Author Topic: Perry Confronts Ron Paul During Commercial  (Read 6592 times)

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Perry Confronts Ron Paul During Commercial
« Reply #75 on: September 09, 2011, 06:54:13 AM »
Geez, repubs, please select a candidate who can go 2 hours without punching an old man, mmmkay?

Did he punch him? Calm down, Gloria. Stop exaggerating.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #76 on: September 09, 2011, 06:55:01 AM »
Did he punch him? Calm down, Gloria. Stop exaggerating.

if cool and sensible Jon Huntsman hadn't stepped in, who knows.

Thank goodness perry didn't have a chance to throttle king paul.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #77 on: September 09, 2011, 06:57:33 AM »

Post of the day!   ;D

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #78 on: September 09, 2011, 07:17:29 AM »

LOL!!!! Please.

Please look into that crystal ball of yours and give us the next mega millions winning numbers.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: September 09, 2011, 07:22:03 AM »
http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.mediaite.com/online/apoplectic-ron-paul-fans-allege-rick-perry-assault-during-debate-commercial-break/&sa=U&ei=JBVqTpHqLpCugQfozvH5BQ&ved=0CBcQFjAA&usg=AFQjCNEmtsqL-mKYmeVV8C3EnWCTeU7-pA

Makes me wonder if they were at Paul's podium or Huntsmans podium. The accepted story from the pictures is that Perry forced Paul from his podium and Huntsman had to seperate them. COuld it have been they met at Huntsmans podium for the exchange and Huntsman returned because the break was about over?

I'm with Beach... I've seen photos of things that looked to be one way, but when the facts came out, turned out to be nothing like what the picture appeared to be. Timing is everything. Having said that, I agree it looks bad, wouldn't surprise me if it was how it went down, but out of fairness I couldn't conclude on the pictures alone. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #80 on: September 09, 2011, 07:27:41 AM »
Makes me wonder if they were at Paul's podium or Huntsmans podium. The accepted story from the pictures is that Perry forced Paul from his podium and Huntsman had to seperate them. COuld it have been they met at Huntsmans podium for the exchange and Huntsman returned because the break was about over?

I'm with Beach... I've seen photos of things that looked to be one way, but when the facts came out, turned out to be nothing like what the picture appeared to be. Timing is everything. Having said that, I agree it looks bad, wouldn't surprise me if it was how it went down, but out of fairness I couldn't conclude on the pictures alone. 

Rand said last night it was the opposite of what it looked like. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: September 09, 2011, 07:44:15 AM »
Rand said last night it was the opposite of what it looked like. 

the Pauls will downplay it, of course.  They're tough.  They don't play the victim card like Newt or Hilary would.

The best thing they can say is NOTHING.  Let perry's rage continue.  We're 40 minutes into debate #1 and he was PISSED.  The other candidates now know EXACTLY what to hit, to piss him off and to point out the shady ass shots he forced on people - and profited from (which hasn't even come up in debates yet).

RP is smart to just say nothing and downplay it.  He's tough, he's no whiny victim like many in the GOP crying all day about how unfair the media treats them.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #82 on: September 09, 2011, 08:05:13 AM »
the Pauls will downplay it, of course.  They're tough.  They don't play the victim card like Newt or Hilary would.

The best thing they can say is NOTHING.  Let perry's rage continue.  We're 40 minutes into debate #1 and he was PISSED.  The other candidates now know EXACTLY what to hit, to piss him off and to point out the shady ass shots he forced on people - and profited from (which hasn't even come up in debates yet).

RP is smart to just say nothing and downplay it.  He's tough, he's no whiny victim like many in the GOP crying all day about how unfair the media treats them.

Kinda weird to say he doesn't even remember the incident while the news everywhere claims it was heated. Time to move on though, as it seems Ron can let it slid so should his supporters.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: September 09, 2011, 08:08:03 AM »
Kinda weird to say he doesn't even remember the incident while the news everywhere claims it was heated. Time to move on though, as it seems Ron can let it slid so should his supporters.

IMO, that is Ron Paul being shrewd. 

The MINUTE he says "but but Perry got in my face, I didn't do anything..."  - He doens't look TOUGH anymore.

He knocked that dirt off his shoulder.  Ron Paul doesn't have time for RiffRaff like the Angry Parry.  You don't see Tom BRady whining about the heckler in the 4th row - you see him with the WIN holding the game ball.

Ron Paul is ABOVE that nonsense.

James

« Reply #84 on: September 09, 2011, 08:23:18 AM »

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: September 09, 2011, 08:26:12 AM »
LOL... RPaul totally downplaying it.   He's above that riffraff.  Love it!

Even weirder for Perry - who had never met Ron Paul - putting his hands on another man!

"I cannot repeat what he was saying to me..."  PERFECT!

Ron Paul, all class.  "I don't even recall that moment, or what he said.  No cross words."

THen he returns to pointing out the dangerous Perry policy.  (To me, the forced vaccinations is most scary).

I'll still vote perry over Obama, but I'd love to see another repub get the nomination.

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
« Reply #86 on: September 09, 2011, 08:54:44 AM »
Perry probably saying don't cross me, or something to that effect.
Abandon every hope...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #87 on: September 09, 2011, 10:15:24 AM »

Smart man.   :)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: September 09, 2011, 10:17:32 AM »

Oh that is hilarious.   :)  Ron Paul says it was a friendly exchange. 

Rand Paul says the same thing:  http://freedomslighthouse.net/2011/09/08/sen-rand-paul-rick-perry-and-ron-paul-had-a-friendly-exchange-no-harsh-words-at-all-during-break-at-debate-video-9811/

It does not surprise me that the 911 Troofers who jumped all over this are now claiming Ron Paul is lying about this being a joke.  That is laugh out loud funny.   :)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: September 09, 2011, 11:12:39 AM »
very wise of RPaul to be a man and downplay it.

people see Perry is full of rage. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: September 09, 2011, 11:41:23 AM »
1.  Make Shit Up

Don't know what the fuck you're talking about?  Can't quite keep up with the conversation?  Or maybe you're just completely lost but want to contribute to the board anyway?

Don't worry, just make some shit up. 

It really looks impressive if you throw out some statistics too.  Do you know what the Vice President of Engineering for Cisco makes each year and pays in taxes?  Nope.  But it doesn't matter.  Just claim all rich people only pay 8% in taxes and that everybody else is getting screwed over.  It always looks good when you make shit up while portraying yourself as the underdog.

Do you really know how many people actually need food?  Have you been actively keeping up with abortion statistics in the United States?  Do you really follow oil futures?  Who cares?  Just make a claim and use a high enough percentage to be plausible, but low enough that nobody will probably question. 9 times out of 10, nobody's going to bother checking your bullshit.  If they do, just move to Rules #2-4.

5.  Declare a Conspiracy

So, the President of the United States didn't personally call you up and fill you in on all the details about how the Seals took out Osama bin-Laden.  Nothing to worry about.  Rule #1 and your "sources" claim Osama was on the top floor and the Seals were making "all kinds of noise" on the bottom floor.  Even though you've never participated in a Seal raid, never been raided by Seals, and probably never even met a Seal, you do "know" that if you had been Osama, you would have grabbed your loaded weapon and been completely ready.

Of course, Osama would have reacted in EXACTLY the same manner as you.  You "know" this.  Anybody who would disagree is obviously an idiot.  But that's not how it's reported.  No doubt, you've unearthed yet another conspiracy.

Congratulations!  From your trailer park, you've not only been able to deduce how things "probably" went down, but you can flood the board with "mysterious questions" such as whether or not the President would actually sit "behind" a staffer (you have to expect people to ignore the fact that you've never actually been to a Presidential staff meeting - Rule #1 always applies).    

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: September 09, 2011, 05:10:50 PM »
Pretty admirable of Ron Paul to follow Reagan's mantra... never insult or embarass a fellow republican. 

he *could* have told the world that the jackass perry was trying to be a bully.  Instead, he focused on fixing what's wrong with our country.  No sense directing the conversation to Perry's anger mgmt issues.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: September 09, 2011, 05:20:10 PM »
Perry probably didn't say anything bad but he knew what he was doing with the pointing finger and angry in your face looks.  Before this happened there are other stories of Perry getting in opponents faces with nice words but with a threatening demeanor.  He's not the first person ever to use this kind of intimidation.  Check out Arnold, the guy mastered and bragged about doing this to others.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: September 11, 2011, 12:30:13 PM »
Really funny thread.   :)

Ron Paul Scoffs at Rumor of Debate Rift With Perry
Friday, 09 Sep 2011
By Newsmax Wires

Since Wednesday’s Republican presidential debate, the Internet has been full of rumors that Texas Gov. Rick Perry confronted Rep. Ron Paul, also from Texas, during a commercial break. Paul scoffed at the gossip, The Hill reports.

The rumors stemmed from a Reuters picture showing Perry walking up to Paul's podium, grabbing Paul's arm, and pointing his finger in Paul’s face. But Paul laughed it all off at a campaign event Thursday.

“A picture came out last night, it's on the Internet this morning, with I think the governor of Texas, or something? We had several governors up there, but truth was I never met him before," Paul joked.

"Truth is, I wish it were a much more interesting story. I don't even recall the moment that was occurring, and I don't remember exactly what he said. We didn't have any cross words," Paul added.

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/Ron-Paul-Debate-Perry/2011/09/09/id/410396

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: September 11, 2011, 02:57:52 PM »
Perry probably didn't say anything bad but he knew what he was doing with the pointing finger and angry in your face looks.  Before this happened there are other stories of Perry getting in opponents faces with nice words but with a threatening demeanor.  He's not the first person ever to use this kind of intimidation.  Check out Arnold, the guy mastered and bragged about doing this to others.