Author Topic: THE OFFICIAL BEATLES THREAD  (Read 10835 times)

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
THE OFFICIAL BEATLES THREAD
« on: May 13, 2011, 03:33:40 PM »
Starting this thread so we can talk about the Beatles...my favorite all time band.....there are a lot of haters who say the Beatles sucked but their record sales speak for themselves...still selling big time 40-45 years later.....what are your favorite songs?....who was he most talented?...what caused the break-up?..lets talk about all things Beatles!

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad
Re: THE OFFICIAL BEATLES THREAD
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2011, 03:38:37 PM »
I hate the fucking Beatles. Can't stand ANY of their shit.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2011, 03:40:33 PM »

you're definitely crazy

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2011, 03:42:07 PM »
All hype, back in the day everybody was screaming, they had to run for their lives, even some tunnels were made for them, now they can walk anywehere they like

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2011, 03:42:22 PM »
X2

chunkramwell

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2011, 03:42:57 PM »

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2011, 03:44:15 PM »
What is everyone's five best Beatles songs?

Hey Jude
Let it Be
Get Back
Something
Here Comes the Sun

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2011, 03:46:10 PM »
All hype, back in the day everybody was screaming, they had to run for their lives, even some tunnels were made for them, now they can walk anywehere they like

hype doesn't continue to sell records 45 years later dude..sorry

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2011, 03:47:47 PM »
Fuck...I hate the Beatles, its like listening to nails on a chalk board. Greatest PR in the history of music.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2011, 03:48:57 PM »
Fuck...I hate the Beatles, its like listening to nails on a chalk board. Greatest PR in the history of music.

maybe I should have made this a Beatles Hate Thread..LOL

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2011, 03:51:45 PM »

What bands are great then, Coachy?

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2011, 03:54:30 PM »

X3

TacoBell

• Getbig V
  • Team FTN
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2011, 04:02:06 PM »
What is everyone's five best Beatles songs?

Hey Jude
Let it Be
Get Back
Something
Here Comes the Sun

Revolution
Instant Karma
Dear Prudence
A Day in the LIfe
Dont let me down

Looking at their discography, I can never understand how people can hate the beatles, even more so today when the 'hype' is  no longer active.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2011, 04:35:36 PM »
X4
I know they had their own sound and inspired many artists, but I still hate their songs.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2011, 06:08:50 PM »

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2011, 06:36:01 PM »
Wrong forum dude, go take your shit to www.crappyMusicFromThe60's.com

tendonitis

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2011, 06:38:35 PM »
most overrated boyband ever

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Royalty is a schmoe-cel.
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2011, 07:29:41 PM »
Alot of ignorance in this thread. Beatles were phenomenal band. Maybe greatest band ever, right up there with the Stones. Abbey Road is one of the greatest albums ever. White Album, Sgt Peppers and Let it be all solid as well.

Pre 1967 alot of their music was marketed to teeny boppers but that does not detract from the obvious musical talent displayed later on. Each member was a good musician in their own right.  Even in their teeny bopper days they wrote their own music, played their own instruments and put on one hell of a live show. That alone should stand for something, especially compared to the no talent-studio creations that we are force fed now. Post 67 Sgt Peppers was their concept-experimental- break out album. Abbey Road was their most mature effort. Complete from start to finish. The last song on Abbey Road is called The End. It is alternating guitar solos by John, Paul and George. Its pure rock and roll.

After they broke up Paul McCartney and John Lennon both made solo albums where every song was composed by themselves and every instrument was played by themselves.  You don't see talent like that anymore.

For all the haters, I hear some bitch called Lady GaGa is supposedly really talented.

tendonitis

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2011, 07:34:39 PM »
Alot of ignorance in this thread. Beatles were phenomenal band. Maybe greatest band ever, right up there with the Stones. Abbey Road is one of the greatest albums ever. White Album, Sgt Peppers and Let it be all solid as well.

Pre 1967 alot of their music was marketed to teeny boppers but that does not detract from the obvious musical talent displayed later on. Each member was a good musician in their own right.  Even in their teeny bopper days they wrote their own music, played their own instruments and put on one hell of a live show. That alone should stand for something, especially compared to the no talent-studio creations that we are force fed now. Post 67 Sgt Peppers was their concept-experimental- break out album. Abbey Road was their most mature effort. Complete from start to finish. The last song on Abbey Road is called The End. It is alternating guitar solos by John, Paul and George. Its pure rock and roll.

After they broke up Paul McCartney and John Lennon both made solo albums where every song was composed by themselves and every instrument was played by themselves.  You don't see talent like that anymore.

For all the haters, I hear some bitch called Lady GaGa is supposedly really talented.
hi Paul, how much do you bench?

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2011, 07:54:35 PM »

* yawn * I got a cock that needs suckin', boy. Get to it. All this Beatles talk is makin' me soft.

outby43

• Getbig IV
  • Libertarians 2016
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2011, 07:59:05 PM »
What bands are great then, Coachy?

Probably

Amy Grant
Stryper
The Conservatives
The Republican Five

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2011, 08:46:02 PM »

Now here's a dude with some sense..nice post..thanks dude

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2011, 08:47:39 PM »
Revolution
Instant Karma
Dear Prudence
A Day in the LIfe
Dont let me down

Looking at their discography, I can never understand how people can hate the beatles, even more so today when the 'hype' is  no longer active.

A Day in the Life was awesome.....so was Don't Let me down......I also loved "two of us"

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2011, 08:48:32 PM »

* yawn * I got a cock that needs suckin', boy. Get to it. All this Beatles talk is makin' me soft.

If you think the Beatles are bad you're permanently soft...as in gay

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2011, 09:47:54 PM »
Actually, it was Revolver that really took them out of the "pop music" mode.