Author Topic: saw this on the news this morning...  (Read 6735 times)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
saw this on the news this morning...
« on: January 14, 2011, 12:03:45 PM »
thought it was cute  ;D

w8m8

Re: saw this on the news this morning...
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2011, 12:05:25 PM »
LOLOLOL  :D

too cute !!!

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
  • thank you Ron & Getbig, I've had so much fun
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2011, 01:47:41 PM »
please don't post the hockey results...  I'll not watch them either.

Great jokes from mid-January BBC London Radio News.  I haven't heard a really good one since Christmas or New Year.

I don't tell jokes well.  But there's this parliamentarian who wears robes and strides through our Houses of Parliament.  Some bloke in a plain suit and tie (an MP) who gets in his way.  Short guy in cape says:  move aside.  Bald guy in hardworking cheap suit and tie that's been there since 8am: Oh okay.

Headlines:  He then said "You're not fucking Royalty"

they're printing out T-shirts and keyrings and teatowels as we type:  this joke is going to run and run...

you can use it any time any place to any one, it's even child friendly !
xL

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2011, 02:14:47 PM »

"You're not fucking Royalty"

they're printing out T-shirts and keyrings and teatowels as we type:  this joke is going to run and run...

you can use it any time any place to any one, it's even child friendly !
xL

You've got to be kidding
:

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2011, 02:19:58 PM »
That'll do too.

Great one liners work.

Pity I'm such a paragraph and a half person...  I need all the details and then the gossip then I'll check the www newswebshite !

Back in 2 mo's
x

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2011, 02:26:00 PM »
You've got to be kidding

At present, half the Eastern facing of the major continents of our planet are flooding.  on the right hand pacific side of northern Australia it's a landmass the size of France and Germany (you wouldn't understand that in the US) 

In Brazil they're just all dead.

Like up Pakistan a month or two or 3 or 6 months ago?
hundreds and hundred thousands and so very many unaccounted for?

It happened in New Orleans drastically recently, like last yearor two?  Massive.

Can't wait to get up tomorrow and see who is hit next.  Thunder and lightening and hail here tonight, then heavy rain.
xL

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2011, 02:45:35 PM »
News:  spent longer than normal on GetBig today.  Checked my inbox and there and six pages. 

I stopped reading pms after the first 3.  sorry xL

I haven't looked at the news since 10am today and it's now almost 11pm.  I'm fearful to be honest.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2011, 12:34:18 PM »
News:  spent longer than normal on GetBig today.  Checked my inbox and there and six pages. 

I stopped reading pms after the first 3.  sorry xL

I haven't looked at the news since 10am today and it's now almost 11pm.  I'm fearful to be honest.

6 pages of Getbig PMs?  No way.
:

newmom

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2011, 12:36:36 PM »
thought it was cute  ;D

hahhhaha that's funny

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2011, 03:17:24 PM »
I feel kind of sorry for the kid.  Seems like you would rush to pic her up or something.

R

newmom

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2011, 03:46:12 PM »
I feel kind of sorry for the kid.  Seems like you would rush to pic her up or something.

I use to be the same way Butter, rush. But she looks around the age of starting to walk so ya get used to them falling down and go BOOM

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2011, 09:58:02 AM »
I use to be the same way Butter, rush. But she looks around the age of starting to walk so ya get used to them falling down and go BOOM

Yeah but they let her lie there while they laugh at her. :-\ 

I dunno..I don't have children...maybe they picked her up right after they stopped filming.
R

newmom

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2011, 11:11:17 AM »
Yeah but they let her lie there while they laugh at her. :-\ 

I dunno..I don't have children...maybe they picked her up right after they stopped filming.

I understand where you are coming from and it doesn't matter if ya have kids or not. But to me it's cute and funny.

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2011, 04:13:03 PM »
We in England do not do cute, we're just rude and horrid, astute and ironic, sometimes ultra sarcastic.

and guess what else?  We love the weather and tomorrow it's going to rain

Huge news this morning

xL

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2011, 04:22:01 PM »
We in England do not do cute

QTFT

English peeps are ugly as hell for the most part. 

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2011, 04:28:34 PM »
too true.  crappy teeth.  but I can say that without being attacked by the pc news.

Surely you can't really say what you have, though, coming from where you do: without sounding fat and low-iq and without a passport, having never travelled

madly xL
is that shit you've said above what they teach you in geography or humanities or politics 101 in the u s of a?

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2011, 04:29:57 PM »
You lot probably think you won WWII, that's the warped news you get

madly
xL

marcie999

• Getbig III
  • History is written by buggers who weren't there
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2011, 04:45:42 PM »
thought it was cute  ;D

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
That was so sweet it gave me a cavity.

That kidlet needed picking up and instant cuddling. Instead the heartless bastids kept filming for all of 10 or so seconds.

Such inhuman cruelty.

>:(

Ps I haven't been able to eat a grapefruit since I went looking for solutions to the conundrum of Kai Green and the grapefruit references. There isn't enough brain bleach in the world................... ........................ ........................ .........
Ripleeeyyyyyyyyyyy

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2011, 04:51:03 PM »
too true.  crappy teeth.  but I can say that without being attacked by the pc news.

Surely you can't really say what you have, though, coming from where you do: without sounding fat and low-iq and without a passport, having never travelled

madly xL
is that shit you've said above what they teach you in geography or humanities or politics 101 in the u s of a?

ugly isn't taught in geography, or humanitites or politics.  I have a passport and have traveled.  I am fat though.  But unlike most if brits I have all my teeth and they are straight.  see  ;D 

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2011, 04:55:30 PM »
oh dear marcie, I'm surprised that you think either grapefruit or babies are news... oh well

I'm just attempting to post on a sad old defunct girly board upon which topics to dwell upon are few and far between.

And this is the news this morning thread

madly xL

ps:  whomever above, ^^^ I said six pages of correspondence which I ought peruse, and 5 pms

I don't lie I just exaggerate and you misread me

I'm useless at real people, I accept them sight unseen and trustingly.  It's the names of the gimmicks and the sad 3D wanking blokes on our www I tend to remember.

Let's have a thread about the important news this am?  Come on you dyed blondes !

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2011, 04:56:21 PM »
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
That was so sweet it gave me a cavity.

That kidlet needed picking up and instant cuddling. Instead the heartless bastids kept filming for all of 10 or so seconds.

Such inhuman cruelty.

>:(

Ps I haven't been able to eat a grapefruit since I went looking for solutions to the conundrum of Kai Green and the grapefruit references. There isn't enough brain bleach in the world................... ........................ ........................ .........
hahahaha hearing about it is bad enough let alone seeing it, I think i would have to gouge out my own eyes if i saw that...

ohhhhh come on now kids are going to hurt themselves alot and sooner or later you need to start cutting the cord. she wasnt crying or hurt in any way as a matter of fact she didnt even seem phased by it other than the taste.

I used to drink grapefruit juice when trying to cut weight, supposedly it would act as a diaretic...but that was enough to ruin it for me...gross stuff

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2011, 04:58:18 PM »
You lot probably think you won WWII, that's the warped news you get

madly
xL

we only helped win WWII.  especially since europe was getting beaten like a naughty 2 year old until we slapped some nazi's around.  You had churchill, cool dude and all.  Kinda fat, we had the atomic bomb.  you all made radar and beat the luftwaffe, we blew sh*t up and sht the worlds mouth up.  Us pond crossers made it possible for your country to continue eating crumpets and drinking tea, to let you have all the Indian take-aways you want and to get overrun by the muslims.  But yeah ok, I guess we will just get stuck with defending the world.  team USA, F*CK YEAH...lol.  To keeps this girle thread related, we also created the vagina monologues, which you tried to claim.  

marcie999

• Getbig III
  • History is written by buggers who weren't there
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2011, 05:06:03 PM »
oh dear marcie, I'm surprised that you think either grapefruit or babies are news... oh well

I'm just attempting to post on a sad old defunct girly board upon which topics to dwell upon are few and far between.

And this is the news this morning thread

madly xL

ps:  whomever above, ^^^ I said six pages of correspondence which I ought peruse, and 5 pms

I don't lie I just exaggerate and you misread me

I'm useless at real people, I accept them sight unseen and trustingly.  It's the names of the gimmicks and the sad real wanking blokes on our www I tend to remember.

Let's have a thread about the important news this am?  Come on you dyed blondes !

The news here is full of the floods and now the funerals have started as they continue to search for bodies. My friends in Queensland are ok but it's not over for them by a long shot. That water is poisonous, and they've spotted bull sharks swimming down flooded main streets. I mean could this shite get any more tragic? Yesterday they posted a picture of a woman being swept along by torrential floods and asking if anyone recognized her and if she survived. Today we found out someone grabbed her and pulled her to safety further down and she made it. We have had days and days of this.

Now my state of Victoria is flooding and friends at Kerang have to evacuate because the levy is failing.

I am maxed out on news.

I'll take the kid let with the grapefruit, thanks.

:)

Ripleeeyyyyyyyyyyy

newmom

« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2011, 05:07:23 PM »
be safe down there Marcie and to your family and friends

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2011, 05:07:31 PM »
oops sorry, yes like we're really truly grateful (does that tie in with this all over the place vituperative thread on our fluffy nice silly daft smiley thread...

In those days it was a massive event and I was just being facetious, here and now.

My granddad was in the navy on an aircraft carrier to the far east and he never ever talked about it, so I reckon I'm allowed to re-hash history.  If youz think you won that war, go with it, 'tis fine.  Whatever, it was won.  Everyone needed to pitch in...

As for that theatre we adored:  are you sure?  again I'm surprised.  Everyone everywhere now appears to claim authorship and proprietorship of that one.  Guess we'll never know who invented it or who won.

xL