Author Topic: Rick Perry's College Transcript: A Lot Of Cs And Ds  (Read 6998 times)

BayGBM

• Getbig V
Rick Perry's College Transcript: A Lot Of Cs And Ds
« on: August 06, 2011, 02:25:20 PM »
Rick Perry's College Transcript: A Lot Of Cs And Ds

WASHINGTON -- As governor of Texas, Rick Perry has pursued a controversial agenda that would gut Texas' vaunted public university system in favor of something that more closely resembles a business.

As the Washington Post reported on Thursday, professors have been ranked according to how profitable they were to the university. Previous reports suggested Perry wanted to treat students as "customers" and tie teacher bonuses to anonymous student evaluations.

One reason that might explain his hostility toward the system: He didn't do very well in it. A source in Texas passed The Huffington Post Perry's transcripts from his years at Texas A&M University. The future politician did not distinguish himself much in the classroom. While he later became a student leader, he had to get out of academic probation to do so. He rarely earned anything above a C in his courses -- earning a C in U.S. History, a D in Shakespeare, and a D in the principles of economics. Perry got a C in gym.

Perry also did poorly on classes within his animal science major. In fall semester 1970, he received a D in veterinary anatomy, a F in a second course on organic chemistry and a C in animal breeding. He did get an A in world military systems and “Improv. of Learning” -- his only two As while at A&M.

"A&M wasn't exactly Harvard on the Brazos River," recalled a Perry classmate in an interview with The Huffington Post. "This was not the brightest guy around. We always kind of laughed. He was always kind of a joke."

A spokesperson for the governor recently told the Texas Tribune that the university "helped shape who he is today." The governor’s office did not return a request for comment from The Huffington Post.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/05/rick-perry-college-transcript_n_919357.html?view=print&comm_ref=false

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Rick Perry's College Transcript: A Lot Of Cs And Ds
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2011, 02:29:11 PM »
And where are Obama's records?   

Oh, thats' right . . . . .

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
  • THE most mistaken identity on getbig
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2011, 02:36:34 PM »
 :-\

dumb guy

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2011, 02:44:09 PM »

At Harvard Law School, Obama graduated Magna Cum Laude, which, according to the Havard Law School website, is awarded to the top 10% of Harvard Law School students.

Don't think he was making C's and D's..... ::)
A

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2011, 02:46:04 PM »
At Harvard Law School, Obama graduated Magna Cum Laude, which, according to the Havard Law School website, is awarded to the top 10% of Harvard Law School students.

unless 90% of harvard law students make F's

:D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2011, 02:46:30 PM »

Really?  

obama said himself he was a bad student in college.   How did he get in to Harvard again?  

Oh thats right.  

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2011, 02:48:16 PM »
Really?  

obama said himself he was a bad student in college.   How did he get in to Harvard again?  

Oh thats right.  

translation: "I'm bitter because I couldn't get in"

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2011, 02:51:22 PM »
translation: "I'm bitter because I couldn't get in"

::) 

Watch the clip jackass.   

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2011, 03:05:51 PM »
Really?  

Oh thats right.  

I have no clue why you posted that video for but I've never heard Obama state that he was a bad student.  Harvard doesn't give out good grades because you're black or some color, you have to earn those grades.   

The only thing I've even seen is that has A.B degree in political science was without honors, meaning that he had a GPA of less than 3.3 which could be due to him goofing off in his freshman years like a lot of student or whatever.  However since he was hired by BIC after graduating, his grades obviously weren't C's and D's or otherwise they would not have hired him.

Ultimately, he graduated from Harvard Law School w/ honors and that's what matters as his job prior to taking any office was an attorney....same as his wife Michelle.

As far as Rick Perry's grades are concerned and from what I understand, he's prob the type of guy I would have hung out with.  Putting M-80 firecrackers in toilets and live chickens in people's closet must have been a riot.
A

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2011, 03:07:15 PM »
Wrong jackass - a 3.3 does not get you into Havard law - and what was his LSAT score?

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2011, 03:08:24 PM »
Wrong jackass - a 3.3 does not get you into Havard law - and what was his LSAT score?

Its Harvard...bro... ::)
A

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2011, 03:10:33 PM »
Its Harvard...bro... ::)

So? 

A 3.3 GPA is not sufficient for Harvard Law unless

1.  Affirmative action 

2.  special Favors from Saudi master like Khlaid Al mansour 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2011, 03:14:05 PM »
So? 

1.  Affirmative action 

LOL - I'd love to know where you found that idea.  Did his Saudi master know he would be POTUS someday too?

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2011, 03:14:50 PM »
So? 

1.  Affirmative action 

::)
A

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2011, 03:16:21 PM »
So? 

A 3.3 GPA is not sufficient for Harvard Law  

Sorry Vince but 3333 is right, 3.3 isn't enough. Unless he scored very very high on the lsat....but wait...he would have took the lsat before the change over to the 120-180 scale, right? I'm not sure how the old score converts to the 120-180 scale. But now, a 170+ is required for harvard law.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2011, 03:35:01 PM »
Sorry Vince but 3333 is right, 3.3 isn't enough. Unless he scored very very high on the lsat....but wait...he would have took the lsat before the change over to the 120-180 scale, right? I'm not sure how the old score converts to the 120-180 scale. But now, a 170+ is required for harvard law.

I don't know the scale neither but getting admission into any college has a lot more to do with just grades and LSAT scores.  Lets not forget that he enter Harvard at the age of 27 in 1988 after working for many years as a community organizer so work experience and references would definitely factor into the equation.  Whatever it may be, it was crystal clear that he make high marks at Harvard Law School to graduate magna cum laude in the top 10% of his class as well as become the first class president of the Harvard Law Review to be black. 

But here's all you need to know from the Harvard website.  I've posted Michelle's bio as well to piss 333386 off a bit more...... ;D

http://www.law.harvard.edu/news/obama-at-hls.html

http://www.law.harvard.edu/news/michelle-obama-at-hls.html   

A

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2011, 04:06:35 PM »
Sadly, I have had many students like this over the years.  Would I vote for them?  Um, no.  ::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2011, 04:10:28 PM »
What state is in better shape - Illinois or Texas? 

From what i can tell so far - Perrynomics is a lot better than obamanomics. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2011, 04:46:27 PM »
LMFAO, this is what obama was talking about when he said "dont go into details" to his supporters...

LMFAO, so our credit rating get lowered, record amounts of debt, sky high unemployment, no fixes for any of the major problems, no end in sight and you tools want to talk about perry?

hahahhahahahahah doesnt get any more team knee pad than this idiocy...

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2011, 04:48:09 PM »
here you go vincent, go respond to the idiocy in this thread before moving on to the next...

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=391015.0

same goes for you gayway...

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=390843.0

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2011, 07:01:13 PM »
 You libs really deserve to have forced lobotomies.

WHO GIVES A FLYING FUCK WHAT HIS GRADES WERE IN COLLEGE!??!

WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES GETTING A "D" IN ORGANIC CHEMISTRY 30 YEARS AGO HAVE TO DO WITH HIS ABILITY TO LEAD, GOVERN, CREATE JOBS, PROTECT THIS NATIONS SECURITY OR ANYTHING ELSE?!?!

Barak Hussein Osama (who won't release his college transcripts) can line my cats litter box with his degrees. They mean absolutely nothing. He is the worst President of my lifetime by a mile and has presided and contributed to the decline of this country in ways that I did not think were possible.

Jimmy Carter had terrific grades-- What kind of President was he?

GW Bush has an MBA from Yale-- how did he do? 

Don't you fucking shit for brains liberal cockroaches get it yet? The real world has NOTHING to do with the classroom. Obama has surrounded himself with career academics and political hacks which is why the economy is such a mess. And since Obama is a career politician/ academic/ all around con artist hack-- his anti american, anti growth, anti reality, anti math policies make perfect sense.

You stupid fucks would probably judge the Obama presidency based on whether or not he had a higher grade in freshman high school Earth Science than GW Bush. The economy has collapsed, the dollar is worthless, our foreign policy is nonsensical, the DOJ is corrupt--- but hey; Obama was better than Bush-- Don't believe me? Just look at their ninth grade high school transcripts!    ::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2011, 07:11:00 PM »
Awesome post.

rachaelsnav

• Getbig II
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2011, 07:14:49 PM »
Eureka College

roccoginge

« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2011, 08:29:03 PM »
Organic chemistry in college was a repeat of my advanced chemistry class in high school, an easy A+.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2011, 12:55:22 AM »

Did the thread title read, "Obama smarter than Perry?"

Yes yes, we know the only thing you want us to talk about is Obama and just how bad he sucks, but fuck man... 

I thought you didn't even like Perry?  WTF...