Author Topic: Biden Says Gay Marriage 'Inevitable'  (Read 28060 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Biden Says Gay Marriage 'Inevitable'
« Reply #25 on: December 25, 2010, 10:09:39 AM »
I'm not......pain is exactly what it is

marrying your sis not going too well?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2010, 10:19:39 AM »
by "deal with it" do you mean get on a message board and bitch about it because other than that I don't see how it would have any effect on your life

there is no comparison with polygamy and homosexuality.   No one claims to have been born a polygamist or "known" they were one from a young age, etc..  Nothing listed in your quote from the White House website lists polygamy or triads so why do you bring it up?  There is no comparison other than to confuse the issue and to try to conflate the two.  

You're a simpleton, so I really don't expect you to understand that the "B" in "LGBT" means "bisexuals," and White House expressly supports "Full Civil Unions and Federal Rights for LGBT Couples."  What is a "bisexual couple" anyway?  (Rhetorical question.)  

Tony is absolutely right about you.  That's largely why I usually ignore you.   :)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: December 25, 2010, 10:20:02 AM »

That's probably coming too . . . .

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: December 25, 2010, 10:20:34 AM »
by "deal with it" do you mean get on a message board and bitch about it because other than that I don't see how it would have any effect on your life

there is no comparison with polygamy and homosexuality.   No one claims to have been born a polygamist or "known" they were one from a young age, etc..  Nothing listed in your quote from the White House website lists polygamy or triads so why do you bring it up?  There is no comparison other than to confuse the issue and to try to conflate the two.  
if youre bisexual, then do you not understand that if youre born that way it would be discriminatory to not allow you to marry one of each sex under your logic of this being a civil rights issue?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #29 on: December 25, 2010, 10:32:32 AM »
if youre bisexual, then do you not understand that if youre born that way it would be discriminitory to not allow you to marry one of each sex?

personally, I couldn't give less of shit if someone wanted to marry more than one person

don't see how it would effect me in any way so why should I care

I also don't see any need for gay people to justify polygamy in order to have access to the same rights that straight people have.

If you're against gay marriage then be against IT and don't try conflate non-related issues because you lack a good argument for the primary issue

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: December 25, 2010, 10:40:11 AM »

I was actually talking about your mom...having you for a son is the painful part

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: December 25, 2010, 10:40:29 AM »
personally, I couldn't give less of shit if someone wanted to marry more than one person

don't see how it would effect me in any way so why should I care

I also don't see any need for gay people to justify polygamy in order to have access to the same rights that straight people have.

If you're against gay marriage then be against IT and don't try conflate non-related issues because you lack a good argument for the primary issue
nobody is conflating shit dumb ass IF you think that gay marriage is a civil rights issue, THEN you must believe that bisexual marriages are also a civil rights issue.

if a person marries more than one person its POLYGAMY, theres no conflating shit...

THAT IS WHERE YOUR LOGIC TAKES US!!!!!!

I personally dont care either way, but if gays want equal rights they should get them all the way around not just where they bitch and moan...

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #32 on: December 25, 2010, 10:54:46 AM »
nobody is conflating shit dumb ass IF you think that gay marriage is a civil rights issue, THEN you must believe that bisexual marriages are also a civil rights issue.

if a person marries more than one person its POLYGAMY, theres no conflating shit...

THAT IS WHERE YOUR LOGIC TAKES US!!!!!!
I personally dont care either way, but if gays want equal rights they should get them all the way around not just where they bitch and moan...

just because you take it there doesn't mean it's correct

stop assigning your twisted logic to me and I've already said I don't give a shit how many people want to get married

two people of the same sex who want to get married don't need to justify polygamy in order to justify their right to get married

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: December 25, 2010, 10:57:21 AM »
I think the issue is that "does a society get to define marriage how it wants?" 

Right now its defnied as being between a man and woman, 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: December 25, 2010, 11:03:48 AM »
just because you take it there doesn't mean it's correct

stop assigning your twisted logic to me and I've already said I don't give a shit how many people want to get married

two people of the same sex who want to get married don't need to justify polygamy in order to justify their right to get married
LMFAO quit acting like im twisting your logic everytime I show you where it leads and you dont like it

then you respond, "I dont care about that, all I care about is (insert idiocy here)" you did the same shit in the other thread where i made you look foolish...

you said that involving polygamy with LBGT marriage is conflating the issue when its not its a very logical application of your stance that LBGT marriage rights are a civil rights issue.

Im sorry if you dont like where YOUR OWN LOGIC LEADS...

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #35 on: December 25, 2010, 11:09:41 AM »
LMFAO quit acting like im twisting your logic everytime I show you where it leads and you dont like it

then you respond, "I dont care about that, all I care about is (insert idiocy here)" you did the same shit in the other thread where i made you look foolish...

you said that involving polygamy with LBGT marriage is conflating the issue when its not its a very logical application of your stance that LBGT marriage rights are a civil rights issue.

Im sorry if you dont like where YOUR OWN LOGIC LEADS...

it's not my "logic" that led you there ....it's yours

two people of the same sex who want to get married don't need to justify other forms marriage in order to be entitled to the right to get married they only need to prove that they have the right to get married

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: December 25, 2010, 11:14:54 AM »
it's not my "logic" that led you there ....it's yours

two people of the same sex who want to get married don't need to justify other forms marriage in order to be entitled to the right to get married they only need to prove that they have the right to get married

LMFAO you really have no idea what logic is do you?

youre using the idea that gay marriage is a civil rights issue b/c they are born that way

bisexuals are born that way as well, so why do you deny them the right to get married to a person of each sex?

is that not a civil rights issue as well?

its using your logic brain child...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: December 25, 2010, 11:21:16 AM »
I think the issue is that "does a society get to define marriage how it wants?" 

Right now its defnied as being between a man and woman, 

Not for long.   :-\

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #38 on: December 25, 2010, 11:32:06 AM »
LMFAO you really have no idea what logic is do you?
youre using the idea that gay marriage is a civil rights issue b/c they are born that way

bisexuals are born that way as well, so why do you deny them the right to get married to a person of each sex?

is that not a civil rights issue as well?

its using your logic brain child...

it may well be a civil rights issue

it's hasn't come up as of yet but gays don't need to argue that case in order to obtain their own right to get married.

Since when does one group trying to obtain equal rights need to prove the case for other groups in order to obtain their own rights.

Just because opponents of same sex marriage create this "slipperly slope" arguement doesn't mean it's valid

As I've already said, I don't care if 3 people or 10 people want to get married to each other.   It makes no difference to me just like it makes no difference to me if 2 people want to get married  

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: December 25, 2010, 11:55:40 AM »
it may well be a civil rights issue

it's hasn't come up as of yet but gays don't need to argue that case in order to obtain their own right to get married.

Since when does one group trying to obtain equal rights need to prove the case for other groups in order to obtain their own rights.

Just because opponents of same sex marriage create this "slipperly slope" arguement doesn't mean it's valid

As I've already said, I don't care if 3 people or 10 people want to get married to each other.   It makes no difference to me just like it makes no difference to me if 2 people want to get married  
when did ANYBODY here say that one group had to prove another groups case for equal rights?  ::)

if gays getting married b/c they are born that way is a civil rights issue, THEN bisexuals getting married b/c they are born that way IS ALSO...thats the logic  ;)

thats fine straw but dont sit there and act like we are trying to conflate the issue, thats part of the issue as its defined by your logic for gays getting married...

seriously bro I dont know how someone like yourself can struggle so much with basic logic and still not need someone to dress you in the morning

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #40 on: December 25, 2010, 11:58:46 AM »
when did ANYBODY here say that one group had to prove another groups case for equal rights?  ::)

if gays getting married b/c they are born that way is a civil rights issue, THEN bisexuals getting married b/c they are born that way IS ALSO...thats the logic  ;)

thats fine straw but dont sit there and act like we are trying to conflate the issue, thats part of the issue as its defined by your logic for gays getting married...

seriously bro I dont know how someone like yourself can struggle so much with basic logic and still not need someone to dress you in the morning

you did

go back and ready your own posts genius

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: December 25, 2010, 12:00:22 PM »
you did

go back and ready your own posts genius
really quote my post brain child

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #42 on: December 25, 2010, 12:14:12 PM »
really quote my post brain child

scroll up and pick any one where you mention bisexual marriage

I've had enough of your nonsense for one day

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: December 25, 2010, 12:14:51 PM »
Are there other nations who alow gays to marry? 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: December 25, 2010, 12:16:13 PM »
scroll up and pick any one where you mention bisexual marriage

I've had enough of your nonsense for one day
nice side step...I expected exactly that  ;)

wouldnt expect you to back up an claim anymore than i would for you to be able to follow a simple line of logic  ::)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #45 on: December 25, 2010, 12:17:15 PM »

are you joking?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: December 25, 2010, 12:18:40 PM »
No.  I'm not up on gay issues. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #47 on: December 25, 2010, 12:19:10 PM »
No.  I'm not up on gay issues. 

try the google

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: December 25, 2010, 12:20:39 PM »

Only a handful:  "Same-sex marriage is legal in Argentina, Belgium, Canada, Iceland, the Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, South Africa, Spain and Sweden. In Mexico, same-sex marriages are only performed in Mexico City, but these marriages must be recognized by all Mexican states. Israel does not recognize same-sex marriages performed on its territory, but recognizes same-sex marriages performed in foreign jurisdictions."  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Same-sex_marriage#Current_status

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #49 on: December 25, 2010, 03:03:50 PM »
Only a handful:  "Same-sex marriage is legal in Argentina, Belgium, Canada, Iceland, the Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, South Africa, Spain and Sweden. In Mexico, same-sex marriages are only performed in Mexico City, but these marriages must be recognized by all Mexican states. Israel does not recognize same-sex marriages performed on its territory, but recognizes same-sex marriages performed in foreign jurisdictions."  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Same-sex_marriage#Current_status

I had no idea it was so accepted in other places.

I had a Q... in american history, does anyone know the limitations which once existed on different race marriages?  Was it illegal at one point?  If so, when did that change?