Author Topic: Breakout Star of 2011  (Read 4476 times)

littleguns

• Getbig V
Breakout Star of 2011
« on: January 29, 2011, 12:21:23 PM »
So who will really be the breakout star this year?

Who should we watch come up Del Rio or who exactly?

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
Re: Breakout Star of 2011
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2011, 06:03:57 PM »
On what level?  Brought up to the main roster, or to win their first title?

I don't really follow the FCW stuff, but Steamboat's kid seems to be getting good reviews. 

This year I'd expect Barrett to win a title, maybe Ziggler.  As long as Sheamus/McIntyre/Swagger don't get another run I'm happy.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 01:54:26 AM »
i think ziggler will do well this year, he's getting really good unexpectedly.

also the company obviously has big plans for del rio but its up to him to carry them out.

other then them two i dont really see anyone with breakout potential on the current roster ( which is sad )

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2011, 04:41:37 AM »
So who will really be the breakout star this year?

Who should we watch come up Del Rio or who exactly?
Apparantly its Alberto Del Rio as they made him win the rumble to go on to main event at WM. Alberto is a good heel with a good wrestling background. I just hope WWE isn't rushing him.

ckanyon99

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2011, 06:02:43 PM »
Breakout Star of 2011 will be Tyler Black

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2011, 04:38:40 AM »
Personally I think Wade Barrett deserves way more credit than what he gets.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2011, 05:11:12 PM »
Personally I think Wade Barrett deserves way more credit than what he gets.
I agree. The guy has everything that you need to be successful. He can talk, has the look, and can work a good match. He was incredible when Cena had to join Nexus, he did the almost impossible and made the audience feel sympathy for Cena. I like Del Rio too. He does little heel things really well. His walk, facial expressions etc..I think he is the best heel on Smackdown. I don't know how much hotter Morrison has to get before he is a consistent main event guy. He gets some of the loudest reactions on Raw and had an awesome title match with Miz. It seems they teased making him a major player, but never pulled the trigger.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2011, 06:54:45 PM »
Timmy also thinks they can do so much more with $ Jr..

Yes, definitely.  He seems to be just cruising along at the moment, not really going anywhere.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2011, 07:20:56 PM »
Timmy also thinks they can do so much more with $ Jr..
He is the most bland wrestler that I have seen in a long time. He is so generic looking. I hope they do something with him because Cody was the same way before his "Dashing" gimmick, and now he is one of the best things on Smackdown.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2011, 07:24:23 PM »
Apparantly its Alberto Del Rio as they made him win the rumble to go on to main event at WM. Alberto is a good heel with a good wrestling background. I just hope WWE isn't rushing him.

They need to rush him. This reminds me of 2004, when Smackdown seems to have NOTHING, heel-wise, until the emergence of JBL. After having him turn on Faarooq, that gave him the initial buzz he needed. And he took off from there. Nobody expected him to be champion, but he carried Smackdown and, in my view, stole 2004 breakout star role from Chris Benoit.

joseywaleshhh

• Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2011, 06:36:05 PM »
He is the most bland wrestler that I have seen in a long time. He is so generic looking. I hope they do something with him because Cody was the same way before his "Dashing" gimmick, and now he is one of the best things on Smackdown.

Couldn't agree more. Cody had the whole Legacy thing but didn't really have an identity. I think Cody is the best worker in the company right now bar none. With the new gimmick he is unstopable.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2011, 09:36:18 AM »
i have been slowly watching raw more so the last yr not the full show but some of the better matches ,and i'd have to say wade barrett is a great all around performer and revamping a small and agile c.m punk and turning him and bulking him up ,overall look has really shook things up with the nexxus angle.i never understood his rise and getting big matches and airtime but they must like him.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2011, 05:14:33 PM »
Morrison was invisible in the 12-man tag last night on Smackdown.....disappoint ed.  Those are the kinda matches that he needs to shine in when in direct comparison to all the other top guys.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2011, 08:32:02 PM »
Morrison was invisible in the 12-man tag last night on Smackdown.....disappoint ed.  Those are the kinda matches that he needs to shine in when in direct comparison to all the other top guys.

He's already shined against Sheamus and the Miz. I think he might win the EC match tomorrow night and face Miz at WrestleMania.

joseywaleshhh

• Getbig II
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2011, 12:10:39 PM »
[He's already shined against Sheamus and the Miz. I think he might win the EC match tomorrow night and face Miz at WrestleMania/quote]

I agree Morrison has already broken out. This will be the year of Del Rio and Rhodes.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2011, 01:22:49 PM »
I'll have to take your guys word for it, because based off of what I saw on SD, he could have been any number of nameless guys in WWE and nobody would have noticed.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2011, 06:20:17 AM »
He's already shined against Sheamus and the Miz. I think he might win the EC match tomorrow night and face Miz at WrestleMania.

Nyet !!!!  Cena.....big surprise......  ::)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2011, 04:12:26 PM »
Nyet !!!!  Cena.....big surprise......  ::)

Until Rock came back, I initially picked Cena to win the Chamber. Then I figured they set up a Rock-Cena match at 'Mania, leaving the only two faces left to meet Miz for the title: Orton and Morrison. Orton vs. Miz has been done to death. Plus, Miz and Morrison are former partners and tag champs; so, there is history to build some beef.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2011, 04:55:20 PM »
Until Rock came back, I initially picked Cena to win the Chamber. Then I figured they set up a Rock-Cena match at 'Mania, leaving the only two faces left to meet Miz for the title: Orton and Morrison. Orton vs. Miz has been done to death. Plus, Miz and Morrison are former partners and tag champs; so, there is history to build some beef.

Oh, I like your booking better......I'm disappointed that it will be Cena vs Miz...Morrison vs Miz could have built some heat up, but I suppose i understand that vkm wants Cena to headline WM.