Author Topic: Mainly a question for Straw Man but I welcome anyone else's input.  (Read 3579 times)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Straw,

Why are you supporting Brown?

(Or:  Why should Jerry Brown become governor?)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Mainly a question for Straw Man but I welcome anyone else's input.
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2010, 07:36:03 AM »
Straw,

They are supporting Brown for one reason - the LGBT issue. 

Gays are like blacks - mostly single issue voters for Demos regardless of anything else whatsoever. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2010, 08:28:11 AM »
Straw,

(Or:  Why should Jerry Brown become governor?)

like many voters in many elections my vote for Brown would mostly be a vote against his opponent

my vote for Obama was mostly a vote against McCain and Palin

I think many of these decisions come down to a vote against rather than a vote in favor

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2010, 08:29:34 AM »

Gays are like blacks - mostly single issue voters for Demos regardless of anything else whatsoever. 

I have no idea what Brown thinks about LGBT and don't care

I've never voted for anyone based on that issue

seriously 333 - why is it that you and other far right loonies think about LGBT so much

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2010, 08:32:10 AM »
it is funny... the sex offender, dont ask/dont tell, and death pentalty threads all come from the highly reperessed far-right voters on the board.

the left, sure, they want to hug trees and fix the world.  But the creepy sex threads always come from the other side.  creepy.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2010, 08:33:03 AM »

seriously 333 - why is it that you and other far right loonies think about LGBT so much

I was referring to it in terms of why certain people reflexively vote the way they do.

And please tell me what is so bad about Meg Whitman that you are voting "against" her that you would vote for Brown?  

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2010, 08:40:02 AM »
I was referring to it in terms of why certain people reflexively vote the way they do.

And please tell me what is so bad about Meg Whitman that you are voting "against" her that you would vote for Brown?  

I think she's full or more shit that Brown

She never voted in her adult life, she's using her own money (120 million) to run, she blatanly lies in her ads and I think she'd do more to help weatlhy people and less to help the state or the majority of it's citizens (poor, middle class and rich)

bottom line - I just don't like Whitman and I don't trust her

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2010, 08:42:26 AM »

She never voted in her adult life, she's using her own money (120 million) to run, she blatanly lies in her ads and I think she'd do more to help weatlhy people and less to help the state or the majority of it's citizens (poor, middle class and rich)

Yet you trust someone who has his hands completely in the mess of the pension disaster? 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2010, 08:55:34 AM »
Yet you trust someone who has his hands completely in the mess of the pension disaster? 

ya got anything more than a talking point?

you already know how I feel about defined benefit pensions for govt employees

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2010, 08:57:04 AM »
ya got anything more than a talking point?

you already know how I feel about defined benefit pensions for govt employees

Ok, then why do you allow your personal dislike of Meg to vote for a guy who helped create one of thew main problems in your state? 

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2010, 08:58:42 AM »

You think she's more full of shit than Brown?  Is that even possible?

What are some of her lies?

I haven't made up my mind yet.  Although i am leaning towards Meg.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2010, 09:09:31 AM »
You think she's more full of shit than Brown?  Is that even possible?

What are some of her lies?

I haven't made up my mind yet.  Although i am leaning towards Meg.

there are plenty of them (with the most recent being the issue with her maid - which is small potatoes to me).

Here are a few more:

http://www.factcheck.org/tag/meg-whitman/

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2010, 09:42:12 AM »

Why is using her own money to run a bad thing?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2010, 09:49:59 AM »

Because they are only pure and pristine when its coming from public employee unions, AFL/CIO, SEIU, Sierra Club, etc. 

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2010, 10:13:40 AM »
Because they are only pure and pristine when its coming from public employee unions, AFL/CIO, SEIU, Sierra Club, etc. 

Well, I'd rather have them use their own money than interest groups or taxpayer matching, etc.  I would think such people are less beholden to anybody but the taxpayer in those cases.

It's interesting that he doesn't seem to indicate where they stand on the issues, just who is less full of shit.  I have no idea how it's possible to determine that.  Most politicians I've ever seen are pretty much equally full of shit.  But, it's opinion so don't take it as an attack Straw, just trying to see your reasoning.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2010, 10:17:09 AM »

I don't like it because it means that someone can use personal wealth to essentially buy a political office

Given that our current system allows unlimited spending by corporations and that any candidate must whore themself out for campaign $$$ I guess in the end their really isn't much difference however I'm always suspect when someone wants to spend $120 million of their own money for a job that probably pays only a 200k salary.    

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2010, 10:17:33 AM »
As much as I can't stand Bloombergs positions on the mosque and nanny state bs, in the last 10 years or so, there has not been one financial scandal with him and lobbysits, contributors, etc.  

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2010, 10:18:21 AM »
I don't like it because it means that someone can use personal wealth to essentially buy a political office

Given that our current system allows unlimited spending by corporations and that any candidate must whore themself out for campaign $$$ I guess in the end their really isn't much difference however I'm always suspect when someone wants to spend $120 million of their own money for a job that probably pays only a 200k salary.    

right.    So its better they are owned by public employee unions who are literally ravaging the taxpayers.   ::)  ::)  ::)  ::)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2010, 10:18:37 AM »

any idea where all the money from wacko teabagger candidates is coming from?

mostly from a few rich guys from texas (Koch Brother et al)

the entire campaign finance system is rigged and needs to be fixed

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2010, 10:21:09 AM »
I live in NY and I don't really follow the races for governor, so I can't say I have paid very close attention to the CA race.

However, this "scandal" involving the housekeeper is such a festering example of dirty politics and contrived outrage by the left it's not even funny.

They hired the housekeeper through an employment agency. After a long period of time, it was discovered by the Feds that the housekeeper had a bogus SS number so they sent a letter. Later, the house keeper was fired. Nobody knows or hears a thing about it until all of a sudden in the middle of the election the housekeeper comes out with a box of tissues and hires ding bat feminazi Gloria Alldred who promptly goes on television and admits that her client committed a felony. I mean give me a fucking break. Obvious hatchet job that has nothing to do with the issues that was orchestrated to sway Hispanic voters from voting R.

I don't really know or like either candidate from the little I have seen. But from what I have seen of Brown, you would have to be a queer, illegal immigrant or welfare recipient to make that POS Governor.  

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2010, 10:25:51 AM »
any idea where all the money from wacko teabagger candidates is coming from?

mostly from a few rich guys from texas (Koch Brother et al)

the entire campaign finance system is rigged and needs to be fixed

::)  ::)

The Tea Party movement and those who support, the TENS of MILLIONS of us, do not even know who these people are, yet support the goals of this movement.  People are utterly livid at the far left and big govt and the sooner you realize this has nothing to do with Koch or Meg or whoever, maybe you will get a clue.    In fact, I have never even heard of these people until it was kneepadded by maddow in a pathetic attempt to discredit a movement of millions of middle class taxpayers in revolt against tthe extreme radical agenda of the left.     

Keep it up with your "head in the sand" leftist nonsense, no one is buying it anymore.   

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2010, 10:27:15 AM »

amazing..the shit that comes out of your head is dumb

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2010, 10:27:37 AM »

Maybe this is 3

C

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2010, 10:29:17 AM »
::)  ::)

The Tea Party movement and those who support, the TENS of MILLIONS of us, do not even know who these people are, yet support the goals of this movement.  People are utterly livid at the far left and big govt and the sooner you realize this has nothing to do with Koch or Meg or whoever, maybe you will get a clue.    In fact, I have never even heard of these people until it was kneepadded by maddow in a pathetic attempt to discredit a movement of millions of middle class taxpayers in revolt against tthe extreme radical agenda of the left.     

Keep it up with your "head in the sand" leftist nonsense, no one is buying it anymore.   

You seem to be a single issue voter as well; you want lower taxes (which I can understand) but that is about it. I used to think you were a Libertarian but I think you are just rightwing now.
I hate the State.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2010, 10:30:02 AM »
amazing..the shit that comes out of your head is dumb

Blacks vote Demo 90% or better no matter what.  Sorry Mal - they are irrelevent as a voting block and have completely margininalized themselves with their voting patterns.