Author Topic: Mel Gibson is in a really bad way nowadays - on a suicide mission  (Read 2899 times)

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
  • thank you Ron & Getbig, I've had so much fun
Mel Gibson’s ‘death by cop’ suicide bid

February 3 2011 at 09:07am

AP
Mel Gibson
Related Stories
Gibson likely to be hit with assault charges
Gibson wants full custody of daughter
No seaside getaway for Mel
Mel Gibson was on a suicide mission after his wife ended their 26 year marriage.

According to the Daily Mail, the Braveheart star attempted to goad a police officer into shooting him by hurling anti-Semitic slurs after he was stopped for drink driving.

That infamous incident four years ago threatened to draw the curtains on Gibson's once glittering Hollywood career.

Now a close friend has revealed Gibson wasn’t anti-Jewish at all, just desperate to die when his marriage fizzled out..

The death by cop suicide bid is popular in the US where people deliberately provoke police offices into using their weapons.

Gibson (55) was clearly distressed at the break-up of his marriage when he returned to his Los Angeles home from filming and discovered his wife and seven children had moved out.

He was stopped for drunk driving soon after that, and launched into his rant against the cop who stopped him, saying “Jews are responsible for all the wars in the world”.

In the Oscars edition of Vanity Fair magazine, a friend of the Lethal Weapon star said that Gibson wanted the officer to draw his weapon and shoot him.

“He felt that he had just absolutely failed as a human being.

“Mel was trying to invite death by cop.

“I don't think this was being anti-Semitic. I think he was trying to rile that guy into pulling out a gun and shooting him.”

Gibson had allegedly said goodbye to everyone at the restaurant he had dined at prior to the arrest.

“I believe what was going on that night was a farewell,” revealed the friend.

Gibson was later pulled over on the Pacific Coast Highway near Malibu by officer James Mee, who is Jewish.

According to the arrest report, Gibson asked Mee if he was Jewish, then responded: “F****** Jews... the Jews are responsible for all the wars in the world”.

Later on, while getting booked at the police station, Gibson called a female officer “sugartits”.

Gibson had been boozing heavily while filming Apocalypto in Mexico. His drinking is thought to be the main reason behind the break-up of his marriage.

The star was contrite in the aftermath of his anti-Jewish rant, apologising in a series of TV interviews where he described his behaviour as “deplorable”. He was sentenced to three years probation and entered a rehab programme.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
Re: Mel Gibson is in a really bad way nowadays - on a suicide mission
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2011, 10:38:01 AM »
I knew he didn't mean it :)
R

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2011, 10:55:20 AM »
lolol BB, thanks !

I knew he didn't mean it when I met him in the 80s, he was having it on...

I've only just seen this news here in the UK today and it's 4 years old ! 

Doubt his "Hollywood Career" will matter much to him, he's worth multi-mills, but I'm sure the finish of a 26-year marriage with 7 kids is devastating.

Very funny guy.

Current pic of him though is saddening.  Will we all have been through that much and look that old and wisened at 55?

madly
xxx
Linda

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2011, 10:59:53 AM »
He looks good to me.  I think the cigarette smoking took it's toll though.
R

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2011, 11:03:52 AM »
Must not be the sharpest knife in the drawer.  The usual means of suicide by cop is to pull a gun on a cop not start theorizing about what ails the world.

Clowney out.

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2011, 11:05:08 AM »
lololol

like a fag or 50 every day over many years will wreck your life? ;olololllooo : ; )))) waaaaaaa

I reckon it was Hollywood, the many millions of $'s and a 26 year marriage and 7 kids what did it.  Heavy drinking too...  Everything really.  Enormous talent and brilliantly funny.

xxx
Linda

I'm sure we could find a current pic of him looking lovely, but that's the one on today's news and I felt sad and sorry for him, lovely guy, but.

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2011, 11:05:53 AM »
Must not be the sharpest knife in the drawer.  The usual means of suicide by cop is to pull a gun on a cop not start theorizing about what ails the world.

Clowney out.

One french fry short of a MacDonalds Happy Meal, a slice of bread missing from a picnic.

Hello?  He's Australian ?

put another 20 shrimps on the barbie Sheila...
madly
xxx
Linda

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2011, 07:58:42 PM »
I call bs on the suicide by cop thing

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2011, 10:07:53 AM »

precisely, which is my point.  You'd have to have a gun aimed at someone before a cop would shoot you, no?  

I don't know.

Because they don't have a guns free-for-all in Australia, nor here in the UK, it's unheard of.  Guns are blackmarket here, cops don't carry guns.  They're illegal.

As they say, 'Only in America'

xL

it was a very funny but sick sad joke Mel pulled, not a gun.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2011, 10:39:12 AM »

precisely, which is my point.  You'd have to have a gun aimed at someone before a cop would shoot you, no?  

No.
R

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2011, 10:47:12 AM »
so I don't get this death by cop thingy.  

I repeat:  You'd have to have a gun pointed at someone before a cop would legally be able to shoot you, no?

I mean, a young male Colombian mate of mine here in London for the last 5 years, leaving chaos behind and all his family, commented today on the riots in Egypt and said they'd all be gunned down in his country.  That I understand.  

But the US is more civilised and has gun laws and cops who think first before shooting, surely?

xxxL

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2011, 11:03:39 AM »

I repeat:  You'd have to have a gun pointed at someone before a cop would legally be able to shoot you, no?

No.  There are many diff. scenarios in which cops can use deadly force legally.

Here I found this ....maybe bench can tell us if it is accurate:

Deadly force

West's Encyclopedia of American Law: Deadly Force
AdsA 9mm is False Protectionwww.CloseComba tTraining.com
Discover What Survivalist Masters & The Army Don't Want You To Know

Home > Library > Law & Legal Issues > Law EncyclopediaThis entry contains information applicable to United States law only.

An amount of force that is likely to cause either serious bodily injury or death to another person.

Police officers may use deadly force in specific circumstances when they are trying to enforce the law. Private citizens may use deadly force in certain circumstances in self-defense. The rules governing the use of deadly force for police officers are different from those for citizens.

During the twelfth century, the common law allowed the police to use deadly force if they needed it to capture a felony suspect, regardless of the circumstances. At that time, felonies were not as common as they are now and were usually punishable by death. Also, law officers had a more difficult time capturing suspects because they did not have the technology and weaponry that are present in today's world. In modern times, the courts have restricted the use of deadly force to certain, dangerous situations.

In police jargon, deadly force is also referred to as shoot and kill. The Supreme Court has ruled that, depending on the circumstances, if an offender resists arrest, police officers may use as much force as is reasonably required to overcome the resistance. Whether the force is reasonable is determined by the judgment of a reasonable officer at the scene, rather than by hindsight. Because police officers can find themselves in dangerous or rapidly changing situations where split second decisions are necessary, the judgment of someone at the scene is vital when looking back at the actions of a police officer.

The Supreme Court has defined the "objective reasonableness" standard as a balance between the rights of the person being arrested and the government interests that allow the use of force. The Fourth Amendment protects U.S. citizens from unreasonable searches and seizures, the category into which an arrest falls. The Supreme Court has said that a search and seizure is reasonable if it is based on probable cause and if it does not unreasonably intrude on the rights and privacy of the individual. This standard does not question a police officer's intent or motivation for using deadly force during an arrest; it only looks at the situation as it has happened.

For deadly force to be constitutional when an arrest is taking place, it must be the reasonable choice under all the circumstances at the time. Therefore, deadly force should be looked at as an option that is used when it is believed that no other action will succeed. The Model Penal Code, although not adopted in all states, restricts police action regarding deadly force. According to the code, officers should not use deadly force unless the action will not endanger innocent bystanders, the suspect used deadly force in committing the crime, or the officers believe a delay in arrest may result in injury or death to other people.

Circumstances that are taken into consideration are the severity of the offense, how much of a threat the suspect poses, and the suspect's attempts to resist or flee the police officer. When arresting someone for a misdemeanor, the police have the right to shoot the alleged offender only in self-defense. If an officer shoots a suspect accused of a misdemeanor for a reason other than self-defense, the officer can be held liable for criminal charges and damages for injuries to the suspect. This standard was demonstrated in the Iowa case of Klinkel v. Saddler, 211 Iowa 368, 233 N.W. 538 (1930), where a sheriff faced a wrongful death lawsuit because he had killed a misdemeanor suspect during an arrest. The sheriff said he had used deadly force to defend himself, and the court ruled in his favor.

When police officers are arresting someone for a felony, the courts have given them a little more leeway. The police may use all the force that is necessary to overcome resistance, even if that means killing the person they are trying to arrest. However, if it is proved that an officer used more force than was necessary, the officer can be held criminally and civilly liable. In Tennessee v. Garner, 471 U.S. 1, 105 S. Ct. 1694, 85 L. Ed. 2d 1 (1985), the Supreme Court ruled that it is a violation of the Fourth Amendment for police officers to use deadly force to stop fleeing felony suspects who are nonviolent and unarmed. The decision, with an opinion written by Justice Byron R. White, said, in part, "We conclude that such force may not be used unless it is necessary to prevent the escape and the officer has probable cause to believe that the suspect poses a significant threat of death or serious physical injury to the officer or others."

When deadly force is used by a private citizen, the reasonableness rule does not apply. The citizen must be able to prove that a felony occurred or was being attempted, and that the felony threatened death or bodily harm. Mere suspicion of a felony is considered an insufficient ground for a private citizen to use deadly force.

This was demonstrated in the Michigan case of People v. Couch, 436 Mich. 414, 461 N.W.2d 683 (1990), where the defendant shot and killed a suspected felon who was fleeing the scene of the crime. The Michigan supreme court ruled that Archie L. Couch did not have the right to use deadly force against the suspected felon because the suspect did not pose a threat of injury or death to Couch.

R

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2011, 11:16:40 AM »
deadly force is also referred to as shoot and kill.

ouch, I'll be more careful in future.

thanks ButterBean

xxx
Linda

Don't understand 12th century reference (paragraph 3), surely that was 4 or 5 centuries pre Cowboys and Indians in America?

Is Bench a cop then?  oops, I'd thought he was a rude wanker, an exmilitary failure, oh dear! sorry, maybe he's knowledgeable,

if you say so Butterbean !

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2011, 11:47:35 AM »

Is Bench a cop then?  oops, I'd thought he was a rude wanker, an exmilitary failure, oh dear! sorry, maybe he's knowledgeable,

Yes, he's in LE (law enforcement) and yes he can be/usually is ;) rude.
:

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2011, 11:56:45 AM »
I think Me's got a serious problem and he's a ticking time bomb. He'd better get some good help soon.

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2011, 12:13:42 PM »
Me's got a serious problem

lolol

xxxLinda

as I keep repeating over and over any chance I get, I met him in a disco in Toronto when he was shooting a movie there and I was 15 or 16 and still a virgin?  He wanted to buy everyone drinks and stay up all night and I said but let's just dance?  Instead we stayed up till 5am and he bought all the drinks for everyone in the place...  
That was how long ago?  And he was happily married at the time, just on location away from his family and doing his movie star act.

It can't be easy to be a multi-millionaire drop-dead gorgeous talented madly funny Hollywood Star for 30 years.

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2011, 11:30:02 PM »
Interesting.  :-\

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2011, 11:28:05 AM »
Yes, he's in LE (law enforcement) and yes he can be/usually is ;) rude.

I know he doesn't mean it  :)
R

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
:

Butterbean

• Getbig V
R