Author Topic: Awesome website for old footage....  (Read 2086 times)

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
Awesome website for old footage....
« on: March 09, 2011, 12:08:40 PM »
Just type in the name of a wrestler in the search box.....

http://wn.com

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
Re: Awesome website for old footage....
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 12:24:03 PM »
Lol...this is great! I just typed in Ric Flair and it brought up all his 1985-1986 promos....lol at the "golden spoon".

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2011, 12:28:29 PM »
Lol...this is great! I just typed in Ric Flair and it brought up all his 1985-1986 promos....lol at the "golden spoon".

I stumbled on it looking for old Paul Ellering footage.  There is some good stuff of his on there too.  I thought it was just an odd website to find it on....

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2011, 06:48:10 AM »
I stumbled on it looking for old Paul Ellering footage.  There is some good stuff of his on there too.  I thought it was just an odd website to find it on....
"Dusty Rhodes! Can you even begin to describe your lifestyle!?" Lol

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2011, 06:48:38 AM »
"Dusty Rhodes! Can you even begin to describe your lifestyle!?" Lol

haha, love that quote. 

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2011, 08:18:42 AM »
haha, love that quote. 
I was watching Flair's dvd last night. Some good matches of him and Kerry Von Eric circa 1982 when he defended the NWA title in World Class and won.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2011, 05:08:11 PM »
I was watching Flair's dvd last night. Some good matches of him and Kerry Von Eric circa 1982 when he defended the NWA title in World Class and won.

If it hadn't been for Fritz being a freak, Kerry would have been a HUGE star all over the country.  Papa Fritz has to have a hard time looking at himself in the mirror, if he's still living.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2011, 04:47:53 AM »
If it hadn't been for Fritz being a freak, Kerry would have been a HUGE star all over the country.  Papa Fritz has to have a hard time looking at himself in the mirror, if he's still living.
Kerry's potential was untapped and he died way to young. IMO his biggest mistake was coming to the then WWF back in 1990. He should have stayed in the south, be it WCW or mid-south. he would have made way more moneya s his drawing power down there was remarkable. Up north he was totally used and abused.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2011, 04:40:55 PM »
Kerry's potential was untapped and he died way to young. IMO his biggest mistake was coming to the then WWF back in 1990. He should have stayed in the south, be it WCW or mid-south. he would have made way more moneya s his drawing power down there was remarkable. Up north he was totally used and abused.

I agree.  He would have been a great fit in WCW at that time.  Or even an extended run in Japan would have been good for him.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2011, 10:37:15 AM »
I agree.  He would have been a great fit in WCW at that time.  Or even an extended run in Japan would have been good for him.
A wise man once said that if you want to make a big name for yourself in Pro Wrestling, you need to do a good stint(s) in Japan first.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2011, 05:05:43 PM »
agreed,texas tornado was tough sell....great build.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2011, 04:21:59 AM »
Kerry's problems started when he got into that motorbike accident when he had his foot amputated. He was wrestling with a prostectic foot for more than 6 years. It only got revealed because one night at a house show, his opponent pulled his leg from outside the ring and the boot came off revealing to a stunned crowd a fake limb. That explains his huge pain killer abuse.