Author Topic: Obama backs gay marriage  (Read 12819 times)

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Obama backs gay marriage
« Reply #200 on: June 07, 2012, 02:16:04 AM »
He believes that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, as do I. And, he believes that Christ died for our sins and to redeem mankind as do I.

Do all of our doctrinal philosophies match? NO! I never claimed they did.

But, enough of them match in the major social and political issues, for me to pick him over that goof Obama, any day of the week.

Romney wasn't my favorite of the GOP field. But, he is the survivor (and soon-to-be winner). I'm casting my vote for him, because we literally and figuratively can't afford anymore of Obama's foolishness.

You forgot Snowwhite and Santa Claus

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #201 on: June 07, 2012, 06:43:06 AM »
President Obama gets enthusiastic welcome at L.A. gay event
 LA Times ^ | 6-7-12 | LA Times

Posted on Thursday, June 07, 2012

Before launching into his serious remarks, the president seemed briefly caught off-stride when the audience interpreted as off-color a joke he made about a push-up competition between DeGeneres and his wife, initiated by the talk show host in February.

DeGeneres, Obama said, is "a great friend who accepts a little bit of teasing about Michelle beating her in push-ups. I think she claims Michelle didn't go all the way down."

(Excerpt) Read more at latimes.com ...

________________________ ___________________

What a degenerate.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #202 on: June 07, 2012, 07:18:45 AM »

Iowa NAACP leader quits over same-sex marriage flap

http://qctimes.com/news/local/iowa-naacp-leader-quits-over-same-sex-marriage-flap/article_ce71937a-afec-11e1-96dc-0019bb2963f4.html

22 hours ago  •  Rod Boshart

(112) Comments

DES MOINES — A prominent leader in the Iowa/Nebraska branch of the NAACP — the country’s oldest civil rights group — announced today that he is resigning as branch president and a national board member in the wake of the national organization’s decision to endorse marriage between people of the same gender.

The Rev. Keith Ratliff Sr. of the Maple Street Missionary Baptist Church in Des Moines issued a statement saying he was stepping down from the NAACP national board and as Iowa/Nebraska state conference president “due to the NAACP’s position and support of same-sex marriage.

“I want to thank the NAACP for the privilege to humbly serve in such an organization and thank all those I had the privilege to work with in the states of Iowa, Nebraska and throughout the country,” Ratliff said in the statement. He was unavailable for further comment.

Ratliff has been an outspoken critic of same-sex marriage rights and has spoken at Statehouse rallies seeking an amendment to the Iowa Constitution to undo a controversial, landmark state Supreme Court ruling in April 2009 that gave legal status to civil marriages involving same-gender couples. The proposed constitutional amendment would define marriage in Iowa as only between one man and one woman.

Earlier this year, the national board of directors of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People voted to support marriage equality.

During a Statehouse rally in March 2011, Ratliff said his support for traditional marriage was biblically based, adding, “This isn’t a private interpretation, a Burger King religion, and by that I mean a ‘have it your way’ religion.”

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #203 on: June 07, 2012, 09:01:41 AM »
Julia Roberts, Cher fundraise with Obama
 Politico44 ^ | 6/7/12 | BYRON TAU

Posted on Thursday, June 07, 2012 11:53:01 AM by ColdOne

President Obama concluded a star-studded evening of fundraising in Los Angeles Wednesday, appearing with singer Cher, actresses Ellen DeGeneres and Julia Roberts, and "Glee" stars Jane Lynch and Darrin Criss, among others.

In L.A. for two fundraisers (one for LGBT activists), Obama lauded the progress the country has made on gay rights — telling a story about a straight Marine who thanked him for ending the Don't Ask Don't Tell policy of the U.S. military.

“I could not be prouder of the work that we’ve done on behalf of the LGBT community,” said Obama in front of a crowd of about 600 at the Beverly Wilshire hotel.

Criss and DeGeneres introduced Obama, and the president was joined by L.A. mayor Antonio Villaraigosa, California Attorney General Kamala Harris, Cher, actor Jesse Tyler Ferguson of Modern Family and others.

At a second, smaller fundraiser at the home of Fox's "Glee" creator Ryan Murphy, Obama joked that he would not be breaking into song.

He was joined at that fundraiser by Witherspoon Banana Republic/Gap Inc. president Jack Calhoun, Glee actress Jane Lynch, and HBO executive Michael Lombardo.

(Excerpt) Read more at politico.com ...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #204 on: June 07, 2012, 10:45:20 AM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #205 on: June 07, 2012, 11:41:11 AM »

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #206 on: June 07, 2012, 01:01:15 PM »
The day gay issues and race issues are no longer important political issues is the day all voters become better off. 
'course, that's why they'll stay issues for much longer than they ever should
Y

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #207 on: June 15, 2012, 11:57:53 AM »
Obama Hosting Gay Pride Month Reception at White House
 Conservative Nation News ^ | June 15, 2012

(The Washington Examiner) -- Reelections are busy times for a chief executive, and President Obama’s last 24 hours have been unusually jam-packed, but one made easier by his best constituencies: movie stars, young immigrants and gay activists.

Obama didn’t return to the White House Friday morning until nearly 2 a.m. after attending two star-studded New York City fundraisers, including a stop at “Sex and the City” star Sarah Jessica Parker’s home where supporters paid $40,000 each and the Plaza Hotel where Mariah Carey sang and attendees paid $10,000 each.

Today, to the applause of labor unions, he planned to grant immunity to law-abiding children of illegal immigrants. That could essentially legalize 800,000 in a community that he is trying to woo in his reelection.

And before traveling to Chicago this afternoon, he is hosting a Gay Pride event at the White House where he will be cheered for his recent endorsement of same-sex marriage. At the LGBT Pride reception, he will be pressed to sign an executive order to end workplace discrimination based on sexual preferences, the so-called Employment Non-Discrimination Act.

(Excerpt) Read more at conservativenationnews.b logspot.com ...

________________________ ________________________ ___________________

Gays, illegals, enviro marxists, etc  -

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #208 on: June 15, 2012, 12:08:59 PM »
Your obsession with faggotry is quite revealing.

What's a Log Cabin Republican meeting like?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #209 on: June 16, 2012, 06:40:46 AM »
Obama Hosts LGBT Pride Reception, Vows To Be ‘Advocate’ ["Panderer-in-Chief"]
 YahooNews ^ | June 15, 2012 | Olivier Knox

Obama Hosts LGBT Pride Reception, Vows To Be ‘Advocate’ By Olivier Knox

President Barack Obama promised a roomful of gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender (LGBT) activists on Friday that he would be their "fellow advocate" as long as he is in the White House.

Obama, hosting an LGBT Pride Month reception in the mansion's ornate East Room, thanked gay servicemen and —women for their service and alluded to the fitful process that led him to publicly endorse same-sex marriage.

"Americans may be still evolving when it comes to marriage equality," he said to laughter and applause. "But as I've indicated personally, Michelle and I have made up our minds on this issue."

Prior to his historic reversal on the issue, Obama had said he was "evolving" on whether to back same-sex marriage. Aides insisted he had always planned to come out in favor even before Vice President Joe Biden forced his hand.

(Excerpt) Read more at news.yahoo.com ...

________________________ ________________________ __

Treats the average taxpayer like human toilet paper.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #210 on: June 16, 2012, 09:36:51 AM »
Obama Celebrates Anti-Police Riot Started at Mafia-Owned Bar for Transvestites
 CNSNews ^ | June 16, 2012 | Terence P. Jeffrey

(CNSNews.com) - At a White House reception held Friday evening in honor of Lesbian Gay Bisexual and Transgender Pride month, President Barack Obama celebrated a 1969 anti-police riot that started in what the New York Times reports was an illegal Mafia-owned bar for transvestites.

“Now, each June since I took office, we have gathered to pay tribute to the generations of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender Americans who devoted their lives to our most basic of ideals--equality not just for some, but for all,” Obama said.

“Together we’ve marked major milestones like the 40th anniversary of the Stonewall riots, when a group of brave citizens held their ground against brutal discrimination,” said Obama. “Together, we’ve honored courageous pioneers who, decades ago, came out and spoke out; who challenged unjust laws and destructive prejudices. Together, we’ve stood resolute; unwavering in our commitment to advance this movement and to build a more perfect union.”

The “Stonewall Riot” that president Obama referred to started when police raided a New York City saloon called the “Stonewall Inn” that catered to transvestites. In a 2010 obituary for Seymour Pine, the police inspector who led the raid, the New York Times reported the basic facts of the incident, describing the inn as "an illegal club frequented by cross-dressers."

“The club, on Christopher Street near Seventh Avenue South, was owned by members of the Mafia,” the Times reported. “Inspector Pine later said he conducted the raid on orders from superiors.

“About 200 people were inside,” said the Times. “When the officers ordered them to line up and show identification, some refused. Several transvestites refused to submit to anatomical inspections. Word of the raid filtered into the street, and soon hundreds of protesters gathered outside, shouting ‘gay power’ and calling the police ‘pigs.’

“The turning point came when a lesbian fought with officers as she was pushed into a patrol car,” said the Times. “The crowd rushed the officers, who retreated into the club. Several people ripped out a parking meter and used it as a battering ram; others tried to set fire to the club. It took police reinforcements an hour and a half to clear the street.

“It was the start of several nights of rioting, during which the police used force to disperse crowds that sometimes numbered in the thousands,” said the Times. “Fewer than three dozen protesters were arrested, but hundreds were detained and released.”

At Friday's White House reception, Obama predicted the LGBT movement would achieve the additional goals it seeks--including waht he called "marriage equality"--because of what he perceives as their persuasiveness and the example they set.

"We’ll get there because of every man and woman and activist and ally who is moving us forward by the force of their moral arguments, but more importantly, by the force of their example," said Obama.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #211 on: June 21, 2012, 10:26:09 PM »
Southern Baptists:  Gay Rights Not Civil Rights

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/SouthernBaptists/2012/06/20/id/442960

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #212 on: June 22, 2012, 03:45:56 AM »
Imagine that. A religious group that seeks to deny the rights of others.

Now I've seen it all.
G

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #213 on: June 22, 2012, 03:58:35 AM »
Imagine that. A religious group that seeks to deny the rights of others.

Now I've seen it all.

Like "freedom" loving republicans who are against minorities based on race, gender, immigrants, non-christians, political stands etc etc..? ;)

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #214 on: June 22, 2012, 05:08:56 AM »
Like "freedom" loving republicans who are against minorities based on race, gender, immigrants, non-christians, political stands etc etc..? ;)
they take the 'christ' out of christians.
w

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #215 on: June 22, 2012, 06:22:23 AM »

Those who continually play the race card, the Democrats, are the most racist people around.

If upholding immigration laws and respecting the sovereignty of the USA is racist, then so be it.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #216 on: June 22, 2012, 06:28:02 AM »
Those who continually play the race card, the Democrats, are the most racist people around.

If upholding immigration laws and respecting the sovereignty of the USA is racist, then so be it.

I didnt say they were racist, i said they were against diversity but claim to be for freedom which is like saying you are straight but dont like women

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #217 on: June 22, 2012, 05:05:47 PM »
I didnt say they were racist, i said they were against diversity but claim to be for freedom which is like saying you are straight but dont like women
hey, i'm gay but if if have to, i'll fuck pussy.
if it's the only way to get to the ass of her husband or boyfriend.
w

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #218 on: June 22, 2012, 06:21:33 PM »
Southern Baptists:  Gay Rights Not Civil Rights

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/SouthernBaptists/2012/06/20/id/442960

It wasn't that long ago that Southern Baptists weren't in favor of civil rights either (and I'll bet there are plenty that still aren't)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #219 on: June 23, 2012, 04:18:08 AM »
 :(

Sick.   

hey, i'm gay but if if have to, i'll fuck pussy.
if it's the only way to get to the ass of her husband or boyfriend.

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
« Reply #220 on: June 23, 2012, 12:12:51 PM »
Wrong.

Obama "barebacks" gay marriage.

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #221 on: June 23, 2012, 04:17:11 PM »
:(

Sick.   

what? now you have something against bangin' pussy?
w