Author Topic: Question for mods on censorship of GetBig  (Read 1867 times)

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Question for mods on censorship of GetBig
« on: September 19, 2010, 09:21:21 AM »
Why is it that some words get censored (eg "homo") whereas others do not? (Eg "fuck" or "girl").

Can you provide a list of words that are deemed prohibited, and the reasoning why? (For example are the words "black", or "curry-muncher" deemed prohibited?)

What about freedom of speech?

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Re: Question for mods on censorship of GetBig
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2010, 09:26:42 AM »
What is "#girl"?

Cunt?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2010, 09:50:47 AM »
Quit your complaining you son of a  ########,@$#%##^^%,(*&***&####, !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :)

Cyttorak

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2010, 09:52:47 AM »
What is "#girl"?

Cunt?
Here you go dont worry about girls  ;)

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Been real, been nice...but it hasnt been Real Nice
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2010, 10:39:52 AM »
Why is it that some words get censored (eg "homo") whereas others do not? (Eg "fuck" or "#girl").

Can you provide a list of words that are deemed prohibited, and the reasoning why? (For example are the words "guy", or "curry-muncher" deemed prohibited?)

What about freedom of speech?

freedom of speech would be if YOU had a website and were not allowed to h0mo or b1tch or kunt..........

this is NOT your website, and not public domain..........this is somebody elses website, and they are free to make rules as they see fit

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2010, 01:25:18 PM »
Why is it that some words get censored (eg "homo") whereas others do not? (Eg "fuck" or "#girl"). Can you provide a list of words that are deemed prohibited, and the reasoning why? (For example are the words "guy", or "curry-muncher" deemed prohibited?) What about freedom of speech?

First of all, this is Getbig, and there are rules to follow. When you became a member, you agreed to it.  There is no freedom of speech here. You have as much latitude as I choose to give. Simple as that. 

So what is censored and not allowed - I hate racial crap, people who think one race is better than another.  I am not fond of words which are there just to incite, from any race.  Bodybuilding is a blind color sport - I like to keep it at that. 

I am tired of people calling everyone gay just because they like bodybuilding - it gets old.  Same with some other words or sites that people like to proclaim about - we are not here to advertise other things, especially on the boards.

Same with attacking various people whom organizations I belong too. Not cool at all, and it won't happen. 

You don't yell 'Fire' in a crowded theater - you don't put bullshit or lies on the boards.

We are all here for knowledge, entertainment, or locker room mentality, but when it gets way to damn serious, it isn't worth it. Hope that helps.

newmom

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2010, 01:26:37 PM »
Ron laying the smack down

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2010, 08:58:56 PM »
First of all, this is Getbig, and there are rules to follow. When you became a member, you agreed to it.  There is no freedom of speech here. You have as much latitude as I choose to give. Simple as that. 

So what is censored and not allowed - I hate racial crap, people who think one race is better than another.  I am not fond of words which are there just to incite, from any race.  Bodybuilding is a blind color sport - I like to keep it at that. 

I am tired of people calling everyone gay just because they like bodybuilding - it gets old.  Same with some other words or sites that people like to proclaim about - we are not here to advertise other things, especially on the boards.

Same with attacking various people whom organizations I belong too. Not cool at all, and it won't happen. 

You don't yell 'Fire' in a crowded theater - you don't put bullshit or lies on the boards.

We are all here for knowledge, entertainment, or locker room mentality, but when it gets way to damn serious, it isn't worth it. Hope that helps.

Thanks Ron - yes, that does help.  Personally, I support taking action to censor comments that might be defamatory. However, to me, using slang terms to comment on a sexual preference should be fine to do. With regard to racial discussion, I think some discussions on race, and how it applies to physique development, judging, athletic performance, etc should also be OK.

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2010, 09:51:07 PM »
Thanks Ron - yes, that does help.  Personally, I support taking action to censor comments that might be defamatory. However, to me, using slang terms to comment on a sexual preference should be fine to do. With regard to racial discussion, I think some discussions on race, and how it applies to physique development, judging, athletic performance, etc should also be OK.

Yes, not a problem most of the time, but with some others, they just can't handle that - and take it to incite, so easier just to have fun and not go crazy on it.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2010, 03:00:28 AM »
Thanks- makes sense.