Author Topic: BLOGGER COULD BE THROWN IN JAIL FOR…WRITING ABOUT HIS DIET?  (Read 5014 times)

225for70

• Getbig IV
  • Suckmymuscle is OneMoreRep's little bitch
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/blogger-could-be-thrown-in-jail-for-writing-about-his-diet/
BLOGGER COULD BE THROWN IN JAIL FOR…WRITING ABOUT HIS DIET?

What bullshit...Shit i'm beginning to think that the mainstream medical community is all about profits.  ONly drugs cure disease.. ???

It’s the sort of story you expect to come from a third world superstitious kleptopcracy – yet it happened here on American soil, in North Carolina, thanks to good old fashioned state-level bureaucracy. Reason Magazine brings us the bizarre and senseless story of a Steve Cooksey, a former diabetic who put himself on the popular “Paleo” diet and decided to tell the world about his experiences, only to have the North Carolina Board of Dietetics and Nutrition (yes, that exists) come down on him:

This past January the state diatetics and nutrition board decided Cooksey’s blog — Diabetes-Warrior.net — violated state law. The nutritional advice Cooksey provides on the site amounts to “practicing nutrition,” the board’s director says, and in North Carolina that’s something you need a license to do.
Unless Cooksey completely rewrites his 3-year-old blog, he could be sued by the licensing board. If he loses the lawsuit and refuses to take down the blog, he could face up to 120 days in jail.
The board’s director says Cooksey has a First Amendment right to blog about his diet, but he can’t encourage others to adopt it unless the state has certified him as a dietitian or nutritionist.
It’s a distinction only an embittered bureaucrat could come up with. So long as you just say a particular diet is wonderful, or worked for you, you’re fine, but if you actually tell people to use it, you’re supplying nutritional advice. Never mind that the implication of any positive review of a product is that someone should use it.

But wait, there’s more! It seems Cooksey anticipated this objection and made sure to put a disclaimer at the bottom of every page of his website that says the following:

“I am not a doctor, dietitian, nor nutritionist … in fact I have no medical training of any kind.”
But says the bureaucrat responsible, that doesn‘t matter because he’s still trying to get people to trust him. One wonders when they will press charges against Amazon diet reviewers.

Nor is the diet in question – the “Paleo” diet – somehow revolutionary. In fact, it is a popular one with many people, nor is Cooksey the first to speak highly of it. He just happened to be the one who did it most comprehensively in North Carolina. And getting anyone to trust you without the Government’s say so down there is apparently a crime.

Carousel image courtesy Shutterstock.com

225for70

• Getbig IV
Re: BLOGGER COULD BE THROWN IN JAIL FOR…WRITING ABOUT HIS DIET?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 08:39:16 AM »
I could have swarn that Low carb diets were quite successful in treating diabetics in the Pre insulin era..

Imagine Tdizzle being thrown in jail for the advice on dieting etc..haha

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 08:41:05 AM »
How does this happen?  Why the fuck is Jared from subway not in jail then?  Same thing, he has his disclaimer just like this dude. Backwards ass shit there. The times are heating up gentlemen.

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2012, 08:41:37 AM »
Horseshit!!!!  What will the state of NC do when they get wind of the Adoinis diet?   ;D

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2012, 08:45:13 AM »
Only in America, "land of the free"...  ::)

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2012, 08:48:11 AM »

Yes!

Guess the country  ::)

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2012, 01:22:47 PM »
The mainstream medical community take an oath to the Hierarchy. If they break that oath, they are on their own and it consequences will never be the same. Like the Freemasons, all the low level people don't really have a clue as to what is going on at the top. And they don't care because they're living a very comfortable lifestyle. Shit dates back along time.

http://www.subtleenergies.com/ormus/tw/2serpents.htm

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2012, 01:46:56 PM »
fuck me i better delete my old posts

ron can you erase all written history of the great jeanay falyconyay?
A

Nomad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2012, 01:49:51 PM »
Jan. 12, Cooksey attended a nutrition seminar at a church in Charlotte. The speaker was the director of diabetes services for a local hospital.
“She was giving all the wrong information, just like everyone always does — carbs are OK to eat, we must eat carbs to live, promoting low-fat, etc.,” Cooksey said. “So I spoke up.”

wow...

woww....I am speechless at the moment. Some people still actually believe that fat is bad and that low fat diet is the key   ::) ::) ::)

The utter imbecility of such a view...I thought tons of data and experiments already refuted this blasphemy, human beings absolutely require fat / saturated fat to be eaten daily for optimum functioning.

No wonder this country is full of obese and the out of shape, when officials who we are supposed to trust to give out the correct information are out spewing nonsensical incorrect garbage.
all drugs - TPPIIP

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2012, 01:53:12 PM »
Yes!

Guess the country  ::)

Only in America

Not "only in America".   Don't act as if you don't have the same dipshit tonormal people ratios in your countries.  US just has more numbers, hence more opportunity for stupid shit.  It's just math.
Y

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2012, 01:54:57 PM »
who is this two santos mexican i keep hearing about
A

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2012, 02:01:18 PM »
They don't like you to go against the grain, literally.
O

225for70

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2012, 02:11:33 PM »

No wonder this country is full of obese and the out of shape, when officials who we are supposed to trust to give out the correct information are out spewing nonsensical incorrect garbage.

It's as if they are giving the people false information just so they can be unhealthy. Healthy individuals don't make the medical industrial complex any money..Sick fat bastards use medical services and pharm goods like they are going out of style.

noc

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2012, 02:28:54 PM »
Not "only in America".   Don't act as if you don't have the same dipshit tonormal people ratios in your countries.  US just has more numbers, hence more opportunity for stupid shit.  It's just math.

Where else is the health industry such big business? There's a pill for everything in America. Whose interest at heart do they really have?

cart@@n

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2012, 02:29:06 PM »
NWO coming fast.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2012, 03:09:12 PM »
Horseshit!!!!  What will the state of NC do when they get wind of the Adoinis diet?   ;D
Beat me to it!

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2012, 03:52:04 PM »
It's as if they are giving the people false information just so they can be unhealthy. Healthy individuals don't make the medical industrial complex any money..Sick fat bastards use medical services and pharm goods like they are going out of style.

Exactly. And for the same reason politicians never fix anything.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2012, 05:43:54 PM »
Where else is the health industry such big business?

Europe, India for starters.  India's is growing like crazy.

I'm sure if I bothered to Google you could finds tons of countries.

Y

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2012, 06:31:14 PM »
He is not going to spend anytime in jail. Rich doctors just suing him so he can cut a deal and shut down website.
A

noc

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2012, 05:44:27 AM »
Europe, India for starters.  India's is growing like crazy.

I'm sure if I bothered to Google you could finds tons of countries.

India actually provides most of the U.N's vaccinations, very cheaply.   

Free health care in Europe, not driven by the desire to make profit.

Private healthcare is outrageous in America, deal with it.

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2012, 06:24:24 AM »

Absolutely true !!
It's just that many Americans on board think shit is not going on in their country, only abroad.

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2012, 06:27:17 AM »
Absolutely true !!
It's just that many Americans on board think shit is not going on in their country, only abroad.

That's correct, have to remind them once in a while.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2012, 07:16:02 AM »
He is not going to spend anytime in jail. Rich doctors just suing him so he can cut a deal and shut down website.

This. 

Now I'm going to enjoy some NC BBQ today in honor of this.  ;D

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2012, 07:21:23 AM »
India actually provides most of the U.N's vaccinations, very cheaply.  

Free health care in Europe, not driven by the desire to make profit.

Private healthcare is outrageous in America, deal with it.
That still makes it "big business" in India, and correctly counters your point. 

Medical professionals/companies in Euro are not driven by profit?  They're still getting paid, regardless of who is paying it.

You're changing the argument anyway.
Y

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2012, 07:24:47 AM »
USA has the highest rate of religious people of all the developed countries. Grown people believeing in a made up entity and denying 100% proven theories of evolution.

Sorry, USA has a disproportionate large amounts of un-educated people

Do you have any data that shows the correlation between being religious and uneducated, or are you just guessing.

I don't care if you're right or wrong, but can you prove both of your statements above?
Y