Author Topic: Wang targeting HIV  (Read 9851 times)

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
Re: Wang targeting HIV
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2011, 04:42:06 PM »
I do have a solid foundation in Biochemistry & molecular biology.  Aside from my present career, which I embarked upon a decade after getting my first degree (Bachelors of Science with a double major in Chemistry & Biology), I do have a very strong background in science, but decided to not pursue it any further, due to financial restraints and quite frankly, due to my ability to acquire growth in the financial industry much quicker.

Why I have a strong feeling (Surely my opinion) as to the probability of there being a cure around the corner, with just a few years of funding away from realization?  Simple.

One of the key sectors that my investment firm heavily pours money into is pharmaceuticals.  I spent over a year doing intense research on new products that have yet to hit the market in order to possibly persuade the firm I work for to pick one pharma over the other.  One particular company had a select team of scientists that claimed that a cure is very much so possible to obtain, but funding would be necessary (Extensive funding).  I asked them if they were being optimistic and they were frank in saying that they are capable of eradicating other strands of viruses and have ways of replicating their success.

Again, from an investment banker's point of view, I was moved to the point of presenting this information for further evaluation by my superiors.  The resounding theme I received in response to all of my year's worth of work is that if we fund something that provides a cure, we might as well kiss our long term ROI projections goodbye.

After that unfortunate waste of time, I instead was formally placed as the head of Latin American equities for the firm.  Since then, I don't bother with anything pharmaceutical related.

"1"

I find it hard to believe you have a double major in Chem and Bio but I guess it is possible...

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2011, 04:48:44 PM »
I find it hard to believe you have a double major in Chem and Bio but I guess it is possible...

When your original goal is to go to Med School and you seek to increase your chances of admission, you sometimes try to stack up on all sciences that help towards that end.  Also, when you do follow a pre-med route, you do a year in these sciences (Bio, Chem, physics etc..), often times as in my case graduating with a BIO/CHEM degree after 5 1/2 years and then hoping to get admission into Med School immediately.

Early on, I realized that the finance industry would allow me to make more than any Doctor could possibly make.  Hence, why I went back to school for both a B.S. & MBA in Accounting.  Remember, I'm in my late forties, I'm not as young as some of these studs on the forum.

"1"

JOCKTHEGLIDE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2011, 04:51:09 PM »

this is getbig,,,I have a quadrouple degree in biochemistry/biology/math/and social studies as a undergrad,,,I personally persued medicine at university of arizona,,,then got bored after residency at banner hosptial near,,,gilbert hostpial,,,Im not gonna tell you specifically the hostpical,,but its near san tan shoppoing center,,,groink can confrim this if you want,,,I did a residency there for 3 years then I decided to quit medicine due to the UNMORAL ethnics involved peole wanted to make money at all cost at the cost of a humans life,,,Im not a teacher at a high school,,,,alot cooler teaching social studies because I love it more than medicine,,,,

I did all this while doing while turning pro,,,I placed in top 5 in Mr. O more than twice now,,,,not that hard,,it keeps you busy and I love being busy,,,I was the biggest guy at my hopstial,,im the biggest guy at my high school I teach at,,

JOCKTHEGLIDE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2011, 05:01:24 PM »
When your original goal is to go to Med School and you seek to increase your chances of admission, you sometimes try to stack up on all sciences that help towards that end.  Also, when you do follow a pre-med route, you do a year in these sciences (Bio, Chem, physics etc..), often times as in my case graduating with a BIO/CHEM degree after 5 1/2 years and then hoping to get admission into Med School immediately.

Early on, I realized that the finance industry would allow me to make more than any Doctor could possibly make.  Hence, why I went back to school for both a B.S. & MBA in Accounting.  Remember, I'm in my late forties, I'm not as young as some of these studs on the forum.

"1"

OMR even,,,then its not good enough you can all the major degrees in science,,you will not get in,,,I was on the interview board at U of arizona,,,we had the smartest and brightest come through here with MCAT scores of 34,,,3.95 gpas,,,countless hours of volunteer work in hostpicals,,,and yet we ask this this simple questions:

-if you found out you accidently took a pen from the bank would you return it immediately???

-most responses are,,,YES I would walk right back in the bank,,,,

Now we know as humans we do not do that and its super rare for someone to do such things,,,what we wanted to know was if he was gonna lie to us with such a answer or tell the truth,,,now thats just a small componenet of the interview,,,we want to know if you are ''morally' acceptable to be in medicine,,,becuase we do not want clowns to lie to pateients about their health,,,,

believe it nor not majority of the adults who apply (over 30) get in,,,you know why they get in over other kids,,,its because they have 'life' experiences,,,and at that age they have no reason to lie anymore as when we were younger,,,and get this most have kids,,,jobs,,all balanced out while attending school to try for medicine,,this shows greater determinations than some kid,,,,

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2011, 05:07:01 PM »
let me ask you this fellas,,

HAVE YOU EVER SEEN BODYBUILDERS,, IM NOT TALKING NARCOTICS ADDICTS THAT IS PART OF BODYBUILDING SADLY,, BUT! HAVE YOU EVER SEEN BODYBUILDER WHO ONLY DO HORMONES...WHO GET SICK? SERIOUSLY ? HAV E YOU EVER SEEN THEM GOING WITH BAD FLU,, OR WITH GOING TO DOC FOR RUNNY NOSE AND SWOLLEN LYMPHS THAT DISTURB THEM TO SWALLOW,, HAVE YOU EVER SEEN BODYBUILDERS WALKING AROUND WITH FEVER AND TAKE A WEEK OFF WORK DUE TO VIRUS THAT HIT THEM ,,

WHEN WAS LAST TIME YOU SAW BODYBUILDER GET SICK? GET SICK IN COMMON SICKNESS OF THE EVERYDAY FELLA,,WHEN?

WE DONT

gh15 approved

Yep, they only get heart-problems, high pression problems, liver-kidney problems. But they NEVER get flu! That's what I call being healthy

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2011, 05:08:41 PM »
OMR even,,,then its not good enough you can all the major degrees in science,,you will not get in,,,I was on the interview board at U of arizona,,,we had the smartest and brightest come through here with MCAT scores of 34,,,3.95 gpas,,,countless hours of volunteer work in hostpicals,,,and yet we ask this this simple questions:

-if you found out you accidently took a pen from the bank would you return it immediately???

Now we know as humans we do not do that and its super rare for someone to do such things,,,what we wanted to know was if he was gonna lie to us with such a answer or tell the truth,,,now thats just a small componenet of the interview,,,we want to know if you are ''morally' acceptable to be in medicine,,,becuase we do not want clowns to lie to pateients about their health,,,,

believe it nor not majority of the adults who apply (over 30) get in,,,you know why they get in over other kids,,,its because they have 'life' experiences,,,and at that age they have no reason to lie anymore as when we were younger,,,and get this most have kids,,,jobs,,all balanced out while attending school to try for medicine,,this shows greater determinations than some kid,,,,

I had solid grades in the sciences, enough volunteer work at the local hospitals, as well as a year's worth of research work for a hospital under my belt, but I just realized that in the end, if you can make a small fortune in 10-15 years, it's worth it. Why waste your time in 4 extra years of schooling, with 3-8 years of post-med school residency, to only make enough to lead a comfortable life while paying off 250-350K in Med school debt?  I applaud those who do, but I'm fine dabbling in the industry I am in.

Also, you don't always have to go to a big name Med School in order to be a doctor.  The easiest way to get into med school is to either stick with a state school OR to apply to a caribbean med school like St. Georges.

"1"

JOCKTHEGLIDE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2011, 05:20:13 PM »
I had solid grades in the sciences, enough volunteer work at the local hospitals, as well as a year's worth of research work for a hospital under my belt, but I just realized that in the end, if you can make a small fortune in 10-15 years, it's worth it. Why waste your time in 4 extra years of schooling, with 3-8 years of post-med school residency, to only make enough to lead a comfortable life while paying off 250-350K in Med school debt?  I applaud those who do, but I'm fine dabbling in the industry I am in.

Also, you don't always have to go to a big name Med School in order to be a doctor.  The easiest way to get into med school is to either stick with a state school OR to apply to a caribbean med school like St. Georges.

"1"

YES,,you are correct its not that hard to be considered a 'doctor of medicine',,,the hard thing about the caribbeans is that we dont like them to do residency here in the states,,,,its harder for them also due to training stats wise,,they score very low on the NCLEX 4 step planner,,,vs the states schools,,,now dont get me wrong,,,there is also alot of good doctors out of the caribbean who succeed with the NCLEX just fine,,,but majority score really low or dont get ever get residency,,which really sucks you did 4 years of medicine and cant get residency,,,horrible feeling and wasted time,,,

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2011, 05:27:42 PM »
YES,,you are correct its not that hard to be considered a 'doctor of medicine',,,the hard thing about the caribbeans is that we dont like them to do residency here in the states,,,,its harder for them also due to training stats wise,,they score very low on the NCLEX 4 step planner,,,vs the states schools,,,now dont get me wrong,,,there is also alot of good doctors out of the caribbean who succeed with the NCLEX just fine,,,but majority score really low or dont get ever get residency,,which really sucks you did 4 years of medicine and cant get residency,,,horrible feeling and wasted time,,,

While, I don't know too much about the examinations administered after Med school, instead of the NCLEX, aren't you referring to the USMLE Step I, II & III?

I always thought the NCLEX was a nursing exam for licensure, not intended for Medical licensure of any sort.

I could be wrong though.

"1"

JOCKTHEGLIDE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2011, 05:33:21 PM »
ooppss,,,,its been awhile,,,my friend you are right I was trying to get with a fellow lady nurse at my high school I was talking to her about medicine field in general we wer etalking about NCLEX,,,how I know many foriegn ndoctors who come from different countries that cant become doctors here,,,but they become nurses,,,,instead,,,

Another thing my friend,,,we also try to weed out those who think medicine is all money,,,who have money signes in their eyes,,,instead of saving humantie,,,

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2011, 05:33:46 PM »

"1"

So you do or do not regret all the time spent getting your now unused degrees?

JOCKTHEGLIDE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2011, 05:35:13 PM »
So you do or do not regret all the time spent getting your now unused degrees?

IM gonna,,guess for OMR that he does not regret it,,,I can tell by readin ghis post about medicine and money,,,,there are better ways to make money tahn medicine,,,he knew this right away,,and we admissions committe can read young fellows who try medicine fo rmoney,,,does not work,,,

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2011, 05:37:17 PM »
IM gonna,,guess for OMR that he does not regret it,,,I can tell by readin ghis post about medicine and money,,,,there are better ways to make money tahn medicine,,,he knew this right away,,and we admissions committe can read young fellows who try medicine fo rmoney,,,does not work,,,

What is the lowest GPA you have seen get into your school? What is the average overall?

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2011, 05:40:29 PM »
I hope they find the cure for "Gayness" soon  ;D

That would mean the end of pro bodybuilding.  ::)

JOCKTHEGLIDE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2011, 05:40:39 PM »
What is the lowest GPA you have seen get into your school? What is the average overall?

lowest gpa is 3.4 overall is roughly 3.6 or so,,,its not about the grades,,,grades get you the interview,,,what you say at the interview separates from the rest of the clowns with the same GPA,,same MCAT score,,etc,,,

heres another questions once posed at the intreview,,,this is funny,,,

-why do you want to get into medicine???

-I want to make lots of money!!!!

This kid was 20 years very smart,,,excellent grades,,excellent everything,,the minute he said that,,he was DONE,,,,hahahha

we got 800 applicants,,600 got interviewed,,,

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2011, 05:53:22 PM »
lowest gpa is 3.4 overall is roughly 3.6 or so,,,its not about the grades,,,grades get you the interview,,,what you say at the interview separates from the rest of the clowns with the same GPA,,same MCAT score,,etc,,,

heres another questions once posed at the intreview,,,this is funny,,,

-why do you want to get into medicine???

-I want to make lots of money!!!!

This kid was 20 years very smart,,,excellent grades,,excellent everything,,the minute he said that,,he was DONE,,,,hahahha

we got 800 applicants,,600 got interviewed,,,

Interesting...With regard to volunteer work, is it necessary to do this at a hospital? Is volunteering at a soup kitchen valid/acceptable? Also are there some particular things that you would look for in a candidate that make you really want to interview that applicant and conversely make you want to avoid that applicant?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2011, 05:58:53 PM »
How about curing breast cancer instead so these innocent women can live? 99% of those with AIDS pretty much knowingly caught it.

Is this your opinion or are you stating it as a fact? If it is a fact, please provide resource material.

Sure, human nature dictates a certain amount of carelessness and a degree of "it can't happen to me" ness. But, to state that 99% of the folks who have AIDS knowingly caught HIV, which is the virus that causes AIDS, seems outrageous. I for one, cannot envision this percentage of folks asking someone if they are HIV positive so they can co-mingle their blood with them in hopes of getting AIDS.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2011, 06:03:50 PM »
let me ask you this fellas,,

HAVE YOU EVER SEEN BODYBUILDERS,, IM NOT TALKING NARCOTICS ADDICTS THAT IS PART OF BODYBUILDING SADLY,, BUT! HAVE YOU EVER SEEN BODYBUILDER WHO ONLY DO HORMONES...WHO GET SICK? SERIOUSLY ? HAV E YOU EVER SEEN THEM GOING WITH BAD FLU,, OR WITH GOING TO DOC FOR RUNNY NOSE AND SWOLLEN LYMPHS THAT DISTURB THEM TO SWALLOW,, HAVE YOU EVER SEEN BODYBUILDERS WALKING AROUND WITH FEVER AND TAKE A WEEK OFF WORK DUE TO VIRUS THAT HIT THEM ,,

WHEN WAS LAST TIME YOU SAW BODYBUILDER GET SICK? GET SICK IN COMMON SICKNESS OF THE EVERYDAY FELLA,,WHEN?

WE DONT

gh15 approved

I never get sick. Does this mean I am a bodybuilder?

JOCKTHEGLIDE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2011, 06:29:37 PM »
Interesting...With regard to volunteer work, is it necessary to do this at a hospital? Is volunteering at a soup kitchen valid/acceptable? Also are there some particular things that you would look for in a candidate that make you really want to interview that applicant and conversely make you want to avoid that applicant?

we examine 'who you are as a human being',,,,its what you been through in life,,what makes you want to save the human race,,,yes I said human race,,,,,

-if osama bin laden (if still alive) came to you for medical help would you help him knowing he palnned the 9/10 attacks????

Thats why even with various degrees,,,top notch students dont get in,,,,then they go on their masters in biology thinking they will get in with a higher degree and guess what they are the same person who they were 2 years ago with a bachelors,,,,they dont get in,,,then they get their Ph.D. in bilogy and guess what they still dont get in,,,some are persistent and answer the same question with same answer over and over,,,,,

its who you are as a person in this world that determines what kind of decotor you are going to be,,,,

JOCKTHEGLIDE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2011, 06:33:05 PM »
I never get sick. Does this mean I am a bodybuilder?

everyone want to be a bodybuilder but they dont want to lifet heavy weight -  ronnie coleman

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: August 09, 2011, 06:37:59 PM »
we examine 'who you are as a human being',,,,its what you been through in life,,what makes you want to save the human race,,,yes I said human race,,,,,

-if osama bin laden (if still alive) came to you for medical help would you help him knowing he palnned the 9/10 attacks????

Thats why even with various degrees,,,top notch students dont get in,,,,then they go on their masters in biology thinking they will get in with a higher degree and guess what they are the same person who they were 2 years ago with a bachelors,,,,they dont get in,,,then they get their Ph.D. in bilogy and guess what they still dont get in,,,some are persistent and answer the same question with same answer over and over,,,,,

its who you are as a person in this world that determines what kind of decotor you are going to be,,,,

That makes a lot of sense thank you.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #45 on: August 09, 2011, 07:51:02 PM »
ONE MORE REP, JOCK, GH, and a couple of you other GetBiggers, ….

Thanks  to each of you for this interesting education.

I never realized that we had such well educated GrtBiggers contributing to this Board.

Thanks for encouraging me to change my mind!

Three additional comments I'd like to make ....

1, JOCK, Last Friday I stopped in the Bank of America to cash a check and realized that I still had the bank’s pen in my hand while I was getting back into my car. It wasn’t the typical throw away type  pen so I went back inside and returned it to the teller who appeared surprised …. but she did appreciatd it. It was most likely her own and not the bank's,

But to the point ....A while back if test subjects said that they would have returned that pen, they would have been judged to be absolute liers ..... and there would have been other questions on that “test” - the answers to which would have verified that individual’s dishonesty.

So it was somewhat critical to refrain from telling the truth about ‘stealing’ inexpensive objects.

2, GH, I personally know a good number of ‘users’ and cannot recall any of them ever being sick with any ailment but I never considered the roid/GH connection to be the major factor. Is there any official research presently being conducted?

2. ONE MORE, I have often heard that the profit ‘margin’ is given prime consideration over uiversal drug benefits. I hear the same argument within the petroleum industry. Can you refer me to some reliable info about this subject?

Thanks again. Always appreciate reading intelligent stuff from those who are more 'edumacated' than some of the rest of us.

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: August 09, 2011, 08:55:53 PM »
How about curing breast cancer instead so these innocent women can live? 99% of those with AIDS pretty much knowingly caught it.

And what about paying attention to those cancers that are "underground"? Prostate cancer is the most common cancer in men, almost as common as breast cancer in women. Testicular cancer is a young man's disease but no-one gives a fuck. Lets give all the education to those young bitches in their 20's who might get breast cancer in their 60's or 70's.

Kulutues

• Getbig III
« Reply #47 on: August 09, 2011, 09:12:50 PM »
what science? im telling you here fellas on gh not even consistantly ....do nto get sick ,, i m tlelin you here that fellas that i know of quite a few...been going 10 years with out getting sick aside from steroi infections...but this is not sick,, fever out of steroid infection is not getting sick....it is when body fight it and isolat eit ,, im talking flue im talkin common sickness of other people,, FELLA ON GH ,, bodybuilders in general are immuned group,, i believe most bodybuilders are immuned to hiv virus,, again if you use narcotics....and share needle you will get hiv at the end..but i belivee! that bodybuilders are at the epidom of society when it come to health and are IMMUNED TO HIV,,you will hear it in few years after research will go in more detail into the bodybuilder drug regimen

gh15 approved

Well, the original purpose of anadrol was to treat AIDS wasting and other effects of HIV...so it's true in a way.  The increase in red blood cells and lean muscle/tissue keeps a person very healthy.  This is why HGH and steroids will be taken by basically all males and HGH all females by the year 2075

JOCKTHEGLIDE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: August 09, 2011, 10:30:53 PM »

1, JOCK, Last Friday I stopped in the Bank of America to cash a check and realized that I still had the bank’s pen in my hand while I was getting back into my car. It wasn’t the typical throw away type  pen so I went back inside and returned it to the teller who appeared surprised …. but she did appreciatd it. It was most likely her own and not the bank's,

one guy resoned to this question by saying,,,,last time I checked all bank pens were attached to the teller stations so I cant take,,,,the pen anyways cause theres a chain attached,,,though not all banks have it,,,but good answer,,,its not just the pend question,,,,its other questions,,,that want to know your,,,moral character who you are in this life,,what sepeartaes you from any other human being to be a physician,,,

reminds me,,,,believe it nor dental school is harder to get into than medical school,,,my foriegn friend from korea,,got in with a bacheliers in argiculture,,,can you believe it argiculture he goet into Tufts University and was wait listed at U of MIchigan,,,Tufts id ranks 3 and U of MIchigan is 2 in the nation,,,this SOB got into uto Tufts with a bachelors in agricutlure,,,how to fckin grow platnts,,,what separated him from everyone was that he was 40 years old though,,,vs the kids who try to get in

in memory of noworries believe it or not,,,he could of got into medical school,,,I believe people are emotionally intelligent enough to get in,,,some are just plain smart,,and some are emotionally smart with life expereinces,,and noworries had this,,he had so much life expereince that,,,he could of got in as long as his MCAT and gpas were decent enough to do it,,,the board would of been 'aweed' by his life experienceds of who he is,,,

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #49 on: August 10, 2011, 02:47:00 AM »

believe it nor not majority of the adults who apply (over 30) get in,,,you know why they get in over other kids,,,its because they have 'life' experiences,,,and at that age they have no reason to lie anymore as when we were younger,,,and get this most have kids,,,jobs,,all balanced out while attending school to try for
medicine,,this shows greater determinations than some kid,,,,
depends on how close you are to the bank once you realized you took the pen...
If you are in the parking lot and realized---ok. If you are down the street or on the road, then that pen won't get returned. The gas alone cost more than the pen does.