Author Topic: Amanda Latona Blog from BSN - 09-20-10  (Read 2478 times)

TK

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
Amanda Latona Blog from BSN - 09-20-10
« on: September 20, 2010, 04:02:38 PM »
Final Amanda Latona comments before the 2010 Bikini Olympia
   http://www.bsnonline.net/blog/amanda_latona.html     

It’s HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Olympia Weekend!!!!!! Ok, so since it’s my Monday blog, it’s Olympia WEEK!!!!!!!! And it definitely is, being that it’s an action-packed week for me. The hard workouts are done, and this week will consist of 3 workouts at a lower intensity and maybe a cardio session ...or 2 =)

I just got back from visiting with my trainer Kim Oddo in beautiful Temecula, California, and ran through an absolutely awesomely intense leg circuit...well, more like 4 leg circuits. I was feeling so great and super motivated that I tacked on a 45-minute cardio session. 30 min. on the elliptical and 15 min. on the stairs. I had just done legs 2 days before and was super, SUPER sore, so doing this circuit that consisted of anything from leg presses to step-ups to walking lunges to split squat jumps done WITHOUT rest, was, well… let’s say it put me ready to jump right onto the Olympia stage =) Nicole Wilkins-Lee, reigning Figure Olympia champ and Figure Arnold champ, was also there, and I got to see her do her last shoulder workout before she steps on stage to hopefully take the title for the 2nd year in a row. I'm rooting for her and after seeing her and being totally inspired, I see her taking home the gold. She looks FANTASTIC!

This week starts with the final preps for getting everything ready...Bikini is about the whole package, so my hair apt. is Monday at 9 am. Early for me, but so is everything this week, so I have to get on an earlier schedule. Monday will be a light chest and arms workout. Tuesday is nails and pedicure and a light shoulders and calves workout, and probably my last short cardio session, also the last day to tan. Wednesday is my all-day photo shoot with none other than BSN®!!!! I am super excited about that! I will be there from 9 am until 5 pm, and a light back and abs workout that day. Thursday morning I will be grabbing all of the backstage action from the 2010 Flex Bikini Model Search online finalists photo shoot as I play the host of the videos shot there. I hosted last year as well, but as an online finalist myself, and this year I am hosting as last year’s winner. I know exactly how the girls feel because a year ago I was at the very same shoot the day before the competition, and this year I will be there the day before the Bikini Olympia!!! Wahoo!! Still can’t believe it.  Thursday afternoon is our athlete check-in and meeting.

Thursday night is the "Meet the Olympians" at the Orleans from 7 pm till around 9 pm or so. Thursday night I will also get my tan on. Wootwoot. I will try my best to get some sleep....yeah let’s see if that happens, I’m thinkin’ I’m gonna be wayyyyy too excited, I always am before a show. My hair and makeup is at 7 am on Friday, and then I will go over to the expo for pre-judging at 10 am. It starts at 10:30 am and I believe Bikini is 2nd after Fitness. Once the pre-judging is over we then have some time to go and freshen up (home for me, I live 15 min away). That’s a wonderful comfort. We have a rehearsal at 5 pm before the guess what?...FINALS at 7pm!!!!!!!!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!! Oh!!!!!!!!!! I still can’t believe it! I was insanely excited to give the awards out last year as part of my prize for winning the Flex Bikini Model Search. I still can’t believe we are here a year later, and I will be on that stage!!! Can’t wait.

I am more than thrilled that it’s also a 1-day show. So by Saturday the pressure is off and I get to just enjoy the expo. I haven’t been to the expo without competing both days because I did the Flex contest for 3 years. This will be a day to chill, see all of my fellow competitors and fitness friends and hang at the BSN® booth with my friends there. Check out the athlete schedule for Olympia appearances to see what times I will be at the booth for you to stop by and say "hi." I am soo excited to meet everyone. Thank you again for all of the encouraging messages and support. I am looking soooo forward to everyone that has told me they will be coming by and cheering me on, it means sooooooooooo much, THANK YOU!!  If you haven’t yet, hurry and get your tickets!!!!!

Also, if you need a killer leg and booty workout, check out the video I shot on how to get pro Bikini glutes. Here’s the link: 
and send me a message on how you like it and how you felt after you tried it out!

Well guys, next week’s blog will be after the Bikini Olympia. I am soo ready and have trained my best and put everything I have into this. I hope I can present the package for what the IFBB is looking for to represent this new Bikini division. I am honored to be part of this inaugural event, and I will bring my best yet in physique, hair, makeup, suit, presence and presentation. I am ready! See you there!

Until Next Week,
Amanda Latona xo