Author Topic: newt coming back from the dead?  (Read 2433 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
newt coming back from the dead?
« on: January 20, 2012, 08:41:22 PM »
Oh my: Gingrich’s lead increasing in final hours before South Carolina vote? (Newt by 9 or 10)
HotAir ^ | 1/20/2012 | ALLAHPUNDIT
Posted on January 20, 2012 10:27:48 PM EST by TBBT

Normally I wouldn’t build a post around a single tweet but this one from PPP is too tantalizing to ignore. Polls open in SC tomorrow bright and early at 7 a.m.:

Newt posted his best numbers of our 3 day field period tonight

On Wednesday, they found Gingrich with a six-point lead. Yesterday they found the same. Today it’s … greater than six, although they haven’t posted the exact numbers yet. Jed Lewison of Daily Kos, which uses PPP as its pollster, guesses it’s now Newt by nine or 10 points, which makes sense if you assume another little boost from last night’s debate plus Perry dropping out and endorsing Gingrich. The exact numbers are less important, though, than the fact that Newt’s apparently putting distance between himself and Romney as time runs out. Hard to see how he doesn’t win now — dirty tricks notwithstanding. (He’s at 82 percent on InTrade, up more than 10 points from this afternoon.)

(Excerpt) Read more at hotair.com ...

howardroark

• Getbig IV
  • Resident Objectivist & Autodidact
Re: newt coming back from the dead?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2012, 09:00:16 PM »
Wow.

So Santorum first in IA?
Then Mitt first in NH
Ron Paul gaining significant delegates in both
and now Newt first in SC

Sounds like it's going to be a fun and interesting race.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2012, 09:05:09 PM »
Wow.

So Santorum first in IA?
Then Mitt first in NH
Ron Paul gaining significant delegates in both
and now Newt first in SC

Sounds like it's going to be a fun and interesting race.

As of today I am RP, RS, NG, MR in that order. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2012, 09:16:35 PM »
I really want to fucking puke.  The fucking media made this Newt issue a positive by being the douchebag losers they are.  Newt turned it on the media and it works because we all hate the fucking media.  So now the media is pandering to Newt for the full sob story because they ended up looking like asses ::)

Brilliant,.... I still want to puke because he doesn't deserve a speck of this shit.  This is born out of hate of the media, not Newt being in the right.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2012, 09:20:38 PM »
listening to CNN interview people, there are a shit load of people who say they are changing their vote to Newt because of the big question on his marriage he hit out of the park ::)

Now that's fucking delusional.  That's people changing their vote based on hate of the media...  Brilliantly played by Newt, fucking lame by the voters...

howardroark

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2012, 09:30:10 PM »
As of today I am RP, RS, NG, MR in that order. 

I am RP all the way.

In terms of, excluding RP, who is the least evil, I rank them as MR, NG, RS.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2012, 09:32:24 PM »
Ugh.
Not a fan of Newt, but I hate Santorum..
If not RP, Im on the fence, I dont know who I dislike more, Newt or Romney.
Probably Romney, only based on the fact that I believe he's just another Obama.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2012, 09:34:18 PM »
I am RP all the way.

In terms of, excluding RP, who is the least evil, I rank them as MR, NG, RS.
how do you even begin to judge where mitt ranks?  The guy so obviously just says what he thinks will get him elected.  Nobody has as many flip flops as Romney.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2012, 09:37:13 PM »
Newt is going to win this thing.  People are going to jump on that waggon just because of his debate skills and ability to handle shit tossed in his face, even if he does deserve it.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2012, 09:37:25 PM »
how do you even begin to judge where mitt ranks?  The guy so obviously just says what he thinks will get him elected.  Nobody has as many flip flops as Romney.
Im amazed he's getting such a pass, when people have went fucking psycho on that in the past.
Who was the notorious flip flopper in the past races? Kerry?
I cant remember, but I do remember people flipping a fucking lid that the man had no convictions, makes him look like a tool that doesnt give a shit about the country, just about the power and prestige of the presidency.

howardroark

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2012, 09:41:52 PM »

Mitt at least has real private sector experience that's impressive. Cutting down companies, downsizing their operations, making them more efficient is a selling point to me. He also has a record of balancing budgets. And his flip-flops don't concern me that much, since I like his positions on gay marriage and abortion before he flipped. Fiscally responsible, socially moderate is preferable to the other candidates out there besides Ron Paul.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2012, 09:44:37 PM »
Im amazed he's getting such a pass, when people have went fucking psycho on that in the past.
Who was the notorious flip flopper in the past races? Kerry?
I cant remember, but I do remember people flipping a fucking lid that the man had no convictions, makes him look like a tool that doesnt give a shit about the country, just about the power and prestige of the presidency.
yea, I think it's obvious, they're going to hand this to Newt.  Mitt is just too shaddy with his flip flopping.  You have vids of mitt for abortion and now he's against it but before that he was against it when he was interested in running in Utah...  People see Mitt for what he is...  And Newt is a fucking turd but people are going to settle with the fact that nobody on the stage can debate like he can.  He can bullshit better than anyone.

Newt wins this primary...  and I'm going out back to puke now.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2012, 01:47:15 AM »
cann handed him a softball.  they WANT a close race that goes down to the wire.  good for ratings $$$$$$$$$$$4

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2012, 04:59:47 AM »
I hope this goes down in history as the race "the media won" so people can finally begin to get it into their heads that they are allowing the media to use their own personal bias to manipulate the viewers and dictate who gets elected.

People need to figure this out, and not decide to vote for Gengrich "cause he answered the marriage question well".

I mean, WTF?! Not where he stands on the issues, not what his record has been, just how well he answeres questions!?

Thats why we have Barack Obama, and look how fucking good that worked out!

Im seriously begining to doubt the mental capacity of the average voter. I think our country is doomed because of these weak minded idiot citizens.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2012, 05:07:37 AM »
I think people like the fact that Newt attacks Obama and is a fighter and is aggressive.   RP, like I have said endlessly, is a horrible campaigner and is holding itself back by refusing to attack Obama.

Purge_WTF

« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2012, 05:08:35 AM »
  Romney is a white Obama--someone who's just gonna sit on the sidelines and do as he's told. Gingrich is a dinosaur who can't find his way into the nearest tarpit.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2012, 06:04:37 AM »
 Romney is a white Obama--someone who's just gonna sit on the sidelines and do as he's told. Gingrich is a dinosaur who can't find his way into the nearest tarpit.

If newt wins, I can't wait for him to call thugbama a Saul Alinsky radical on stage

howardroark

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2012, 06:57:12 AM »
I hope this goes down in history as the race "the media won" so people can finally begin to get it into their heads that they are allowing the media to use their own personal bias to manipulate the viewers and dictate who gets elected.

People need to figure this out, and not decide to vote for Gengrich "cause he answered the marriage question well".

I mean, WTF?! Not where he stands on the issues, not what his record has been, just how well he answeres questions!?

Thats why we have Barack Obama, and look how fucking good that worked out!

Im seriously begining to doubt the mental capacity of the average voter. I think our country is doomed because of these weak minded idiot citizens.

In the past two weeks I've gone door-to-door for Ron Paul three times... you won't believe what certain voters look for in a candidate. One lady's main concern were "the windmills" near Flint, MI because she likes the way they look. And then there were others who didn't care about any issue except abortion. Like, seriously? You don't care about the economy or the young American boys getting killed overseas?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2012, 08:59:37 PM »

Newt is killing it for things like in this clip.

You guys need to understand, if Ron Paul said something like this, he would go to the top.   

You can't expect the average idiot to appreciate theory, etc, people want Obama GONE! 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2012, 09:47:51 PM »
Schmidt: GOP Establishment Will Have A Meltdown If Newt Wins Florida
RealClearPolitics ^
Posted on January 21, 2012 11:01:49 PM EST by VinL

Schmidt: "Not only are we not moving toward a coalescing of support with the establishment of Newt Gingrich, we're probably moving toward a declaration of war on Newt Gingrich by the Republican establishment. And if Newt Gingrich is able to win the Florida primary, you will see a panic and a meltdown of the Republican establishment that is beyond my ability to articulate in the English language. People will go crazy,"

And you will have this five week period until the Super Tuesday states that will be just as unpredictable, tumultuous as any period in modern American politics. It will be a remarkable thing to watch, should that happen in Florida."

Maddow: "Is there a component of that which is building a firewall around Mitt Romney, protecting him? We saw the establishment try to do that and Romney helping, saying “You can’t talk any smack about Bain. Bain is what I want to run on, it has to be positive, don’t undercut that at all.” Which to me, was like a flashing red neon arrow, “here’s my glass jaw, please don’t hit it.” Is there a way to protect Mitt Romney other than, I think, this wrong approach, Ithey’ve taken with Bain."

Schmidt: "I think everybody in the establishment Republican circles in Washington D.C. is fixated on the numbers we talked about earlier. Newt Gingrich has a 100% name ID, has a 60% national unfavorable number and it’s a number so high that with the 100% name ID it’s impossible to come back from. You’re not electable in a general election, in a 2012 presidential election if your unfavorable numbers are that high. Particularly against a president, that while vulnerable...

(Excerpt) Read more at realclearpolitics.com ...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2012, 09:51:05 PM »
Mitt at least has real private sector experience that's impressive. Cutting down companies, downsizing their operations, making them more efficient is a selling point to me. He also has a record of balancing budgets.

True.  These are his strong points and partly what makes him far more qualified than Obama.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2012, 09:51:50 PM »
Schmidt: GOP Establishment Will Have A Meltdown If Newt Wins Florida
RealClearPolitics ^
Posted on January 21, 2012 11:01:49 PM EST by VinL

Schmidt: "Not only are we not moving toward a coalescing of support with the establishment of Newt Gingrich, we're probably moving toward a declaration of war on Newt Gingrich by the Republican establishment. And if Newt Gingrich is able to win the Florida primary, you will see a panic and a meltdown of the Republican establishment that is beyond my ability to articulate in the English language. People will go crazy,"

And you will have this five week period until the Super Tuesday states that will be just as unpredictable, tumultuous as any period in modern American politics. It will be a remarkable thing to watch, should that happen in Florida."

Maddow: "Is there a component of that which is building a firewall around Mitt Romney, protecting him? We saw the establishment try to do that and Romney helping, saying “You can’t talk any smack about Bain. Bain is what I want to run on, it has to be positive, don’t undercut that at all.” Which to me, was like a flashing red neon arrow, “here’s my glass jaw, please don’t hit it.” Is there a way to protect Mitt Romney other than, I think, this wrong approach, Ithey’ve taken with Bain."

Schmidt: "I think everybody in the establishment Republican circles in Washington D.C. is fixated on the numbers we talked about earlier. Newt Gingrich has a 100% name ID, has a 60% national unfavorable number and it’s a number so high that with the 100% name ID it’s impossible to come back from. You’re not electable in a general election, in a 2012 presidential election if your unfavorable numbers are that high. Particularly against a president, that while vulnerable...

Highly unlikely Newt wins Florida, but stranger things have happened.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2012, 08:22:26 PM »

Insider Advantage Poll - Florida (Newt 34, Mitt 25)
realclearpolitics.com ^ | 1/22/12 | staff
Posted on January 22, 2012 11:24:17 PM EST by TexasFreeper2009

Gingrich 34.4 Romney 25.6

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2012, 08:24:15 PM »
newt peaking way too early for florida.

and 125k FL ballots have already been cast via absentee, when romney was leading big time.

he could win it tho.  economy getting much better here TBH.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2012, 08:28:20 PM »
newt peaking way too early for florida.

and 125k FL ballots have already been cast via absentee, when romney was leading big time.

he could win it tho.  economy getting much better here TBH.

LOl!!!    You are setting yourself up for obamamania and we all know it!   LOL.