Author Topic: andreisdaman, Obama is kicking your ass!  (Read 3343 times)

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
andreisdaman, Obama is kicking your ass!
« on: June 01, 2011, 04:03:54 PM »
Private employers added a meager 38,000 jobs in May
Downbeat ADP data seen as bellwether for government’s monthly jobs report

NEW YORK — Private-sector payroll growth slowed sharply in May, coming in far below expectations and falling to the lowest level in eight months, a report by a payrolls processor showed on Wednesday.

The ADP Employer Services report showed private employers added a scant 38,000 jobs last month, while April private payrolls were revised down to an increase of 177,000 from the previously reported 179,000.

Economists surveyed by Reuters had forecast a gain of 175,000 jobs for May.

Wednesday’s ADP report “suggests that employment growth slowed sharply in May,” said Joel Prakken, Chairman of Macroeconomic Advisers LLC, which jointly developed the report, adding that Friday's U.S. jobs report for May could disappoint on the heels of the ADP data.

"I'm really expecting Friday's number to disappoint to the downside," Prakken said on a conference call with journalists, referring to the U.S. Labor Department's monthly non-farm payrolls report due out Friday morning.

The ADP figures come ahead of the government's much more comprehensive labor market report on Friday, which includes both public and private sector employment. Economists often refer to the ADP report to fine-tune their expectations for the payrolls numbers, though it is not always accurate in predicting the outcome.

Another report issued Wednesday showed the number of planned layoffs at U.S. firms rose modestly in May with the government and non-profit sectors making up a large portion of the cuts.

Employers announced 37,135 planned job cuts last month, up 1.8 percent from 36,490 in April, according to a report from consultants Challenger, Gray & Christmas, Inc.

May's job cuts were down from the same time a year ago, falling 4.3 percent from the 38,810 job cuts announced in May 2010. For 2011 so far, employers have announced 204,374 cuts, down 20.9 percent from the
first five months of 2010.

"Despite several signs of weakness in the recovery, the continued slow pace of downsizing outside of the government sector suggests that employers do not see these as long-term problems," John Challenger, chief executive officer of Challenger, Gray & Christmas, said in a statement.

"It is unlikely that we will see a sudden resurgence in corporate downsizing in the months ahead unless there is a major shock to the economy," he added.

Cuts in the government and non-profit areas totaled 14,755 and accounted for nearly 40 percent of May's announced layoffs. Even so, the number of cuts was down 11.6 percent from last May.

Hiring plans fell to 10,248 from 59,648 in April, which had been boosted by McDonald's bid to hire 50,000 workers in one day.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43234997/ns/business-stocks_and_economy/

38,000 when they expected 190k+. Hello, depression.

Anyone stupid enough to take a shot at defending this?  :D :D :D :D

Obama = FAILURE.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: andreisdadouche, Obama is kicking your ass!
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 04:30:52 PM »
Friday's number should be a really doozy for sure. 

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011, 05:25:58 PM »

Anyone stupid enough to take a shot at defending this?  :D :D :D :D

I believe the standard claim these days is that it would have been much much worse without the Messiah at the helm.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2011, 05:36:52 PM »
Obama 2012 - it could have been worse. 

MM2K

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2011, 05:44:20 PM »
Personally I think the Republicans are making a mistake to focus so much on medicare right now, but given these numbers, it doesnt look like it will really matter come 2012. Obama will be going into the next election with an unemployment rate that no president has won re-election with. THe highest unemployement rate that a president has been re-elected with was I think 7.3% when Reagan was re-elected in 1984. And the reason he was re-elected in spite of that was because prices were noticably lower, and the unemployment rate had been trending heavily down for the past two years with something like 8% growth in some quarters. No way Obama wins re-election with this. No way, no how.
Jan. Jobs: 36,000!!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2011, 05:47:14 PM »
Its intentional.  The sooner everyone realizes it the better.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2011, 05:56:09 PM »
Obama 2012 - it could have been worse. 

LOL.  Good campaign motto.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2011, 08:12:14 PM »

I believe the standard claim these days is that it would have been much much worse without the Messiah at the helm.

you said it..I didn't

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2011, 08:13:31 PM »
you said it..I didn't

Remember that thread you made directed at 333? How's that working out for you now?

Great Depression status fast approaching! All hands on deck!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2011, 08:15:44 PM »
you said it..I didn't

Yeah you said in one thread you were in near tears at how laudatory it was towards the messiah.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2011, 08:16:31 PM »
Private employers added a meager 38,000 jobs in May
Downbeat ADP data seen as bellwether for government’s monthly jobs report

NEW YORK — Private-sector payroll growth slowed sharply in May, coming in far below expectations and falling to the lowest level in eight months, a report by a payrolls processor showed on Wednesday.

The ADP Employer Services report showed private employers added a scant 38,000 jobs last month, while April private payrolls were revised down to an increase of 177,000 from the previously reported 179,000.

Economists surveyed by Reuters had forecast a gain of 175,000 jobs for May.

Wednesday’s ADP report “suggests that employment growth slowed sharply in May,” said Joel Prakken, Chairman of Macroeconomic Advisers LLC, which jointly developed the report, adding that Friday's U.S. jobs report for May could disappoint on the heels of the ADP data.

"I'm really expecting Friday's number to disappoint to the downside," Prakken said on a conference call with journalists, referring to the U.S. Labor Department's monthly non-farm payrolls report due out Friday morning.

The ADP figures come ahead of the government's much more comprehensive labor market report on Friday, which includes both public and private sector employment. Economists often refer to the ADP report to fine-tune their expectations for the payrolls numbers, though it is not always accurate in predicting the outcome.

Another report issued Wednesday showed the number of planned layoffs at U.S. firms rose modestly in May with the government and non-profit sectors making up a large portion of the cuts.

Employers announced 37,135 planned job cuts last month, up 1.8 percent from 36,490 in April, according to a report from consultants Challenger, Gray & Christmas, Inc.

May's job cuts were down from the same time a year ago, falling 4.3 percent from the 38,810 job cuts announced in May 2010. For 2011 so far, employers have announced 204,374 cuts, down 20.9 percent from the
first five months of 2010.

"Despite several signs of weakness in the recovery, the continued slow pace of downsizing outside of the government sector suggests that employers do not see these as long-term problems," John Challenger, chief executive officer of Challenger, Gray & Christmas, said in a statement.

"It is unlikely that we will see a sudden resurgence in corporate downsizing in the months ahead unless there is a major shock to the economy," he added.

Cuts in the government and non-profit areas totaled 14,755 and accounted for nearly 40 percent of May's announced layoffs. Even so, the number of cuts was down 11.6 percent from last May.

Hiring plans fell to 10,248 from 59,648 in April, which had been boosted by McDonald's bid to hire 50,000 workers in one day.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43234997/ns/business-stocks_and_economy/

38,000 when they expected 190k+. Hello, depression.

Anyone stupid enough to take a shot at defending this?  :D :D :D :D

Obama = FAILURE.

This is actually a good post..very informative....certainly not good news.....I can't defend the numbers.....what I will say however is that when I use the same numbers from the same institution, I hope it won't be met with "oh they are just skewing the numbers on purpose to make Obama look good".

I still don't see how all of the above can be tied to Obama but I have to admit he has to begin taking responsibility for it...can't keep blaming bush forever

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2011, 08:18:25 PM »

The USS Economy, captained by the God-King, Piglosi and Reid.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2011, 08:19:11 PM »
Remember that thread you made directed at 333? How's that working out for you now?

Great Depression status fast approaching! All hands on deck!

Hey it was based on what was going on at the time.....I really thought that was the start of good news for the economy...I guess I was ahead of myself.....I still think things will get better

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2011, 08:20:05 PM »

The USS Economy, captained by the God-King, Piglosi and Reid.

and what would the repubs do differently????

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2011, 08:21:07 PM »
Hey it was based on what was going on at the time.....I really thought that was the start of good news for the economy...I guess I was ahead of myself.....I still think things will get better

It will once the messiah is gone. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2011, 08:22:14 PM »
and what would the repubs do differently????

No obamacare, no NLRB madness, no EPA madness, no tax insanity, etc etc. 

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2011, 08:22:59 PM »
It will once the messiah is gone. 

ha...whose gonna make it better??>..Palin???...not running...Trump???..not running..all scared

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2011, 08:24:08 PM »
ha...whose gonna make it better??>..Palin???...not running...Trump???..not running..all scared

Mad doff vandersloot would be ok by me. 

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2011, 08:25:48 PM »

you don't like Jews..remember???

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2011, 08:26:14 PM »

;D

Let's be completely honest. Could they really do any worse?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2011, 08:26:45 PM »
you don't like Jews..remember???

My gf is Jewish.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2011, 08:29:03 PM »
My gf is Jewish.

does she see what you post about her people????

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2011, 08:33:52 PM »
does she see what you post about her people????

I tell her to her face that liberal Jews are a disgrace.  She and her family are right wingers and hate Obama.  She has 5 guns herself, shoots, works, and can't stand the parasites. 

MM2K

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2011, 08:43:07 PM »

I think it is safe to say that either Romney or Pawlenty would do a far better job.
Jan. Jobs: 36,000!!

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2011, 09:36:03 PM »
I think it is safe to say that either Romney or Pawlenty would do a far better job.

its safe to say they will lose as well