Author Topic: Would a nhl team work in Europe.  (Read 1201 times)

Lundgren

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Banned
Would a nhl team work in Europe.
« on: November 08, 2010, 09:01:10 AM »
Just wondering on your thoughts.

Lundgren

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Banned
Re: Would a nhl team work in Europe.
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2010, 09:25:58 AM »
I mean what other sports are in europe besides soccer, last time I check sweden finland norjway don't do to good in em.

spinnis

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2010, 09:43:14 AM »
what do you mean with "nhl team?"

Almost all the worlds best hockey players are from europe so ...yes?  ???

every country has their own hockey leuge

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2010, 09:49:15 AM »
I guess so in Scandanavia.

Basketball struggles over in Northern Europe as does NFL

Lundgren

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Banned
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2010, 09:54:04 AM »

Almost all the worlds best hockey players are from europe so ...yes?  ???

Yeah but it's not the big budget type of thing as in the NHL. Otherwise all your players wouldn't come west :D

Lundgren

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Banned
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2010, 09:56:19 AM »
I guess so in Scandanavia.

Basketball struggles over in Northern Europe as does NFL
Basketball ain't a white sport nor a northern sport, or for that matter even a sport that's played in europe. This isn't about artifically importing a american sport to europe or a europe sport to america like in soccer. It's about bringing a franchise to where the sport already exists.

Hockey is already big in europe more players in the nhl than americans, but can't support it's own league. With no real competition besides soccer, and local mini leagues.

Stockhome, helsinki,Berlin, moscow, prague, and maybe oslo would be a pretty good set up.  

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2010, 10:01:43 AM »
Basketball is big enough in Europe. In genmeral I would say basketball is played more in Europe as a whole than ice hockey as a whole.

Lundgren

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Banned
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2010, 10:04:04 AM »
Basketball is big enough in Europe. In genmeral I would say basketball is played more in Europe as a whole than ice hockey as a whole.
Yeah but it's in competition with Soccer, Hockey is strongest in areas that aren't as competitive in soccer, and their highly concentrated in certain markets.

Besides how many euro's are in the NBA, in 2002 their were 2 europeans for every american in the nhl. Of course eastern leagues are sucking up players, which will make shit even worst for the nhl as all it's players, are gone to european markets.

CAPTAIN INSANO

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2010, 10:05:25 AM »
That would be a terrible idea  ::)  ::)

Vancouver already has enough trouble traveling on road trips as it is, forget about a NHL team in Europe.  ::)  ::)

Lundgren

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Banned
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2010, 10:09:10 AM »
That would be a terrible idea  ::)  ::)

Vancouver already has enough trouble traveling on road trips as it is, forget about a NHL team in Europe.  ::)  ::)
Yeah that's a pretty shit arguement. Last time I checked it ain't the hockey players that pay for the shit. There's loads of un tapped money in europe.

CAPTAIN INSANO

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2010, 10:17:59 AM »
Yeah that's a pretty shit arguement. Last time I checked it ain't the hockey players that pay for the shit. There's loads of un tapped money in europe.

You're a Dumb ass. All the Star Players in Europe come to the NHL anyways. Be it as it may, the NHL is doing just fine as it is now, retard.

Lundgren

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Banned
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2010, 10:20:54 AM »
You're a Dumb ass. All the Star Players in Europe come to the NHL anyways. Be it as it may, the NHL is doing just fine as it is now, retard.
Of course because there no high scale league in europe I don't get your point.

EatYouForBreakfast

• Getbig II
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2010, 10:24:29 AM »

Almost all the worlds best hockey players are from europe so ...yes?  ???

Baahaha! best players in the NHL are generally Canadian mon frere! there are plenty of euro leagues that do well, and great players come from Europe as well.

Lundgren

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Banned
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2010, 10:27:14 AM »
Baahaha! best players in the NHL are generally Canadian mon frere! there are plenty of euro leagues that do well, and great players come from Europe as well.
Still don't get the nonsensical comments. Of course were half the fucking NHL. Of the 30 teams, 24 are american, half of which are based in places that don't even have ice. Why not expand to europe. 

EatYouForBreakfast

• Getbig II
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2010, 10:38:06 AM »
Still don't get the nonsensical comments. Of course were half the fucking NHL. Of the 30 teams, 24 are american, half of which are based in places that don't even have ice. Why not expand to europe. 

I agree. Half of the American teams cant even give away tickets to games, it's fucked. it would be pretty wild if they merged to make a world hockey league.

Lundgren

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Banned
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2010, 10:41:13 AM »
I agree. Half of the American teams cant even give away tickets to games, it's fucked. it would be pretty wild if they merged to make a world hockey league.
Stick with the name though don't fuck up tradition.
Bring six teams over a decade. There's a huge market and no other sport combination in the world has a better chance.

NBA in europe is just wierd, soccer in america faces to much competition at best it'll wear away the fan base in the states. Remember hockey's a white man's sport it's demographics will cause it to fade as well.