Author Topic: Question for the cooks  (Read 4240 times)

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
  • thank you Ron & Getbig, I've had so much fun
Re: Question for the cooks
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2011, 01:18:24 PM »
nope, where I come from they have cows,

Do you have massive factories where you are paying people and creating jobs putting chemicals into the food chain and taking good protein and proper fat out?  

Do you really pay good money to buy and eat 2pc crap?  Do you queue up in your supermarket and feel proud of your purchases?

x
Linda

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2011, 01:20:55 PM »
What I said about migs?  

Look:  He's funny, he's okay, he seems normal, always been appropriate and nice.  i just didn't appreciate Ms Princess egging him on and making him slaver all over her and our sweet loverly girlie place, next time please go to the xyz or just get a room.

You really don't get me do you ButtBeen?  You still think I'm a gimmick.  Once you dreampt about me doing crochet or knitting, surely I'm okay?  There's no need to take offense at me.  I'm not really that rude, I actually attempt to be rather polite most times?  Look, I'm just real.  I didn't realise that wanker is a banned word.  I do it lots.

We sad brainy fit getting older women in Central London GB borderline on irony sarcasm and profundity.
x
Linda

glad you showed up though, hiya stella, we love you, go do whatever you want to that recipe

Just as many of us don't "get" your humor/sarcasm, I don't think you "get ours.  sheesh  take a deep breath.  We all love Migs around here (and we've learned to "tune out" his avatar)  ;D
:

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2011, 01:22:56 PM »
most if not maybe 66pc of the men on GB have new bouncy tits or plush bum avatars, I'm used to that

As long as you wash your hands, I'm fine

x
Linda

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2011, 01:27:33 PM »
many of us don't "get" your humor/sarcasm, ;D

so may I not introduce you to realistic profound in-your-face (when you've just kicked me up the backside) humour?  It's subtle, it's nice, it's okay, honest.  Provided you don't rub me the wrong way I'm okay too.

American humour is pretty much Joey in Friends, we get it already, saw it coming.

didya get the addendum i left saying double the real cream, honest, it'll taste fantastic  
You're worth it, I promise.
tomorrow you'll cycle or walk

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2011, 01:34:21 PM »

so may I not introduce you to realistic profound in-your-face (when you've just kicked me up the backside) humour?  It's subtle, it's nice, it's okay, honest.  Provided you don't rub me the wrong way I'm okay too.

American humour is pretty much Joey in Friends, we get it already, saw it coming.

didya get the addendum i left saying double the real cream, honest, it'll taste fantastic  
You're worth it, I promise.
tomorrow you'll cycle or walk

The Brits have always been a bit more "in your face".  It's far from subtle. It doesn't translate well to the keyboard either.     Never really cared for Monty Python.
:

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2011, 01:41:01 PM »
before your time perchance?  it was a bit slapstick and hugely daft.  To many it might now register as Laurel and Hardyish, it's that old.

I enjoyed as a child being put to bed watching my father watch that show, he thought it was ground breaking, kids go to bed now !  He'd never seen anything like it before and he sat there and really properly laughed, which I adored.  

I don't get it either, I rarely laugh full on...  

There are one or two quoteable episodes though:  1969 and they're talking about something else and the bloke with the dirty mind says:  so what's it like then?

kisses and big fat hugs, girly smiles and etc
madly
xL

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2011, 01:43:33 PM »
before your time perchance?  it was a bit slapstick and hugely daft.  

I enjoyed as a child being put to bed watching my father watch that show, he thought it was ground breaking, kids go to bed now !  He'd never seen anything like it before and he sat there and really properly laughed, which I adored.  

I don't get it either, I rarely laugh full on...  

There are one or two quoteable episodes though:  1969 and they're talking about something else and the bloke with the dirty mind says:  so what's it like then?

kisses and big fat hugs, girly smiles and etc
madly
xL

The only one I found funny is the Spam one.  Hilarious  ;D
:

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2011, 02:12:58 PM »
What I said about migs?  

Look:  He's funny, he's okay, he seems normal, always been appropriate and nice.  i just didn't appreciate Ms Princess egging him on and making him slaver all over her and our sweet loverly girlie place, next time please go to the xyz or just get a room.

You really don't get me do you ButtBeen?  You still think I'm a gimmick.  Once you dreampt about me doing crochet or knitting, surely I'm okay?  There's no need to take offense at me.  I'm not really that rude, I actually attempt to be rather polite most times?  Look, I'm just real.  I didn't realise that wanker is a banned word.  I do it lots.

We sad brainy fit getting older women in Central London GB borderline on irony sarcasm and profundity.
x
Linda

glad you showed up though, hiya stella, we love you, go do whatever you want to that recipe

We love you too Linda, but maybe you are right...I think a lot of the time you come off as rude when maybe you are just playing.  But the prob. is when people perceive you as being rude, they can become rude back and then it just escalates.  And that's fine for the majority of the boards here but not this one. 

I think part of the deal is that when a person is around here a lot, it's easier to read their sarcasm and humor and people become "friends" and then can give each other a hard time w/o anyone misinterpreting good-natured ribbing.  Maybe it's hard for some of us to figure you out because our interaction is more sporadic...I don't know!

R

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2011, 03:28:55 PM »

take a deep breath. D

nor I Stella, but I frequently realise that I'm more often than not defending myself on GetBig and sounding like a saddo.  And this is on our lovely fluffy pink Girly Board...

I have a new answer to take a deep breath?  take ten.  

Then a yoga teacher told me to breathe out !

what's for lunch?  I'm hungry

I used to love your funny food threads and your what is it's...

x
Linda

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2011, 04:33:24 PM »
nope, where I come from they have cows,

Do you have massive factories where you are paying people and creating jobs putting chemicals into the food chain and taking good protein and proper fat out?  

Do you really pay good money to buy and eat 2pc crap?  Do you queue up in your supermarket and feel proud of your purchases?

x
Linda

The entire world does this.  Do you think that thee kabobs sold over there aren't full of crap.  Cheap doner kebabs are actually healthy.  It's a bunch of leftover meat and crap left over after the slaughter at the avetoir.  Or super greasy, super cheap indian take-aways.  Look we have some crappy food but so do the brits.  You mean to tell me that if you go into Tesco or morrisons you find any processed crappy urgers or patties.  Come on now

marcie999

• Getbig III
  • History is written by buggers who weren't there
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2011, 10:54:43 PM »

Tescos was a revelation. The place was HUGE. It had everything for the gourmet ranging to the scary, what on earth is this? I have never seen stuffed pigs feet in cardboard plastic packaging in the normal aisles. 

You could get lost in there. Harrods was fun too.

Really enjoyed London. Bits of it looked like Melbourne's CBD.

;D

Ripleeeyyyyyyyyyyy

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2011, 05:15:32 PM »
there are some strange foods out there lol

marcie999

• Getbig III
  • History is written by buggers who weren't there
« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2011, 11:12:52 PM »
there are some strange foods out there lol

You have no idea. I walked into an African take away shop in London coloured like KFC, and read the menu while my friend giggled outside. Stuffed beef feet and various items boasting gizzards.
I bailed. At least it was in english, here in Melbourne there are heaps of shops with no english at all on the shop front.

And there was a caravan selling seafood in polystyrene cups in the business sector. Mussels, welks, jellied eel etc etc
Their clients were 50% dudes in suits buying in bulk, and japanese students.

Everything was really expensive there though.

8)

Ripleeeyyyyyyyyyyy

newmom

« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2011, 04:11:56 AM »
You have no idea. I walked into an African take away shop in London coloured like KFC, and read the menu while my friend giggled outside. Stuffed beef feet and various items boasting gizzards.
I bailed. At least it was in english, here in Melbourne there are heaps of shops with no english at all on the shop front.

sounds absolutely gross

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2011, 07:40:50 PM »
i go to ethnic markets often and find just palin nasty crap out there.  some is good but hard to take the plunge on some stuff