Author Topic: Medical Records/Files  (Read 4427 times)

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
  • thank you Ron & Getbig, I've had so much fun
Medical Records/Files
« on: February 15, 2011, 02:32:04 PM »
Has anyone else ever had reason to request a copy of their Medical Records?

I did, once, about ten years ago.
on one visit, a locum (visiting doctor, mine was on vacation) wrote in her file:  'ranting and raving'.

Later, a couple of years on, my Doctor GP wrote: 'verbose'.

madly
xxxL

nowadays people just go to their Doctors with lists, along with self diagnostics printed from the www.

Have you got (or do they have?) proper medical records?  Have you had a current mammogram?  

When you die does your dentist really have your teeth on file?

I've signed a donor card

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Re: Medical Records/Files
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 03:18:18 PM »
Has anyone else ever had reason to request a copy of their Medical Records?

I did, once, about ten years ago.
on one visit, a locum (visiting doctor, mine was on vacation) wrote in her file:  'ranting and raving'.

Later, a couple of years on, my Doctor GP wrote: 'verbose'.

madly
xxxL

nowadays people just go to their Doctors with lists, along with self diagnostics printed from the www.

Have you got (or do they have?) proper medical records?  Have you had a current mammogram?  

When you die does your dentist really have your teeth on file?

I've signed a donor card
No offense but i definitely can see the bold part  :-X

sounds like the seifeld episode where elaine cant get in to see a docter  :D

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2011, 03:27:55 PM »
i have to request and turn in my medical records every 2 years...

i request other peoples medical records all the time for work..

bench

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2011, 03:37:33 PM »
sounds like the seifeld episode

We don't get Seinfeld here, although I have a neighbour who illegally downloads it all, has every episode, knows every line from the www.  But I've never seen it, I just hear others chatting about it.  

I'm not surprised he's already thought of this topic, he's way more a hypocondriac than me.

madly
xxxLinda

ps: edit/add on:  I therefore don't click anything in case it's got a virus, (I've only just recovered from the swine flu).  But thanks for your vid below, thanks. Maybe next winter I'll buy a dvd machine and get the box set.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2011, 03:39:52 PM »

hahaha
that's the first thing I thought of  ;D

:

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2011, 03:41:40 PM »
i have to request and turn in my medical records every 2 years...

i request other peoples medical records all the time for work..

bench

This makes perfect sense to me.  Perhaps they ought be posted on the interweb.  That is, if you've nothing to hide.  

And that is obviously, unless you're seriously into civil liberties and "human rights", in which case you'd abhor that.

I saw someplace that if you're about to be in a plane crash (chances are 15 million to 1, but anyways, they ask you to roll your head forward and brace against the seat in front of you.  For years we thought this was for safety, but the story I read recently said that they just want your teeth intact for indentification purposes.  Is this true?

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2011, 04:50:47 PM »

This makes perfect sense to me.  Perhaps they ought be posted on the interweb.  That is, if you've nothing to hide.  

And that is obviously, unless you're seriously into civil liberties and "human rights", in which case you'd abhor that.

I saw someplace that if you're about to be in a plane crash (chances are 15 million to 1, but anyways, they ask you to roll your head forward and brace against the seat in front of you.  For years we thought this was for safety, but the story I read recently said that they just want your teeth intact for indentification purposes.  Is this true?
when i get others medical records it is via subpoena...so its not like i just go and get them..

bench

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2011, 05:01:25 PM »
when i get others medical records it is via subpoena...so its not like i just go and get them..

bench

Aren't they protected under HIPAA? Or are you getting the records because the person has claimed disability or workers Comp?
:

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2011, 05:31:20 PM »

Aren't they protected under HIPAA? Or are you getting the records because the person has claimed disability or workers Comp?

nah, if someone has a felony DWI, or if someone kills someone while committing a DWI i usually pull the hospital, and medical records of the actor to strengthen the case...i don't even touch a case unless it turns into a felony..i also pull records of actors in sexual assaults, murders etc etc...anything where a case can be won by fluid transfer, or doctors notes..its actually surprisingly easy to get those records...most states don't even require a judges approval...i always thought they should make it harder for us to get those records..

i don't give a shit about workers comp, or disability...that's civil as far as i am concerned..

bench

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2011, 05:51:08 PM »
waaaaaaaa didn't expect to go all CSI, I've never ever watched it, I'm not into cop or medical shows.
but I have a mate who tells me there's a facebook page for don't call me at 9pm it's a CSI repeat...

This is totally fascinating.  I didn't realise it was so complicated and fraught with laws and etc.  And you're talking real life, not TV...

What I really wanted to know was about dental records, do they really start an autopsy with your teeth?

xxxxx
Linda

If I have no next of kin, can I put my doctor as my "call in emergency" on my passport (I've had 3 ten year passports and have never filled that bit in, so I'm starting to wonder).  

& if I donate all my organs, will I get a decent cremation?

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2011, 04:07:12 PM »

This is totally fascinating.  I didn't realise it was so complicated and fraught with laws and etc.  And you're talking real life, not TV...

What I really wanted to know was about dental records, do they really start an autopsy with your teeth?

xxxxx
Linda

If I have no next of kin, can I put my doctor as my "call in emergency" on my passport (I've had 3 ten year passports and have never filled that bit in, so I'm starting to wonder).  

& if I donate all my organs, will I get a decent cremation?

Maybe this guy can tell you.

http://www.pathguy.com/autopsy.htm
:

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2011, 05:59:47 PM »
i have got to watch a few autopsy's...but i always walked in when they were opening the rib cage....that crushing cracking noise the rib cage makes when split is a hard noise to forget...

bench

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2011, 07:59:59 AM »
so what then is the Hippocratic Oath, the thing Doctors get to take after schooling for 7 years, when they get their PHD?  They swear to confidentiality don't they?

As I said, I've signed a donor card and carry it around.  My dentist loves me and I'm probably 1 in 100 million with perfect teeth.  & I regularly donate blood, it's good for you.  There are lots of files about me.

I was just curious to know whether there's a central office where they keep our medical files and dental records.  It's probably way different where you are anyways, here in the UK it's most likely all hand written and on microfiche and will be put on a disc then available to download on the internet any day now.

I've never had crabs or even hair nits, nor worms or anything remotely disgusting.  My medical records are all shiny and smiley and clean and nice.  There might be dementia on my Mum's side though, don't know...

madly
xxx
L

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2011, 08:04:48 AM »
i have got to watch a few autopsy's...but i always walked in when they were opening the rib cage....that crushing cracking noise the rib cage makes when split is a hard noise to forget...

bench

I once with a gang of mates, at 2am in NYC, walked past two cops opening a garbage bag which contained human remains.  There was a huge crowd and rather than go through that, we crossed the street, as you do...  I will never forget that smell.  It was summer.  

Guess most dead bods are frozen and don't rot till they've taken all the good bits out.  By the time I die (I reckon I have another 50 years in me and will die peacefully in my sleep, a very old gray haired lady with thousands of books and a beautiful garden), there'll be nothing left of my liver or corneas...

xL

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2011, 01:21:39 PM »
so what then is the Hippocratic Oath, the thing Doctors get to take after schooling for 7 years, when they get their PHD?  They swear to confidentiality don't they?

As I said, I've signed a donor card and carry it around.  My dentist loves me and I'm probably 1 in 100 million with perfect teeth.  & I regularly donate blood, it's good for you.  There are lots of files about me.

I was just curious to know whether there's a central office where they keep our medical files and dental records.  It's probably way different where you are anyways, here in the UK it's most likely all hand written and on microfiche and will be put on a disc then available to download on the internet any day now.

I've never had crabs or even hair nits, nor worms or anything remotely disgusting.  My medical records are all shiny and smiley and clean and nice.  There might be dementia on my Mum's side though, don't know...

madly
xxx
L
there is no such thing anymore in the USA...when you go to the doctor here you sit and wait for a hour because all the pharma reps go to pitch there products first...the oath is only used in countries that dont make doctors millionairs on insurance money...

and they have the option of not giving up the info..but they will go to jail..

bench

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2011, 05:46:23 PM »
No offense but i definitely can see the bold part  :-X

I was thinking about the Seinfeld episode as well. 
~

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2011, 06:26:16 PM »

There are lots of files about me.

do they all start with "X" and involve two odd ball agents and little green men?

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2011, 07:08:48 AM »
Dr. Resnick : I got your ointment . Where's your nurse ?

Uncle Leo : She left .

Dr. Resnick : No need to get angry . Calm down .

Uncle Leo : I am calm .

Dr. Resnick : Leo I don't care for your demeanor .

Uncle Leo : Demeanor ?

Dr. Resnick : Now your just being difficult .

Uncle Leo : What are you writing ?

R