Author Topic: George Zimmerman's Attorneys Quit, Say Client 'Disappeared'  (Read 688 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
George Zimmerman's attorneys said in a press conference Tuesday afternoon that they will no longer be representing him. The attorneys claim that Zimmerman repeatedly rebuffed their legal advice, and that they have now lost contact with him.

"As of now we are withdrawing as counsel for Mr. Zimmerman," Craig Sonner, one of his attorneys, told reporters outside the Seminole County Courthhouse in Sanford, Fla. "We've lost contact with him. Up to this point, we've had contact with him everyday. He's gone on his own. I'm not sure what he's doing or who he's talking to, but at this point we're withdrawing as counsel. If he wants us to come back as counsel, he will contact us."

Sonner said that he had never met Zimmerman face to face, and that their conversations have all taken place via telephone.

Zimmerman said he killed Trayvon Martin, an unarmed black 17-year-old, on Feb. 26 in the gated community where the girlfriend of the teenager's father lived in Sanford. Zimmerman, a neighborhood watch member, called 911 and told a police dispatcher that Martin, who was returning from a trip to a nearby convenience store, "looked suspicious." After an altercation, Zimmerman shot Martin in the chest. He told the local police that he shot Martin in self defense, and he was not arrested or charged.

Protesters around the country have held rallies calling for Zimmerman's arrest, and the Sanford police department has been the focus of withering criticism for its handling of the initial investigation. The case has become a flashpoint in the national debates over racial profiling and gun control laws.

Sonner said that he still believed that Zimmerman was acting in self-defense, which Zimmerman and his surrogates have maintained since the shooting. "Nothing that I've said about him or this case has changed in any way," Sonner said.

Uhrig said that Zimmerman had stopped responding to their phone calls, and that they had a "pretty good idea" of where he was, while Sonner maintained that Zimmerman was "still in the United States." Last week, Zimmerman's lawyers said their client was ready to surrender if charged with a crime.

"George Zimmerman in our opinion...is not doing well emotionally, probably suffering from post-traumatic stress syndrome, we understand from others that we may have lost a lot of weight," Uhrig said. "Our concern is that for him to do this...to handle it this way suggests that he may not be in complete control of what's going on. We're concerned for his emotional and physical safety."
HP via AOL

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
Re: George Zimmerman's Attorneys Quit, Say Client 'Disappeared'
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 05:40:09 PM »
Wouldnt suprise me if he showed up dead. Hell, there was a "dead or alive" bounty placed on his head.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 06:18:43 PM »
what will his supporters say when he claims a mental deficiency as a defense?   Alcohol 'addiction', anti-depressant use, fear of spiders or ladybugs, etc.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2012, 06:44:19 PM »
I feel for this guy. It must be tough seeing trailer trash like 240 form a lynch mob based off facts they make up as they go and ruining your life in the process.

Right now I could probably write 240's response for when the special prosecutor who likes playing tough guy with her cases charges him in the next few days.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2012, 06:50:15 PM »
i think it was a justified shoot.  I just think he's a lying POS who is destroying stand-your-ground rights for the next 20 years.  Tampa bay newspapers are calling for its review, as is at least one florida lawmaker.  it's only starting - a trial with all the bells and whistles will empower the anti-gun crowd.

all because this dude couldn't just use common sense and wait in his truck by the mailboxes like he told police he was doing.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2012, 06:53:42 PM »
i think it was a justified shoot.  I just think he's a lying POS who is destroying stand-your-ground rights for the next 20 years.  Tampa bay newspapers are calling for its review, as is at least one florida lawmaker.  it's only starting - a trial with all the bells and whistles will empower the anti-gun crowd.

all because this dude couldn't just use common sense and wait in his truck by the mailboxes like he told police he was doing.

The fuck are you talking about? I was reading The Week not even 4 hours ago and they had poll results showing the majority of Americans STILL SUPPORT "Stand your ground" laws.

Seriously, do you EVER research any of the claims you make or do you just make them up as you go? Your batting record is fucking atrocious. One would think you would change your swing after some of your other asinine claims over the years (Dems holding the house in 2010, Rick Scott getting no more than 20% of the vote, etc, etc) left you with egg on your face.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2012, 06:59:29 PM »
The fuck are you talking about? I was reading The Week not even 4 hours ago and they had poll results showing the majority of Americans STILL SUPPORT "Stand your ground" laws.

Seriously, do you EVER research any of the claims you make or do you just make them up as you go? Your batting record is fucking atrocious. One would think you would change your swing after some of your other asinine claims over the years (Dems holding the house in 2010, Rick Scott getting no more than 20% of the vote, etc, etc) left you with egg on your face.

Scott brown, Carolyn kennedy, stim bill, etc etc.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2012, 07:10:55 PM »
Free Republic
Browse · Search   Pings · Mail   News/Activism
Topics · Post Article
Skip to comments.

Neighbor: George Zimmerman called me
ClickOrlando.com ^ | April 10, 2012
Posted on April 10, 2012 10:04:17 PM EDT by Free ThinkerNY

SANFORD, Fla. - In the midst of attorneys saying they couldn't reach George Zimmerman, the neighborhood watchman who shot and killed Trayvon Martin, Zimmerman's neighbor says he talked to him Monday.

Frank Taaffe told Local 6 he spoke with Zimmerman on Monday afternoon around 1 p.m., just after special prosecutor Angela Corey decided not to send the case to a grand jury. He said Zimmerman called him and they talked for about 30 minutes.

Taaffe didn't go into huge detail about their conversation, but he did say Zimmerman's former attorneys weren't accurate when characterizing his emotional state at a news conference Tuesday. Zimmerman's attorneys Hal Uhrig and Craig Sonner have stepped down, saying they couldn't get a hold of Zimmerman and hadn't heard from him since Sunday.

"I was a little irate when I heard afterwards that people were concerned with-I guess one of them mentioned they were concerned for his mental well-being," Taafe said. "Of course he's going through some fluctuations in his life right now, but I can assure you that he was, once again, lucid, concise and clear. He wanted to share with the public that he called me."

(Excerpt) Read more at clickorlando.com ...