Author Topic: Jon Delarosa and Victor Martinez one week before the USAs - video  (Read 10946 times)

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
Re: Jon Delarosa and Victor Martinez one week before the USAs - video
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2011, 03:37:50 AM »
why the hate about him?... he works a hands on job, isnt a prick, loves bodybuilding and is quite good at it..

onemorerep, your a very bitter/negative individual!
his husband is mean to him so he takes it out on getbig

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2011, 04:48:56 AM »
why the hate about him?... he works a hands on job, isnt a prick, loves bodybuilding and is quite good at it..

onemorerep, your a very bitter/negative individual!

There isn't an ounce of hate towards Delarosa in any of my posts.

Reread my posts and if you can find hate towards him, please let me know.  If you can't find them, reassess your statements.

"1"

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2011, 05:22:53 AM »
The truly sad part to all of this is that this kid has no idea what he is trying to get himself into.

There is NO money in being an IFBB pro, unless you either make it to be a top tier pro consistently landing top 5 placings in all major contests thereby garnering you many sponsorships OR you learn to hustle in the industry. 

What does hustling consist of?  Selling steroids, narcotics, recreational drugs, doing Gay-4-Pay, holding workout sessions with schmoes and many other things I don't want to mention.

Victor should know better.  Instead of mentoring this kid into losing his present career (Regardless of it being an elevator technician), he should motivate this kid towards working for a degree or solid trade.  It surprises me that the kid's girlfriend is a Nurse and instead of obviously telling the guy about the troubles of messing with illegal hormones and a career leading nowhere, she is instead slaving away in a kitchen making ridiculous amounts of meals for an overgrown behemoth.

The most ridiculous portion of this video is when this kid states that during his shift he diligently carries around a cooler with various meals and water in order to stay on top of his dietary needs.  That is bullshit.  There is no need to be that anal about meals when you are on the amount of drugs that these guys are using.

This is a sad case.  Someone needs to talk some sense into this kid..
"1"

Im going to have to respectfully disagree with your assessment, my friend...

You say he has no idea what he's getting himself into...what would that be, exactly?  He already has MHP and MD behind him, and Victor helping him as well....Victor, who has done pretty well himself financially...

He never makes any statements of quitting his job, or delusions of grandeur...just that he has a goal.

You then seem to give him two options...be a top 5 pro and make the big buck....or be hustled into the seedy underworld of G4P, etc....how about he continues to work AND competes at the same time....as many others have done? There is no guarantee he wins the USA, or turns pro anytime soon (trust me, I know a little about this subject...) He never makes any ridiculous statements, or seems to be unrealistic in the video...

As for bringing his food and water to the job...lol...pretty much standard procedure if youre going to contend for the top prize...why would you view that as "pathetic" rather than "dedicated"? If you think being on steroids is a substitute for getting a hot dog and a beer after sweating your ass off in an elevator shaft for 6 hours...I've got news for you...it isnt. AAS isnt a substitute for cardio, or clean eating, or training...

You're usually pretty spot on your posts...on this, you're way off base and make a lot of assumptions which he never even eludes to...

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2011, 05:41:28 AM »

You say he has no idea what he's getting himself into...what would that be, exactly?  He already has MHP and MD behind him, and Victor helping him as well....Victor, who has done pretty well himself financially...

He never makes any statements of quitting his job, or delusions of grandeur...just that he has a goal.

You then seem to give him two options...be a top 5 pro and make the big buck....or be hustled into the seedy underworld of G4P, etc....how about he continues to work AND competes at the same time....as many others have done? There is no guarantee he wins the USA, or turns pro anytime soon (trust me, I know a little about this subject...) He never makes any ridiculous statements, or seems to be unrealistic in the video...

As for bringing his food and water to the job...lol...pretty much standard procedure if youre going to contend for the top prize...why would you view that as "pathetic" rather than "dedicated"? If you think being on steroids is a substitute for getting a hot dog and a beer after sweating your ass off in an elevator shaft for 6 hours...I've got news for you...it isnt. AAS isnt a substitute for cardio, or clean eating, or training...

You're usually pretty spot on your posts...on this, you're way off base and make a lot of assumptions which he never even eludes to...

Really, what's his status exactly? He clearly was making enough to avoid dealing and making a lil' jail stint, right?

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2011, 05:42:07 AM »
Elevator repairmen can make good money--many are making 6 figs---more than they would as a run of mill bbing Pro...

LOL  :o

And people wonder why jobs are fleeing away from USofA  ;D

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2011, 05:56:20 AM »
Really, what's his status exactly? He clearly was making enough to avoid dealing and making a lil' jail stint, right?

One has nothing to do with the other...He's had contracts with MHP and MD for YEARS....not to mention prize money, guest appearances, and other businesses he's had a part in

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2011, 06:02:35 AM »
One has nothing to do with the other...He's had contracts with MHP and MD for YEARS....not to mention prize money, guest appearances, and other businesses he's had a part in

That means he's making some kind of money. There's a big difference with doing well financially. Everyone who's got a job makes money aven if that is very little money in the end. How come in other "sport"s what the athletes make is headline news but nobody really knows what Bbers make? Specially that the "investment" needed for pros to be pros is not taken' into account.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2011, 06:05:47 AM »
That means he's making some kind of money. There's a big difference with doing well financially. Everyone who's got a job makes money aven if that is very little money in the end. How come in other "sport"s what the athletes make is headline news but nobody really knows what Bbers make? Specially that the "investment" needed for pros to be pros is not taken' into account.

So, whats the point youre trying to make? 

Bernie Madoff was a MILLIONAIRE...didnt stop him from continuing his schemes, did it?

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2011, 06:08:03 AM »
Very strange comparison. Madoff was a crook from the start. Is that a giveaway of how you see Pro Bbers?

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2011, 06:16:50 AM »
Very strange comparison. Madoff was a crook from the start. Is that a giveaway of how you see Pro Bbers?

He wasnt a crook from the start, he got greedy and thought he could get away with pretty much anything given his status in the industry....and did, for a very long time.

Just because people are making a good dollar, doesnt preclude them from making poor decisions and being greedy...

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2011, 06:26:06 AM »
He wasnt a crook from the start, he got greedy and thought he could get away with pretty much anything given his status in the industry....and did, for a very long time.

Just because people are making a good dollar, doesnt preclude them from making poor decisions and being greedy...

Well, you know as I know that that's an extremely relative notion. One man's......Considering all the shady things that have been revealed about Pro Bbing, notably on this board, it's always a bit weird to hear you stating that those shady activities (drug dealing, G4P, etc...) have nothing to do with Bbing per say but are only the works of poor individual decisions. But you've got your own situation to protect which is perfectly understandable.

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2011, 07:14:41 AM »

If you think being on steroids is a substitute for getting a hot dog and a beer after sweating your ass off in an elevator shaft for 6 hours...I've got news for you...it isnt. AAS isnt a substitute for cardio, or clean eating, or training...

I agree ! That's why you take GH ! ;D

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2011, 07:19:06 AM »
Well, you know as I know that that's an extremely relative notion. One man's......Considering all the shady things that have been revealed about Pro Bbing, notably on this board, it's always a bit weird to hear you stating that those shady activities (drug dealing, G4P, etc...) have nothing to do with Bbing per say but are only the works of poor individual decisions. But you've got your own situation to protect which is perfectly understandable.

"My own situation to protect...."  what are you talking about?

There is a "shady" part to any industry...financial, movie, music, sports, etc...just because a few decide to do questionable things, doesnt make it the norm...the are plenty that have legitimate jobs, raise families, make an honest living...but thats of little interest to most of the trolls here...and much less to feed into their vivid imaginations...

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2011, 07:20:58 AM »
"My own situation to protect...."  what are you talking about?

There is a "shady" part to any industry...financial, movie, music, sports, etc...just because a few decide to do questionable things, doesnt make it the norm...the are plenty that have legitimate jobs, raise families, make an honest living...but thats of little interest to most of the trolls here...and much less to feed into their vivid imaginations...

You know exactly what i'm talking about.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2011, 07:25:25 AM »
Chick how much do you think the top guys spend on drugs just to get ready for the big shows like the O and arnold - AAS, GH, Slin(cheap) peptides,opiates,other narcotics etc etc.

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2011, 07:33:38 AM »
Chick how much do you think the top guys spend on drugs just to get ready for the big shows like the O and arnold - AAS, GH, Slin(cheap) peptides,opiates,other narcotics etc etc.

As if Chick will wholeheartedly answer this.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2011, 07:37:23 AM »
As if Chick will wholeheartedly answer this.
We will triple it of course  ;D

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2011, 07:42:46 AM »

Nothing wrong with that Robert, always a pleasure to discuss these types of topics amongst friends.

You say he has no idea what he's getting himself into...what would that be, exactly?  He already has MHP and MD behind him, and Victor helping him as well....Victor, who has done pretty well himself financially..

Robert, this kid is NOT you or Victor.  While he does have MHP and MD behind him, they certainly aren't paying him the type of money that they would pay you or even Victor (When he does place high).  It's all about how marketable an athlete can be and how much money they can also bring the sponsor in return and this young man isn't too high on the IFBB foodchain to be capable of bringing in fans, money etc..  

I agree.  That's why I have stressed through many of my posts thus far, that he is a genuine kid with a good heart.

Even if he does continue to work hard and competes, that is no guarantee that he will make a decent living from the combination of the two.  The amount of money that is spent monthly on steroids and other things, like food, can take a toll on the meager salary he will be receiving from competition and sponsorships.  While he can certainly continue to work as an elevator technician, lets face it, it isn't necessarily a Mark Dugdale-esque career that will truly allow him to make REAL money and live comfortably.

As for bringing his food and water to the job...lol...pretty much standard procedure if youre going to contend for the top prize...why would you view that as "pathetic" rather than "dedicated"? If you think being on steroids is a substitute for getting a hot dog and a beer after sweating your ass off in an elevator shaft for 6 hours...I've got news for you...it isnt. AAS isnt a substitute for cardio, or clean eating, or training.

I don't think that being on steroids will be a substitute for cardio or solid training (Which most professional bodybuilders don't do as much as they or EVEN you used to when in competition), but I do feel pretty certain that the use of GH has allowed for a sloppier diet to be employed when training.  I could be wrong, but I have seen many of the NYC pros eating their share of McDonald's & pizzas even while prepping for a show.

You are correct in that I am making assumptions that he did not necessarily make.  I am making these assumptions because I've seen the troubles that these men TRULY run into once they enter this so-called lifestyle and start to realize that there isn't a safe financial future ahead of them.

Victor is a very nice guy and I appreciate the fact that he has taken a liking to this young man, but Victor knows VERY well about the types of issues that "pros" can run into when it comes to money, especially when they aren't going to be a top tier pro.

There aren't many men that make GREAT money in this sport and you know that.  If you're a top five guy and have various sponsorships (the combination of which might get you close to or over 100K), plus a good number of high placing and/or wins, then yes, you can make decent money.

If you're a solid business man (i.e. Robert Michael and especially Shawn Ray), then yes you can make decent money, because you are HIGHLY marketable and can serve as a spokesperson for the sport.  A figurehead that most supplement companies, targetting young youths looking into bodybuilding, would gladly invest money into because when you SPEAK, it is convincing.  Most pros are not as well spoken as Shawn Ray or even Robert Michael, but they always think that someone will "pick" them up and give them money for a few pictures and for showing up to a few booths throughout the year.

Again, Robert, I don't mind being disagreed with, but there is more that I am not saying (purposely), that I know you have seen over the decades involved within this sport.

"1"

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2011, 07:47:24 AM »
OneMoreRep is right. I agree 100 % with his posts in this thread.

x2

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2011, 02:19:49 PM »

Why do you bother with these jealous bitches, they have 16 in arms and have never seen their abs....and although they live on bodybuilding forums 24-7 for years they still can't understand that competitive bodybuilding is drivan by passion not money

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: July 27, 2011, 02:40:47 PM »
Why do you bother with these jealous bitches, they have 16 in arms and have never seen their abs....and

I'm sorry friend, but I am not sure if your reference was made towards me.  

With regards to having 16 inch arms and never seeing my abs, I actually used to work out with Victor, Jason arntz and Kamali back in Johnny Lats Gym, Steel Gym AND also for the entire 2 years that Victor had his own gym.  I have arms that range between 18-20 inches depending on the type of weight and bodyfat that I carry and I see my abs at least 6 months out of the year, sometimes even less.  If you're going to say the old, "Pictures to prove it", I've posted many pictures throughout the years with Victor, Jason Arntz, Kamali and a few others to prove my size in comparison.

they live on bodybuilding forums 24-7 for years they still can't understand that competitive bodybuilding is drivan by passion not money

Regarding living on a forum 24/7, I actually work for a very large financial firm doing institutional trading, while holding together 3 outside family businesses that handle the accounting needs for many small-to-medium sized businesses across New York City.

Oh and regarding the competitive nature that is driven by passion and not money, I understand that, but in REAL LIFE passion doesn't pay the bills, money does.  

If you guys want to live out of your Tupperware container year round, that's fine..

Like I said, I have been there with some of these guys during their hard times, when their finances have been through the gutter and someone needed to bail them out by filling out their tax forms due to tax evasion and heavy fines.  I've sat with these guys countless times when their lives have gone upside down due to drug-related (Steroids, Street Drugs etc..) arrests and a criminal record that has not allowed them to get any odd jobs on the side to make rent.

Passion won't save you from life's hardships..
"1"

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2011, 02:50:58 PM »
Why do you bother with these jealous bitches, they have 16 in arms and have never seen their abs

Also, while I am not sure whether or not you thought this comment out, it really holds no favor in terms of your argument.

Please understand, that I don't mean this with any offense towards you, since I don't know you, but the size of your arms or the visibility of your abs means nothing in the real world.  Joe Weider, Arnold, most of the top men in supplement companies and all the heads of the IFBB have abs that you can't see and at this point arms that fall short of 16 inches, but you better bet your ass that Bob and the rest of the pros listen in very carefully to what these "big" men say.

That's as if I were to say, "Why does society bother with these overgrown behemoths, that with their 20-inch arms and visible abs are solely capable of just lifting things up to put them down, but have clearly never lifted up a book for their own edification and have very little savings or actual property to justify their place in this world?"

That would be an asshole comment to make and in my opinion isn't true, but really it's easily comparable to your comment about 16 inch arms and visible abs.

"1"

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: July 27, 2011, 03:04:53 PM »
You know exactly what i'm talking about.

No...actually I don't.  Why don't you  just spell it out for all of us?

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #49 on: July 27, 2011, 03:40:29 PM »
Also, while I am not sure whether or not you thought this comment out, it really holds no favor in terms of your argument.

Please understand, that I don't mean this with any offense towards you, since I don't know you, but the size of your arms or the visibility of your abs means nothing in the real world.  Joe Weider, Arnold, most of the top men in supplement companies and all the heads of the IFBB have abs that you can't see and at this point arms that fall short of 16 inches, but you better bet your ass that Bob and the rest of the pros listen in very carefully to what these "big" men say.

That's as if I were to say, "Why does society bother with these overgrown behemoths, that with their 20-inch arms and visible abs are solely capable of just lifting things up to put them down, but have clearly never lifted up a book for their own edification and have very little savings or actual property to justify their place in this world?"

That would be an asshole comment to make and in my opinion isn't true, but really it's easily comparable to your comment about 16 inch arms and visible abs.

"1"

First, you don't need to be a hero and spend a fraction of your life trying to save the bodybuilding community from their "curse" It's non of your business that someone else has the desire to challenge themselves and take their body to the extreme because they like bodybuilding

second, your argument about money is dumb, no one gets into bodybuilding for money, and if you can't afford to do so then, once again it's non of your business, go tell the average person with an average income not to spend money an a corvette, or don't take a vacation cause they can't afford it, or don't pay for a hobby cause it is out of their income range.

third, all kinds of dangerous activities people do out there because it's sooths the soul, people like risk, people like extreme, and bbq's and super bowl simply don't cut it for some, do you see how big of an idiot I would be to go on a dirt bike site and tell them they are stupid cause all the harmful aspects associated with dirt bikes, or skiing or mountain climbing, or boxing, or...you get the picture'

I just don't understand your post without thinking that you have an agenda, a hatred towards bodybuilding while spending time on a bodybuilding site...what are you trying to accomplish... do you think people will think twice about bodybuilding based on your insight or are you rambling out of jealousy cause you try to look like some of these guys but couldn't cut it....fill me in on what motivates you to taking time off your successful life (as stated above in your post) to post how shameful a bodybuilders lifestyle is.

one more thing, what is your opinion on how hard this individual works on a daily basis, dieting, working, training, surely you can recognize the commitment, discipline hardship that goes with it?