Author Topic: Mitt to run 1.4 MILLION in ads in Iowa - Next week alone  (Read 3784 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Mitt to run 1.4 MILLION in ads in Iowa - Next week alone
« on: December 21, 2011, 08:21:33 PM »
Sounds like he's in it to win it.  He hasn't conceded Iowa one bit.

howardroark

• Getbig IV
  • Resident Objectivist & Autodidact
Re: Mitt to run 1.4 MILLION in ads in Iowa - Next week along
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2011, 08:34:21 PM »
Niiiice. Any of those ads up on youtube?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Re: Mitt to run 1.4 MILLION in ads in Iowa - Next week alone
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2011, 08:40:25 PM »
newt is PISSED.   Red faced and sweaty, demanding Mitt debate him about these false commercials.

Ever since late Nov, romney has been putting more and more into winning Iowa.  He wants this BAD.  He can get 3rd or 4th there and still win NH and get the job.  But we can win Iowa, and it's pretty much OVER.

He conceded it originally, but with the vulnerable newt and the widely criticized ron paul, if I had to bet, I'd say 6/5 it goes to Mitt (although 538.com and my own wishes is that RPaul creams everyone).

howardroark

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2011, 09:04:37 PM »
I wonder how or if the Ron Paul campaign will change its strategy in response to a Mitt Romney surge. That one anti-Newt ad "serial hypocrisy" they put out was pretty brutal, I wonder if they could do something similar against Mitt.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2011, 09:08:00 PM »
I wonder how or if the Ron Paul campaign will change its strategy in response to a Mitt Romney surge. That one anti-Newt ad "serial hypocrisy" they put out was pretty brutal, I wonder if they could do something similar against Mitt.

I don't think anything Mitt does affects Ron paul.   Except for when newt looks like shit, those voters have to go somewhere...

and they're only supporting newt because they hate mitt's ass.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2011, 08:09:05 PM »
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1211/70795.html

Newt is complaining that he can't keep up with the $7 to $9 MILLION in ads that Romney is running in Iowa against him.

Sounds like Romney didn't give up on Iowa after all - he's outspending Newt and crushing him with ads.

MM2K

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2011, 09:56:29 AM »
Ever since Mitt had that bad interview with Brett Baeir, he has been going balls to the walls full throttle. He clearly was saving and holding back until now. Every where I look now in the media he is on television. And it is really showing in the polls. Either way, Iowa will be good for him because if he doesnt win it, Paul will probably win it, and  Paul wont get the nomination. Mitt will win New Hampshire.
Jan. Jobs: 36,000!!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2011, 10:13:36 AM »
Ever since Mitt had that bad interview with Brett Baeir, he has been going balls to the walls full throttle. He clearly was saving and holding back until now. Every where I look now in the media he is on television. And it is really showing in the polls. Either way, Iowa will be good for him because if he doesnt win it, Paul will probably win it, and  Paul wont get the nomination. Mitt will win New Hampshire.

agreed.  He's gone "all out" in Iowa this month after previously believing it was a lost cause.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2011, 05:56:11 PM »
He sees blood in the water.

In Strategy Shift, Romney Making Play for Iowa
Published December 30, 2011
FoxNews.com

LOLZERS....

BB, I've been saying it for weeks - Romney is putting resources into Iowa cause he suddenly believes he can win it.

Then, you start to believe it when FOX finally says it.  Sheesh.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2011, 06:01:04 PM »

LOLZERS....

BB, I've been saying it for weeks - Romney is putting resources into Iowa cause he suddenly believes he can win it.

Then, you start to believe it when FOX finally says it.  Sheesh.

Shouldn't the lying liar be hanging out on prison planet or democratic underground or something??  Your knowledge of that whole politics thing can fit in a thimble.  Now run along . . .   

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2011, 06:10:59 PM »
If mittens can take iowa he will knock out a lot of the hangers on.  BTW - where the he'll is huntsman. ? 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2011, 06:14:27 PM »
If mittens can take iowa he will knock out a lot of the hangers on.  BTW - where the he'll is huntsman. ? 

In last place?  At least that's where he has been nationally for the entire race.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2011, 06:25:46 PM »
In last place?  At least that's where he has been nationally for the entire race.

It's a shame how badly he is running his campaign.  I like him personally. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2011, 06:29:50 PM »
It's a shame how badly he is running his campaign.  I like him personally. 

He had a good record as governor but the voters don't like him.  I don't think he was been above about 2 percent nationally. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2011, 06:36:00 PM »
He had a good record as governor but the voters don't like him.  I don't think he was been above about 2 percent nationally. 

His branding of hi self was a HUGE mistake. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2011, 07:32:06 PM »
Looks like Mitt is going to outspend everyone at the last minute and buy Iowa.

Someone should run this on TV in Iowa lol...

howardroark

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2011, 11:24:44 AM »
Looks like Mitt is going to outspend everyone at the last minute and buy Iowa.

Someone should run this on TV in Iowa lol...

That would probably be a good move for Perry, Santorum, or Bachmann to run.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2011, 11:58:25 AM »

Yeah, I like him too.  I don't think he came off well in the debates.  Charismatically speaking...if that's a word.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2011, 12:02:38 PM »

Yeah, I like him too.  I don't think he came off well in the debates.  Charismatically speaking...if that's a word.

I think that's a word?   :)  Not sure what it is about him that people don't like. 

howardroark

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2011, 12:07:29 PM »
I think that's a word?   :)  Not sure what it is about him that people don't like. 

His record as governor includes higher taxes and starting a massive new health care entitlement that has spiraled out of control.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2011, 12:09:12 PM »
His record as governor includes higher taxes and starting a massive new health care entitlement that has spiraled out of control.

Really?  That's not what he claims.  His record was supposedly pretty good.

howardroark

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2011, 12:17:50 PM »
Really?  That's not what he claims.  His record was supposedly pretty good.

He did manage to balance the budget. But he did that by raising taxes. Of course, he denies that vehemently, but "closing loopholes" entail most people paying higher taxes. He also instituted various "fees" for government services that had existed before. Instituting fees is all well and good, but if you're going to demand user fees for government services then those new fees should come with lower taxes, not HIGHER taxes.

And the Romneycare debacle speaks for itself: it ended up costing over 11 times the initial projection. Not to mention that Massachusetts now has the highest insurance premiums in the country.

howardroark

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2011, 12:22:00 PM »
The Club for Growth has given Romney a "C" on tax and spending issues: http://www.clubforgrowth.org/whitepapers/?subsec=137&id=905

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2011, 12:30:03 PM »
He did manage to balance the budget. But he did that by raising taxes. Of course, he denies that vehemently, but "closing loopholes" entail most people paying higher taxes. He also instituted various "fees" for government services that had existed before. Instituting fees is all well and good, but if you're going to demand user fees for government services then those new fees should come with lower taxes, not HIGHER taxes.

Does not sound right at all. 

Governor of Utah (2005–2009)

Huntsman maintained extremely high approval ratings as Governor of Utah hitting 90% approval at times. In 2008, he won re-election with 77.7% of the vote, defeating Democratic Party nominee Bob Springmeyer.[26] He left office with his approval ratings over 80%.[27][28][29] Utah was named the best managed state by the Pew Center on the States.[30] Following his term as governor, Utah was also named a top 3 state to do business in.[31] The 2006 Cato Institute,(libertarian think tank) evaluation gave Huntsman an overall fiscal policy grade of "B"; the institute gave him an "A" on tax policy and an "F" on spending policy.

According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics' Current Population Survey, Utah was ranked number one in the nation in job growth during Huntsman's tenure, a rate of 5.9% between 2005 and 2009. However, according to the Bureau's Current Employment Statistics survey, Utah ranked number four in the country in job creation, with 4.8% growth. Utah trailed Texas (6.5%), North Dakota (7.5%), and Wyoming (9.5%).[32]

The Utah Taxpayers Association estimates that "tax cuts from 2005 to 2007 totaled $407 million." Huntsman proposed eliminating the corporate franchise tax for small businesses making less than $5 million. During his term as governor, he was successful in having Utah replace its progressive income tax (with a top rate of 7%) with a flat tax of 5%; cut the statewide sales tax rate from 4.75% to 4.65% and sales tax on unprepared food from 4.70% to 1.75%; and raise motor vehicle registration fees. He proposed a 400% increase in cigarette taxes, but the measure was never signed into law.

During his tenure, the state budget rose from $16.7 to $22.8 billion.[33] As a percentage of state GDP, state and local spending went from 20.22% of GDP in 2004 to 19.76% in 2008 and 21.47% in 2009. [34] Utah saw spending increases higher than inflation and in 2006 he proposed the largest state budget in the state's history.

He supported Cap and trade policies and as governor signed the Western Climate Initiative.[35] He also supported an increase in the federal minimum wage.[36] He also cut some regulations, including Utah's very strict alcohol laws.[37]

In 2007, he signed into law the Parent Choice in Education Act which he said was "the largest school-voucher bill to date in the United States. This massive school-choice program provides scholarships ranging from $500 to $3000 to help parents send their children to the private school of their choice. The program is open to all current public school children as well as some children already in private school."

Huntsman was one of John McCain's earliest supporters in the 2008 presidential campaign,[38][39] while most Utah and Mormon politicians supported Mitt Romney.[40] Huntsman helped McCain campaign in New Hampshire and went with him to Iraq over Thanksgiving 2007.[41] At the 2008 Republican National Convention, Huntsman delivered a nominating speech for Alaska Governor Sarah Palin, the party's nominee for Vice President.[42]

In 2008, he successively proposed tax credits for families purchasing their own health insurance, as well as income tax credits for capital gains and solar projects.[43

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon_Huntsman,_Jr.#Governor_of_Utah_.282005.E2.80.932009.29

howardroark

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2011, 03:03:00 PM »
^ Thought you guys were talking about Mitt  :-[

Huntsman isn't any better than Mitt. Club for Growth gave him an "F" on spending, since government spending increased over 30% under his watch as Utah Governor. Another guy with a horrid record.