Author Topic: UFC 135 - Jones Won But.........  (Read 12170 times)

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
Re: UFC 135 - Jones Won But.........
« Reply #75 on: September 26, 2011, 11:05:29 AM »
  Lol, meltdown from one of the least intelligent posters of the MMA board. I am talking about heavyweights because Jones has the height and bone structure of a heavyweight and should be fighting in that division. There is no one at 205 lbs who can realistically beat him due to his reach and strength. He should be fighting guys who have the arm length to hit him, like JDS, or guys who have the strength to take him down like Cain.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Suck,

For the last time, being a HEAVYWEIGHT means that you fall within a certain weight, it does not regard your height or limb length, those are factors YOU are now deciding to attribute to the HEAVYWEIGHT division.

I'd like light heavyweight fighters that are too ugly to also be included in the heavyweight division, because it isn't fair for light heavyweights to have to see eye-to-eye with such individuals, but that won't come true or make my argument any more convincing if my pretty light heavyweight fighter loses to an ugly light heavyweight opponent.

"1"

suckmymuscle

« Reply #76 on: September 26, 2011, 11:15:18 AM »
ARM LENGTH ISN'T WHAT IS CONSIDERED YOU FUCKING MORON!!!    IT"S A WEIGHT-BASED SYSTEM! 

You're only complaining because Jones' isn't an old Pride dog and you hate that fact.  He beat up on your Pride boys and thats tough for you to swallow, so you make excuse after excuse about it.

STFU already.  My god!

Lol, is that time of the month already? ;D I meant that size correlates with height, which correlates with arm length, dummy. Who is more likely to have longer arms, a shorter man or a taller man? Oviously the taller man will have longer arms and be heavier(on average). There is no one at 205 lbs with the size and reach to realistically give Jon Jones a fight. He needs to move up to the heavyweights.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #77 on: September 26, 2011, 12:00:00 PM »
Given his bodytype of being lean and in shape making 205, moving up would only slow Jones down.  Realistically he can't compete with a 240-250 fighter.  He'd have to put on so much weight.

Remember SMM:  bodyweight is the key here.  The years of multiweight tourneys are done and it's because weight is the big factor.  A 240 pound man has the overwhelming advantage over a 140 pound man given they are both skilled in mma.  This is why there are weight divisions.

I'm not denying Jones' reach and leverage is a supreme advantage, but then again, other fighters have their own advantages, ya know?  Page's happens to be his striking.

I don't want to debate this anymore.  It's getting old. 

Let's look on to Jones/Rashad.

kevcat

• Getbig IV
« Reply #78 on: September 26, 2011, 12:36:56 PM »
ARM LENGTH ISN'T WHAT IS CONSIDERED YOU FUCKING MORON!!!    IT"S A WEIGHT-BASED SYSTEM! 

You're only complaining because Jones' isn't an old Pride dog and you hate that fact.  He beat up on your Pride boys and thats tough for you to swallow, so you make excuse after excuse about it.

STFU already.  My god!

Exactly  ;D I cant believe someone is bringing up a point that a guy NEEDS to move up a weight category just cos hes got a longer reach than people LOL You didnt see Mike Tyson having problems with guys with bigger reaches now did we ;) ?.Its a silly argument you're trying to make.Why should he move up when hes beating guys easily and makin money for his family? Any person with common sense would do the same

Like Coltrane said, this is getting boring, youve just been owned by everyone in this thread yet you still go on and on.Enough already

Per Se

• Getbig III
« Reply #79 on: September 26, 2011, 01:01:20 PM »
  Lol, meltdown from one of the least intelligent posters of the MMA board. I am talking about heavyweights because Jones has the height and bone structure of a heavyweight and should be fighting in that division. There is no one at 205 lbs who can realistically beat him due to his reach and strength. He should be fighting guys who have the arm length to hit him, like JDS, or guys who have the strength to take him down like Cain.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

There is no "should" about it.  Dude easily makes 205, so fights at 205.
Your hate blinds you, as you're trying to discredit Jones....for being too good?

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #80 on: September 26, 2011, 01:30:28 PM »

He doesn't "need" to do Jack shit. As long as he can make weight..he will enjoy his advantage and pummel his opposition....much to your chagrin  :D

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #81 on: September 26, 2011, 01:31:01 PM »

SUCKMYMUSCLE

LOL! Always reply with "meltdown" when you are getting owned. Who are you to say what weight division someone should be fighting at, Stupid? Any fighter is free to choose whatever weight they want. Faber drop down and so did Florian because they thought they had a better chance. BJ has gone and down from 155 to 170. Why doesn't Rampage drop to a Welterweight? He's about the same height of Nick Diaz.

It' amazing how you brag about how brilliant you are and nobody believes that. We read what you write. And you write stupid, Stupid.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: September 26, 2011, 01:33:35 PM »
how do they measure reach? or do they just measure finger tip to finger tip?
A

suckmymuscle

« Reply #83 on: September 26, 2011, 05:12:58 PM »
Suck,

For the last time, being a HEAVYWEIGHT means that you fall within a certain weight, it does not regard your height or limb length, those are factors YOU are now deciding to attribute to the HEAVYWEIGHT division.

I'd like light heavyweight fighters that are too ugly to also be included in the heavyweight division, because it isn't fair for light heavyweights to have to see eye-to-eye with such individuals, but that won't come true or make my argument any more convincing if my pretty light heavyweight fighter loses to an ugly light heavyweight opponent.

"1"

For the last fucking time...pay attention...holy shit...I am aware that weight is the only thing that separates the classes(duh)...my point is that it shouldn't be. For fuck sake, you guys have the intelligence of toads and the reading comprehension of toddlers.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: September 26, 2011, 05:32:45 PM »
For the last fucking time...pay attention...holy shit...I am aware that weight is the only thing that separates the classes(duh)...my point is that it shouldn't be. For fuck sake, you guys have the intelligence of toads and the reading comprehension of toddlers.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Stop assuming that people are incapable of understanding what you post and ARE TRYING to convey.

The problem I see here is that you are LOSING your cool by resorting to petty insults (as seen above), which in turn leads everyone to believe that you are practically melting down on the other side of your screen.

Relax, breathe and remember that YOU started this thread for the clear purpose of a discussion.  Regardless of you winning every single debate or not, you are here to share with others, not to get angry at everyone's posts because they aren't completely angled to meet your point of view.

Regarding reading comprehension and intelligence, you seem to not be taking into consideration that you are not making coherent posts to back up your claims. Yes, some of your posts clearly state that he has extensive reach and height, which can serve well if he were to put on more weight and fight as a heavyweight, but as it stands (BASED ON THE RULES OF MMA) he is clearly a light heavyweight.

Don't get angry at people when you are clearly the one presenting an unclear argument, please see your posts below and try to relax man.  I have no qualms with you, but your inability to just laugh things off and be cool with discussion is out of control man.  Calm down soldier...

And how huge is Jones? Holy shit, Rampage looked like a child next to him. He should move to the heavyweight division and fight with Cain for the heavyweight belt. He is a heavyweight beating up on light-heavyweights. Quinton is a warrior and gave Jones his toughest fight yet.
SUCKMYMUSCLE

Yes, exactly. When you factor in the difference in size, strength and reach, Jones was hardly better than Rampage on the stand-up. If they were the same size and had the same reach, Rampage might have KOd him. I repeat: Jones is a heavyweight beating up on light-heavyweights. He should be fighting guys with his size and reach. I would love to see him fight Overeem, a guy with an equal reach to him and K-1 World champion and watch him get KTFO.
SUCKMYMUSCLE

What excuses? It is a fact that Jones has a ridiculous reach. His reach is too much even for a 6'4 guy. I am 6'4 and my arms are not as long as Jones'. Jones is a heavyweight and should be fighting in his own weight class instead of beating up on smaller and weaker guys who can't even get close to him.
SUCKMYMUSCLE

Again, most of your posts can be misleading, so try to settle down.

"1"

Swede!

• Getbig IV
  • www.letskillsometime.com Direct link in signature
« Reply #85 on: September 26, 2011, 06:03:06 PM »
how do they measure reach? or do they just measure finger tip to finger tip?

yes, arms straight out to each side and fingertip to fingertip

mame09

• Getbig III
  • its simple if it jiggles its fat
« Reply #86 on: September 26, 2011, 06:04:18 PM »
1. jones just knows how to use his advantages which is reach.

2. he doesnt have ko power in his hands. he doesnt have good kicks.

3. if rampage knew basic standup fighting you know when someone has longer reach you got a couple options either chop the legs,
slip the punch a get of yours or make him come to you and pick him off. (easier said than done) but can be done.

4. did he destroy rampage? no not even close but he did give him a lesson in standup

with that all being said is jones beatable? yes but with the right tools.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: September 26, 2011, 06:08:03 PM »
1. jones just knows how to use his advantages which is reach.

2. he doesnt have ko power in his hands. he doesnt have good kicks.

3. if rampage knew basic standup fighting you know when someone has longer reach you got a couple options either chop the legs,
slip the punch a get of yours or make him come to you and pick him off. (easier said than done) but can be done.

4. did he destroy rampage? no not even close but he did give him a lesson in standup

with that all being said is jones beatable? yes but with the right tools.

Mame09 ,are you a KO artist ?

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
« Reply #88 on: September 26, 2011, 06:11:09 PM »
Hampage didn't do shit during the fight. He didn't hurts Bones at all! I don't know why people are giving him props he looked like he was just playing it safe out there. He kind of gave up at the end and gave up his back. He didn't want to take anymore punishment. I want to see him fight shogun next. They should make that at UFC Japan.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: September 26, 2011, 06:14:55 PM »
Hampage didn't do shit during the fight. He didn't hurts Bones at all! I don't know why people are giving him props he looked like he was just playing it safe out there. He kind of gave up at the end and gave up his back. He didn't want to take anymore punishment. I want to see him fight shogun next. They should make that at UFC Japan.

I said it before and I'll say it again, Rampage hasn't tried to fight in a long time.  He is merely collecting a paycheck at his fights.

He isn't going in with a killer instinct, taking chances or trying to be the aggressor.  I get him though, he isn't a kid anymore, has a family and needs to pay bills.

"1"

Swede!

• Getbig IV
  • www.letskillsometime.com Direct link in signature
« Reply #90 on: September 26, 2011, 06:15:13 PM »

shogun is fighting dan henderson next  probably wouldnt even have time to recover until japan card unlesss he ruins henderson right away which I doubt hes going to do

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
« Reply #91 on: September 26, 2011, 06:19:56 PM »
Rampage needs new to coaches. Those guys at wolfslayer suck ass. They sent him in there with a shitty game plan. The only thing his corner man told him was to find his range over and over again. Rampage doesn't mix things up he's a glorified head hunter.

luvvsuNOT

• Getbig III
« Reply #92 on: September 26, 2011, 06:45:43 PM »
Stop assuming that people are incapable of understanding what you post and ARE TRYING to convey.

The problem I see here is that you are LOSING your cool by resorting to petty insults (as seen above), which in turn leads everyone to believe that you are practically melting down on the other side of your screen.

Relax, breathe and remember that YOU started this thread for the clear purpose of a discussion.  Regardless of you winning every single debate or not, you are here to share with others, not to get angry at everyone's posts because they aren't completely angled to meet your point of view.

Regarding reading comprehension and intelligence, you seem to not be taking into consideration that you are not making coherent posts to back up your claims. Yes, some of your posts clearly state that he has extensive reach and height, which can serve well if he were to put on more weight and fight as a heavyweight, but as it stands (BASED ON THE RULES OF MMA) he is clearly a light heavyweight.

Don't get angry at people when you are clearly the one presenting an unclear argument, please see your posts below and try to relax man.  I have no qualms with you, but your inability to just laugh things off and be cool with discussion is out of control man.  Calm down soldier...

Again, most of your posts can be misleading, so try to settle down.

"1"

I find you one of the most intellgent and reasonable people on this board. I like you.YOu're a good homo.

This suckmymuscle guy had got to be one of most confused delusional arrogant and irrational person here. I bet anything that he actually has some sort of mental deficiency. normal people dont talk this way and arent this consistently irrational.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: September 26, 2011, 07:13:40 PM »
I find you one of the most intellgent and reasonable people on this board. I like you.YOu're a good homo.

This suckmymuscle guy had got to be one of most confused delusional arrogant and irrational person here. I bet anything that he actually has some sort of mental deficiency. normal people dont talk this way and arent this consistently irrational.

Thank you for your vote of confidence.

SuckMuscle is not a bad guy.  He is just a little too passionate about shit that really isn't that important. 

Resorting to insults will never make your argument any more convincing.  If anything, it only serves but to detract from your ability to properly convince anyone of anything, because you inadvertently involve other people's emotions, which unfortunately switches their thinking process from a logical and rational one to one that is saturated with feelings and hunches.

Debate, discuss, have fun and hopefully end up in each others arms..

"1"

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #94 on: September 26, 2011, 07:27:48 PM »
I saw the Rampage vs Machida fight. I felt Machida won... So did Rampage.

I think that Machida is the only light heavyweight that can challenge Jones.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: September 26, 2011, 07:31:55 PM »

Translation = I'd love to suck your dick?

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: September 26, 2011, 08:44:07 PM »
shogun is fighting dan henderson next  probably wouldnt even have time to recover until japan card unlesss he ruins henderson right away which I doubt hes going to do

i thought hendo was fighting anderson silva again
irongearco.com

suckmymuscle

« Reply #97 on: September 26, 2011, 08:48:25 PM »
  Ok, because you f.aggots are having your periods, I will wait until you f.aggots get a grip so we can discuss this without you sissies having temper tantrums all the time. The thread is locked.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #98 on: September 28, 2011, 08:05:04 AM »
  Ok, because you f.aggots are having your periods, I will wait until you f.aggots get a grip so we can discuss this without you sissies having temper tantrums all the time. The thread is locked.

SUCKMYMUSCLE
Wow, finally over your own faggy little temper tantrum, "Pedro"?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!