Author Topic: Wiki Leaks, Good or Bad?  (Read 7685 times)

Cy Tolliver

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
Wiki Leaks, Good or Bad?
« on: November 28, 2010, 07:35:11 PM »
Concerning these leaks, will the good outweigh the bad?

???
TEAM LAURA LEE!

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
Re: Wiki Leaks, Good or Bad?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2010, 08:39:26 AM »
There is a principle called 'publish or be damned'.

I don't think consequences ever should be a factor whether you decide on publish.
Self censoring isn't the task of an independent media outlet.
I may not like what is in what is leaked -actually I think it's dangerous - but I will stand up for the right for  for it to be published.

As empty as paradise

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2010, 08:55:24 AM »
bad

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2010, 09:05:04 AM »
bad

The only with any balls in the govt is Hillary. 

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2010, 09:08:43 AM »
Wiki Leaks is what it is, the real problem are the traitors who supply the classified information to them. Execute a few and I bet that shit comes to a quick halt. Besides Assange stepped in it this time, you don't mess with Putin and walk away.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2010, 09:31:47 AM »
Bad,

if you think our govt is made up of angels with good intentions, you're a moron who probably can't take a crap without directions, or just plain scared.

if you need a document release to realize we do some screwed up stuff, you're just plain dumb.

however, if name of snitches and agents are getting out - and they're getting in harms way - then I'm baffled why we haven't JDAM'd this guy's car already.  I mean, we drop thousands of pounds of bombs on bad guys who did shit to hurt our country 10 years ago, damn the collateral damage.  We can't pinkmist one moron who is hurting ONGOING military efforts?  Doesn't make sense.

Politically, it benefits obama for this clown to be publishing this stuff.  Cause it reminds everyone what a hell spawn heartless bastard (necessary for utilitarian goals BTW) that Bush was.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2010, 09:37:00 AM »
Bad,

if you think our govt is made up of angels with good intentions, you're a moron who probably can't take a crap without directions, or just plain scared.

if you need a document release to realize we do some screwed up stuff, you're just plain dumb.

however, if name of snitches and agents are getting out - and they're getting in harms way - then I'm baffled why we haven't JDAM'd this guy's car already.  I mean, we drop thousands of pounds of bombs on bad guys who did shit to hurt our country 10 years ago, damn the collateral damage.  We can't pinkmist one moron who is hurting ONGOING military efforts?  Doesn't make sense.

Politically, it benefits obama for this clown to be publishing this stuff.  Cause it reminds everyone what a hell spawn heartless bastard (necessary for utilitarian goals BTW) that Bush was.

Helps obama? 

Dear God are you messed up in the head.   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2010, 09:39:25 AM »
Helps obama? 

Dear God are you messed up in the head.   

What % of the evil deeds listed happened before and after Jan 2009?  ;)
What % of the remaining deeds make hilary (2012 threat) look like shit?

Actually, jsut list what % of these leaked cables make obama look bad.  i'd guess not many.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2010, 01:51:22 PM »
This is terrible.  They need to find and prosecute the people responsible for stealing this information. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2010, 01:52:07 PM »
This is terrible.  They need to find and prosecute the people responsible for stealing this information. 

Too busy tracking down the makers of fake coach bags. 

Sad but true. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2010, 01:58:34 PM »

they're too busy investigating the use of steroids in baseball.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2010, 01:59:42 PM »
WikiLeaks are true patriots in my opinion and should keep up the wonderful work.  Its rather sickening to read what exactly is going on.  A lot of "spy vs. spy" pointless nonsense and total government waste.

This whole things really shines light on how big of a mess the world and the United States really are.  Its like a giant game at the top meanwhile the lowly people and citizens just continue to suffer.

Its obvious way over any one man`s head and charge and is but a giant industry of subterfuge

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2010, 02:02:24 PM »
WikiLeaks are true patriots in my opinion and should keep up the wonderful work.  Its rather sickening to read what exactly is going on.  A lot of "spy vs. spy" pointless nonsense and total government waste.

This whole things really shines light on how big of a mess the world and the United States really are.  Its like a giant game at the top meanwhile the lowly people and citizens just continue to suffer.

Its obvious way over any one man`s head and charge and is but a giant industry of subterfuge

Completely nonsensical. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2010, 02:02:44 PM »
they're too busy investigating the use of steroids in baseball.

you mean tracking down people making fake louis Vuitoon bags?  

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2010, 02:09:15 PM »
you mean tracking down people making fake louis Vuitoon bags?  
It is a serious threat to the economy actually.  More serious than you may realize.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2010, 02:11:25 PM »
It is a serious threat to the economy actually.  More serious than you may realize.

I prefer ICE spend its time guarding the border and deporting the criminal illegal aliens in our country.   

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2010, 02:19:33 PM »
Regardless of how we feel about the content of the leak, it's important to defend the publishing. Next time it may be a damning document about an Islamic dictatorship. And if we've killed Wikileaks and similar outlets there may be nobody to blow the whistle that time.

Freedom of speech - use it or lose it.
Can't believe some of you fellas actually calling for assassination of these journalists.

As empty as paradise

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2010, 02:21:50 PM »
Regardless of how we feel about the content of the leak, it's important to defend the publishing. Next time it may be a damning document about an Islamic dictatorship. And if we've killed Wikileaks and similar outlets there may be nobody to blow the whistle that time.

Can't believe some of you fellas actually calling for assassination of these journalists.

The one to blame is whoever in the military leaked ths. 

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2010, 02:21:55 PM »

I don't give a shit about the journalist, although they should probably be looking over their shoulder ;), The fuck heads that leaked the documents are my concern.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2010, 02:23:46 PM »

Exactly.

Thomas Jefferson would shed a tear if got wind of the way some of these people think and how they would prefer to act.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2010, 02:24:42 PM »

Completely disagree.  This isn't about freedom of speech.  It's about threats to national security.  

What the media (both domestic and foreign) has shown is that it has no conscience and lacks any real restraint, common sense, etc.  

I seriously doubt an American media outlet would be allowed to publish stolen classified documents that threaten national security.  

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2010, 02:25:27 PM »

This guy isn't a journalist. He's someone with a massive hard-on for the US who thinks he's doing something akin to God's work by revealing this stuff. There has been a growing acknowledgement that this site has ceased to serve the purpose it was created for (protecting whistle blowers) and degraded into yet another anti-US operation. Even people who work for, or did work for, Assange have said that his obsession with America is destroying the organization.

I have no respect for someone that has no qualms with releasing the names of informants and people embedded with organizations like the Taliban in their pursuit of making a quick buck. I wonder what his excuse would be if one of those people and their family end up dead as a result of the earlier leaks.

Or the new revelation that China is apparently abandoning North Korea. Do we really need to add fuel to that fire?

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2010, 02:40:04 PM »
I don't like the latest published stuff either. But I gather it's not so easy that we can pick and choose what should be published.

I definitely look forward to Wikileaks losing lots of support over this.
As empty as paradise

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2010, 02:41:23 PM »
Like any of it really matters to the cosmos.   Oh the pitiful humans.  :-\

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2010, 02:42:23 PM »
I don't like the latest published stuff either. But I gather it's not so easy that we can pick and choose what should be published.

I definitely look forward to Wikileaks losing lots of support over this.

Hedge it's really not that difficult.  Don't publish stolen classified documents that harm national security and put people's lives in danger.