Author Topic: Jeff Hardy last night  (Read 9036 times)

mass 04

• Getbig V
Jeff Hardy last night
« on: March 14, 2011, 07:51:08 AM »
Work?

PWInsider.com is reporting that sources within TNA are claiming the main event of tonight's TNA Victory Road PPV was cut short due to concern over Jeff Hardy's "state of mind" prior to the PPV. It's also being speculated that Sting may not have agreed to work a long match with Hardy given his condition.

Several readers have sent in word that after the PPV went off the air, and the live crowd began to chant "this is bull****," Sting could be seen at the entrance ramp mouthing "I agree, I agree." More on this developing story as it becomes available.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Jeff Hardy last night
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2011, 07:59:41 AM »
Work?

PWInsider.com is reporting that sources within TNA are claiming the main event of tonight's TNA Victory Road PPV was cut short due to concern over Jeff Hardy's "state of mind" prior to the PPV. It's also being speculated that Sting may not have agreed to work a long match with Hardy given his condition.

Several readers have sent in word that after the PPV went off the air, and the live crowd began to chant "this is bull****," Sting could be seen at the entrance ramp mouthing "I agree, I agree." More on this developing story as it becomes available.

In other words, Hardy was blazed out of his mind. That's why WWE dropped him and (from what I've heard) Stephanie McMahon didn't want him to be WWE or World Champion.

I lost count of how many times he's been suspended (most notably, getting yanked from the MITB match at WrestleMania 24).

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2011, 08:08:01 AM »
It's Russo so I'm skeptical. Either way it's stupid IMO. Either, they are exploiting his addiction for an angle and screwing fans who bought the ppv out of seeing a match or he shows up high all the time, putting other people in danger and TNA allows it.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2011, 10:31:33 AM »
According to the "net", This match was way to short and Sting was visably upset after the match. The ref had his signals crossed and there is speculation that Jeff Hardy was crossed as well. Fans were pissed.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2011, 11:54:47 AM »
According to the "net", This match was way to short and Sting was visably upset after the match. The ref had his signals crossed and there is speculation that Jeff Hardy was crossed as well. Fans were pissed.
He's lucky Sting is a "born again" and he wasn't in the ring with someome else.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2011, 12:04:41 PM »
I litterally just read this on the scoops site....

TNA has made the decision to send Jeff Hardy home from this week’s set of iMPACT! tapings steming from the PPV. As many of you know by now, the Jeff Hardy vs. Sting main event at the TNA Victory Road pay-per-view only lasted only 1 minute and 28 seconds. Obviously, Sting was extremely pissed off after the match.

According to numerous TNA sources, there was backstage concern over Jeff Hardy at the pay-per-view. There are other sources that say Sting told TNA management before the match that he wouldn’t agree to wrestling a long match with Hardy if he was in no condition to perform.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2011, 05:12:07 PM »
In other words, Hardy was blazed out of his mind. That's why WWE dropped him and (from what I've heard) Stephanie McMahon didn't want him to be WWE or World Champion
I've read that WWE offered him a lot of money to come back and with a lighter schedule but he refused. Who knows? Either way they dodged a bullet. This is probably not the first time that he's gone out there fvcked up and like I said, he's lucky he was in there with a vet like Sting.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2011, 10:10:10 PM »
If he was in that bad a condition, why let him even get to the ring and start the match?  At the worst, have someone ambush him on the way to the ring, and replace him in the title match.  No way should it be left to the point where Bischoff has to come down and (it looks like) explain what's going on to the guys in the ring.  You could see from the way Jeff wasn't expecting to take the finisher, and when he tried to kick out legit that he had no idea that was the end of the match.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2011, 04:44:31 AM »
If he was in that bad a condition, why let him even get to the ring and start the match?  At the worst, have someone ambush him on the way to the ring, and replace him in the title match.  No way should it be left to the point where Bischoff has to come down and (it looks like) explain what's going on to the guys in the ring.  You could see from the way Jeff wasn't expecting to take the finisher, and when he tried to kick out legit that he had no idea that was the end of the match.
Some guys are phenomenal at hiding their buzz. Jake Roberts hid it for years before people started realizing he was drugged up half the time. I know guys who can drink 8 beers and still walk a straight line better then when they were sober.

The latest on this Jeff Hardy thing is that he is claiming he was exhausted from his travelling schedual. he apparently went to the Middle East, then to Carolina and then to Florida and then to the PPV all within a few days. This of course is the gospel according to Matt Hardy. Last night at the Impact tapings he was sent home. TBH, I think he was pilled up because even Sting could be seen at the top of the entrance ramp replying to the fans "I agree, I agree!". The fans were chanting, "This is bullshit!" in reference to their 90 second No DQ match at the TNA PPV.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2011, 06:54:05 PM »
dude needs to go

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2011, 07:49:41 PM »
Some guys are phenomenal at hiding their buzz. Jake Roberts hid it for years before people started realizing he was drugged up half the time. I know guys who can drink 8 beers and still walk a straight line better then when they were sober.

True, but they only notice when he's in the ring?  Not five minutes before?  And didn't Sting refuse to work a long match with him?  So someone knew, and let it get to the stage where they had to pull him on camera.  Unprofessional on all fronts.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2011, 04:54:25 AM »
True, but they only notice when he's in the ring?  Not five minutes before?  And didn't Sting refuse to work a long match with him?  So someone knew, and let it get to the stage where they had to pull him on camera.  Unprofessional on all fronts.
Pills brother.....pills, pills, pills. That's Jeff Hardy's sad life.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2011, 12:24:01 PM »
The very latest on Jeff Hardy....wow....

"As noted earlier here on the website, the drug case against Jeff Hardy was continued once again today in Moore County, NC Superior Court. The case has been ongoing for 18 months, and today, Assistant District Attorney Warren McSweeney asked Judge James Webb to continue to the case. FayObserver.com reports that the reason for the continuance is so they can get the results of lab tests from the State Bureau of Investigation on some of the evidence that was seized from Hardy’s home September 11th, 2009. I’m not sure why it would take 18 months to get lab tests back.

It should be noted that Jeff Hardy’s lawyer has publicly stated that Jeff will plead guilty to at least some of the charges. Both Hardy’s lawyer and prosecutors are still trying to work out a deal. Hardy’s lawyer wants to avoid jail time.

TNA’s media relations department refused to comment on how the company is dealing with Hardy currently. He did state that TNA has a drug testing policy in place.

Police found about 262 doses of Vicodin, a prescription painkiller, 180 Soma prescription pills, 55 milliliters of anabolic steroids, a residual amount of powder cocaine and drug paraphernalia when they raided his house on September 11th, 2009. He faces several drug charges including felony trafficking.

In a follow up from the incident at this past Sunday’s TNA Victory Road pay-per-view, when Eric Bischoff entered the ring to change the stipulation for the Sting vs. Jeff Hardy match, he called an audible. Bischoff could be clearly seen saying things to both Hardy and Sting during his in-ring promo. According to TNA sources, Hardy had to be “held up” as he was brought though the gorilla position. Due to his condition before the main event, the call was made to change all main event plans. Hardy was stumbling badly on his way to the ring during his entrance and looked “completely out of it”. As reported on Monday, Hardy was sent home by TNA from the iMPACT! TV tapings this week in Orlando, FL.

There are other reports stating that Hardy arrived to the iMPACT! Zone on Sunday way later than he was supposed to and was found laying on his back in a corner of a bathroom backstage. TNA management was frantically trying to find him before the main event. Jeff was nodding off and as noted above, had to be held up on his way to the arena for the main event. Sting was quiet backstage but visibly pissed off. More as we get it."

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2011, 12:53:33 PM »
Thats what TNA gets for putting their title on a drug addict.

And if its a work. Sting is a great actor because he looked visibly pissed after the match, and not in a worked way.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2011, 01:04:20 PM »
Thats what TNA gets for putting their title on a drug addict.

And if its a work. Sting is a great actor because he looked visibly pissed after the match, and not in a worked way.

Its definately not a work. Jeff has major rec drug issues.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2011, 02:23:40 PM »
Its definately not a work. Jeff has major rec drug issues.

Sad man. Very sad.

So whats TNA gonna do now.

They put their title on a hobbled 53 yr old man, because the guy they wanted to carry the company is a drug addict and cant show up to a ppv not lit out of his mind.

I dont see any quick resolutions with the roster they have now

They're in trouble.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2011, 04:58:25 AM »
Sad man. Very sad.

So whats TNA gonna do now.

They put their title on a hobbled 53 yr old man, because the guy they wanted to carry the company is a drug addict and cant show up to a ppv not lit out of his mind.

I dont see any quick resolutions with the roster they have now

They're in trouble.
Sting is still in good shape and can wrestle. But you are right, what will become of Hardy? he still has to go to court very soon to face the music but who knows. Maybe they'll send him to rehab and make him disappear for a few months.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2011, 11:40:31 AM »
In other words, Hardy was blazed out of his mind. That's why WWE dropped him and (from what I've heard) Stephanie McMahon didn't want him to be WWE or World Champion.

I lost count of how many times he's been suspended (most notably, getting yanked from the MITB match at WrestleMania 24).

Jeff Hardy wasn't fired. Matt was. Jeff's contract expired and he never resigned. A few days later he got pinched with all those drug charges.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2011, 02:46:13 PM »
Sting is still in good shape and can wrestle. But you are right, what will become of Hardy? he still has to go to court very soon to face the music but who knows. Maybe they'll send him to rehab and make him disappear for a few months.

Last I read, he's planning to plead guilty to "some" of the charges, but his lawyer is trying to avoid jail time.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2011, 04:30:01 AM »
Here's another update on this Jeff Hardy situation....

Jeff Hardy was described as being “a mess” in the hours that led up to his main event match with Sting at Sunday’s Victory Road pay-per-view event. The former TNA World Heavyweight Champion had to be be held as he made his way from outside the Impact! Zone to the staging area behind the entrance curtain. His behavior at the “gorilla position” combined with the manner in which he stumbled during his ring entrance caused management to call an audible mere minutes before the match. Eric Bischoff delivered instructions to both grapplers while cutting his promo and the bout last approximately ninety seconds.

Hardy was not on hand for this week’s iMPACT! tapings because management instructed him to go home Monday. While his pack of defenders cited travel fatigue for his more offbeat than usual behavior at the Final Resolution pay-per-view event in December, they have yet to issue a defense for his behavior on Sunday.

Jeff Hardy’s court hearing yesterday in Moore County, North Carolina resulted in another continuance due to the district attorney’s office waiting on evidence from the State Bureau of Investigation. Hardy has told friends that his legal team has developed a new strategy and that he hopes to have the situation put to rest soon.

With Jeff Hardy pulled from the weekend house shows, TNA has added Rob Van Dam to the weekend shows in Jacksonville, FL and Savannah, GA. Here is the updated lineup for the shows…

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2011, 04:37:33 AM »
Here's another update on this Jeff Hardy situation....

Jeff Hardy was described as being “a mess” in the hours that led up to his main event match with Sting at Sunday’s Victory Road pay-per-view event. The former TNA World Heavyweight Champion had to be be held as he made his way from outside the Impact! Zone to the staging area behind the entrance curtain. His behavior at the “gorilla position” combined with the manner in which he stumbled during his ring entrance caused management to call an audible mere minutes before the match. Eric Bischoff delivered instructions to both grapplers while cutting his promo and the bout last approximately ninety seconds.

Hardy was not on hand for this week’s iMPACT! tapings because management instructed him to go home Monday. While his pack of defenders cited travel fatigue for his more offbeat than usual behavior at the Final Resolution pay-per-view event in December, they have yet to issue a defense for his behavior on Sunday.

Jeff Hardy’s court hearing yesterday in Moore County, North Carolina resulted in another continuance due to the district attorney’s office waiting on evidence from the State Bureau of Investigation. Hardy has told friends that his legal team has developed a new strategy and that he hopes to have the situation put to rest soon.

With Jeff Hardy pulled from the weekend house shows, TNA has added Rob Van Dam to the weekend shows in Jacksonville, FL and Savannah, GA. Here is the updated lineup for the shows…

Now, here's where I think it's more than a little unfair:
I'm not standing up for Vince; I'm just saying - if Hardy was in the Fed right now, or if it was any one of WWE's guys, there'd be a media shitstorm.

I don't know which is worse for TNA: the fact that one of their top guys is a total fcuk-up inside AND outside the ring, or the fact that nobody considers TNA to be "mainstream" enough to give this any attention in the media.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2011, 04:47:14 AM »

Now, here's where I think it's more than a little unfair:
I'm not standing up for Vince; I'm just saying - if Hardy was in the Fed right now, or if it was any one of WWE's guys, there'd be a media shitstorm.

I don't know which is worse for TNA: the fact that one of their top guys is a total fcuk-up inside AND outside the ring, or the fact that nobody considers TNA to be "mainstream" enough to give this any attention in the media.

I think its because WWE is the "well known" wrestling circuit that is worldwide around the globe. TNA by many standards is considered "small" and no one realy pays attention. Just my two pennies. Christ, when Eddy died and Benoit killed his family and himself the media reacted like there was life on mars.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2011, 05:19:50 AM »
I think its because WWE is the "well known" wrestling circuit that is worldwide around the globe. TNA by many standards is considered "small" and no one realy pays attention. Just my two pennies. Christ, when Eddy died and Benoit killed his family and himself the media reacted like there was life on mars.

Yeah, I agree.
I'm also reminded of the steroid scandal of the early 90's.
"Steroids in wrestling" really equated to "steroids in WWF."
Granted, the focus was on Vince because he was the specific target of the federal investigation; but that kind of supports my point that everyone targets him & his company for everything, when they could also have gone after plenty of other people in the industry for the same things.

I guess that's what happens when you essentially are the industry: you get all the glory, as well as all the shit.

And, as far as WWE...prior to the Benoit incident, Vince used to tell people that, "Any publicity is good publicity."
After 2007, I think it became more, "Almost any publicity is good publicity."

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2011, 06:38:50 AM »

Yeah, I agree.
I'm also reminded of the steroid scandal of the early 90's.
"Steroids in wrestling" really equated to "steroids in WWF."
Granted, the focus was on Vince because he was the specific target of the federal investigation; but that kind of supports my point that everyone targets him & his company for everything, when they could also have gone after plenty of other people in the industry for the same things.

I guess that's what happens when you essentially are the industry: you get all the glory, as well as all the shit.

And, as far as WWE...prior to the Benoit incident, Vince used to tell people that, "Any publicity is good publicity."
After 2007, I think it became more, "Almost any publicity is good publicity."

I'm just itching to see what the court does. He's admitted to some of the charges as you stated earlier but again, who knows. I have a feeling he'll get some probation, rehab and a fine. No jail time.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2011, 01:20:58 PM »
1. Jeff didnt even sell the Deathdrop...

2. Sting Wieghed in this morning at 258 lbs  ::) yeah with 30 lbs of weight in his shoes

I am surprised TNA has lasted as long as it has....they will always be third fiddle, not even 2nd to WWE