Author Topic: The good old days.  (Read 41940 times)

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
The good old days.
« on: September 21, 2010, 12:24:46 AM »
One day these will be the good old days. I turned 68 today (21st) and still post on muscle forums. Getbig is a challenge because so many anonymous blokes have a free for all and say what they like and bag others if they can. This is a great site for masochists and sadists alike. Each can take turns being humiliated and being nasty. If you want to feel like crap just post your earnest ideas and opinions here.

I am not gay whatsoever and don't drive a white van around. I date grandmothers nowadays. Your turns will come.

I still train a bit but not as much as before. Maybe I need to challenge Josh or Keith to a self-improvement contest! Enterring bodybuilding contests is a good way to maintain motivation.

Perhaps Ron can give me my Blue Stars for my birthday? Can't comprehend why an IFBB national champion isn't recognized here. Maybe the Pro Athletes Rep can go to bat for me here? I am a professional by NABBA standards because I own a gym.

Went to a 35th High School Reunion for students I taught in the early seventies in Sydney. Here I am with Brett Falkner who was the only kid I couldn't catch at British Bulldog in PE. He was my very best PE student that I ever taught and a fast sprinter. He got injured some 20 or more years ago in a windsurfing accident and is now a quadriplegic. He had some businesses so did okay after getting insurance money. Nice to catch up with Brett again but so sad to see this superior athlete in a wheelchair. He has a good attitude about life so that was refreshing to see.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
Re: The good old days.
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 02:00:15 AM »
As far as I know I inspired only one student to take up bodybuilding competitively. Several others train regularly in gyms and look good for their age.

Here is Ray Cosh at 53. I taught him in the early seventies.  He won some titles in the Sydney scene in the eighties. Great to meet up with former students and have a few laughs.

I always made my classes fun to participate in. We always played games and never did drills. I believed in learning by doing.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2010, 02:04:06 AM »
Happy Birthday Vince.  :)

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2010, 02:19:13 AM »
Thanks, Wes. I think when you hit 50 you don't want any more birthdays but they seem to arrive quicker each year. I guess it helps to have things to look forward to. That way time seems to pass much slower.When things are relatively boring you don't have many highlights and it all fades into very little at all.

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2010, 02:44:59 AM »
Walter Breuning is 114 today.  ;D

Happy birthday Vince.  :)
Bodybuilding Pro.com

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2010, 02:48:25 AM »
Happy birthday, Vince! We've had our beefs and I don't agree with everything you say but I respect you and listen to what you say. You've been there and seen it all. No matter what anybody says, if you left this board you would be missed. I'm glad you stick around in what must be the toughest board around. You give as good as you take and you've never had a meltdown.

Fair dinkum, my friend.

TEsticles

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2010, 02:48:58 AM »
happy b'day vince.....

disturbia

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2010, 02:53:01 AM »
you're an idiot

Happy Birthday  ;D

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2010, 02:57:28 AM »
Happy Birthday, Mr. Basile.

No flame but please start doing some regular cardio for the sake of your health and stay out of the Burger King.  Hope the next decade is the best one ever for you, champ.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2010, 02:57:39 AM »
Old, but I'd hit that!

Happy B'day Vince,
"1"

P.S. ....and by "that" I meant the quadriplegic

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2010, 03:19:09 AM »
Thanks, Wes. I think when you hit 50 you don't want any more birthdays but they seem to arrive quicker each year. I guess it helps to have things to look forward to. That way time seems to pass much slower.When things are relatively boring you don't have many highlights and it all fades into very little at all.
I couldn`t agree more Vince..I just turned 55 this past June.

As pellius said,I very seldom agree with you,but I do respect you and I`ll try my best to stop busting your balls.

I said TRY,dammit!! LOL  ;D

Enjoy your day!!  :)

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2010, 03:27:21 AM »
Disturbia will you stop posting in my threads? Just go away and kill yourself and do everyone a favour! ;D

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2010, 03:29:58 AM »
I didn't do anything today so am going out now to get a Family Feast of KFC. Should do for a few meals. Just a warning to you blokes. Beware of being married because you could end up on a park bench like me and Milos! I think if you get married and both work in a gym the marriage is doomed.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2010, 03:32:33 AM »
Have a good one, Vince. And may your day be filled with large women.  :)

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2010, 03:37:29 AM »
I didn't do anything today so am going out now to get a Family Feast of KFC. Should do for a few meals. Just a warning to you blokes. Beware of being married because you could end up on a park bench like me and Milos! I think if you get married and both work in a gym the marriage is doomed.

Birthday Family Feast for one.  Tragic stuff.

His was a tale of woe.

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2010, 03:44:14 AM »
Happy Birthday, man.

You kind of look like this guy. He is an actor named Tom Wilkinson. He was in the movie In The Bedroom, among others.

G

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2010, 03:46:42 AM »
happy birthday Vince.  i probably respect your mr. Canada win more than anyone on this board. i couldn't come close to winning it in multiple tries from 1991 through to 2007.  and i have many friends that the title also eluded.  (i don't have blue stars either!?!)  stay healthy.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2010, 04:14:44 AM »
Using my iPad at McDonalds eating KFC.

Thanks to those sending wishes. Hazbin joins Paul Dillet who didn't win the Mr Canada title. According to know-it-all Goodrum there was no one in my contest. Believe it or not but I was working for Ray Beck the promoter and it was my task to pick the judges!

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2010, 04:35:57 AM »
Believe it or not but I was working for Ray Beck the promoter and it was my task to pick the judges!
Let`s hope Goodrum and Chick don`t see this!!   ;D

newmom

« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2010, 04:41:43 AM »
Happy Birthday

keanu

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2010, 04:44:52 AM »

color=navy]Went to a 35th High School Reunion for students I taught in the early seventies in Sydney. Here I am with Brett Falkner who was the only kid I couldn't catch at British Bulldog in PE. He was my very best PE student that I ever taught and a fast sprinter. He got injured some 20 or more years ago in a windsurfing accident and is now a quadriplegic. He had some businesses so did okay after getting insurance money. Nice to catch up with Brett again but so sad to see this superior athlete in a wheelchair. He has a good attitude about life so that was refreshing to see.

Thanks for sharing Vince. Unlike so many useless repetitive posts on GB, yours seem to have themes, and lessons. We all take so many things for granted in life until they are gone. Happy birthday.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2010, 04:45:25 AM »
I picked 15 judges but 13 were there. Ken Rivard got 5 and I got 8 first place votes. I picked intelligent, independent, experienced and unbiased people. Chuck Sipes picked me which I felt good about. It was a close contest and I was surprised that I won.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2010, 04:54:07 AM »
I picked 15 judges but 13 were there. Ken Rivard got 5 and I got 8 first place votes. I picked intelligent, independent, experienced and unbiased people. Chuck Sipes picked me which I felt good about. It was a close contest and I was surprised that I won.

LOL...big surprise...you won the show that YOU picked the judges...wow. No wonder you have no stars

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Been real, been nice...but it hasnt been Real Nice
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2010, 04:55:04 AM »
even though Vince is into young-boy-piss-sex.............i dont see why he cannot get the paltry "blue stars" that he seems to desire so greatly.....

i mean, he was mr canada at one point wasnt he??   doesnt billy guns have blue stars   ::) ::)

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2010, 04:56:05 AM »
Guys like me have a lot to offer the younger generation. When I post helpful advice here I am usually ignored, ridiculed or told to kill myself. Imagine the things people my age have done. When I was young I didn't do well in the romance department. I learned the formula the hard way. Most of the young guys here don't want to listen so I seldom offer advice. I was the guy who told Milos I might be able to get his arms bigger and he scoffed at me. Well, he never found out my advice and his arms never got any bigger.

I learned a long time ago that there is always a lot to learn in building muscles. So I keep an open mind and listen to what others have to say.