young, Moon, Elway, Kelly, etc. all played at the same time.  

Interesting. I do think there is a lot more quality guys, though.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2010, 08:25:21 PM »
body, what do you think of my boy Brandon Tate now ??  8)

And the Chargers aren't going to win shit.  I'm a lifelong fan and the window is now officially closed.  Rivers will ensure they win the division, but thats about it.

body88

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2010, 08:28:25 PM »
body, what do you think of my boy Brandon Tate now ??  8)

And the Chargers aren't going to win shit.  I'm a lifelong fan and the window is now officially closed.  Rivers will ensure they win the division, but thats about it.

I love him. I was always pumped to have him, just had some bad luck with the injury last year. He fucking torched the Bengels yesterday.

With Moss, Welker, Edlemen, Tate, Groncowski and Hernandez, it's scary to think how good they could be.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2010, 08:28:36 PM »

Intersting. I do think there is a lot more quality guys, though.

Yeah.  There are a number of quality NFL QBs.  Also a lot of pretty average ones.  Only a handful of great ones.  

body88

« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2010, 08:30:57 PM »
Yeah.  There are a number of quality NFL QBs.  Also a lot of pretty average ones.  Only a handful of great ones.  

Imagine if all those HOF guys played today?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2010, 08:35:39 PM »

Imagine if all those HOF guys played today?

Would be awesome.  Montana was a surgeon.  Aikman was brilliant (and I HATE the Cowboys).  Moon threw a beautiful ball.  Elway was great, yellow teeth and all.  Even Kosar was a very good QB with his funky delivery. 

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2010, 06:46:29 AM »
I'm not drinking the Ravens Super Bowl kool-aid just yet.

But the Ravens will be tough to beat this year. We have so many weapons on offense now. We should be able to average 24+ points a game to offset our secondary weakness.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2010, 07:31:03 AM »
I love him. I was always pumped to have him, just had some bad luck with the injury last year. He fucking torched the Bengels yesterday.

With Moss, Welker, Edlemen, Tate, Groncowski and Hernandez, it's scary to think how good they could be.

Before Tate had the knee injury at Carolina, he was incredible.  I really hope he continues to stay healthy, he had a good reputation at UNC as being a hard worker and decent guy.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2010, 07:58:41 AM »

are you high...Steelers in the AFC...And some poor loser will represent the nfc...who cares...7 times

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2010, 08:02:42 AM »
are you high...Steelers in the AFC...And some poor loser will represent the nfc...who cares...7 times
LOL are you high?

ravens or the bengals take the afc north

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2010, 08:33:05 AM »
LOL are you high?

ravens or the bengals take the afc north

you gay