Author Topic: Who's a better photographer? Ron Avidan or Phil Heath  (Read 2012 times)

TRIX

• Getbig IV
  • If you mess with me I'll have to fuck you up
Who's a better photographer? Ron Avidan or Phil Heath
« on: October 07, 2010, 11:19:04 PM »

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
Re: Who's a better photographer? Ron Avidan or Phil Heath
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2010, 11:42:51 PM »
I don't want to say that photography is easy or anything, but I will say that having a good camera is extremely important.

If skill was all that mattered, all bodybuilding photos could be taken with cellphone cameras.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

TRIX

• Getbig IV
  • If you mess with me I'll have to fuck you up
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2010, 12:00:53 AM »
I look like shit on cell phone cameras also. They are very strange

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2010, 12:05:29 AM »
I don't want to say that photography is easy or anything, but I will say that having a good camera is extremely important.

If skill was all that mattered, all bodybuilding photos could be taken with cellphone cameras.
Well put.  Great equipment usually means, great shot.  However, some should can't take a good photo, no matter what you give them.  Lens is everything/aperture.  Brutal blurred background, instant good shot...haah
N

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2010, 12:07:33 AM »
Well put.  Great equipment usually means, great shot.  However, some should can't take a good photo, no matter what you give them.  Lens is everything/aperture.  Brutal blurred background, instant good shot...haah

Great post.

I think if I had one week to focus on learning photography I could take pictures 95% of the quality of those who have been professional photographers for their entire lives.  I realized how much better my pictures were once I got a better camera and realized that yes, equipment means a lot.  It's just that not everyone has thousands of dollars to invest in it.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2010, 12:08:02 AM »
That thread is so stupid. ::) What does Phil Heath has to do with it? Why do you care about his personal life and what he does with his phone camera?

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2010, 06:27:31 AM »
Great post.

I think if I had one week to focus on learning photography I could take pictures 95% of the quality of those who have been professional photographers for their entire lives.  I realized how much better my pictures were once I got a better camera and realized that yes, equipment means a lot.  It's just that not everyone has thousands of dollars to invest in it.

Then you know pretty much nothing about photography.. professionals are just that for a good reason. Sure you can learn all the technicalities in one week, but the ability to think artistically on your feet while out on stressful assignments and be good at it is something that takes a lot of practice and talent. There's so much more to a picture than camera quality.
from incomplete data

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2010, 06:28:45 AM »
That thread is so stupid. ::) What does Phil Heath has to do with it? Why do you care about his personal life and what he does with his phone camera?

Because they are the nuthuggers.. Plenty on Getbig
I am a mini beast

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2010, 06:30:07 AM »
Just be sure your camera isn't broken when you approach a bber for a photog.

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2010, 06:33:45 AM »
Just be sure your camera isn't broken when you approach a bber for a photog.

especially with Dexter
I am a mini beast

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2010, 06:35:08 AM »
especially with Dexter

That poor kid.  Should have just looked down at Dex, who he was probably a couple of inches taller than, and told him he had mistook him for Donatello.....and walked off.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2010, 06:37:18 AM »
Did someone say photography?

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2010, 08:05:53 AM »
Now this is a conehead.

Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2010, 08:38:04 AM »
Then you know pretty much nothing about photography.. professionals are just that for a good reason. Sure you can learn all the technicalities in one week, but the ability to think artistically on your feet while out on stressful assignments and be good at it is something that takes a lot of practice and talent. There's so much more to a picture than camera quality.

Exactly.  It may not take "talent" to take a picture of some queer bodybuilder sitting somewhere, but having a pro photographer place you in the proper setting, with the right lighting, etc. is key.

For example, we had some photographer from NYC fly in to do our wedding photos (i didn't pay for it, no worries).  We went to some pretty nice places, and the photos turned out very nice.

A year later, i went to a wedding with some country bumpkins where the local Klansman took the wedding photos and they turned out like shit.  The equipment was pretty much the same, but the photos came out too dark, the background was too "busy", the poses sucked, etc.
Deep Tissue Massage