Author Topic: Obama Corruption & Scandal Thread - Solyndra and other crimes.  (Read 144010 times)

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
Re: Obama Corruption & Scandal Thread - F & F, Solyndra, and other crimes.
« Reply #1450 on: December 10, 2011, 09:15:10 AM »
just like the nation laughed when a few far-left libbies cried for bush's impeachment...

it'll never happen.  Watergate, iran contra... you name it.  presidents do what they feel needs to be done.  they don't go to jail for it.  the office of the presidency is too important.

They're still trying to get him arrested. Zambia told Amnesty International to "go hang" and "build your own country if you want to arrest him" last week as they missed the fact that Bush is given a hero's welcome in Africa due to the support he gave them. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #1451 on: December 10, 2011, 09:41:04 AM »
They're still trying to get him arrested. Zambia told Amnesty International to "go hang" and "build your own country if you want to arrest him" last week as they missed the fact that Bush is given a hero's welcome in Africa due to the support he gave them. 

LOL @ "Amnety international"

hahahha oh brother, what a bunch of little girls.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #1452 on: December 10, 2011, 12:23:03 PM »
This week in front of the House Judiciary Committee, Attorney General Eric Holder doubled down, then tripled down, on Fast and Furious. He dug in, fought back, and pretended nothing is systemically wrong inside his Justice Department. Chairman Darrell Issa (R-CA) even accused him of potential contempt of Congress, a crime (2 U.S.C. 192).

Holder’s testimony was not merely shameful, it was a maturing manifestation of a lawlessness which I first warned about in July of 2010 when I testified about the New Black Panther dismissal. Small acts of lawlessness have given way to larger ones.

In the radio and television interviews I do, I am often asked, “What can be done about Holder and the DOJ?” Until now, I have responded that becoming educated about the DOJ and urging your congressman to action is best. But circumstances have changed, and you as an American can do something about it.

Holder’s brazen display before the House Judiciary Committee signals that the Justice Department is in deep trouble. It is time for Eric Holder to go. It is time for his Chief of Staff Gary Grindler to go. It is time for Assistant Attorney General Lanny Breuer to go.

The list shouldn’t end there. The swirl of corruption also taints Assistant Attorney General Ron Weich, who managed the production of the false letter to Congress about Fast and Furious. It also taints Tracy Schmaler, the truth-challenged head of the Office of Public Affairs who disassembles the truth to the public on so many issues I have lost count.

The Constitution provides two avenues for just this circumstance. One is found in the First Amendment and the other in Article II, Section 4.

This coming Tuesday, Eric Holder is coming to Austin, Texas, to make a major announcement about voting rights. Most likely, it will involve opposing election integrity efforts like voter identification requirements in Texas and South Carolina. It will have a direct impact on the 2012 election. His appearance at the LBJ Library will be met by True the Vote, which will hold a counter-rally to which all of America is invited. It is at 4 p.m. on the grounds of the LBJ Library. Here is the flyer with more information. The First Amendment gives citizens the right to petition their government for redress of grievances. Use it.

But the Constitution provides more tools to undo the rot at DOJ. Article II, Section 4 allows executive branch officers to be impeached. This includes Holder, Breuer, and Weich.

Shakespeare could have been describing the Justice Department when he wrote in Macbeth that “there are liars and swearers enough to beat the honest men and hang up them.” Honest Americans haven’t seen this degree of dishonest defense of corruption in almost four decades. Except now, the corruption involves hundreds of murders and thousands of guns, not a burglary.

The rot at Holder’s DOJ is not confined to a few political officials. It extends to entire units. During the Bush years, the DOJ Inspector General castigated Office of Public Affairs employee John Nowacki for misleading the media that politics played no role in hiring in the DOJ. But now, Tracy Schmaler of the Holder Office of Public Affairs misleads the media daily in ways that would shame Ron Ziegler. What reprimand from the Inspector General awaits Schmaler?

The lying occurs from root to branch in this Justice Department. Shortly we’ll learn more about repeated lies under oath in the Inspector General’s investigation of the Civil Rights Division. Will there be grand jury referrals? Or more whitewash?

We also learned that former Deputy Assistant Attorney General Julie Fernandes didn’t tell the whole truth when it came to what she said about enforcing all portions of the Motor Voter law. She told the internal ethics investigators that she would approve a lawsuit to clean up the voter rolls of dead voters if it had merit, after she told dozens of employees at Justice in my presence she wouldn’t even support investigations of the same.

And this week Attorney General Eric Holder laughably told the House Judiciary Committee the tallest of tales that politics or ideology plays no part in attorney hiring at DOJ. Lying, we heard from the attorney general, is simply “a state of mind.”

If you are so corrupt, so rotten, that you don’t recognize that hiring 113 left-wing and politically active attorneys for 113 attorney jobs at DOJ, without a single conservative or moderate, is political, then perhaps you really aren’t lying. To make Holder’s fantasy even more fantastic, this week we learn from Matthew Vadum that an ACORN affiliated group was regularly emailing Voting Section Chief Chris Herren about attorneys they wanted Justice to hire to oversee elections in 2012.

Ben Shapiro , in his book Primetime Propaganda (Broadside Books, 2011), describes how writers in Hollywood don’t even recognize their own left=wing bias. To them, they merely portray the world as they see it. To Holder, there is nothing ideological or political about lawyers who worked for ACORN or the Mexican American Legal Defense Fund and fought against voter ID. Isn’t that what everyone reasonable does?

Committees with DOJ oversight power should be past the time for caution. It is time to go on offense against DOJ, and not merely continue probing around the edges. Consider the fact that Rep. Darrell Issa’s motion to have Holder put under oath was denied. Why? What price would have been paid to do so? Did someone advise the chairman there was danger in doing so? Does someone want to keep a friendly relationship with Democrats more than they want to uphold the law?

It is time for the Judiciary Committee to adopt an offensive strategy worthy of Patton’s Third Army. Too much is at stake.

It is also time for Americans to hold elected officials, and their staff, accountable. For example, every time I am on the radio in Dallas, I sing the praises of Congressmen Louie Gohmert and John Culberson. Both have displayed the courage to uphold the Constitution in the face of executive branch lies. They don’t flinch at hearings, and some of the most important admissions by administration officials have been extracted by tough questions by this pair. When I am on the radio in Phoenix, Rep. Trent Franks earns praise. He too recognizes the corrupted rot of the DOJ and acts accordingly.

But the same cannot be said for everyone involved in investigating Eric Holder’s misdeeds, even if they wear the GOP uniform. Some still do not recognize the depths of radicalism in this administration.

They still don’t recognize that the Justice Department has been politicized with messianic zeal. Either they have not read PJ Media’s Every Single One series, or they don’t want to believe it. After all, the Justice Department is above all this, right?

I am reminded of the same story told to me by multiple former Justice Department officials. They recount the story of a senior Bush political appointee at DOJ who refused to believe that personnel is policy. This individual refused to believe that left-wing lawyers at DOJ would reach any different legal conclusions, or adopt arguments significantly different than other lawyers who harbored no partisan instincts. “The law is the law,” the appointee naively thought.

Yet we have seen the results of the rank and file’s unbounded ideological zeal in the last three years. We have seen cases to fight for child transvestites in public schools and naked advocacy for race-based hiring, all of which I discussed in my book Injustice.

Some in Washington care more about the cocktail party circuit or being respected as a “reasonable Republican” by Beltway Democrats than they do about protecting and defending the Constitution. Their focus is on ensuring their own future confirmation prospects by not ruffling any feathers on the Left. Principles be damned. At the first sign of controversy, they capitulate. In the end, of course, what they have done is to enable the radicals that populate certain parts of the Justice Department and inflict a deep scar on our constitutional fabric.

And what if Holder is drummed out of office, what then? Will he be welcomed with open arms back in Big Law? Will he return to Covington and Burling, a firm which has donated millions of dollars of value to defending Islamic terrorists at GITMO? Most likely, yes, because Democrats embrace their warriors.

Republicans, on the other hand, often flee from the fight. When Attorney General Alberto Gonzalez was under attack, he adopted a strategy suggested to him by quisling advisors – retreat and concede. Instead of counterattacking, Gonzalez fled the field, shed his uniform, and allowed his political enemies to destroy him. Instead of being embraced by Big Law upon his departure from DOJ, he wandered the wilderness, then went to Texas Tech working on campus diversity, and now teaches at the Belmont University College of Law.

Gonzalez is a good man who got bad advice to surrender in a political fight, and did so. Attorney General Eric Holder is exactly the opposite. Now is the time, both for members of Congress and citizens in the public square, to hit back hard. See you in Austin.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1453 on: December 11, 2011, 05:05:02 PM »
Free Republic
Browse · Search   Pings · Mail   News/Activism
Topics · Post Article
Skip to comments.

Navy buys biofuel for $16 a gallon
Hot Air ^ | December 11,2011 | J.E. DYER
Posted on December 11, 2011 7:28:39 PM EST by Hojczyk

Teaming up with the Department of Agriculture (which has a cheery Rotary Club ring to it), the Navy has purchased 450,000 gallons of biofuel for about $16 a gallon, or about 4 times the price of its standard marine fuel, JP-5, which has been going for under $4 a gallon.

You won’t be surprised to learn that a member of Obama’s presidential transition team, T. J. Glauthier, is a “strategic advisor” at Solazyme, the California company that is selling a portion of the biofuel to the Navy. Glauthier worked – shock, shock – on the energy-sector portion of the 2009 stimulus bill.

The Navy sale isn’t Solazyme’s first trip to the public trough, of course. The company got a $21.8 million grant from the 2009 stimulus package.

Solazyme’s partner in the biofuel sale is Dynamic Fuels, a Louisiana company owned jointly by Tyson Foods and Tulsa-based Syntroleum. Tyson and Syntroleum are distinguished by having profitable lines of business that do not rely on government grants to unprofitable “green” projects. This does not make their biofuel product price-competitive with fossil fuels, however. (They were induced to develop biofuel manufacturing processes by a combination of subsidies and tax breaks.)

The Dynamic Fuels plant was opened for business in Geismar, LA in 2010, becoming by far the largest biofuels plant in North America – and reportedly, in combination with a plant in Finland, a producer of 94% of the world’s biofuels. This is great boosterism stuff, but the biofuels produced by Dynamic Fuels are still considerably more expensive than the fossil-fuel alternative. Dynamic Fuels has begun supplying aviation biofuel to KLM, the Dutch flag carrier, but of course, the use of more-expensive biofuels by commercial carriers has to be subsidized by governments.

(Excerpt) Read more at hotair.com ...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1454 on: December 11, 2011, 05:08:02 PM »
Rep. Sandy Adams (R, FL): …let me ask you another question, because one of my colleagues asked you about your e-mails and you went straight to your work e-mail. Hardly anybody has that. I’m going to ask you a very direct question. You have a personal e-mail account. Did you at any time – at any time – e-mail on your personal account with Lanny Breuer – or Lanny Breuer and Gary Grindler in regards to Fast and Furious ever?

Attorney General Eric Holder: Ever?

Adams: Yes…

(CROSSTALK)

Judiciary Chair Lamar Smith (R, TX): The gentlewoman is recognized for an additional minute so the attorney general can respond to her questions.

Holder: I don’t know. I can tell you that I didn’t know…

(CROSSTALK)

Adams: Would you check and get back with us? If you need some help, I’m sure that your agency personnel can get into those computers.

Holder: Well, with regard to provision of e-mails, I thought I’ve made it clear that after February the 4th it is not our intention to provide e-mail information consistent with the way in which the Justice Department has always conducted itself. The exception that I made, that I made in the hope that the Justice Department would be seen as transparent was to go against that tradition and to make available deliberative material around the February 4th letter.

(CROSSTALK)

Adams: So, again, as in when you were here before and I asked you about a totally different issue, you were saying that you refused to provide that information, is that correct?

Holder: I didn’t hear the – you were talking the same time I was talking. And, please, she can have more time. I don’t – I don’t want to cut off your time. I’m – I just didn’t hear the question.

Adams: Previously, in another committee, when you were here earlier I asked you another question, you said you would not answer that question. Now you’re saying that you won’t provide those e-mails because that’s not consistent with whatever policy was previous. I’m asking you, if there is clean hands here, will you provide those e-mails to this committee…

Holder: As I said…

Adams: … yes or no?

Holder: … I’m going to act in a way that’s consistent with all attorneys general before me.

Adams: That’s not my question, Attorney General.

(CROSSTALK)

Adams: I – you know, with due respect, that was not my question. I asked you, with clean hands, would you supply those e-mails, whether it’s work-related or personal e-mails, as they apply to anything that had to do with and to this committee, yes or no?

Holder: And as I said – as I said, with regard to the Justice Department as a whole…

Adams: I yield back.

Holder: And I am…

(CROSSTALK)

Adams: Mr. Chair, I’m not going to get the answer…

(CROSSTALK)

Holder: … with regard to the Justice Department as a whole – and I’m certainly a member of the Justice Department – we will not provide memos after February the 4th. And that is a way in which we are…

Adams: With regards to e-mails, I didn’t ask memos, I said e- mails.

Holder: E-mails, memos – consistent with the way in which the Department of Justice has always conducted itself in its interactions…

(CROSSTALK)

Adams: What about prior to February 4th?

Smith: The gentlewoman’s time has – the answer was no, is that correct, Mr. Attorney General?

Holder: No, but consistent with the way in which the Justice Department has always conducted itself. This is not something that I am making up in terms of new policy.

Smith: I know, but you used the word “not.” I took “not” to be no.

Holder: Oh, I said no.

Smith: OK.

Holder: I’m saying no. But, again, consistent with DOJ policy.

…Now, I am not a lawyer; but that sounds to me a whole lot like the Attorney General tacitly admitting that there are personal emails originating from him and sent to Lanny Breuer (Assistant AG; admitted knowing of Operation F&F in April 2010) & Gary Grindler (Holder’s Chief of Staff: possibly briefed on Operation F&F in March 2010) that discuss Operation Fast & Furious. Now, I understand that AG Holder is trying to use the old Jesuit tactic of “I am not a priest and if I were I would lie to you about it:” specifically, that he doesn’t remember any emails and if there were he wouldn’t give them to the Judiciary committee anyway. Whether or not that tactic will be permitted to work depends on whether the the Judiciary committee is willing to accept that a Justice Department that went out and got cops killed is really qualified to do its own internal vetting.

Judging by the response from Judiciary so far, they very well may not accept that. Isn’t it nice to have more people in public office who get upset about the same things that get you upset? I think that it’s nice…

Moe Lane (crosspost)

TOPICS: Government; Click to Add Topic
KEYWORDS: atf; banglist; dea; dhs; doj; ericholder; fastandfurious; fastfurious; fbi; gunrunner; gunwalker; holder; obama; Click to Add Keyword
[ Report Abuse | Bookmark ]
Rep. Sandy Adams (R, FL): …let me ask you another question, because one of my colleagues asked you about your e-mails and you went straight to your work e-mail. Hardly anybody has that. I’m going to ask you a very direct question. You have a personal e-mail account. Did you at any time – at any time – e-mail on your personal account with Lanny Breuer – or Lanny Breuer and Gary Grindler in regards to Fast and Furious ever?
Attorney General Eric Holder: Ever?

...Holder: I don’t know. I can tell you that I didn’t know…

...Holder: No, but...

That is a YES!!! Nobody answers a question like that with such evasion unless the true answer is YES!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1456 on: December 13, 2011, 04:02:54 AM »

Frank Miniter, Contributor
I expose the excesses of the bureaucracy.
+ Follow on Forbes

OP/ED | 12/07/2011 @ 5:31PM |7,982 views
Inside President Obama's War On The Fast & Furious Whistleblowers
+ Comment now

Image by Getty Images Europe via @daylife

Legal Dictionary: Whistleblower: an employee who brings wrongdoing by an employer or other employees to the attention of a government or law-enforcement agency and who is commonly vested by statute with rights and remedies for retaliation

Slang Dictionary: Whistleblower: n. 
someone who calls a halt to something; an informer; an enforcer; a stool (pigeon): I don’t know who the whistle-blower was, but a good time was really ruined.

"Fast And Furious" Just Might Be President Obama's Watergate
Capital Flows
Contributor
The synonyms thesaurus.com gives for “whistleblower” are even less charitable than the word’s definition: canary, nark, rat, snake, snitch, squealer, stoolie, tattletale, weasel…. But none of these labels seem harsh enough to federal bureaucrats. They’ve left whistleblowers in legal limbo; they’ve barred whistleblowers from offices and forced others to transfer to backwater districts; they’ve mined records to publically disparage at least one recently (more on him in a moment); they’ve deemed a few to be “traitors” and had them shunned by colleagues … and this is just the beginning of what they’ve been doing to the few courageous squealers who exposed Operation Fast and Furious, the once-secret operation that, by design mind you, let thousands of guns “walk” from U.S. gun stores to the arsenals of Mexican drug cartels.

To find what is being done to protect these and other government whistleblowers, I sat down with Senator Charles Grassley (R-IA). He’s the Obama administration’s gadfly on this topic. Grassley was one of the original authors of the Whistleblower Protection Act of 1989. Thanks to this legislation, if authorities in a federal agency take (or threaten to take) retaliatory action against a whistleblower, then they’ve broken the law. Nevertheless, the bureaucrats who often make life difficult for whistleblowers have had little to fear from this law.

The quasi-judicial agency that adjudicates government whistleblower complaints (called the Merit Systems Protection Board) uses appointed judges to hear whistleblower cases. These judges have more often than not sided with the government; in fact, since 2000, this board has ruled in favor of whistleblowers only about 5 percent of the time (just three times in 56 cases) according to a Government Accountability Project study.

Senator Grassley has criticized this board for allowing the federal bureaucracy to have its revenge on those who uncover corruption. More recently, he’s been working to update the Whistleblower Protection Act and he’s written multiple letters to Attorney General Eric Holder telling him not to punish whistleblowers.

As Senator Grassley is clearly passionate about this topic, I said, “Just speak your mind Senator Grassley. Don’t let me stop you.”

He smiled warmly and leaned over his Capitol Hill desk as he said, “Whistleblowing ruins people professionally. I’d say there’s more retaliation out there than you and I know about. Because of this, though people want to do right, by golly they can’t because they know they’re going to get hurt. This is why I’ve always advised presidents, going back to President Ronald Reagan, that we need a Rose Garden ceremony celebrating a whistleblower now and then. That way they’d know there is some support for standing up against corruption.”

Senator Grassley then pointed out that the first whistleblower to come forward about Fast and Furious (ATF Agent John Dodson) had recently been attacked by the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ). According to Senator Grassley, “Someone in the Justice Department leaked a document to the press along with talking points in an attempt to smear [Dodson.]” The letter insinuated that Dodson went rogue and started a gun-walking operation on his own. This was easy to prove false; however, if Republicans hadn’t taken control of the U.S. House of Representatives in the 2010 election (meaning an opposing political party wouldn’t have had the power to do an investigation) then Dodson would have been left dangling in these political winds, as records giving the complete picture would likely not have been available.

Senator Grassley pointed out that the documents DOJ released to smear Dodson were actually supposed to be so sensitive that the DOJ wouldn’t provide them to congressional investigators. But then, to harm a whistleblower, someone from the DOJ provided these specifically selected documents to the press. In fact, the name of the criminal suspect in the documents was redacted, but Agent Dodson’s name was left for all to see. “This looks like a clear and intentional violation of the Privacy Act as well as an attempt at whistleblower retaliation,” said Grassley.

PAGE 2 OF 2

In a subsequent letter to Attorney General Eric Holder, Grassley said, “In a private phone conversation with me, you already told me that someone has been held accountable for this. But your staff refused to provide my staff with any details. Who was held accountable and how?”

No one at DOJ is known to have been held accountable for this attack on Dodson. Meanwhile, the whistleblowers who blew the top off Fast and Furious are paying the price.

Agent John Dodson, after nearly a year of harassment, including being given menial assignments and being barred from areas of the ATF building in Phoenix, is in the process of trying to sell his home in Arizona so he can transfer to South Carolina.
Agent Larry Alt transferred to Florida. He still has unresolved legal claims against the ATF.
Agent Pete Forcelli was demoted to a desk job after he testified before Congress. He has requested an internal investigation to address retaliation targeting him.
Agent James Casa took a transfer to Florida.
Agent Carlos Canino, who was a deputy attache in Mexico City, was moved to Tucson.
Meanwhile the officials who went along with the operation and its subsequent cover up have mostly been rewarded. “These transfers/reassignments have never been described as promotions in any of the documents announcing them,” said an ATF statement after journalists noted that those who didn’t become whistleblowers profited from their silence. The ATF says that because these officials pay didn’t go up they weren’t promoted; however, in many cases their titles and positions have inarguably been enhanced.

Former Acting ATF Chief Ken Melson, after refusing to be a scapegoat for this operation, became an adviser in the Office of Legal Affairs in Washington, D.C.
Acting Deputy Director Billy Hoover is now the special agent in charge of the D.C. office.
Deputy Director for Field Operations William McMahon—he’d received detailed briefings Fast and Furious—is now at the ATF’s Office of Internal Affairs.
Former Special Agent in Charge of Phoenix William Newell—he oversaw Fast and Furious and lied by saying guns hadn’t been allowed to go south of the border—is now at the Office of Management in Washington, D.C.
Phoenix Deputy Chief George Gillette is now in to Washington, D.C., as ATF’s liaison to the U.S. Marshal’s Service.
ATF Group Supervisor David Voth—he managed Fast and Furious out of the Phoenix office—is now in a management position in Washington, D.C.
Agent Hope McCallister—she had management duties on the team that ran Fast and Furious—was given a “Lifesaving Award” after it came to light she’d ordered agents to stop tailing suspects who the ATF had allowed to buy guns.

"Fast And Furious" Just Might Be President Obama's Watergate
Capital Flows
Contributor
In light of all of this, Senator Grassley pivoted and said, “With regards to Operation Fast and Furious, we want the person at the highest level of government who approved Fast and Furious to be fired. We want justice for Brian Terry’s family—they still don’t know what happened that night when Brian was killed. And we want to know that this stupid program will never happen again.”

Then Senator Grassley highlighted a related issue that hasn’t made the headlines. This issue puts the politics behind the cover up of Fast and Furious in perspective. In November internal documents showed that the DOJ was considering changing existing Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) regulations (this is a process that allows citizens to seek and obtain unclassified documents) to allow agencies responding to a FOIA request to answer the person by saying “no records exist,” even if the records do, in fact, exist. This way when someone makes a request for government documents, the agency would be able to fib and thereby work to discourage other such requests. The idea was that agencies could do this whenever someone requested a document that the law allows the government to keep from the public, such one that has a “top-secret” rating.

“They were giving themselves a license to legally lie,” Senator Grassley deadpanned. “This was supposed to be the most transparent administration we’ve ever seen. Well, they’re not.”

After Senator Grassley’s staff made this attempt to give themselves a “license to legally lie” public the DOJ was “so embarrassed they withdrew the proposal right away,” said Senator Grassley.

So whistleblowers who’d been ordered to let guns “walk” in Operation Fast and Furious—and those federal employees who find themselves in other misguided programs or corruption—either can keep their mouths shut or they can come forward and be crushed by the bureaucracy as they attempt to reform the system. This isn’t a decision citizens in a country with the freedom of speech enshrined in the U.S. Bill of Rights should have to contend with.

Just when did the federal bureaucracy get so strong that it lost its fear of the people? Just when did the people become more afraid of the bureaucracy? Given the gauntlet whistleblowers now face, it isn’t surprising that Americans have become cynical about Washington; however, perhaps instead of deciding all politicians are tainted, we should instead realize it’s the growing bureaucratic swamp that needs to be drained.

In fact, saying all of Washington’s politicians are corrupt is too convenient a philosophy; such fashionable cynicism can even be self-fulfilling, as deciding all politicians are crooked doesn’t allow a Senator Grassley, for example, to now and then be a shining example of what a statesman should be.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/frankminiter/2011/12/07/inside-president-obamas-war-on-the-fast-furious-whistleblowers/2

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1457 on: December 13, 2011, 07:56:09 AM »
LightSquared Slams Leak on GPS Tests, Expects to Win(Barry's Cronies Company)
pc world ^ | 12/12/2011 | Stephen Lawson

LightSquared believes a government official selectively leaked results from tests of its proposed mobile broadband network to set public opinion against the company, and it is seeking a federal investigation of the apparent leak.

But executives of the fledgling carrier, which plans to build a national LTE (Long Term Evolution) network in spectrum near GPS frequencies, said they are still confident of getting government approval in time to launch the network next year.

"The tide is on our side completely in terms of getting through this process," LightSquared General Counsel Curtis Lu said on a conference call with reporters on Monday.

The company believes the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) will be able to make a decision in the first quarter of next year and will rule in LightSquared's favor, said Martin Harriman, executive vice president of ecosystem development and satellite business. LightSquared has said it could launch the network within nine months of receiving government approval.

However, the company faces several hurdles on the way to that launch, including one more set of tests in January and a variety of political challenges.

LightSquared's plan for a network of 40,000 LTE base stations, on which it would sell mobile data service wholesale to other carriers, has been plagued by controversy over possible interference with GPS receivers. Last month, the National Coordination Office for Space-Based Positioning, Navigation, and Timing (PNT) oversaw the second set of tests to determine the danger of interference.

(Excerpt) Read more at pcworld.com ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: Obama Corruption & Scandal Thread - Solyndra and other crimes.
« Reply #1458 on: December 14, 2011, 10:06:52 AM »
Grand jury begins probe of Solyndra
washington times ^

Attorneys’ billing shows preparation

A grand jury has begun investigating Solyndra LLC, the failed California solar-panel maker that lost more than a half-billion dollars in federal loans, according to law-firm billing records.

Weeks after Solyndra filed for bankruptcy in September, a judge allowed the company to hire a law firm to represent it in what court records at the time called a “federal criminal investigation.”

Now the firm, K&L Gates, has filed with the U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Delaware a detailed, hour-by-hour account of how attorneys have been spending their time. Most of their efforts have focused on what the firm called the U.S. attorney’s office and Department of Justice investigation of Solyndra.

In an 18-page invoice from the law firm dated Dec. 9, the words “grand jury” appear numerous times: “Prepare response to grand jury subpoena,” one entry reads. Another said, “Review and prepare documents to respond to grand jury subpoena.”

The invoices also point to a meeting on Oct. 14 between K&L Gates attorney Jeffrey L. Bornstein, a former federal prosecutor in San Francisco, and an assistant U.S. attorney identified in the billing records only as “J. Nedrow.”

Jeffrey Nedrow is an assistant U.S. attorney for the Northern District of California, which is the same office overseeing the Solyndra investigation. Mr. Nedrow was a prosecutor in the criminal trial against former San Francisco Giants slugger Barry Bonds.

read on.

(Excerpt) Read more at washingtontimes.com ...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1459 on: December 28, 2011, 06:50:59 AM »
The Year in Obama Scandals -- and Scandal Deniers
Townhall.com ^ | December 28, 2011 | Michelle Malkin

With 2011 drawing to a close, it is time to account. As an early-and-often chronicler of Chicago-on-the-Potomac, I am amazed at the stubborn and clingy persistence of President Barack Obama's snowblowers in the media. See no scandal, hear no scandal, speak no scandal.

Dartmouth College professor Brendan Nyhan asserted in May -- while Operation Fast and Furious subpoenas were flying on Capitol Hill -- that "one of the least remarked upon aspects of the Obama presidency has been the lack of scandals." Conveniently, he defines scandal as a "widespread elite perception of wrongdoing."

So as long as left-wing Ivy League scribes refuse to perceive something to be a scandal -- never mind the actual suffering endured by the family of murdered Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry, whose death came at the hands of a Mexican cartel thug wielding a Fast and Furious gun walked across the southern border under Attorney General Eric Holder's watch -- there is no scandal!

Self-serving much?

Mother Jones' Kevin Drum likewise proclaimed: "Obama's presidency has so far been almost completely free of scandal."

This after the year kicked off in January with the departure of lying eco-radical czar Carol Browner. In backroom negotiations, she infamously bullied auto execs to "put nothing in writing, ever." The previous fall, the White House's own oil spill panel had singled out Browner for misleading the public about the scientific evidence for the administration's Draconian drilling moratorium and "contributing to the perception that the government's findings were more exact than they actually were."

The Interior Department inspector general and federal judges likewise blasted drilling ban book-cooking by Browner and Interior Secretary Ken Salazar, who falsely rewrote the White House drilling ban report to doctor the Obama-appointed panel's own overwhelming scientific objections to the job-killing edict.

In February, federal judge Martin Feldman in Louisiana excoriated the Obama Interior Department for defying his May 2010 order to lift its fraudulent ban on offshore oil and gas drilling in the Gulf. He called out the administration's culture of contempt and "determined disregard" for the law.

This spring saw rising public anger over the preferential Obamacare waiver process (which I first reported on in September 2010). Some 2,000 lucky golden ticket winners were freed from the costly federal mandates -- including a handful of fancy restaurants in Aloha Nancy Pelosi's San Francisco district, the entire state of Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid's Nevada, and scores of local, state and national Big Labor organizations, from the Service Employees International Union and Teamsters on down. Meanwhile, as The Hill newspaper reported last month, other not-so-lucky Republican-led states seeking waivers, such as Indiana and Louisiana, were rejected.

But it wasn't just Republicans objecting to the president's arbitrary Obamacare fiats. In July, congressional Democrats turned on the monstrous federal health bureaucracy known as the Independent Payment Advisory Board. The constitutionally suspect panel -- freed from normal public notice, public comment and public review rules -- would have unprecedented authority over health care spending and an expanding jurisdiction of private health care payment rates.

Obama's health and human services secretary, Kathleen Sebelius, faced separate legal questions over her overseer role in a hair-raising document-shredding case when she served as governor of Kansas. In October, a district judge in the Sunflower State suspended court proceedings in a high-profile criminal case against the abortion racketeers of Planned Parenthood. Bombshell court filings showed that Kansas health officials "shredded documents related to felony charges the abortion giant faces" and failed to disclose it for six years.

That same month, Bloomberg News columnist Jonathan Alter gushed: "There is zero evidence ... of corruption. Where is it?"

Alter's declaration of the "Obama Miracle" came just weeks after the politically driven half-billion-dollar Solyndra stimulus "investment" went bankrupt, prompting an FBI raid and ongoing criminal and congressional probes of the solar company funded by top White House bundler and visitor George Kaiser.

As Solyndra and an avalanche of other ongoing green subsidy scams erupted, so did the LightSquared debacle -- a federal broadband boondoggle involving billionaire hedge fund managers and Obama donors Philip Falcone and George Soros. In September, two high-ranking witnesses -- William Shelton, the four-star general who heads the Air Force Space Command, and National Coordination Office for Space-Based Positioning, Navigation and Timing Director Anthony Russo -- exposed how the White House had pressured them to alter their congressional testimony and play down concerns about LightSquared's interference threat to military communications.

The White House continues to block efforts to gain information about the Federal Communications Commission's approval of a special waiver for the company, even as new government tests this month showed that the company's "signals caused harmful interference to the majority of ... general purpose GPS receivers."

The Obama White House closed out the year with Democratic Sen. Claire McCaskill of Missouri demanding a probe of the smelly $443 million no-bid smallpox antiviral pill contract with Siga Technologies -- controlled by big lefty donor Ron Perelman. Then there was the small matter of massive voter fraud in Indiana, where a Democratic official resigned amid allegations that "dozens, if not hundreds," of signatures were faked to get Obama on the state primary ballot in 2008. And while Americans busied themselves with the holidays, White House and Democratic campaign officials were dumping more than $70,000 in contributions from another deep-pocketed contributor -- scandal-plagued pal and former New Jersey Gov. Jon Corzine, who oversaw the collapse of MF Global.

All this -- and so much more -- yet erstwhile "conservative" journalist Andrew Sullivan of Newsweek/The Daily Beast scoffed, "Where are all the scandals promised by Michelle Malkin?"

There's none so blind as those who will not see.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1460 on: January 12, 2012, 09:44:03 AM »
Bankrupt Solyndra seeking to pay bonuses
The Washington Times ^ | January 11, 2012 | Jim McElhatton

Now seems an unlikely time for handing out bonuses at bankrupt Solyndra LLC, but that’s the plan of company attorneys intending to dole out up to a half-million dollars to persuade key employees to stay put.

Nearly two dozen Solyndra employees could receive bonuses ranging from $10,000 to $50,000 each under a proposal filed by Solyndra’s attorneys in U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Delaware.

The attorneys say the extra money will add motivation at a time when workers at the solar company have little job security and more responsibilities because so many of their colleagues have been fired.

The names of the bonus-eligible employees are not disclosed in the court filings that outline the bonus proposal. None of the employees is among the so-called corporate “insiders” — top officers or members of the board of directors, records show.

The proposed bonus recipients include nine equipment engineers, six general business and finance employees and up to two information technology workers.

The biggest bonus, for $50,000, would go to a Solyndra employee whose job title is listed as a senior director with a base salary of $206,499 per year. Two senior managers stand to receive bonuses of $30,000 and $32,500.

Bankruptcy attorneys said the so-called “key employee incentive plan” aims to keep important personnel from leaving the company.

Solyndra went broke just two years after winning a more than $500,000,000 federal loan-guarantee package, and one year after President Obama toured its California headquarters and hailed its prospects.

Most of Solyndra’s employees were laid off last year. The company employed about 1,100 people last year. Just 84 remain. Of those who managed to avoid the mass firings, many have been scrambling to find jobs.

(Excerpt) Read more at p.washingtontimes.com ...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1461 on: February 28, 2012, 12:43:57 PM »

LightSquared CEO resigns amid revelations of company’s proximity to Obama White House
Published: 1:43 PM 02/28/2012
 By Matthew Boyle - The Daily Caller

LightSquared CEO Sanjiv Ahuja abruptly announced his resignation Tuesday amid revelations of his company’s political proximity — and his own closeness — to the White House and Obama administration officials.

The Daily Caller first reported one week ago on emails and documents that indicate political ties and numerous meetings between LightSquared and Obama administration officials as the was undergoing regulatory review.

Ahuja’s resignation comes after Obama’s FCC suspended conditional approval of a waiver LightSquared needed to complete its high-speed broadband network. Until two weeks ago, the company’s final approval appeared imminent.

Ahuja, who had never donated to Democrats before and has not since, gave the maximum allowable $30,400 contribution to the Democratic National Committee on the same day his lawyers were trying to arrange a meeting for him at the White House with top Obama technology adviser Aneesh Chopra and other officials.

In emails between Ahuja’s lawyers and White House officials Ahuja wanted to meet with, his lawyers pointed out that he would attend an Obama fundraiser on or about the same day he wanted the meeting.

In a statement accompanying the company’s announcement of Ahuja’s resignation, he made no mention of those revelations.

“During my tenure at LightSquared, we all worked tirelessly to create the nation’s first open wireless broadband network and provide consumers with a new wireless broadband experience,” Ahuja said. “That work continues and I wish the company and its fine management team well as they work to achieve this important goal.”

Ads by GoogleAmericans Elect 2012
Who would you nominate in 2012? This election, it's up to you!
www.americanselect.orgLi ghtSquared spokesman Terry Neal did not immediately respond to TheDC’s request for comment on the possible connections between Ahuja’s resignation and revelations published exclusively by TheDC.

According to the release, Ahuja will remain LightSquared’s chairman.

Philip Falcone, the CEO of Harbinger Capital Partners — which created LightSquared from its predecessor, SkyTerra — was appointed to the LightSquared board on Tuesday as well. The Obama administration FCC approved Harbinger’s purchase of SkyTerra after what appeared to be a series of favorable regulatory decisions amid White House visits.

In the press release, Falcone said he remains confident in LightSquared’s future despite these new revelations and the company’s reported challenges related to GPS interference issues.

“LightSquared’s objective, through its wholesale business model, is to provide increased competition and lower prices in the telecommunications industry, and to bring broadband cellular phone service to rural areas that currently don’t have such service and that has not and will not change,” Falcone said. “We are, furthermore, committed to working with the appropriate entities to find a solution to the recent regulatory issues. We, of course, agree that it is critical to ensure that national security, aviation and the GPS communities are protected.”

Follow Matthew on Twitter

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/02/28/lightsquared-ceo-resigns-amid-revelations-of-companys-proximity-to-obama-white-house/#ixzz1ni9tsZMy

WHERE FOR ART THOU OH 99%ERS?   

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1462 on: April 18, 2012, 07:25:10 PM »
Skip to comments.

Obama Doubles Down On More Solyndras
IBD Editorials ^ | April 18, 2012
Posted on April 18, 2012 9:11:14 PM EDT by raptor22

Green Energy: Another day and another set of layoffs at a Department of Energy-backed solar company and an electric-car maker funded with stimulus dollars. Yet the President wants to double down on green energy.

First Solar, a solar energy company that received a $1.46 billion loan guarantee from the Department of Energy, announced Monday it will lay off 2,000 workers worldwide. In December, First Solar laid off 100 employees at a Santa Clara , Calif., plant.

The DOE has committed the loan to a project in Riverside County, Calif., expected to create a whopping 15 permanent jobs and 550 construction jobs.

Contrast this boondoggle with the privately funded Keystone XL pipeline, delayed by President Obama over alleged environmental concerns, which would create 20,000 jobs initially and perhaps 10 times that over the life of the project. It will bring 800,000 barrels of oil daily to U.S. refineries, whether the sun shines or not.

Last Friday, Delaware Online reports, 12 more workers — including engineers and maintenance technicians — were laid off at Fisker Automotive's plant in Wilmington, Del., an old General Motors facility.

Originally Fisker was to build its $107,850 dream car, the electric Fisker Karma, there. The Karma, which Consumer Reports labeled "undrivable" after it had to be towed away after a test drive, is being built by Valmet in Finland. Fisker Automotive is the recipient of a $529 million federal government loan guarantee.

(Excerpt) Read more at news.investors.com ...

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #1463 on: April 19, 2012, 07:12:22 AM »
Lol, I wonder how Obama feels watching his ideology blow up in his face, its gotta be hard, to believe in something so strongly only to see all your beliefs destroy themselves and to have people mock you for being such an idiot....

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1464 on: April 19, 2012, 07:14:17 AM »
Lol, I wonder how Obama feels watching his ideology blow up in his face, its gotta be hard, to believe in something so strongly only to see all your beliefs destroy themselves and to have people mock you for being such an idiot....

The problem is that idealogical communists like obama see nothing wrong with anything going on.   

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1466 on: April 20, 2012, 02:29:41 PM »
Infinite Taxpayer Money Needed for Electric Truck Company's Survival
National Legal & Policy Center ^ | April 20, 2012 | Paul Chesser

Despite a new report out of the United Kingdom that says the future of the business is bleak without government subsidies, a three-year-old unprofitable electric truck company that received $32 million in U.S. taxpayer stimulus plans to raise more money via an initial public offering.

Kansas City-based Smith Electric Vehicles was launched in January 2009, and despite its lack of track record and the inexperience of its leadership, theDepartment of Energy awarded the company$10 million in August 2009, and an additional $22 million in March 2010, for an electric truck demonstration program. The company was little more than a spinoff of a failed U.K. operation with the same name, owned by a troubled parent company called The Tanfield Group. In July 2008 – largely because of Smith-UK’s shortcomings – Tanfield’s stock price “collapsed” (scroll down at link) and was harming other holdings of its founder, Roy Stanley.

Smith-UK’s electric truck venture, part of the “green” energy economy euphoria that swept Europe, once received praise from luminaries such as former Prime Minister Tony Blair, who called Tanfield “UK manufacturing innovation at its best.” But soon afterward media discovered that customers for the electric trucks were sparse, and investors wondered whether the company was “more hype than reality.”

A study commissioned by the U.K. Department of Transport confirms the industry was unworthy of the publicity it received. British consulting firm Element Energy examined the total costs of ownership of low emission vans, in light of the government’s plans (implemented in February) to extend its Plug-In Car Grant program to electric trucks. It found that for electric trucks to make economic sense, government would need to provide grants indefinitely in order to compete with diesel-powered vehicles.

“The report’s authors suggest that cash incentives will need to continue to compensate owners for the higher running costs, as well as non-financial incentives…,” reported England-based Fleet News. John Lewis, CEO of the British Vehicle Renting and Leasing Association, said, “The government has put its money where its mouth is by delivering the Plug-in Van Grant and other tax incentives, but it needs to give operators confidence that these will be more than just short-term measures.”

So unsurprisingly, we have another industry in the clean energy economy that depends on public funding for its survival, rather than the appeal of its products or services. But a study isn’t required to show that’s the case; the Tanfield/Smith Electric-UK experience is proof.

After Tanfield’s stock lost 80 percent of its value in one day, and 97 percent of its value within a year, investors demanded changes in 2008. By January 2009 Smith-U.S. was started, CEO Bryan Hansel planned to raise $15 million, and in August 2009 had its first $10 million commitment from DOE – just eight months after its founding. By the end of the year, however, Smith-U.S. still had no revenues.

In April 2010 Smith-U.S. had raised the $15 million it had sought – on top of another $22 million grant from the Department of Energy – so the company agreed to buy Smith-UK. Tanfield Founder Roy Stanley, and CEO Darren Kell, were added to the board of directors for Smith-U.S. But by late summer the deal had still not been consummated and the British company’s share price again tanked. Liberty, a rival British EV manufacturer, made overtures to Tanfield investors for a buyout, but were rebuffed.

Finally by the end of 2010 the sale was complete, for $15 million in cash, payable in 20 equal installments, plus other financing and ownership considerations. In its annual report Tanfield stated it now owned 32.2 percent of Smith-U.S., while Smith-U.K. was now formally a “discontinued operation.” But Tanfield’s woes may not be over, as the U.K. Accountancy and Actuarial Discipline Board announced a year ago it would investigate the conduct of its accountants in their preparation of the company’s 2007 and 2008 financial statements. The investigation is still ongoing.

It certainly looks like U.S. taxpayers helped bail out troubled British investors in Tanfield. But the government subsidized electric truck scheme, established in England, continues in North America. Smith-U.S. counts Frito-Lay,Coca-Cola, Staples andFedEx among its customers, but only because it is paying those companies to use their vehicles as delivery vans.

Since April 2010 Smith-U.S. has filed seven quarterly reports that are viewable at the Recovery.gov Web site. The company reported that through December 31 it had placed 240 trucks into service under the program, and had received $15 million from Recovery Act funds. Of that, Smith reimbursed its customer companies nearly $13.7 million for taking the ETs off its hands -- an average of just over $57,000 per vehicle. In addition, electric truck owners benefit from an array of other federal and state incentives programs.

With that business model in place, Smith-U.S. now plans an initial public offering, according to a filing earlier this month with the Securities and Exchange Commission. The company has reported net losses of $17.5 million, $30.3 million and $52.5 million in 2009, 2010, and 2011. Besides having to pay for the Tanfield failure, Smith-U.S. needs to continue its program of paying customers to take its electric trucks. It reported to the SEC that it had “sold” 290 trucks in the U.S. and 279 outside the U.S.

Another bad sign for this taxpayer “investment” (and for prospective private investors) is that Smith-U.S. is contracted withfloundering battery supplier A123 Systems, which has had at least two recalls of its batteries due to manufacturing flaws and an additional incident in which one of its batteries caused an explosion at a General Motors test facility, sending at least one person to the hospital. A123, which received $249.1 million in Recovery Act funds to produce its EV batteries, is in deep financial trouble and Smith-U.S. is one of its affected customers.

“We believe it is likely that substantially all of the battery modules we have sourced from A123 contain one or more defective cells,” Smith-U.S. reported to the SEC in its IPO prospectus, under “risk factors.” “We expect that A123 will replace all defective battery modules supplied to us beginning in April 2012 at A123’s cost…. At this time, we are unable to predict whether this issue will affect our production or operating results for the second quarter of 2012.”

And to pay for all this incompetence and for customers to buy its trucks, Smith Electric – confirming the findings of the British study – said in its SEC filing that it needs ongoing taxpayer support.

“We believe that the availability of government subsidies and incentives currently is an important factor considered by our customers when purchasing our vehicles,” the filing said, “and that our growth depends in part on the availability and amounts of these subsidies and incentives.”

Smith-U.S. even has “incentives specialists” as part of its sales team to make sure every government dollar is found to pay for its trucks. Aren’t you glad you’re invested?

Paul Chesser is an associate fellow for the National Legal and Policy Center.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1467 on: April 24, 2012, 01:03:13 PM »
Solyndra” as the Employer, this election cycle:

Presented by the Federal Election Commission

Individual Contributions Arranged By Type, Giver, Then Recipient

Non-Federal Receipts “Exempt From Limits”

BIERMAN, BEN
FREMONT, CA 94539
SOLYNDRA/EXECUTIVE

PRIORITIES USA ACTION
06/30/2011 500.00 11932493299

BIERMAN, BEN MR.
FREMONT, CA 94539
SOLYNDRA, INC

WOMEN VOTE!
09/12/2010 250.00 10931499697

Total Soft Money: 750.00

Contributions to Political Committees

ALTER, KAREN
PALO ALTO, CA 94301
SOLYNDRA/SVP MARKETING

SANDERS, DAVID AURAM
VIA SANDERS FOR OUR REP
10/30/2010 1000.00 11930326342

ALTER, KAREN L
PALO ALTO, CA 94301
SOLYNDRA/BUSINESS

KHAZEI, ALAN
VIA KHAZEI FOR MASSACHUSETTS
06/30/2011 1000.00 11020244664

BAR-NESS, LESLIE
SAN JOSE, CA 95127
SOLYNDRA, INC

CONWAY, JOHN WILLIAM (JACK)
VIA CONWAY FOR SENATE
06/30/2010 250.00 10020494114

BAR-NESS, LESLIE
SAN JOSE, CA 95127
SOLYNDRA/DIRECTOR, GOVERNMENT AFF

BALDERAS, HECTOR
VIA BALDERAS FOR NEW MEXICO
06/30/2011 250.00 11020244193

BIERMAN, BEN
FREMONT, CA 94539
SOLYNDRA

DEMOCRATIC CONGRESSIONAL CAMPAIGN COMMITTEE
06/30/2010 500.00 10931172822

BIERMAN, BEN
FREMONT, CA 94539
SOLYNDRA INC.

07/30/2010 200.00 10931362080

BIERMAN, BEN
FREMONT, CA 94539
SOLYNDRA INC./VP OPERATIONS

10/27/2010 250.00 11990272168
05/31/2011 500.00 11932167211
10/28/2011 200.00 12951335470
01/22/2012 500.00 12970836243

BIERMAN, BEN
FREMONT, CA 94539
SOLYNDRA, INC.

DNC SERVICES CORPORATION/DEMOCRATIC NATIONAL COMMITTEE
11/23/2009 500.00 10990272705
12/02/2009 200.00 10990556223
09/12/2010 250.00 11990012165
09/12/2010 500.00 11990012165

BIERMAN, BEN
FREMONT, CA 94539
SOLYNDRA, INC./VP, OPERATIONS

09/07/2008 500.00 29990032709

BIERMAN, BEN
FREMONT, CA 94539
SOLYNDRA, INC/VP OPERATIONS

OBAMA, BARACK
VIA OBAMA FOR AMERICA
09/07/2008 1000.00 11972514488

BIERMAN, BEN
FREMONT, CA 94539
SOLYNDRA/EXECUTIVE

OBAMA, BARACK
VIA OBAMA FOR AMERICA
06/08/2011 1000.00 12950013688

BIERMAN, BEN
FREMONT, CA 94539
SOLYNDRA/VP ENGINEERING

10/06/2006 200.00 26940550300

DECAUX, VINCENT
SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94107
SOLYNDRA, INC./TECHNOLOGIST

OBAMA, BARACK
VIA OBAMA FOR AMERICA
02/10/2008 500.00 28992068246

GRONET, CHRISTIAN
PORTOLA VALLEY, CA 94028
SOLYNDRA

BOXER, BARBARA
VIA FRIENDS OF BARBARA BOXER
06/29/2010 1000.00 10020802429

HUNTER, ERROL
PACIFICA, CA 94044
SOLYNDRA/ATTORNEY

HONDA, MIKE
VIA MIKE HONDA FOR CONGRESS
08/23/2011 250.00 11971611953

LOURIS, MICHAEL MR
SAN JOSE, CA 95117
SOLYNDRA

SCHIFF, PETER DAVID
VIA SCHIFF FOR SENATE
11/06/2009 2400.00 10020054639

PASETTI, JOE
FREMONT, CA 94538
SOLYNDRA

FEINSTEIN, DIANNE
VIA FEINSTEIN FOR SENATE
06/28/2010 1000.00 10020511973

PASETTI, JOSEPH
WASHINGTON, DC 20002
SOLYNDRA

BRADY, KEVIN
VIA BRADY FOR CONGRESS
05/17/2010 250.00 10991022070

PASETTI, JOSEPH
WASHINGTON, DC 20024
SOLYNDRA

BOXER, BARBARA
VIA FRIENDS OF BARBARA BOXER
03/31/2010 1000.00 10020362894

GIFFORDS, GABRIELLE
VIA GIFFORDS FOR CONGRESS
10/06/2010 500.00 10931702163

MURKOWSKI, LISA
VIA LISA MURKOWSKI FOR US SENATE
08/24/2010 1000.00 10020791465

THOMPSON, MIKE MR.
VIA MIKE THOMPSON FOR CONGRESS
09/15/2010 1000.00 10991378515

PASETTI, JOSEPH
WASHINGTON, DC 20024
SOLYNDRA, INC.

GIFFORDS, GABRIELLE
VIA GIFFORDS FOR CONGRESS
06/25/2010 250.00 10990857389

PASETTI, JOSEPH A
WASHINGTON, DC 20002
SOLYNDRA

REID, HARRY
VIA FRIENDS FOR HARRY REID
03/30/2010 1000.00 10020202834

PASETTI, JOSEPH A.
WASHINGTON, DC 20002
SOLYNDRA/DIRECTOR OF GOVERNMENT R

BONO MACK, MARY
VIA MARY BONO MACK COMMITTEE
03/31/2010 500.00 10930583305

PASSETTI, JOSEPH
WASHINGTON, DC 20024
SOLYNDRA

CAMP, DAVID LEE
VIA DAVE CAMP FOR CONGRESS
10/11/2010 1000.00 10931711052

REIDY, SEAN
FOSTER CITY, CA 94404
SOLYNDRA, LLC/ENGINEERING MANAGER

LIBERTARIAN NATIONAL COMMITTEE, INC.
07/29/2011 250.00 11932297556

WHITAKER, CORBY C
OAKLAND, MI 48363
SOLYNDRA/EXECUTIVE

HARIDOPOLOS, MIKE
VIA FRIENDS OF MIKE H
02/28/2011 1000.00 11020183820

Total Contributions: 21700.00

Joint Fundraising Contributions

These are contributions to committees who are raising funds to be distributed to other committees. The breakdown of these contributions to their final recipients may appear below

BIERMAN, BEN
FREMONT, CA 94539
SOLYNDRA/VP OF OPERATIONS

OBAMA VICTORY FUND
10/31/2008 300.00 29934401195

Total Joint Fundraising: 300.00

Recipient of Joint Fundraiser Contributions

These are the Final Recipients of Joint Fundraising Contributions

BIERMAN, BEN
FREMONT, CA 94539
SOLYNDRA, INC

OBAMA, BARACK
VIA OBAMA FOR AMERICA
11/03/2008 300.00 11953169224

BIERMAN, BEN
FREMONT, CA 94539
SOLYNDRA/VP ENGINEERING

10/12/2006 200.00 26940550300

Recipient Total: 500.00

TRY A: NEW QUERY
RETURN TO: FEC HOME PAGE

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1468 on: April 29, 2012, 05:21:55 PM »

Solyndra Not Dealing With Toxic Waste At Milpitas Facility
http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2012/04/28/solyndra-not-dealing-with-toxic-waste-at-milpitas-facility/ ^
Posted on April 29, 2012 8:18:45 PM EDT by dewawi

MILPITAS (CBS 5) — Three months ago, CBS 5 caught Solyndra tossing millions of dollars worth of brand new glass tubes used to make solar panels. Now the bankrupt solar firm, once touted as a symbol of green technology, is trying to abandon toxic waste.

(Excerpt) Read more at sanfrancisco.cbslocal.co m ...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1469 on: April 30, 2012, 04:46:55 AM »
Free Republic
Browse · Search   Pings · Mail   Bloggers & Personal
Topics · Post Article
Skip to comments.

Solyndra Was Not The Only Failure
The American Thinker ^ | April 30, 2012 | Warren Beatty
Posted on April 30, 2012 5:30:35 AM EDT by Cincinatus' Wife

....Obama was emphatic about how recovery money was to be spent......Eighty percent of the Department of Energy's (DOE) green loans, loan guarantees, and grants went to Obama backers....

...In March 2011, for example, the GAO examined the first 18 loans that were approved and found that none were properly documented. ... No notes were kept during the review process.....

Schweizer concludes, "DOE Inspector General Gregory Friedman......testified that contracts have been steered to "friends and family."

So with all that in mind, let's turn our attention to what has actually happened since Obama took office.

* SunPower, after receiving $1.5 billion from DOE, is reorganizing, cutting jobs.

* First Solar, after receiving $1.46 billion from DOE, is reorganizing, cutting jobs.

* Solyndra, after receiving $535 million from DOE, filed for bankruptcy protection.

* Ener1, after receiving $118.5 million from DOE, filed for bankruptcy protection.

* Evergreen Solar, after receiving millions of dollars from the state of Massachusetts, filed for bankruptcy protection.

* SpectraWatt, backed by Intel and Goldman Sachs, filed for bankruptcy protection.

* Beacon Power, after receiving $43 million from DOE, filed for bankruptcy protection.

* Abound Solar, after receiving $400 million from DOE, filed for bankruptcy protection.

* Amonix, after receiving $5.9 million from DOE, filed for bankruptcy protection.

* Babcock & Brown (an Australian company), after receiving $178 million from DOE, filed for bankruptcy protection.

* A123 Systems, after receiving $279 million from DOE, shipped some bad batteries and is barely operating. It cut jobs.

* Solar Trust for America, after receiving $2.1 billion loan guarantee from DOE, filed for bankruptcy protection.

* Nevada Geothermal, after receiving $98.5 million from DOE, warns of potential defaults in new SEC filings.

And that's a partial list....

(Excerpt) Read more at americanthinker.com ...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1470 on: May 20, 2013, 09:46:35 AM »
Bump - lol!!!!!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #1471 on: May 20, 2013, 09:50:58 AM »
Obama can pardon himself from any crime - Except one.

IMPEACHMENT.

But, only jason Chaffertz in congress has called for it.   Vote would be 534 to 1, I guess :(

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1472 on: May 21, 2013, 07:53:58 AM »
May 21, 2013
Is it time to consider a RICO case against the Administration?
Matt Holzmann

We are finding out new and interesting revelations about how our government operates every day, it seems. From an ever expanding IRS scandal to the Department of Justice's fishing expedition at AP to the President of the United States telling us that he found out about all of this in the newspapers just like the rest of us, it seems that everywhere we look there is evidence of the Administration using the apparatus of government as a tool of political repression and widespread corruption.

So say such diverse authorities as Bob Woodward, Charles Rangel, Peggy Noonan and Jon Stewart.

There is now enough evidence to begin considering a RICO (Racketeer Influenced Corrupt Organization) case.

Think about it. It began with Czars and Czarinas unanswerable to anyone but the president and shielded from any form of oversight. Whole segments of the economy were reorganized behind closed doors, and GM and Chrysler bondholders and retirees were disestablished. The rule of law was damaged.

Then came the regular abuse of executive orders. As recently as last week his recess appointments of members of the NRLB was declared illegal. The Wall Street Journal wrote earlier this year:

"President Obama has shown increasing contempt for the constitutional limits on his power, and the courts are finally awakening to the news."

Early in 2009, the White House, in a conference call hosted by the National Endowment for the Arts urged grant recipients "to plug Barack Obama's domestic agenda". The Administration was called out on this and swiftly withdrew, but it seems that this administration is most adept at pushing the legal envelope.

They have broken new ground in an amoral overreach. Individuals and organizations have been targeted and harmed. The FBI, once the paragon of rectitude, has become an arm of the Obama Campaign.

The president, his press secretary, and his water carriers such as Barbara Boxer and Nancy Pelosi have made the most fantastic claims about the Benghazi investigation. HHS Secretary Sebelius is strong arming the pharmaceutical industry to fund Obamacare.

Everywhere we look we see what is more and more looking like a pattern of corruption.

Should we be surprised? For a politician who came out of the Chicago School, it is par for the course. Valerie Jarrett told us:

"After we win this election, it's our turn. Payback time. Everyone not with us is against us and they better be ready because we don't forget. The ones who helped us will be rewarded, the ones who opposed us will get what they deserve. There is going to be hell to pay. Congress won't be a problem for us this time. No election to worry about after this is over and we have two judges ready to go."

Sounds sort of like Al Capone. But this statement goes to the core of the Administration's philosophy. This how they do business.

The Obamacare scandal saw arm twisting and deal making on an unprecedented scale. None of this has been subject to a legal test. Unions, corporations, special interests and hundreds of other administration cronies received special treatment. Both Louisiana and Nebraska received variances in exchange for their Senator's votes.

Then came Fast & Furious. The ATF supervised and facilitated the cross border supply of 2,700 firearms to the Sinaloa Cartel that were then used in hundreds of crimes including the murder of over 200 Mexican citizens and two federal agents.

The Director of the EPA was found to have used private e mails to correspond with outsiders on government business, a practice that is apparently widespread in this administration. This conduct extends to the White House itself and goes back some time.

The current scandals are only the latest in a pattern of illegal conduct by our government. The threats are very real. Rights clearly protected in the Constitution have been violated time and again and it mainly those who oppose the administration who are affected. It has become Orwellian.

In 1970 the Racketeer Influenced Corrupt Organization Act (RICO) was passed. Since then it has been used against the Catholic Church for covering up sex abuse cases; against corporations for hiring illegal aliens; against the Mob, the Hell's Angels and other gangs, and against Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick most recently.

It would seem that as time passes, the evidence test will have been met on at least several of the statues specifically covered by RICO. These include extortion, bribery, fraud, and obstruction of justice. The law requires at least two acts in the pattern of racketeering. We have many more in this case.

The government has been highly successful in using the RICO laws to indict and convict individuals for crimes committed against witnesses who cooperate with law enforcement.  In this the use of RICO statutes might take an ironic twist as government has so abused its power.

With Sgt. Schultz defense being offered by the Administration to date, it may at some point be advisable to bring a RICO case. Civil suits are specifically allowed; encouraged, even. But there is a real danger to our legal system which must be addressed. As Thomas Jefferson wrote:

"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny."

Read more:
http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2013/05/is_it_time_to_consider_a_rico_case_against_the_administration.html#.UZuJdJE5iA0.facebook#ixzz2TwHoci82

Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1473 on: May 21, 2013, 07:58:50 AM »

Budget request denied, Sebelius turns to health executives to finance Obamacare

By Sarah Kliff, Published: May 10, 2013 at 4:12

HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius is asking private industry executives to help fund Obamacare’s implementation.

Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius has gone, hat in hand, to health industry officials, asking them to make large financial donations to help with the effort to implement President Obama’s landmark health-care law, two people familiar with the outreach said.

Her unusual fundraising push comes after Congress repeatedly rejected the Obama administration’s requests for additional funds to set up the Affordable Care Act, leaving HHS to implement the president’s signature legislative accomplishment on what officials have described as a shoestring budget.

Over the past three months, Sebelius has made multiple phone calls to health industry executives, community organizations and church groups and asked that they contribute whatever they can to nonprofit groups that are working to enroll uninsured Americans and increase awareness of the law, according to an HHS official and an industry person familiar with the secretary’s activities. Both spoke on the condition of anonymity to talk openly about private discussions.

An HHS spokesperson said Sebelius was within the bounds of her authority in asking for help.

But Republicans charged that Sebelius’s outreach was improper because it pressured private companies and other groups to support the Affordable Care Act. The latest controversy has emerged as the law faces a string of challenges from GOP lawmakers in Washington and skepticism from many state officials across the country.

“To solicit funds from health-care executives to help pay for the implementation of the President’s $2.6 trillion health spending law is absurd,” Sen. Orrin G. Hatch (R-Utah) said in a statement. “I will be seeking more information from the Administration about these actions to help better understand whether there are conflicts of interest and if it violated federal law.”

Federal regulations do not allow department officials to fundraise in their professional capacity. They do, however, allow Cabinet members to solicit donations as private citizens “if you do not solicit funds from a subordinate or from someone who has or seeks business with the Department, and you do not use your official title,” according to Justice Department regulations.

HHS spokesman Jason Young added that a special section in the Public Health Service Act allows the secretary to support and encourage others to support nonprofit groups working to provide health information and conduct other public-health activities.

Sebelius is working “with a full range of stakeholders who share in the mission of getting Americans the help they need and deserve,” Young said. “Part of our mission is to help uninsured Americans take advantage of new, quality affordable insurance options that are coming thanks to the health law.”

Young said that Sebelius did not solicit for funds directly from industries that HHS regulates, such as insurance companies and hospitals, but rather asked them to contribute in whatever way they can.

But the industry official who had knowledge of the calls but did not participate directly in them said there was a clear insinuation by the administration that the insurers should give financially to the nonprofits.

Meredith McGehee, policy director for the nonpartisan Campaign Legal Center, which researches government ethics issues, said she was troubled by Sebelius’s activities because the secretary seemed to be “using the power of government to compel giving or insinuate that giving is going to be looked at favorably by the government.”

The success of the Affordable Care Act largely hinges on whether enough people sign up for insurance coverage. If only a small number of sick people participate, premiums would spike.

But spreading information about the law to the 30 million uninsured Americans has been a struggle, partly because there isn’t enough money to fund the effort, HHS officials have argued.

The Affordable Care Act included $1 billion to be used in overall implementation of the law. Congressional Budget Office projections, however, estimated that federal agencies will need between $5 billion and $10 billion to get the law up and running over the next decade. And because many states have refused to partner with the federal government in setting up the law, the burden on HHS has grown.

HHS has repeatedly requested additional funds from Congress to assist in the implementing but has been turned down.

After Congress rejected a request in March for nearly $1 billion in additional spending for fiscal 2013, the White House asked for $1.5 billion for fiscal 2015 to set up and run dozens of exchanges that will provide Americans options for health insurance. The new marketplaces will launch in October for open enrollment.

“We requested additional money . . . but we didn’t receive any additional funding for the exchanges,” Ellen Murray, HHS’s assistant secretary for financial resources, said last month at a budget briefing. “So we’ve had to come up with a Plan B. We’ve been working very hard to develop that.”

In 2012, budget documents show that HHS pulled hundreds of millions of dollars from programs not specifically earmarked for the Affordable Care Act’s implementation.

On top of that, the agency announced Thursday that it would use $150 million in Affordable Care Act funds meant to build additional community health centers to train thousands of health-care outreach workers at facilities that already exist.

“Investing in health centers for outreach and enrollment assistance provides one more way the Obama administration is helping consumers understand their options and enroll in affordable coverage,” Secretary Sebelius said in a statement.

Many of Sebelius’s calls have gone to current supporters of Enroll America, the most prominent nonprofit group working on the health care law’s implementation, an HHS official said. Its president, Anne Filipic, joined the group in January after serving as the White House’s deputy director for public engagement.

“We all have a lot of work to do between now and the Marketplace opening in October,” Filipic said in a statement. “That’s why it’s so important that the public, private and non-profit sectors are coming together to educate consumers about the opportunities that will be available to them later this year. Secretary Sebelius recognizes how important the work Enroll America is doing and we’re thrilled to be working with her.”

Health insurers plan to run their own outreach campaigns alongside the work of the Obama administration. They have a vested interest in recruiting Americans to enroll in their specific products rather than those of their competitors.

“As open enrollment gets closer, health plans will be engaged in a variety of innovative outreach activities,” spokesman Robert Zirkelbach, spokesman for the trade association America’s Health Insurance Plans, said.