Author Topic: Taker vs. Lesnar?  (Read 4815 times)

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
Taker vs. Lesnar?
« on: October 25, 2010, 05:43:05 AM »
source: JRsBarBQ.com

"Got a great call earlier this week from Shawn Michaels and we spent some time catching up on a variety of things. HBK is happy, healthy and not missing the wrestling business at this time. Shawn is busy working on a hunting show for the Outdoor Life Network, I think, that will likely begin airing next year. We discussed some upcoming hunts and yours truly night actually go on one of these taped hunts somewhere down the road. I might be better suited to be the camp 'cook' as my hunting skills aren't at the level of say a Brock Lesnar, Steve Austin, or Dusty Rhodes. But the 'camp fire' talk would be entertaining."

"Speaking of Austin, some fans have emailed me and adamantly feel that the ideal match for the Undertaker to have at WM30 would be Austin vs. Taker. WM30?? Sounds provocative on paper but it's not going to happen. I'm much more interested in who Taker is going to face at WM27 which appears to be a wide open matter. Steve will generally always say the old wrestler cliché of 'Never say never' when asked about another match but no one would be more shocked than me to ever see Austin don his tights again."

There are very strong rumours that Vince McMahon and Dana white are trying to ink a one night deal appearence for Brock Lesner to face the Undertaker at WM27 for the streak. It is very doubtful that this will happen but after Brock got ko'd this weekend in his fight in Anahiem, Califonia he had "a confrontation" with the Undertaker who was being interviewed after the fight. WHen a rporter asked Undertaker about it, he replied, "its personal."
Who knows. If the money is right, maybe he'll do it. What do you guys think?

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
Taker vs. Lesnar?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2010, 05:46:36 AM »
There are very strong rumours that Vince McMahon and Dana white are trying to ink a one night deal appearence for Brock Lesner to face the Undertaker at WM27 for the streak. It is very doubtful that this will happen but after Brock got ko'd this weekend in his fight in Anahiem, Califonia he had "a confrontation" with the Undertaker who was being interviewed after the fight. WHen a rporter asked Undertaker about it, he replied, "its personal."

When I saw that clip, I figured it was a work.  The toughest thing will be overcoming the perception of how being involved with wrestling would hurt the UFC's legitimacy.  I'd be surprised, but you never know because it would pull huge money.

marcie999

• Getbig III
  • History is written by buggers who weren't there
Taker vs. Lesnar?
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2010, 05:56:11 AM »

Wouldn't surprise me.

But I don't see it happening because all parties involved trip the control freak monitor off the charts. Brock split, hooked up with Sable, dared to go to court over his name and dared to wrestle successfully in Japan. Vince likes to make examples of those who leave. He can't help himself.

I am not enjoying watching wrestling much at the moment. It's like bad reality tv.

Dana White would be too smart to let the ufc message get tainted with the wrestling "it's not real" buzz.

I hope.   8)
Ripleeeyyyyyyyyyyy

Playboy

• Getbig V
Taker vs. Lesnar?
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2010, 05:58:56 AM »
Wouldn't surprise me.

But I don't see it happening because all parties involved trip the control freak monitor off the charts. Brock split, hooked up with Sable, dared to go to court over his name and dared to wrestle successfully in Japan. Vince likes to make examples of those who leave. He can't help himself.

I am not enjoying watching wrestling much at the moment. It's like bad reality tv.

Dana White would be too smart to let the ufc message get tainted with the wrestling "it's not real" buzz.

I hope.   8)
I also doubt it would happen but vince is the same moron who kept bringing back the warrior even after the lawsuits and warrior's poor attitude.

marcie999

• Getbig III
Taker vs. Lesnar?
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2010, 06:14:03 AM »

I know.

:(

But I reckon Brock wouldn't want to go back, although him losing gives Dana White more leverage. Does Dana feel he needs the WWE angle? I always thought he had a greater thing for boxing.
Ripleeeyyyyyyyyyyy

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
Taker vs. Lesnar?
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2010, 06:15:46 AM »
I know.

:(

But I reckon Brock wouldn't want to go back, although him losing gives Dana White more leverage. Does Dana feel he needs the WWE angle? I always thought he had a greater thing for boxing.

I think Dana is smart enough to know how many WWE fans that Brock brought with him and is probably interested in seeing if he can do more.

marcie999

• Getbig III
Taker vs. Lesnar?
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2010, 06:28:27 AM »

And I don't think anyone can trust Vinnie Mac in a business deal.

Except Donald Trump.

:-\

Ripleeeyyyyyyyyyyy

Playboy

• Getbig V
Taker vs. Lesnar?
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2010, 07:00:06 AM »
And I don't think anyone can trust Vinnie Mac in a business deal.

Except Donald Trump.

:-\

Its not really a matter of trust. Its more the fact that Dana White's UFC skyrocketed with Brock jumping aboard and he may not want him to publicize the WWE when his loyalties Lay with UFC.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Taker vs. Lesnar?
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2010, 10:47:27 AM »
I immediately thought the same thing upon seeing the clip from the other night.
There’s one thing keeping me from believing it:

Who goes over?

Nobody believes that Taker will lose his streak.
It wouldn’t make sense, and I don’t think they’d do that to him - especially with an outsider (that’s what Brock is, now) making a once night only appearance.

Along those same lines, why would Dana send Vince his biggest name just to job?
And, it’s debatable how many new fans will Brock bring back with him working just one program with a buildup.
Dana will only go for this if it benefits his company.

I’d also have to wonder what Brock’s “people” think about this. How advisable is this publicity stunt in regards to Brock’s current career? 

Playboy

• Getbig V
Re: Taker vs. Lesnar?
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2010, 12:21:32 PM »
I immediately thought the same thing upon seeing the clip from the other night.
There’s one thing keeping me from believing it:

Who goes over?

Nobody believes that Taker will lose his streak.
It wouldn’t make sense, and I don’t think they’d do that to him - especially with an outsider (that’s what Brock is, now) making a once night only appearance.

Along those same lines, why would Dana send Vince his biggest name just to job?
And, it’s debatable how many new fans will Brock bring back with him working just one program with a buildup.
Dana will only go for this if it benefits his company.

I’d also have to wonder what Brock’s “people” think about this. How advisable is this publicity stunt in regards to Brock’s current career? 

I agree with you there because there's also the hostility toward Brock from the locker room and other WWE personel. Many in the company feel that Brock was given every opportunity including a 1 million dollar / yr deal and good publicity and high profile matches and Brock turned his back on it.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2010, 12:41:46 PM »
Here'smore breaking news on the Undertaker:

According to insider sources, the Undertaker was originally scheduled to win the World Heavyweight Title in his Buried Alive match with Kane. Those plans were changed recently when it was found out that he will need surgery to repair his nagging shoulder injury, which is rumored to be a torn rotator cuff. The Undertaker is going to be checked out this week and everybody hopes he won't require surgery.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2010, 02:50:03 PM »
jesus christ....he's fuckin older than dirt now.

And he looks really bad, physically nowadays. He won't be able to walk in 5 years and his young trophy wife won't be sticking around once that happens.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2010, 03:28:33 PM »
jesus christ....he's fuckin older than dirt now.

Actually, Jesus has been dead for quite a while.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2010, 03:48:10 PM »
I think it's legit. He rubbed a lot of people the wrong way when he left. Pro wrestling is a joke to most MMA fans, if Brock by some miracle came back for a match the only winner would be Vince. Brock would be shit on by the Tapout warriors, and no way he would job, Taker wouldn't put him over anyway. It was an interesting moment, but i think it was blown up way bigger than it should be because #1 pro wrestling is involved and everything is supposedly a "work", #2in the age of technology everything is bigger than it really is. My opinion, it's fun to specualte about WM matches, angles ect.. but it was one guy pissed he got his ass kicked not happy to see a guy who didn't care for to begin with. But what do i know?

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2010, 03:57:58 PM »
It was an interesting moment...

That's about where I've left it.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2010, 06:01:25 PM »
Like I stated elsewhere and it was blown off.........in the past Taker and Brock have said they were buddies.......I think Taker was asking Brock "Do you want to do this?" meaning, do you want to be a fighter? Kind of a get your head out of your ass statement. Taker even said right after that that Brock needed to train harder.

It is strange though that I always see Taker at the UFC fights, but this is the first interview I've seen..... ???
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2010, 06:09:39 PM »
Like I stated elsewhere and it was blown off...

You should visit us more often.
I promise that no one down here will blow you.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2010, 06:16:30 PM »

You should visit us more often.
I promise that no one down here will blow you.

Nevermind then. :(
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2010, 07:38:07 PM »
Dana White has told TMZ.com that Brock Lesnar is still under contract to UFC and "is not going to wrestle in the WWE."
White also noted that Brock "cannot wrestle, box, or fight anywhere else."

source: http://www.tmz.com/2010/10/25/ufc-president-dana-white-brock-lesnar-cain-velasquez-video-challenge-wwe/

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2010, 08:31:07 PM »
This is never gonna happen.  If Dana did for some reason allow Brock to do a one night deal, there's no way in hell he'd allow him to lose, it wouldn't make any sense to his own business interests.  And Taker is never gonna let a guy like Lesnar end the streak.  I'd assume that Dana would be thinking about building Lesnar back up first and foremost, and then go from there.  If Lesnar lost his next fight, then some kind of WM appearance might be a possibility, but still never a match with Taker.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2010, 09:08:15 PM »
Vince likes to make examples of those who leave. He can't help himself.

Yeah, but those other guys had no other options. If they wanted to make money, they had to join the kiss Vince's ass club. Brock, on the other hand, is still a marketable MMA fighter in an organization that Vince doesn't control.

If it does happen, I say Brock wins. He's the perfect guy to end the streak. As far as the "locker room," who cares?

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2010, 09:24:36 PM »
I think it's legit. He rubbed a lot of people the wrong way when he left. Pro wrestling is a joke to most MMA fans, if Brock by some miracle came back for a match the only winner would be Vince. Brock would be shit on by the Tapout warriors, and no way he would job, Taker wouldn't put him over anyway. It was an interesting moment, but i think it was blown up way bigger than it should be because #1 pro wrestling is involved and everything is supposedly a "work", #2in the age of technology everything is bigger than it really is. My opinion, it's fun to specualte about WM matches, angles ect.. but it was one guy pissed he got his ass kicked not happy to see a guy who didn't care for to begin with. But what do i know?

you know alot...well at least wrestling wise :)...I happen to agree with you...
DAWG

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2010, 04:45:58 AM »
When asked about the possibility of Brock Lesnar going to the WWE for a fight with the Undertaker, UFC Dana White had the following to say… "Brock Lesnar is still under contract with the UFC ... he is not going to wrestle in the WWE. He cannot wrestle, box or fight anywhere else." The following is the full article from TMZ.com: Brock Lesnar will not return to the WWE anytime soon to fight The Undertaker -- despite several reports to the contrary -- because the ex-heavyweight champ is still "under contract" with the UFC. Despite an intense standoff between Lesnar and The Undertaker at UFC 121 this weekend -- in which Undie challenged Brock to a fight -- UFC president Dana White tells us, "Brock Lesnar is still under contract with the UFC ... he is not going to wrestle in the WWE. He cannot wrestle, box or fight anywhere else.” Back when Brock fought with the WWE, he and Taker had a pretty nasty rivalry -- and The Undertaker claims he still has "personal" issues with the former UFC champ. So far, no word from The Undertaker.

marcie999

• Getbig III
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2010, 05:57:33 AM »

When the wrestling is good and cleverly booked to play to the wrestlers strengths and people in the background keep their mouths shut, speculating is fun.

It keeps things at a fever pitch and its all win for everyone. Right now I wonder how long it will be before the newest mat monster is going to have to sell the pedigree while Nostrildamus kicks out of their move that everyone else was defeated by. That's annoying speculation. It's not fun and I refuse to pay for it or watch it if I see it coming.

It's rotten at the head. They wont do what they have to do until they start losing serious bank. Right now they probably think their losses are explainable by the dilution a lot of entertainment is facing due to so many more options tempting the fans.

We wait.

Dana White does not need the WWE. The fans he won came with Brock from the start. I know I followed him because I wanted him to succeed to stick it to Vince. I was even sympathetic towards Sable who found out she had no job on the WWE website. A no compete clause for 10 years wipes out the best years of a wrestlers career. Too rude for words.

>:(
Ripleeeyyyyyyyyyyy

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2010, 07:34:59 AM »

When the wrestling is good and cleverly booked to play to the wrestlers strengths and people in the background keep their mouths shut, speculating is fun.

It keeps things at a fever pitch and its all win for everyone. Right now I wonder how long it will be before the newest mat monster is going to have to sell the pedigree while Nostrildamus kicks out of their move that everyone else was defeated by. That's annoying speculation. It's not fun and I refuse to pay for it or watch it if I see it coming.

It's rotten at the head. They wont do what they have to do until they start losing serious bank. Right now they probably think their losses are explainable by the dilution a lot of entertainment is facing due to so many more options tempting the fans.

We wait.

Dana White does not need the WWE. The fans he won came with Brock from the start. I know I followed him because I wanted him to succeed to stick it to Vince. I was even sympathetic towards Sable who found out she had no job on the WWE website. A no compete clause for 10 years wipes out the best years of a wrestlers career. Too rude for words.

>:(
Bullseye. This is the gratitude Vince gives his talent when they want to leave once their contracts are up.