Author Topic: Obama keeping promise to bankrupt the coal industry and skyrocket energy costs  (Read 45471 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
where in the article does Obama say:  "I promise to bankrupt the coal industry"

::)

The article shows that he is enacting policies and regulations that

1)  will bankrupt the coal industry and throw HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OUT OF WORK

AND

2) skyrocket electric rates

both of which he promised before the election.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
The article shows that he is enacting policies and regulations that

1)  will bankrupt the coal industry and throw HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OUT OF WORK

AND

2) skyrocket electric rates

both of which he promised before the election.

Show me where he said:  I promise to bankrupt the coal industry. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
Now, your title should have said:

"Obama's policies designed to bankrupt coal industry."

Then the last 4 pages of this thread wouldn't be needed.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Show me where he said:  I promise to bankrupt the coal industry. 

Watch the clips!       

OzmO

• Getbig V
Watch the clips!       

I watched one already and it failed to provided a quote that matched your thread title.  therefore, i will not watch another and because you will not simply provide a time code i will conclude you can not back up your shit.

Provide a time code!  But you can't because Obama never promised to bankrupt the coal did he?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
I watched one already and it failed to provided a quote that matched your thread title.  therefore, i will not watch another and because you will not simply provide a time code i will conclude you can not back up your shit.

Provide a time code!  But you can't because Obama never promised to bankrupt the coal did he?

Watch the clips - they are not long.   They are in his own words. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
Watch the clips - they are not long.   They are in his own words. 

whose words?  yours or his?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Even Pat Cadelle, a democrat under Carter - is utterly shocked at the obama promise to bankrupt the coal industry.   I guess ozmo knows more than him too.   ::)  ::)

OzmO

• Getbig V
Even Pat Cadelle, a democrat under Carter - is utterly shocked at the obama promise to bankrupt the coal industry.   I guess ozmo knows more than him too.   ::)  ::)

I do know more,  show me and Pat where Obama says:  "I promise to bankrupt the coal industry."

PS:  i want to see him say it. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
I do know more,  show me and Pat where Obama says:  "I promise to bankrupt the coal industry."

PS:  i want to see him say it. 

WATCH THE DAMN CLIP! 

OzmO

• Getbig V
WATCH THE DAMN CLIP! 

No.  I have watched one already and as with that stupid birth certificate clip with that dumb ass old lady it didn't come close to being what you said it was it was. 

So based on YOUR track record i do not need to waste time watching a clip that likely does not quote Obama saying:  "I promise to bankrupt the coal industry"  I will however, listen to it if you provide a time code where he says it. 

Which it seems you can't and therefore your thread title is inaccurate and a lie.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
No.  I have watched one already and as with that stupid birth certificate clip with that dumb ass old lady it didn't come close to being what you said it was it was. 

So based on YOUR track record i do not need to waste time watching a clip that likely does not quote Obama saying:  "I promise to bankrupt the coal industry"  I will however, listen to it if you provide a time code where he says it. 

Which it seems you can't and therefore your thread title is inaccurate and a lie.

My track record?    Bro - you voted for this shit! 

James

Audio: Obama Tells SF Chronicle He Will Bankrupt Coal Industry

"So if somebody wants to build a coal-powered plant, they can; it's just that it will bankrupt them because they're going to be charged a huge sum for all that greenhouse gas that's being emitted"

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/p-j-gladnick/2008/11/02/hidden-audio-obama-tells-sf-chronicle-he-will-bankrupt-coal-industry#ixzz1OoJO65TL

OzmO

• Getbig V
Audio: Obama Tells SF Chronicle He Will Bankrupt Coal Industry

"So if somebody wants to build a coal-powered plant, they can; it's just that it will bankrupt them because they're going to be charged a huge sum for all that greenhouse gas that's being emitted"

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/p-j-gladnick/2008/11/02/hidden-audio-obama-tells-sf-chronicle-he-will-bankrupt-coal-industry#ixzz1OoJO65TL

That is not equal to "I promise to bankrupt the coal industry".  the thread title should read:  Obama policies make it infeasible to build new coal plants or Obama says policies will bankrupt new coal plants.

And this is good.  

Coal needs to go!

(not all at once, in a 20-30 year period)

OzmO

• Getbig V
My track record?    Bro - you voted for this shit! 

I voted for your lies?   ::)

OzmO

• Getbig V
Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
That is not equal to "I promise to bankrupt the coal industry".  the thread title should read:  Obama policies make it infeasible to build new coal plants or Obama says policies will bankrupt new coal plants.

And this is good.  

Coal needs to go!

(not all at once, in a 20-30 year period)

You are playing word games when the sum and substance of the statements, the policies, the programs, etc are clear as day.    

OzmO

• Getbig V
You are playing word games when the sum and substance of the statements, the policies, the programs, etc are clear as day.    

No, you are playing words games.   ::)

Your stupid gay ass spin job exposed. 

again. 

Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
No, you are playing words games.   ::)

Your stupid gay ass spin job exposed. 

again. 

Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go! Coal must go!

Like I said - put it up for a general vote.   

OzmO

• Getbig V
Just think 33333,

If you had said:  "Obama never promised to bankrupt the coal industry but his policies are clearly aimed at bankrupting them."

I would have agreed.  lol

BUT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOO

You had to keep up with your GAY ASSS SPIN JOB!

OzmO

• Getbig V

Like I said - put it up for a general vote.   

I could give a rat ass about a general vote.  Obama either promised to bankrupt the coal industry or he didn't.  plain as that.  If he did show me the quote. 

Until then you got nothing.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Just think 33333,

If you had said:  "Obama never promised to bankrupt the coal industry but his policies are clearly aimed at bankrupting them."

I would have agreed.  lol

BUT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOO

You had to keep up with your GAY ASSS SPIN JOB!

When some promises to jack my electric rates, jack the costs of energy, and bankrupt coal companies building plants, the message is loud and clearto all but a tiny fringe element unwilling to see the reality of the situation.  

OzmO

• Getbig V

When some promises to jack my electric rates, jack the costs of energy, and bankrupt coal companies building plants, the message is loud and clearto all but a tiny fringe element unwilling to see the reality of the situation.  

Did Obama promise to bankrupt the coal industry?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Did Obama promise to bankrupt the coal industry?

Yes!  Watch the clips!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Obama Coal Crackdown Sends Message to Industry
By Doug McKelway
Published January 17, 2011

________________________ _______

A move by the Environmental Protection Agency to revoke the long-standing permits for a mammoth coal mine in West Virginia sends a strong signal that President Obama plans to implement key parts of his agenda even though newly empowered Republicans can block his plans in Congress.

In the aftermath of the November elections, many political pundits predicted that the once-unchecked Obama legislative machine would turn it's energies to federal rulemaking as a way to circumvent Republicans on Capitol Hill. And the EPA’s decision last week suggests that those forecasts were spot-on.

Much to the consternation of the West Virginia delegation in Congress, the coal industry, and the working people of the Mountain State, the agency took the unprecedented step of revoking a mining permit that it had issued four years ago to Arch Coal’s Spruce No. 1 Mine in Logan County, West Virginia.

The revocation prompted unusually harsh responses from West Virginia's two Democratic Senators.

Sen. Jay Rockefeller sent the president a letter which read, in part: "I am writing to express my outrage with the Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) decision to veto a rigorously reviewed and lawfully issued permit at the Spruce Number 1 Mine in Logan County, West Virginia. This action not only affects this specific permit, but needlessly throws other permits into a sea of uncertainty at a time of great economic distress."

Sen. Joe Manchin issued a statement which appeared to mock the EPA's permitting process.

"According to the EPA, it doesn't matter if you did everything right, if you followed all of the rules,” Manchin wrote. “Why? They just change the rules."

There are many critics of Appalachian surface mining, called “mountaintop removal.” The practice uses heavy explosives to expose seams of coal in the ridges of Southern West Virginia, Eastern Kentucky and Western Virginia. After the demolition crews flatten out the ridge tops into plateaus.

Critics claim that by changing the topography of the ridges of the coalfields, the practice is robbing mountaineers of their heritage. Environmentalists also claim that the rock and rubble from the mines kills fish, wildlife and pollutes water.

Indeed, it was a violation of the Clean Water Act, that prompted the EPA to revoke the permit at the Spruce No. 1 Mine.

"The agency took this action because this proposed mine would use destructive and unsustainable mining practices that jeopardize the health of Appalachian communities and clean water on which they depend,” read the agency’s statement.

The coal industry defends the mining practices and the reclamation efforts that they say leaves usable land for development in the cramped hollows of Appalachia. But the central argument against the EPA’s move is about jobs.

"It's just the arrogance of the EPA,” said Bill Raney of the West Virginia Coal Association. “The people in Logan County want the permit. It's important to the company. It's critically important to Logan County."

The environmental concerns over surface mining were well-known when the EPA first issued the permit in 2007. Since that time, Arch Coal has made millions of dollars in infrastructure investments in the mine, perhaps the largest ever in the region --investments which are now threatened by the EPA permit revocation.

" I don't think it's the American way," says Brad Blakeman, an advisor to former President George W. Bush. "I don’t think we rule retro-actively when businesses invested a lot of money, legally, in a permitting system that was certainly above board and they followed every rule and procedure that EPA had at the time and now to be told after-the-fact that this is now improper or legal, I think is wrong.”

Blakeman says it sends a chilling message to other industries about the power of the Federal government. He suggests that it will be up to the other two branches of our government , the courts and the Congress to decide whether the EPA's revocation of this permit , and perhaps others, stands.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/01/17/obama-coal-crackdown-sends-message-industry/#ixzz1OoOgSLxB

________________________ _____________

Bankrupting and putting te industry out of business.