Author Topic: “Life coach” fires JaMarcus Russell  (Read 6564 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
“Life coach” fires JaMarcus Russell
« on: April 14, 2011, 12:24:01 PM »
AP

If JaMarcus Russell hasn’t hit bottom yet, we are not looking forward to what’s coming next.

The latest embarrassment for the former No. 1 overall pick: Russell’s “Life coach” John Lucas told Russell he would no longer work with him and asked Russell to leave Houston, according to Jason Cole of Yahoo! Sports.

Just think about that for a second. A man who is getting paid to help Russell, who makes a career out of rehabilitating athletes, gave up on the kid.

Russell reportedly worked hard after starting to work with Lucas last September, but he quickly lost focus.  He showed up to NFL workouts last November and December out of shape, and his work habits “continued to deteriorate.”  Lucas grew tired of trying to get Russell to care.

“The title of your article should be, ‘It’s Over,’ ” one source told Cole.  “It’s just amazing that you could say that about somebody who is 25 years old and just got drafted four years ago. But it’s been almost a year since he got cut and there’s no interest. Even before the lockout, nobody wanted to get near the kid.”

Fellow underachiever Tom Prince was unavailable for comment.

tendonitis

• Getbig V
Re: “Life coach” fires JaMarcus Russell
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2011, 12:28:02 PM »
JaMarcus will comfort himself with some purple drank.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2011, 12:38:39 PM »
Russell smartest Number 1 draft pick.. nothing says WINNING like a rented private jet, Fur coat, with a Sweat suite and sneakers   :-\

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2011, 12:39:58 PM »
looks pretty chiseled to me:

Deep Tissue Massage

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2011, 12:41:13 PM »

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2011, 12:44:05 PM »
Maybe THE COACH can help him get back to his College game shape.. someone forward COACH's new commercial to Russell

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2011, 12:51:07 PM »
if i owned a team, i'd never draft in the 1st rd, just trade it for established players.

even bigger joke is the saints talking about redoing reggie bush's contract.  3 knee ops and 6 yrs later he is going to have that break out season while 4th on the depth chart earning 3M a yr on hype alone now.   prime example of a coach and GM who dont want to say they FUCKED it with #2 overall pick.

at least davis said fuck the money and dumped russell.

slaver

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2011, 12:54:53 PM »
life coach anthony robbins?
who?
wtf?

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2011, 05:09:14 PM »
if i owned a team, i'd never draft in the 1st rd, just trade it for established players.

Madden football has taught me this very lesson too!

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2011, 05:12:33 PM »
Maybe THE COACH can help him get back to his College game shape.. someone forward COACH's new commercial to Russell

Not a chance, I went through this shit with Ryan Leaf. It isn't worth no matter how much would get paid.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2011, 05:13:41 PM »
AP

If JaMarcus Russell hasn’t hit bottom yet, we are not looking forward to what’s coming next.

The latest embarrassment for the former No. 1 overall pick: Russell’s “Life coach” John Lucas told Russell he would no longer work with him and asked Russell to leave Houston, according to Jason Cole of Yahoo! Sports.

Just think about that for a second. A man who is getting paid to help Russell, who makes a career out of rehabilitating athletes, gave up on the kid.

Russell reportedly worked hard after starting to work with Lucas last September, but he quickly lost focus.  He showed up to NFL workouts last November and December out of shape, and his work habits “continued to deteriorate.”  Lucas grew tired of trying to get Russell to care.

“The title of your article should be, ‘It’s Over,’ ” one source told Cole.  “It’s just amazing that you could say that about somebody who is 25 years old and just got drafted four years ago. But it’s been almost a year since he got cut and there’s no interest. Even before the lockout, nobody wanted to get near the kid.”

Save this story for Cam Newton so in a couple of years it won't have to be re-written!

JimmyJam1974

• Getbig V
  • "No sir, the ball ain't heavy." - Herschel Walker
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2011, 05:16:22 PM »
Not a chance, I went through this shit with Ryan Leaf. It isn't worth no matter how much would get paid.
He needs you now tonight, he needs you more than ever
U

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2011, 05:18:38 PM »
He needs you now tonight, he needs you more than ever

LOL

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2011, 05:59:54 PM »

A wikipedia search on Ryan does not shine well on the fellow.
Can you pass along any good info on him...translation, DIRT?
He lied about a hand injury to play golf? What a moron. High profile player won't be spotted on the course!

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2011, 06:35:02 PM »
A wikipedia search on Ryan does not shine well on the fellow.
Can you pass along any good info on him...translation, DIRT?
He lied about a hand injury to play golf? What a moron. High profile player won't be spotted on the course!

I know he went on to be a head golf coach at college in Texas, I want to Texas A&M but I don't think thats it but then I heard he got busted for weed and thrown in jail.....I think.

JimmyJam1974

• Getbig V
  • "No sir, the ball ain't heavy." - Herschel Walker
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2011, 06:35:52 PM »
I know he went on to be a head golf coach at college in Texas, I want to Texas A&M but I don't think thats it but then I heard he got busted for weed and thrown in jail.....I think.
pain killers
U

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2011, 06:43:24 PM »
AP

I honestly think JaMarcus was a scapegoat for the Raiders because the team still has had losing seasons without him for 2 years and eventually he stopped giving a fuck about things he had no control over. 

Raiders have only themselves to blame.  The team as a whole has to function, not just the quarterback
A

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2011, 06:51:06 PM »

I honestly think JaMarcus was a scapegoat for the Raiders because the team still has had losing seasons without him for 2 years and eventually he stopped giving a fuck about things he had no control over. 

Raiders have only themselves to blame.  The team as a whole has to function, not just the quarterback

You don't pay someone $31mil to be a scapegoat. For Raider standards they actually had a good year last year.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2011, 08:17:11 AM »

Save this story for Cam Newton so in a couple of years it won't have to be re-written!

I dont see cam newton doing the sizzurp thing, busted for drug use.

I do see him being an interception machine cause he's just not accurate though.

MB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2011, 08:32:57 AM »

I think he was a position coach at West Texas A&M. 

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2011, 08:48:52 AM »
You don't pay someone $31mil to be a scapegoat. For Raider standards they actually had a good year last year.

Not really.  Jamarcus may not have played well but so did most of the team.  They haven't made the playoffs since 2002.  The problems with the team were before Jamarcus and are still continuing after he left in 2009. 

There's a issue with the entire teams training and conditioning, a lot of them are getting winded and not playing hard during games if you see them, coaching is shitty, management is crap, and pretty much the organization is only concerned with profit rather than winning a title.  Its the same issue over here with the Carolina Panthers.  When I worked security at the Panther's training camp back when they made it to the Superbowl, the coach was cracking the whip on them.  The last time I saw them, they were goofing off. 
A

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2011, 08:56:50 AM »

Not really.  Jamarcus may not have played well but so did most of the team.  They haven't made the playoffs since 2002.  The problems with the team were before Jamarcus and are still continuing after he left in 2009. 

There's a issue with the entire teams training and conditioning, a lot of them are getting winded and not playing hard during games if you see them, coaching is shitty, management is crap, and pretty much the organization is only concerned with profit rather than winning a title.  Its the same issue over here with the Carolina Panthers.  When I worked security at the Panther's training camp back when they made it to the Superbowl, the coach was cracking the whip on them.  The last time I saw them, they were goofing off. 

It all went downhill FROM THERE!

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2011, 09:00:12 AM »

Raiders went 8-8, that's a winning year....for them. The year before they went 5-11.

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2011, 09:08:33 AM »
Raiders went 8-8, that's a winning year....for them. The year before they went 5-11.

Yea we did, back we are not back to the 2-14 days thanks AL

Die... Just fucking DIE

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2011, 09:10:17 AM »
Coaches and trainers who know and work with Cam have said, Cam is never the first one in or the last one out.

Typical