Author Topic: Biden Says Gay Marriage 'Inevitable'  (Read 28061 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Biden Says Gay Marriage 'Inevitable'
« on: December 24, 2010, 07:51:40 AM »
What a surprise.   ::)  Laying the groundwork for the president to say that his view on traditional marriage has "evolved" to the point where he now openly supports homosexual marriage.  I predict we see this "evolution" before the end of 2011. 

Biden Says Gay Marriage 'Inevitable'
Friday, 24 Dec 2010

Vice President Joe Biden says the country is evolving on the issue of gay marriage and he thinks it's inevitable there will be national consensus.

He said on ABC's "Good Morning America" Friday the same thing is happening with the issue of marriage that happened with gays' service in the military.

Changes in attitudes by military leaders, those in the service and the public allowed the repeal by Congress of the "don't ask, don't tell" policy that will eventually allow gays to serve openly in the military.

Gay marriage is still not legal in most states. President Barack Obama recently said his feelings on the gay marriage issue are evolving, but he still believes in allowing strong civil unions that provide certain protections and legal rights that married couples have.

http://www.newsmax.com/InsideCover/BidenGayMarriage/2010/12/24/id/380958

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: Biden Says Gay Marriage 'Inevitable'
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2010, 09:41:18 AM »
What a surprise.   ::)  Laying the groundwork for the president to say that his view on traditional marriage has "evolved" to the point where he now openly supports homosexual marriage.  I predict we see this "evolution" before the end of 2011. 

Isn't Obama on the record as not being in favor of it?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2010, 09:43:31 AM »
Yes.  And it was clinton who signed doma. 

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2010, 10:07:58 AM »
I say let 'em get married.  Who cares, join me in my pain......oh, wait.......I'm happily married.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2010, 10:12:07 AM »
Wait till gays get the joy of divorce court, family court, cps, and custody fights.  Ha ha ha. 

They will beg to overturn it and rue the day they wanted to get married.

Too bad most states are no fault now.  Watching a grounds trial in a gay divorce would be worth the price of admission.   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2010, 10:34:46 AM »
Biden is actually right that it's inevitable. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2010, 11:44:03 AM »
Biden is actually right that it's inevitable. 

it will happen because it's a civil rights issue plain and simple

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2010, 11:46:06 AM »
it will happen because it's a civil rights issue plain and simple
so is gays in locker rooms, when are there going to be parades for that?  ::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2010, 11:55:27 AM »
Is polygamy a civil rights issue?   How about marrying someone at 16? 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2010, 12:01:04 PM »
Is polygamy a civil rights issue?   How about marrying someone at 16? 

why do you try to conflate those with homosexual marriage between adults

classic example of not being able to debate the issue so you throw up a "strawman" in it's place and then try to argue that instead

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2010, 12:07:18 PM »
Personally I could care less and think the govt should not be in the marriage business, but it has nothing to do w an affinity for gays marrying, which I find bizarre.   

If they want to get married, let them, and then watch them piss and moan how unfair divorce court is.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2010, 12:10:48 PM »
Personally I could care less and think the govt should not be in the marriage business, but it has nothing to do w an affinity for gays marrying, which I find bizarre.   

If they want to get married, let them, and then watch them piss and moan how unfair divorce court is.
how do you know which one to screw over in a divorce?

generally now the male gets the shaft(no pun intended) in divorce if they are both dudes who gets the kids?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2010, 12:15:04 PM »

personally, I don't understand the gay thing (with the exception of hot lipstick lesbo's of course) but then I don't "get it" when I see guys dating morbidly obese women either or guys that date/marry cold stone bitches who basically castrate them.   I don't get alot of things  about peoples choices in relationships but I also know that I don't have to "get it". It's none of my business what other people want to do and I can see discrimination in the treatment of gay people in our society

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2010, 12:28:51 PM »
Ha ha ha.  My gf knows a pt at her gym and rhe dude always talks about his wife. She figured his wife would be fit considering the way he talked amd showed her a pic and told me the chic was a massive whale. 

As for gay marriage, I really don't care anymore.  Its a tiny amount of people and they are not going to bother me.  Overtime, people won't even notice and the novelty will wear off.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2010, 04:22:43 PM »
Is polygamy a civil rights issue?   How about marrying someone at 16?  

Stay tuned.  There really isn't a logical distinction between homosexual marriage and polygamy when you factor in the "GLBT" and "gender identity" classifications.  If we give special protection to "bisexuals," we will one day have trouble prohibiting a "bisexual" from marrying two people (one of each sex).  

This is something I don't think the Army brass has really given enough thought. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2010, 04:43:24 PM »
Stay tuned.  There really isn't a logical distinction between homosexual marriage and polygamy when you factor in the "GLBT" and "gender identity" classifications.  If we give special protection to "bisexuals," we will one day have trouble prohibiting a "bisexual" from marrying two people (one of each sex).  

This is something I don't think the Army brass has really given enough thought. 

there isn't?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2010, 04:44:45 PM »
there isn't?
if you read the rest of his post he makes good sense logically, but then again i know logic and you dont mix  ;)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2010, 06:59:24 PM »
I say let 'em get married.  Who cares, join me in my pain......oh, wait.......I'm happily married.

HAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!

It's true.

It's so funny that people somehow believe they have to authority to tell anyone else who they should spend their lives with.

Even funnier is admitted adulterers like Newt or Mccain trying to take the moral high ground on putting penises anywhere.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2010, 07:04:32 PM »
You would think that straight people would be clamoring for gay marriage more than the homosexuals themselves.  Gay marriage is the first step in abolishing that pesky little estate/death tax.  Don't want to lose 45-55% of your estate when you die and pass it along?  Just marry your heir.  Done deal, gov't doesn't get shit.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2010, 08:31:03 AM »
if you read the rest of his post he makes good sense logically, but then again i know logic and you dont mix  ;)

tommy - you're seriously the last person who should lecture anyone about logic

people who are opposed to equal rights for gay people have often conflated polygamy or even things like bestiality or worse to try to confuse simple minded people such as yourself or perhaps because they are confused in their own simple minds.   It doesn't suprise me that you think it makes sense

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2010, 09:02:29 AM »
tommy - you're seriously the last person who should lecture anyone about logic

people who are opposed to equal rights for gay people have often conflated polygamy or even things like bestiality or worse to try to confuse simple minded people such as yourself or perhaps because they are confused in their own simple minds.   It doesn't suprise me that you think it makes sense
lol YES YES your logic is always flawless  ::)

when you go take a basic logic class then let me know, youve shown yourself to be an idiot time and time again...post office, hypocrite, class warfare, gay rights...the list goes on and on.

answer this question for me why is the issue of gays having the right to marry a civil rights issue?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2010, 09:55:32 AM »
lol YES YES your logic is always flawless  ::)

when you go take a basic logic class then let me know, youve shown yourself to be an idiot time and time again...post office, hypocrite, class warfare, gay rights...the list goes on and on.

answer this question for me why is the issue of gays having the right to marry a civil rights issue?

Not just "gays," but "GLBT" and "gender identity."  The White House wants special protections for all of those categories.  From the White House website:

Support Full Civil Unions and Federal Rights for LGBT Couples: President Obama supports full civil unions that give same-sex couples legal rights and privileges equal to those of married couples. Obama also believes we need to repeal the Defense of Marriage Act and enact legislation that would ensure that the 1,100+ federal legal rights and benefits currently provided on the basis of marital status are extended to same-sex couples in civil unions and other legally-recognized unions. These rights and benefits include the right to assist a loved one in times of emergency, the right to equal health insurance and other employment benefits, and property rights.

Oppose a Constitutional Ban on Same-Sex Marriage: President Obama voted against the Federal Marriage Amendment in 2006 which would have defined marriage as between a man and a woman and prevented judicial extension of marriage-like rights to same-sex or other unmarried couples.

Repeal Don't Ask-Don't Tell: President Obama agrees with former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff John Shalikashvili and other military experts that we need to repeal the "don't ask, don't tell" policy. The key test for military service should be patriotism, a sense of duty, and a willingness to serve. Discrimination should be prohibited. The U.S. government has spent millions of dollars replacing troops kicked out of the military because of their sexual orientation. Additionally, more than 300 language experts have been fired under this policy, including more than 50 who are fluent in Arabic. The President will work with military leaders to repeal the current policy and ensure it helps accomplish our national defense goals. 

http://www.whitehouse.gov/agenda/civil_rights/

Because of this, we'll probably be dealing with "triad" marriages in the future. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2010, 10:03:28 AM »
Not just "gays," but "GLBT" and "gender identity."  The White House wants special protections for all of those categories.  From the White House website:

Support Full Civil Unions and Federal Rights for LGBT Couples: President Obama supports full civil unions that give same-sex couples legal rights and privileges equal to those of married couples. Obama also believes we need to repeal the Defense of Marriage Act and enact legislation that would ensure that the 1,100+ federal legal rights and benefits currently provided on the basis of marital status are extended to same-sex couples in civil unions and other legally-recognized unions. These rights and benefits include the right to assist a loved one in times of emergency, the right to equal health insurance and other employment benefits, and property rights.

Oppose a Constitutional Ban on Same-Sex Marriage: President Obama voted against the Federal Marriage Amendment in 2006 which would have defined marriage as between a man and a woman and prevented judicial extension of marriage-like rights to same-sex or other unmarried couples.

Repeal Don't Ask-Don't Tell: President Obama agrees with former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff John Shalikashvili and other military experts that we need to repeal the "don't ask, don't tell" policy. The key test for military service should be patriotism, a sense of duty, and a willingness to serve. Discrimination should be prohibited. The U.S. government has spent millions of dollars replacing troops kicked out of the military because of their sexual orientation. Additionally, more than 300 language experts have been fired under this policy, including more than 50 who are fluent in Arabic. The President will work with military leaders to repeal the current policy and ensure it helps accomplish our national defense goals.  

http://www.whitehouse.gov/agenda/civil_rights/

Because of this, we'll probably be dealing with "triad" marriages in the future.

by "deal with it" do you mean get on a message board and bitch about it because other than that I don't see how it would have any effect on your life

there is no comparison with polygamy and homosexuality.   No one claims to have been born a polygamist or "known" they were one from a young age, etc..  Nothing listed in your quote from the White House website lists polygamy or triads so why do you bring it up?  There is no comparison other than to confuse the issue and to try to conflate the two.  

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2010, 10:08:45 AM »

I'm not......pain is exactly what it is

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: December 25, 2010, 10:09:33 AM »
Wait till gays get the joy of divorce court, family court, cps, and custody fights.  Ha ha ha. 

They will beg to overturn it and rue the day they wanted to get married.

Too bad most states are no fault now.  Watching a grounds trial in a gay divorce would be worth the price of admission.   

gotta agree with this