Author Topic: Hi  (Read 4243 times)

Patricia

• Time Out
  • Getbig I
Hi
« on: February 08, 2011, 08:24:42 PM »
Im new on this board. I have been involved in fitness for about 12 years. I thought I might stick around this board because it looks pretty tough for a girl on the other boards

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Re: Hi
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2011, 09:18:23 AM »
Hi patricia, welcome to our little crazy corner of the interweb...

the crowd can be a tad rough on the ladies especially on the G&O but if you stand youre ground and show that you can give as good as you get they will come to respect you in their own weird way  ;D

little advice: dont put out personal information that youre not comfortable everyone knowing and looking up b/c there are alot of ppl with master google skills lol

in what form are you involved in the fitness industry?

glad youre here

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2011, 09:52:54 AM »
Welcome Patricia!    ;D

Patricia

• Time Out
  • Getbig I
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2011, 10:14:24 AM »
I guess I shouldnt say Im so much involved. I simply like to stay in shape and eat properly. I suppose I would love to do a figure competition at some point but getting up on stage would be quite hard for me.

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
  • thank you Ron & Getbig, I've had so much fun
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2011, 10:27:16 AM »
Hi Patricia

we get so few real women who dare post here (I'm glad you perused the other boards beforehand, to get a "feel" of it all...  

Last time about a month ago, I went out on a limb and welcomed another rare female poster here, she turned out to be a male gimmick and made us all look stupid.  There are perhaps approx 5 or 10 women posters?

You should be safe on our Girly Board, but watch out if you go any place else (anyways, there are too many other confusing boards, so just pick a few you like

and please, if you're really a Girl, come back here to our funny Girly Board, we need you

madly
xxx
Linda
in London England

here's a quote from the top bit of the Girly Board, the bit you must read prior to posting here:

"they don't post here because of the abuse they have taken or seen women receive on this site.

Hopefully we can make this a spot where they can feel more comfortable, and then they may be able to eventually contribute to and enjoy the rest of the forums here.  There really is quite a bit of good information on this site as well as a lot of clever humor,

and it could be enriched by more women posting here

ps: half of them still think I'm a bloke gimmick...

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2011, 11:49:26 AM »
and please, if you're really a Girl, come back here to our funny Girly Board, we need you

madly
xxx
Linda
in London England

How rude!  That's no way to welcome a new girl to the board!   >:(

Patricia

• Time Out
  • Getbig I
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2011, 11:52:23 AM »
one thing I was wondering about is when I read the other boards, which can prove interesting, people talk about a time out board.  I cannot see anything called that, and was wondering where it is.

and it is ok if someone is wondering if I am really a girl or not, lol.
From what I have read on this site it seems a lot of people are not who they appear to be

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2011, 11:58:10 AM »

Last time about a month ago, I went out on a limb and welcomed another rare female poster here, she turned out to be a male gimmick and made us all look stupid.  

Who are you talking about Linda?

R

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2011, 12:00:20 PM »
one thing I was wondering about is when I read the other boards, which can prove interesting, people talk about a time out board.  I cannot see anything called that, and was wondering where it is.

and it is ok if someone is wondering if I am really a girl or not, lol.
From what I have read on this site it seems a lot of people are not who they appear to be

Hi Patricia and welcome!

You can only see the Time Out Board if you have an account in Time Out.  Otherwise, it doesn't show up on the Forums Page.

R

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2011, 12:05:44 PM »
Who are you talking about Linda?

This topic has been moved to General Topics.

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=362350.0

after which I lost interest and she never again appeared on our Girly Board...

But Patricia, this thread is about you and welcome darlin'.  Forgive us if we go off on a tangent or begin talking about what's for dinner !

madly
xxx
Linda

do ignore the fact that there's a timeout board, you'll never ever need to know about that, it's a place where Ron sends those who are banned due to horrid behaviour.  They all chat rudely and I supposed in bad language in there and can't come out and seem to think it's a badge of honour, it's total madness....  when they get let out they brag about it.  Sounds like anti-social behaviour to me, people unable to cope in modern society and that perhaps they weren't loved as children or something...

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2011, 12:10:33 PM »
This topic has been moved to General Topics.

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=362350.0

after which I lost interest and she never again appeared on our Girly Board...

There's no thread there.  If you're talking about SammiGirl, she was really a female but now she is gone.
R

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2011, 12:12:20 PM »
oh dear

the "woman" who showed up approx mid-January (her name began with an S?  I've forgotten already and guess what:

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.

xxx
Linda

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2011, 12:14:33 PM »
There's no thread there.  If you're talking about SammiGirl, she was really a female but now she is gone.

yes that one

MOVED: Hi... I'm New Here   Butterbean    0    64   January 14, 2011, 11:20:25 AM
by Butterbean

so why has she gone ?

xxxLinda
sorry Patricia, this is the Girly Board and we're having a rant about only having like 5 women here...

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2011, 12:18:12 PM »

so why has she gone ?

Just some personal reasons.

Yes, back to Patricia!

I guess I shouldnt say Im so much involved. I simply like to stay in shape and eat properly. I suppose I would love to do a figure competition at some point but getting up on stage would be quite hard for me.

I did one.   I was pretty surprised I could get onstage as well but it was actually a pretty fun experience.

R

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2011, 12:23:48 PM »
Hi Patricia and welcome!

You can only see the Time Out Board if you have an account in Time Out.

You what?

Can I (that is if I were a complete and utter weirdo) open an "account" in TimeOut?

I'd assumed it was a place somewhat akin to hell where you were put by Ron (so you then opened another gimmick account and again started causing havoc?

xxxLinda

think I told you this already, I once checked on another wwwforum, I landed there by mistake whilst checking facts to do with teaching.  On this teaching website, they were bashing each other even worse than you do on Getbig, so I felt sane after that...

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2011, 12:30:36 PM »

You what?

Can I (that is if I were a complete and utter weirdo) open an "account" in TimeOut?

No, you can't open one there.  Ron puts you in there. 

I'd assumed it was a place somewhat akin to hell where you were put by Ron (so you then opened another gimmick account and again started causing havoc

lol Yes this is more accurate.
R

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2011, 12:33:28 PM »
How rude!  That's no way to welcome a new girl to the board!   >:(

perhaps you don't feel or understand our caring and our mannerisms

xxx
Linda

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2011, 12:34:51 PM »

perhaps you don't feel or understand our mannerisms

xxx
Linda

Relax, Linda!  I kid I kid!    :)

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2011, 01:12:09 PM »
Relax, Linda!  I kid I kid!    :)

lovely, thanks, so now be nice to Patricia, this is her thread !

xxx

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2011, 03:05:24 PM »
Im new on this board. I have been involved in fitness for about 12 years. I thought I might stick around this board because it looks pretty tough for a girl on the other boards

Why did you wait over a year to post something after signing up?  Just curious...
:

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2011, 03:24:14 PM »

Why did you wait over a year to post something after signing up?  Just curious...

Perhaps she did lots of research here and read everything and understood everyone first?  
Maybe she's clever?

There are far more watchers than posters, surely we know that?  Most are scared off by the in-your-faceness and daren't post, just lurk and read...

Why not, as the Goddess Princess Moderator of our pink fluffy lovely no bashing no unprovoked attacks Girly Board, instead just welcome Patricia?

Please don't bluntly immediately question her motives when she's only just begun...
What kind of welcome is that?

with love
xxx
Linda

It's a new year and a new moon and according to both Western and Eastern horrorscopes, exactly and precisely the right time to be making new moves and new relationships...

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2011, 04:51:53 PM »
Howdy and welcome

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2011, 07:48:09 PM »
Perhaps she did lots of research here and read everything and understood everyone first?  
Maybe she's clever?

There are far more watchers than posters, surely we know that?  Most are scared off by the in-your-faceness and daren't post, just lurk and read...

Why not, as the Goddess Princess Moderator of our pink fluffy lovely no bashing no unprovoked attacks Girly Board, instead just welcome Patricia?

Please don't bluntly immediately question her motives when she's only just begun...
What kind of welcome is that?

I'm not a warm and fuzzy kind of gal  ;)
:

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2011, 08:09:01 PM »
Did any of you bother to notice she is in Time Out now?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2011, 08:12:22 PM »
weird