Author Topic: feeling great on tons of raw fruits like strawberries PLUS SPECIAL RECIPE FALCON  (Read 7513 times)

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
Jezebelle and I did make New Orleans Chicken and Sausage Gumbo and Water Ground Cornbread yesterday as a matter of fact.  I actually had to bake 2 Cast Irons full of Cornbread because I usually eat the whole thing and Jezebelle complains that she never gets any Cornbread so I made us each a skillet full.

The day before I made Buttermilk Vanilla Ice Cream with Whole whole fat Buttermilk and Honey.  Yesterday I actually went over my usual 2500 calories because I just couldn`t stay out of the Ice Cream and Cornbread.  Plus I probably was dazed from all the lead paint I was scraping.

Dont type that last part Adrian Falcon, the epa is hard up for cash
A

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
GROW SOME STRAWBERRIES Johnny.

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
 They move this great thread and take away strong strawberry knowledge for the masses but keep the skanky hoes and steroid protocols on the main.
O

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
Love strawberries. Just bought to plastic cartons of them and some blueberries. I clean up the strawberries throw them in some tupeware witht the blueberries and eat them as a dessert. So tasty and healthy. A litlte homemade wip cream would go real good with it.

Your fruit would last much longer if you didn't wash it until you were ready to eat it.
:

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
Johnny,

You oughta pick your own Strawberries.  They should be ready near April.  If you need help finding where to do so in your area, let me know.  You can come away with a ton at 50 cents to a dollar a pound.  Jezebelle and I once got 50 pounds in a single run.

Damn!  How do you deal with 50# all at once?  I go out picking every year, but only pick about 15# at a time.  I have to get them cleaned & hulled into the freezer within a day or so or they start to perish.  Very time consuming.

I've tried making jam, but I just can't get past the amount of sugar required.

Our picking season is very short - maybe 2-1/2 weeks with the size decreasing by week 2 (2nd crop).
: