Author Topic: Newt  (Read 23874 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Gingrich Says He's More Inclined than Not to Run
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2011, 08:04:55 AM »
I saw a very good segment on newt a few days back.  He is milking the cash raising efforts.  He may have no intention of running, or at the very least will just settle for VP selection. 

My $ is on him sitting out the race, to be honest.  He's just milking it.  He's fat and not that easy on the eyes.  He knows this.  he's just getting rich off repubs who want him to run.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2011, 08:22:27 AM »
I like newt.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2011, 08:26:06 AM »
he has too much baggage

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2011, 08:27:52 AM »
So does obama. 

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2011, 08:29:37 AM »
yeah but a lot of his was made up by the far right loons

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2011, 08:29:50 AM »
I like newt.

perfect example of why he's unelectable

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2011, 08:33:25 AM »
Compared to obama, newt is a tremendous improvement.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2011, 08:36:03 AM »
Compared to obama, newt is a tremendous improvement.

this is a meaningless statement

if you're going to make a statment like this you might want to includes some actual comparisons and reasons

save your time though

he's not running

neither is Palin

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2011, 08:37:31 AM »
he's unelectable end of story

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2011, 08:38:52 AM »
What's wrong w newt on the issues? 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2011, 08:56:33 AM »
What's wrong w newt on the issues? 

newt is great on experience, issues and intelligence. 

He just has a poor appearance.

If experience, issues and intelligence were all that mattered, Mitch Daniels would be prez.  Bush would have won a second term.  Mccain/Lieberman would have stomped Obama's ass.

But it's also about things like hair, height, smile, and who you'd like to have a beer with.  Newt's not that likeable, and doesn't look that telegenic.  he'll look like a weird frumpy troll next to a tall and lean obama - and people vote on looks, sad to say.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2011, 12:46:52 PM »
lol

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2011, 12:51:10 PM »
lol

you can laugh... but no short, old, fat troll-like dude is going to do well in the race.  You increase the changes of a win greatly with a good looking person.

I know you have achieved great things without the advantages of good looks, but it's not that easy when it comes to things like political races.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2011, 12:58:58 PM »
you can laugh... but no short, old, fat troll-like dude is going to do well in the race.  You increase the changes of a win greatly with a good looking person.

I know you have achieved great things without the advantages of good looks, but it's not that easy when it comes to things like political races.

You are good for the board.  Good comedy.  I particulary like the elementary school political analyses.  :)

I know you have achieved nothing, without the advantage of good looks, or a good education, or staying out of trouble, etc., etc., but that's neither here nor there. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2011, 01:00:58 PM »
You are good for the board.  Good comedy.  I particulary like the elementary school political analyses.  :)

I know you have achieved nothing, without the advantage of good looks, or a good education, or staying out of trouble, etc., etc., but that's neither here nor there. 

meltdown

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2011, 01:01:35 PM »
LOL!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2011, 06:35:29 PM »
What a doofus.  He cheated on his wives because he worked too hard?  How utterly stupid is that?   ::)  Who is advising him?  Geeze.  His response should be:  I made a mistake, no excuses, I'm sorry, I have improved and made amends, and drive on.  

Gingrich responds to criticism of affairs
By: CNN Political Unit

(CNN) – Newt Gingrich may not have officially announced a run for president, but he was already preparing for character attacks from his opponents in a radio interview Monday night.

"I expect my opponents to go back 15, 20, 25 years and try to render an alternate judgment I understand that's what they'll do," the former House Speaker told WRKO radio host Howie Carr, referring to his previous marital infidelity and how it might affect a bid for the Republican presidential nomination.

Gingrich, who has been married three times and admitted to past infidelities, responded to criticism he sidestepped responsibility for his affairs in an interview with CBN reporter David Brody last week. Gingrich told Brody he was "partially driven by how passionately I felt about this country, that I worked far too hard and things happened in my life that were not appropriate."

During Monday night's WRKO interview, Gingrich said, "I'm not blaming my life on anyone, and I'm not offering excuses."

"I've made no bones about the fact there were times I did the wrong thing, and I've made no bones about the fact that I've asked for forgiveness," Gingrich said.

There is at least one potential 2012 GOP presidential opponent who is already weighing in as to how Gingrich's past will play into the campaign.

Former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum said in a interview with National Review Online earlier this week that Gingrich's personal history, while relevant, should not be the main focus.

"He, like we all do, will have to account for our past decisions. People will take (his past) as a legitimate issue to consider, as to how it would affect his ability to do his job," Santorum said. "I am not saying that is not a legitimate question, but it's not an issue with respect to the positions he takes."

Gingrich was upbeat on how voters would ultimately judge his fitness for office.

"I think most Americans are fair," he said. "And I think most Americans will look at the totality of my life."

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/03/15/gingrich-responds-to-criticism-on-affairs/#more-150333

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2011, 07:17:39 PM »
He's done.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2011, 09:32:03 PM »
I think he's appealing to the religious voters.  Really.

If they're hard-working, church attending and bible obeying people, then they know it can be hard to keep their cawk in their holster and trude away while their religious wife will only let them do missionary once a year for reproductive purposes.

They'd love to do what Newt did.  They understand that working 60+ hours and having a hater for a wife, he wanted to blow off steam, and life's too short.

I don't hold the affair against newt.  He should have handled this explanation better, of course.  man up and take the hit.  Stop playing the victim newt.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2011, 05:13:30 AM »
As long as the Dems have Slick Willie, headlining their fundraisers (as they likely will, to try and save Obama's hide in 2012), they're in no position to talk smack about Newt.

Thus far, it looks as if it's Newt vs. Mitt for the GOP candidacy.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: March 16, 2011, 05:18:25 AM »
God help us

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #46 on: March 16, 2011, 05:21:50 AM »
God help us

I give the slight edge to Mitt....for now. Thus far, the only thing the Dems can do to try and discredit him is to link his RomneyCare with ObamaCare and claim that the American voters can't claim to hate the latter and still support Romney.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: March 16, 2011, 05:26:15 AM »
I give the slight edge to Mitt....for now. Thus far, the only thing the Dems can do to try and discredit him is to link his RomneyCare with ObamaCare and claim that the American voters can't claim to hate the latter and still support Romney.

I think if Trump or Cain keep up their attacks and message - they can be the guy.  Romney seems to be very milquetoast. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: March 16, 2011, 05:28:46 AM »
I think if Trump or Cain keep up their attacks and message - they can be the guy.  Romney seems to be very milquetoast. 

do you truly believe that Trump will be better at legislating change to return us to some republican ideals, than newt? 

Trump is a great cheerleader, but newt spent 20 years in DC - he knows how shit works.

Everytime another 'celebrity' wants to be president, i think of how baffled Arnold was when he became governor, and the end result.

LOL.... the first thing president trump would have to do is HIRE newt to tell him how DC works...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: March 16, 2011, 05:33:51 AM »
do you truly believe that Trump will be better at legislating change to return us to some republican ideals, than newt? 

Trump is a great cheerleader, but newt spent 20 years in DC - he knows how shit works.

Everytime another 'celebrity' wants to be president, i think of how baffled Arnold was when he became governor, and the end result.

LOL.... the first thing president trump would have to do is HIRE newt to tell him how DC works...

Newt is brilliant and knows how shit runs - but his personal life and cave ins gve me pause.