Author Topic: Andy Irons Dead at 32  (Read 7269 times)

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
Andy Irons Dead at 32
« on: November 02, 2010, 04:56:16 PM »
Degue Fever.  Unreal.  Healthy a world champion and now dead.  Man oh man.  Really cool guy too.  Really too bad
No Worries 4 me

Army of One

• Getbig V
Re: Andy Irons Dead at 32
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2010, 04:56:55 PM »
Never heard of him.

SS

• Getbig V
  • The new and improved SS.
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2010, 05:00:21 PM »
Obviously a steroid OD.

Jake_W

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2010, 05:09:46 PM »
               R.I.P

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2010, 05:17:27 PM »
ANOTHER JUICED UP ROID FREAK ..... Men are not suppose to die naturally or unexpectedly this young... its steroid abuse  ::)

Yet,

Arnold Schwarzenegger 

Lou Ferrigno 

Mike Katz 

Franco Columbu 

Ed Corney 

Ken Waller 

Serge Nubret 

Robbie Robinson 

Frank Zane 

and so on and so on and so on are STILL ALIVE IN THEIR 70's

Rod Majors

• Getbig II
  • Down's but not out
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2010, 05:23:53 PM »
This Sucks....when? was just on ASP website.

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2010, 05:30:25 PM »
This Sucks....when? was just on ASP website.

today
No Worries 4 me

Rod Majors

• Getbig II
  • Down's but not out
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2010, 05:40:29 PM »
Ya just read about it...crazy, Slater is about to clinch number 10 and A.I dies...
crazy he had just taken everybody down just a few stops ago....R.I.P

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2010, 06:02:00 PM »
Degue Fever.  Unreal.  Healthy a world champion and now dead.  Man oh man.  Really cool guy too.  Really too bad

Are you sure? I contracted Degue Hemorrhagic Fever aka "Break Bone Fever" a long time ago and it hurt, but it didn't hurt that much.  But I did break a few teeth.
a

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2010, 06:08:16 PM »
Aloha, Andy Irons: Champion surfer, 32, dies of dengue fever

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/hawaii/detail?entry_id=76135

The surfing world and his home island of Kaua'i are reeling from the news that three-times world champion Andy Irons died this morning, reportedly from dengue fever. According to the Hawaii News Now report, the 32-year-old surfer died in Dallas en route to the Garden Island, after pulling out of a competition in Puerto Rico.

A longer story on his hometown paper's Web Site, GardenIsland.com, reports that Irons had been diagnosed with dengue fever in Puerto Rico, and had first sought medical treatment in Miami before deciding to see his doctor on Kaua'i. He was on a layover when it was determined he was too sick to continue flying home, and after checking himself into a hotel, never woke up, according to GardenIsland.com.

Irons' wife, Lyndie, is expecting their first child within a month, GardenIsland.com reported. His younger brother, Bruce, is also a champion surfer based on Kaua'i, and sponsored with Andy and their family the annual Irons Brothers Pinetrees Classic, a contest at their home break for young surfers. Andy Irons had to miss this year's Classic in March, the ninth such event, but spoke with the keiki contestants via cell phone from Australia, where he was recovering from an injury, according to an earlier Garden Island story.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2010, 06:14:08 PM »
very sad!!

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2010, 07:38:47 PM »
Man thats really too bad, I met him and his brother a few here in HB at the US Open...

http://www.surfline.com/surf-news/andy-irons-rip---three-time-world-champ-passes-away-surfing-world-in-shock_49481/

RIP!

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2010, 09:47:51 PM »
Aloha, Andy Irons: Champion surfer, 32, dies of dengue fever

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/hawaii/detail?entry_id=76135

The surfing world and his home island of Kaua'i are reeling from the news that three-times world champion Andy Irons died this morning, reportedly from dengue fever. According to the Hawaii News Now report, the 32-year-old surfer died in Dallas en route to the Garden Island, after pulling out of a competition in Puerto Rico.

A longer story on his hometown paper's Web Site, GardenIsland.com, reports that Irons had been diagnosed with dengue fever in Puerto Rico, and had first sought medical treatment in Miami before deciding to see his doctor on Kaua'i. He was on a layover when it was determined he was too sick to continue flying home, and after checking himself into a hotel, never woke up, according to GardenIsland.com.

Irons' wife, Lyndie, is expecting their first child within a month, GardenIsland.com reported. His younger brother, Bruce, is also a champion surfer based on Kaua'i, and sponsored with Andy and their family the annual Irons Brothers Pinetrees Classic, a contest at their home break for young surfers. Andy Irons had to miss this year's Classic in March, the ninth such event, but spoke with the keiki contestants via cell phone from Australia, where he was recovering from an injury, according to an earlier Garden Island story.

Yea it really is too bad.  My daughters husband called to tell me about it earlier today.  He surfed a few times with Andy back home on Oahu.  My grandson is going to enter his contest next year.  He just competed in the 34th Annual Menehune Classic on the North Shore last weekend.  Waves were shitty, today they are 20+ foot.  He has another contest in Makaha later thsi month I think.  Surfers seems to all stick together. 
No Worries 4 me

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
  • Beat Coach, Wes & Chaos So Bad . . .
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2010, 09:53:35 PM »
Degue Fever.  Unreal.  Healthy a world champion and now dead.  Man oh man.  Really cool guy too.  Really too bad

One less debt you can welch on.

THE BEEF

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Been real, been nice...but it hasnt been Real Nice
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2010, 09:57:31 PM »
the message here..........go to remote places, you  can catch something

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2010, 10:02:46 PM »
One less debt you can welch on.

THE BEEF

hahahaha what happen you bum you didn't qualify for unemployement.  hahaha go dig in the trash cans some more.  you'll find some change. hahahahaha
No Worries 4 me

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2010, 10:37:25 PM »
Holy shit i didn't know you can get dengue fever from steroids...  :-[ :-[ :-[

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2010, 12:28:32 AM »
the message here..........go to remote places, you  can catch something

No the message here is...if you are sick...stay in bed and rest - the amount of people I have that come sick to work is fucking unbelievable.
Everytime I have to send them home.
If you are really sick (and we are not talking about the man flue here) stay the fuck home, get hydrated, don't see your daughter, don't go to the gym.
Just fucking rest and sleep.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2010, 01:15:49 AM »
No the message here is...if you are sick...stay in bed and rest - the amount of people I have that come sick to work is fucking unbelievable.
Everytime I have to send them home.
If you are really sick (and we are not talking about the man flue here) stay the fuck home, get hydrated, don't see your daughter, don't go to the gym.
Just fucking rest and sleep.

QFMFT

The wisest thing you have ever said.
I hate the State.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2010, 02:27:38 AM »
His sickness was drug addiction. He was addicted to methodone, ambien, xanax, among other things. You can tell from his slurred speech in the video clip. He OD'd on methodone is my guess.

Very sad - he was an amazing surfer.

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2010, 02:29:52 AM »
no bodybuilder?

dov

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2010, 03:42:16 AM »
"Condolences to the family". Oh, and "god bless him"

Just so MesoZ wouldn't hav to say it

Lundgren

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Banned
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2010, 03:48:22 AM »
 I know this might a be a canadian thing, but when the fuck did surfers start mattering, fuck it's not like anyone gets all choked up around her when a pro curler dies or anythign like that.

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2010, 07:21:46 AM »
I know this might a be a canadian thing, but when the fuck did surfers start mattering, fuck it's not like anyone gets all choked up around her when a pro curler dies or anythign like that.

Besides, "surfing" is considered an extremely dangerous sports where people die every day of big waves, sharks or catching a cold so i say it was his professional risk.

Tom

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2010, 08:21:21 AM »
what the heck is degue fever? never heard of it! before i do an internet search, anyone have knowledge of this "deathly disease?!"