Author Topic: Romney still refusing to take a position on Obama exec order on immigration  (Read 4476 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Even Bill Kristol agrees it's time for Romney to take a position here.

I guess he's waiting to listen to Rush on Monday to decide where he stands ;)

Mitt Romney refuses to say whether he’d repeal the Obama administration’s decision to stop deporting certain undocumented immigrants.

In an interview with Bob Schieffer aired Sunday on CBS’s “Face the Nation,” the presumptive Republican presidential nominee five different times declined to answer whether he would conduct the same policy President Barack Obama on Friday announced his Department of Homeland Security will now pursue.

Instead of answering the question posed, Romney called for a permanent solution.

“With regards to these kids who were brought in by their parents through no fault of their own, there needs to be a long-term solution so they know what their status is,” Romney said. “This is something Congress has been working on, and I thought we were about to see some proposals brought forward by Sen. Marco Rubio and by Democrat senators, but the president jumped in and said I'm going to take this action, he called it a stop-gap measure. I don't know why he feels stop-gap measures are the right way to go.”

After Schieffer asked, directly, four additional times if Romney would repeal the policy without receiving an answer, Romney called the move political.

“I think the timing is pretty clear, if he really wanted to make a solution that dealt with these kids or with illegal immigration in America, than this is something he would have taken up in his first three and a half years, not in his last few months,” he said.

Romney has yet to offer an opinion on the merits of Obama’s immigration policy change. On Friday, he told reporters in New Hampshire that he supports Rubio’s proposal, which has yet to be introduced in the Senate.

On “Fox News Sunday,” Weekly Standard editor Bill Kristol said Obama’s moved successfully undercut both Rubio and Romney.

“This was the anti-Marco Rubio initiative by the administration,” Kristol said. “They were scared. Sen. Rubio was about to introduce his version of the Dream Act, which would have been closer to what President Obama announced than the actual Democratic Dream Act. I wish Rubio had introduced it over the last month or two. He got stalled, not every Republican was on board, the Romney campaign’s been cautious about it.”

And Kristol said Romney, who during the GOP primary staked out a more conservative position on immigration than his opponents, in particular Texas Gov. Rick Perry, is now in a tight spot.

“This is a big problem for Romney,” Kristol said. “He needs to take the lead on this, and in my view embrace Marco Rubio’s Dream Act if that’s what he wants and say, ‘Let’s pass this in Congress over the next few months, this is what I’m for.”

politico.com

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
G

howardroark

• Getbig IV
  • Resident Objectivist & Autodidact
The Republican Party has seen better days regarding this issue:

“The problem has to be solved. We have... made illegal some kinds of labor I’d like to see legal... We’re creating a whole society of really honorable, decent, family-loving people who are in violation of the law... These are good people, strong people.” - George Bush

“I believe in the idea of amnesty for those who have put down roots and lived here even though some time back they may have entered illegally.” - Ronald Reagan

http://www.independent.org/newsroom/article.asp?id=3314

240 is Back

• Getbig V
yeah, obama really cut em off at the kneees with this executive order.

Romney can't even tell us if he'll fucking revoke an ILLEGAL order by Obama.  WTF?  There is no denying it's illegal - obama admitted it himself, and romney knows it is illegal too.

So scared to piss off the hispanic vote. 

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
yeah, obama really cut em off at the kneees with this executive order.

Romney can't even tell us if he'll fucking revoke an ILLEGAL order by Obama.  WTF?  There is no denying it's illegal - obama admitted it himself, and romney knows it is illegal too.

So scared to piss off the hispanic vote. 

And they claim Romney would have given the order to kill OBL

The man cant even tell where he is on the issues

240 is Back

• Getbig V
1) Romney will listen to rush at noon EST today.

2) tonight, romney will make a statement and take the SAME position as Rush suggests.

Yes, romney had NO position when asked over and over on sunday.  But suddenly,he will have an answer on monday night, and it will 100% match what Rush suggests from 12:02 to 12:14 on his show today.  WATCH AND SEE haha.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

2) tonight, romney will make a statement and take the SAME position as Rush suggests.

Yes, romney had NO position when asked over and over on sunday.  But suddenly,he will have an answer on monday night, and it will 100% match what Rush suggests from 12:02 to 12:14 on his show today.  WATCH AND SEE haha.

hahahahaa romney is a getbig member

chadstallion

• Getbig IV

and after he listens to Rush-
he'll read whatever 333386 has to say.
then waffle.
w

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
and after he listens to Rush-
he'll read whatever 333386 has to say.
then waffle.

i don't think he has enough  time to read 333386 130+ post  :D :D :D :D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
 :)

If he wants to win he would.  Romney is a milqeutoast panzie and does not understand the devious ways of the typical ghetto slum communist like obama like I do. 

Romney needs more scrappy street fighter tactics and less thurston howell the third. 

Obama is trying to foment civil war and it will take agressive people to go after him.

i don't think he has enough  time to read 333386 130+ post  :D :D :D :D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  Romney is a milqeutoast panzie

Sounds like the kid of guy we want staring down Putin, China, and Kim Jung Chunky when shit hits the fan.

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
From a political standpoint he doesn't really have to say anything.

Obama and his team probably threw this out there (for many reasons) to make Romney panic and start to throw stuff out quickly and rapid-fire in an ill-timed response. From the looks of it, Mitt has decided not to play. A lot of things can go wrong with a sensitive subject like this, especially if you shooting from the hip. I'm sure he'll take flack for not really saying anything, but at the same time he isn't giving Obama or his media allies anything to take out of context or whatnot.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
After taking a hard line approach to it during the primaries in order to suck up to the fringe wacko vote, Romney isn't going to open his mouth now over this.

Once he is confronted with it, he is going to get hammered hard no matter what his answer is.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
90 minutes until Rush tells him how to feel about the issue.

it'll be a relief for getbiggers who also cannot yet take a position on if the bill should be overturned or not.  Finally you guys will be allowed to possess an opinion on the matter.  Been a rough weekend on getbig, none of yall will comment (yet).  Leadership will now tell you what's right or wrong, around 12 pm EST.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

it'll be a relief for getbiggers who also cannot yet take a position on if the bill should be overturned or not.  Finally you guys will be allowed to possess an opinion on the matter.  Been a rough weekend on getbig, none of yall will comment (yet).  Leadership will now tell you what's right or wrong, around 12 pm EST.

Oh please 180.   You are a sham and a fraud.   Your trolling is beyond stupid at this point.   you cheer on obama for doing things you attack everyone else over.

Fuck off.   

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Oh please 180.   You are a sham and a fraud.   Your trolling is beyond stupid at this point.   you cheer on obama for doing things you attack everyone else over.

Fuck off.   

And your trolling of Obama is not?

240 is Back

• Getbig V

Fuck off.   

obama took an ILLEGAL action here.  I can't understand why romney won't vow to overturn an illegal law.  he promises to overturn a shitload of illegal obama exec orders the minute he gets into ofice... just not this one ;)

we know why.  you know why.  hispandering.  I'm accusing obama of illegal legislation and saying it TOTALLY needs overturned.  it's the DREAM act, which disgusts me.  It just doesn't disgust people like barrack, rubio, or mittens.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
25 minutes until Rush takes the air and delivers romney's upcoming opinion.   

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
25 minutes until Rush takes the air and delivers romney's upcoming opinion.   

LOL!!!

Romney is going to be the next Michael Steele of the GOP.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
LOL!!!

Romney is going to be the next Michael Steele of the GOP.

Obama is already the next Jimmy Carter of the Demo Party.   

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
Your desperation would be quite amusing if it weren't so pathetic.

Hawk

• Time Out
  • Getbig II

it'll be a relief for getbiggers who also cannot yet take a position on if the bill should be overturned or not.  Finally you guys will be allowed to possess an opinion on the matter.  Been a rough weekend on getbig, none of yall will comment (yet).
  Leadership will now tell you what's right or wrong, around 12 pm EST.
hahaha  ;D
This board definitely seems infested with Obama-hating DITTOHEADS.

Why anyone would cling to the opinion of that fat blowhard to decide what to think is beyond me.  ::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
hahaha  ;D
This board definitely seems infested with Obama-hating DITTOHEADS.

Why anyone would cling to the opinion of that fat blowhard to decide what to think is beyond me.  ::)

Don't need Rush to convince people that Obama is a disastrous failure.  Rush is for entertainment, as is Obama at this point.

Obama comes on tv and I literally can't help but laugh my fucking ass off at his delusions and idiocy.   

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
A

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
From a political standpoint he doesn't really have to say anything.

Obama and his team probably threw this out there (for many reasons) to make Romney panic and start to throw stuff out quickly and rapid-fire in an ill-timed response. From the looks of it, Mitt has decided not to play. A lot of things can go wrong with a sensitive subject like this, especially if you shooting from the hip. I'm sure he'll take flack for not really saying anything, but at the same time he isn't giving Obama or his media allies anything to take out of context or whatnot.

Compare this post to the rest of the trash posted in this thread and you'll see a stark difference. This is an intelligent, coherent response while the others are the typical talking point opinions regurgitated by the sub-100 IQ morons like 240 and jobless BlackenWhork the autistic.

Can't forget the lost puppy dog Lurker and his dozen posts stalking 333.