• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
i
« on: May 24, 2012, 07:52:09 PM »
 :-[

oliolioli

• Getbig II
Re: P90x vs Insanity vs GSP Rushfit - which would you pick?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2012, 11:57:45 PM »
What is the rushfit program?

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2012, 03:29:04 AM »
Do rushfit, buy a swissball and before long youll be doing Nunchuck videos with sunglasses on on youtube!!

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2012, 03:31:21 AM »
;D.

I'll go get a sword too! 

OneMoreRep can help with that!

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2012, 03:32:21 AM »
Looks like they followed the 90x and insanity model. Guys that lift make fun of these programs but they are as hard as you want to make them.  Truth be told most bodybuilders couldn't keep up with an advanced crossfit, p90x or insanity group. They lack true conditioning. Strength is worthless without power and gas in the tank.  

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2012, 03:42:22 AM »
Get away from weights for awhile. You can always go back. You can also do something like two whole body routines a week and add in a conditioning program like P90x. 

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2012, 05:20:05 AM »
Looks like they followed the 90x and insanity model. Guys that lift make fun of these programs but they are as hard as you want to make them.  Truth be told most bodybuilders couldn't keep up with an advanced crossfit, p90x or insanity group. They lack true conditioning. Strength is worthless without power and gas in the tank.  

FYI crossfit = cult

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2012, 05:37:35 AM »
Those cleans were pretty pathetic.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2012, 05:46:42 AM »
Not looking to do that silly ass shit in rthe videos we see.  Saw this vid and got more interested knowing that Erik Owings made this video. .

At the top level crossfit is hard as hell. Most bodybuilders put it down because they would be put to shame trying to keep up.Many of the videos out there are showing low level people training. Look around your gym and think about if someone put up a video of some out of shape guy training and said this is bodybuilding.  

the trainer

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2012, 05:58:53 AM »
Guys - been lifting natty heavy as possible since 16 years old.   Am 37 now.  I'm strong but lifting for strength solely getting boring TBH.

I have done 5 shows in years past clean and don't see my self doing that again either. 

Looking to get better overall fitness and saw GSP rush fit but friends are telling me to do p90x

Personally I am leaning to GSP rush fit since I like MMA and have seen great reviews of rushfit.   

anyone do this program? 

Personally i am picking your mom tell her i am comming over to the bedroom tonight.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2012, 06:00:13 AM »
bench, squat, deadlifts FTW

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2012, 06:04:14 AM »
Batman squats, reverse lunges, and prone bridges, all with strict form.

mantronik

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2012, 06:07:37 AM »
Personally I am leaning to GSP rush fit since I like MMA and have seen great reviews of rushfit.

If you like MMA then do the equivalent to Insanity/P90X etc:
https://www.tapoutxt.com

TapouT XT is a true mixed martial arts (MMA) style extreme home fitness program. Lose weight build lean muscle and get ripped in 90 days! No weights no pull-ups and no gym memberships. Pro trainer and MMA conditioning coach Mike Karpenko leads you through 12-sweat drenching super-charged MMA style workouts in your own home to give you that rock hard TapouT body you want. You just need to Come And Get It!
12 MMA INSPIRED WORKOUTS

1. STRENGTH & FORCE
Get ready to bring the power as you sculpt lean muscle and upper body definition with extra focus on your chest shoulders and triceps. (53:41)
2. PLYO XT
Burn fat and improve athletic performance with this sweat drenching explosive plyometric lower body workout. (51:11)
3. CROSS CORE COMBAT
Melt away fat MMA style as you punch and kick your way to a shredded core in this hard twisting crack of the skull workout. (45:49)
4. COMPETITION CORE
Want TapouT Abs* Do this work out! Carve your upper middle lower abs and love handles at the same. (47:14)
5. BUNS & GUNS XT
Just what it says. Get that firm toned and lifted butt along with beach-ready biceps triceps and more. (31:20)
6. YOGA XT
You will look forward to this stretch-based yoga workout each week. But remember this is XT so don't expect any free passes here! You're gonna to feel it! (51:04)
7. SPRAWL & BRAWL
Melt away fat as you train like a fighter with this signature TapouT XT workout. Keep your workout towel handy for this one! (46:07)
8. MUAY THAI
Based on the MMA combat technique developed in Thailand this workout uses stand-up striking along with knock-out kicks that will reshape your entire body and burn fat XT style! (40:02)
9. RIPPED CONDITIONING
No weights. No pull ups. Pure muscle. This extreme conditioning workout will get you that ripped up TapouT body you want. (41:14)
10. ULTIMATE ABS XT
Good bye spare tire. Hello six-pack! This 15 minute ab blitzing workout is the key to getting rock hard TapouT Abs. (15:45)
11. CARDIO XT
When we say this workout is extreme we mean it. Cardio XT will make you earn it with sweat! (46:20)
12. LEGS & BACK
You'll be turning heads after a few sessions of this leg burning booty lifting back sculpting workout. (40:19)

mantronik

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2012, 06:15:27 AM »
I can send you some download links if you want (rapidshare, netload, extabit, oron etc)

flipper5470

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2012, 06:26:40 AM »
Bro - I do all that shit and have done that since im a teen for fucks sake.   Just trying to see if anyone has done any of these programs and whether they thought it worthwhile. 

Yup...been training for over 30 years.  Got tired of counting reps with dumbells...besides, I'm 50 now, my body doesn't want to lift like it did when I started as a 20 year old.  So, I primarily do HIIT sessions using bodyweight, sandbags, beer kegs, sledgehammers,  punching bags, medicine balls...anything to avoid the monotony of counting from 6-10...

Lifting got...boring

chunkramwell

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2012, 06:39:00 AM »

Upright Rows?

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2012, 05:41:41 PM »
One week in and this program is killer.   You don't realize how little you are doing in a normal gym workout w weights alone until you do some of this.

BTW - GSP is an animal.  Dude has insane endurance and cardio.
Thanks for the updates

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2012, 05:47:18 PM »
One week in and this program is killer.   You don't realize how little you are doing in a normal gym workout w weights alone until you do some of this.

BTW - GSP is an animal.  Dude has insane endurance and cardio.
Yeah - There is a reason Coach constantly has to tell people that Bodybuilders arent athletes.

Weight training in a bodybuilding routine is about the laziest thing you can do, athletically speaking. It does next to nothing for cardiovascular endurance, it does next to nothing for functional strength (obviously the big compound lifts are exempt from this), its next to worthless for anything other than looking good.

(Keep in mind this is relatively speaking, obviously someone who lifts in a BB style is going to be stronger and look better than your average fatass.)

Your Average GymRat

« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2012, 05:55:57 PM »
I would start with one of these vids.  Dont buy it just rip the info off the net and then customize one for yourself involving exercises and stretches yatta yatta that you respond to and areas you wanna tone.  These one size fots all just dont take into account the individual.  But if you wanna do this type of workout and have exercise experience yourself and knowledge of anatomy and kinesiology, which im sure you do, then use the format and come up with your own same style workout.  Or watch a couple vids and use that as a spring board to come up with your own shit.  Thats my .02
Or for those of us who have a job, purchase the program you would like and enjoy it. No need to try to piece this stuff together because you're broke.

Your Average GymRat

« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2012, 06:05:59 PM »
The other reason I chose the GSP program to start is that you only need two dumbbells.   P90x you need a whole bunch of other stuff.  insanity looks like he'll on your joints and I'm not into the ra ra Shaun t approach. 

I do want to check out TapOut xt after I'm done w my 8 weeks of this.
Better yet go to Amazon and buy Franco Columbu's book "Winning Bodybuilding" and start benching, squatting, curling, etc.

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2012, 06:14:21 PM »
This man should be given a phD in biomechanics  8)
follow the arrows

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2012, 06:19:03 PM »
The other reason I chose the GSP program to start is that you only need two dumbbells.   P90x you need a whole bunch of other stuff.  insanity looks like he'll on your joints and I'm not into the ra ra Shaun t approach. 

I do want to check out TapOut xt after I'm done w my 8 weeks of this.
Racist post reported.
follow the arrows

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2012, 06:20:20 PM »

I have been lifting for 15 years and have done 5 shows.   
LOL wouldnt have guessed in a million years, thats pretty cool man. What weight class were you?
follow the arrows

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2012, 06:38:38 PM »
It was local nat shows here in NY put on by a local org.  Nothing big.   

I think I stepped on the stage at 188 at 5 8.    I won one show for my weight class and second overall.  Others not so good.  Always screwed up the last week. 

I actually did one NPC show clean - NY Grand Prix - at Lehman college in the Bronx back in the day.   Kai Green won overall show and Ronnie Guest posed.   

I never saw anything like that before or after in person.   I have a pic w Ronnie and his arm took up most of the pic.
Have not seen a pro in person to this day, and most likely never will lol. Keep hearin about Ronnies incredible size in person, must have been a humbling experience   ;D
follow the arrows

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2012, 09:00:52 PM »
I've tried all three P90X, Rush Fit and Insanity, and from best to worst I'll have to rank them and give some info as to why I rank them where I do.

1. Rush Fit

- By far the best and most intense home training camp I have ever been through. You get results from Rush Fit faster than any of the other ones I've tried.

At first I when I saw that the workouts were shorter and the program was only 8 weeks, I thought it wasn't going to be too great. Boy, I was wrong.

What makes it better then the rest?

1. You need just about no equipment. Just yourself and two dumbbells.

2. The workouts are shorter but more intense. It's 10 minute warmup, followed by 5, 5 minute rounds (like an MMA fight) with 1 minute breaks in between. Then a 10 minute cooldown. So basically, a 25 minute workout.

3. There are multiple training calendars, unlike others. You can select from Beginner, Intermediate or Advanced. Whereas the P90X only has one workout routine which is not good for someone who is really out of shape.

4. The advanced workout calendar has AM AND PM workouts. Which is much better.

5. The nutrition guide is easy to follow, the whole program is easy to understand.

6. The program is a MMA-style conditioning program. MMA workouts are far more intense than any other conditioning workouts out there and I realized this when I did Rush Fit.

7. You see results FAST and I mean really fast.

8. After each workout is done, there is nearly an hour of them explaining the workout and what everything does and going over anything that needs addressing.

9. There is a pre-Rush Fit assessment, where you do 1 minute of squats, 1 minute of pushups, 1 minute of situps and 1 minute of burpees with 20 second rest in between. You also measure your whole body from biceps, to hips, to waist, etc. Then after Rush Fit, you do all this again to see how drastically your numbers change and let me tell you this, they change DRASTICALLY.

10. You are training with UFC champion Georges St. Pierre, and his personal strength and conditioning coach who helped get him to where he is right now and thats one of the most conditioned and fit fighters in all of Mixed Martial Arts.

Downsides

1. The only downside is not even a major one. Since it is an MMA training camp, one of the work outs (the fight conditioning DVD) might take some getting used to. As they work with punches and MMA techniques such as combinations, twisting your hips into punches when shadow boxing, etc. However, these are simple and with practice it should be no problem. They teach you everything in the DVD aswell and how to do everything.

2. Insanity

I don't have much to say. It's very close behind Rush Fit, but it doesn't get the number one spot.

Rush Fit seems a lot more professional and is more intense and I got better results from it.

3. P90X

Great program, but by far too annoying.

You need a lot of equipment, there is only one calendar, the workouts are not as intense as the other two, theres not as much testing involved before starting. There is just a lot of downsides to this.

Don't get me wrong, if you do it, you will get results 100% guarenteed. Problem is, why go through the trouble of P90x when you got two better workout programs you can use?

Via bodybuilding.com.

have you tried these