Author Topic: why hasnt science found the right way for max mucle yet?  (Read 1656 times)

slaver

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
why hasnt science found the right way for max mucle yet?
« on: June 21, 2011, 09:10:28 PM »
it it because the science is that it takes drug?

rest is bs

once on drug do whatever?

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
Re: why hasnt science found the right way for max mucle yet?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 01:44:53 PM »
it has, kinda. mix of low reps and high reps. high frequency. make sure to take rest days. keep intensity low enough to avoid overtraining but high enough to stimulate growth. focus on progressive overload while using good form. listen to your body and back off when you need to.

chess315

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2011, 10:14:13 PM »
well science wise it is starting to belive any rational training program will get you to your genetic max in less then 5 yrs coupled with good diet. for naturals I am a big beliver in training fairly heavy and low volume like the old 1960 routines. Nasa belives full body routines are the best for natural muscle building. why does nasa care because muscle wasting is one of the biggest problems with inter stellar travel.
nasa idea looks something like reg parks or marvin eders workout this is not exact but from memory half assed
around a solid warm up and set 1-2 sets each to near faliure
squat
bench
row
chin
overhead press

I tend to think that is prolly the best workout a natural could do to reach gentic max in the fastes possible time prolly cycling reps from 5-10 peridoically I have tried it and that what I would tell anyone that to do if they started working out thats what I do if I quit for several months to regain my lost mass. Notice the workout is similar to the casey viator colorado expermient workout to where he regained all his muscle in 30days

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2011, 09:58:23 AM »
it has, kinda. mix of low reps and high reps. high frequency. make sure to take rest days. keep intensity low enough to avoid overtraining but high enough to stimulate growth. focus on progressive overload while using good form. listen to your body and back off when you need to.

nope, thats just your opinion....  you dont beleive in going to failure, its working for you, great.. many other dont agree with this, including me

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2011, 11:06:26 PM »
nope, thats just your opinion....  you dont beleive in going to failure, its working for you, great.. many other dont agree with this, including me
did i say in my post not to go to failure?  i said intensity should be high enough to stimulate growth but low enough so you dont overtrain..   that leaves room for any routine that yeilds results..  failure, non failure, whatever..

slaver

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2011, 01:31:12 PM »
but why no study

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2011, 01:57:14 PM »
but why no study
way too many variables to isolate.. plus its kind of an individual thing... certain general rules apply, like the ones i mentioned.. but outside of that each person will find a different optimal routine.. and even then that will change with time as periodization is necessary to continue progressing at that pace..