Author Topic: My Old School Bulk Up  (Read 13583 times)

the trainer

Re: My Old School Bulk Up
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2012, 09:47:44 AM »
10 pounds of fat, you mean. Stop before you kill that poor bastard, his cholesterol levels goes sky high and only thing he is gaining, is more body fat. Have you measure his BF%? Of course not. And please explain what you mean with that low protein nonsense?

I know the magazines fooled you into believing that you need 30o grams of protein a day to build so they can sell more whey protein but that is a lie if you are bulking up a high carb diet is the way to go, now protein burns up one third its own weight in fat that is why you lose weight on a high protein diet, so if you want to bulk up but and still be muscular you have to take in more fat than protein .

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2012, 10:38:19 AM »
i think his name was rome, that was the solid lookin dude with the joe weider type mustache. when they closed down it sucked ass, u remember soon as u walked in they had that huge black and white 4ft arnold poster on the wall? i used to buy all my stuff from there and i miss it. i still drive down that side street once in awhile when im on bloomfield ave
yes,,,,there was another place where i live now yrs ago now closed in clifton 'la placa's 'equipment,supps,nice people i new there nephew well...

SilverSpoon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2012, 11:13:23 AM »
Wonder Health & Barbell was awesome.

Romeo had his own little gym in the back.  Some interesting leverage equipment from a company that makes motorcycle seats, Corbin Gentry.

He was big on the company Healthy 'N Fit.  There stuff is quality ingredients, but they always seem to have a bad aftertaste, I think due to Stevia.

He had a good selection of grip equipment too, and let us not forget that he was big on lecithin granules.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2012, 11:20:18 AM »
I put a client on my new old school bulk up diet and he is growing like a weed, the idea is high carb, high fats and medium to low protein, he drinks lots of coconut mik, coconut oil, olive oil in your rice, peanut butter mixed with oatmeal etc, he gained 10 pounds so far.
check anthony dittillo web site for all things bulking.
F

Ropo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2012, 02:19:24 PM »
I know the magazines fooled you into believing that you need 30o grams of protein a day to build so they can sell more whey protein but that is a lie if you are bulking up a high carb diet is the way to go, now protein burns up one third its own weight in fat that is why you lose weight on a high protein diet, so if you want to bulk up but and still be muscular you have to take in more fat than protein .

So, you are inventing this business all over again by yourself, without any evidence that you are right and 100 years of bodybuilding is wrong? Congratulations, you have prove that you are an idiot, but that we all already know, so tell us something new. For example, you can tell us how that sugar(carbs) helps muscles to build up, while all it will add in your system is fat. It is widely proven fact that bodybuilder needs some extra protein in his diet, and you claim that all that is wrong. Maybe you have some hard evidence, like figures how that client of yours have been able to decrease his body fat while he increase his muscle mass. I bet that only thing he is gaining, is BF%.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2012, 05:32:48 PM »
check anthony dittillo web site for all things bulking.

funk,is ditillo a north jersey lifter?the reason i ask is i worked with a older lady with the last name ditillo in elizabeth,nj back in 99 and she told me her son put out some books on weight training. matter of fact she gave me some blue books written by him and im gonna see if i can dig them up
R

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2012, 05:39:36 PM »
i found the 2 books she gave me, one says the development of muscular bulk and power by anthony ditillo,the next book say the development of physical strength. his mom was a really cool lady
R

the trainer

« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2012, 06:11:19 PM »
So, you are inventing this business all over again by yourself, without any evidence that you are right and 100 years of bodybuilding is wrong? Congratulations, you have prove that you are an idiot, but that we all already know, so tell us something new. For example, you can tell us how that sugar(carbs) helps muscles to build up, while all it will add in your system is fat. It is widely proven fact that bodybuilder needs some extra protein in his diet, and you claim that all that is wrong. Maybe you have some hard evidence, like figures how that client of yours have been able to decrease his body fat while he increase his muscle mass. I bet that only thing he is gaining, is BF%.

You are dumb to bodybuilding nutrition but i am here to free you from the brainwashing of the magazines, simple sugars in carbs will get you fat but when you eat slow digesting carbs like brown rice, steel cut oats that will not get you fat.

Ropo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2012, 11:59:20 PM »

You are dumb to bodybuilding nutrition but i am here to free you from the brainwashing of the magazines, simple sugars in carbs will get you fat but when you eat slow digesting carbs like brown rice, steel cut oats that will not get you fat.

Let me see...you believe to low protein diet and I am dumb? Well, most of the world see it another way around, and you know it as sure as we know that you can't prove a single bit of your theory by science. High protein diet and it's benefits is scientific fact, and that your mumbo jumbo low protein diet is a piece of crap. You can't show us how his BF% has changed, because it doesn't change better, and in fact, you can't get that information because you don't even know how to get it.

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2012, 12:21:43 AM »

Actually, this is exactly the bullshit you'll read in magazines. Congrats there.

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2012, 01:27:46 AM »

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2012, 03:50:21 AM »

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2012, 07:05:57 AM »

And here is a schooling for you...there are only three sugars recognized by the body...

1) Glucose
2) Fructose
3) Galactose

So...simple, complex, whatever all get broken down to one of those three....

Combine a simple carb (for example frosted flakes) with a couple whole eggs....you think those frosted flakes are going to be quick digesting??

Ever show us a pic of yourself douche bag?  I would LOVE to see you eat 1000kCals over your limit of the carbs you mentioned....and lets see how "not fat" you get.   ::)  Shut your mouth before you make yourself look like a dumb ass again

the trainer

« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2012, 10:56:00 AM »
And here is a schooling for you...there are only three sugars recognized by the body...

1) Glucose
2) Fructose
3) Galactose

So...simple, complex, whatever all get broken down to one of those three....

Combine a simple carb (for example frosted flakes) with a couple whole eggs....you think those frosted flakes are going to be quick digesting??

Ever show us a pic of yourself douche bag?  I would LOVE to see you eat 1000kCals over your limit of the carbs you mentioned....and lets see how "not fat" you get.   ::)  Shut your mouth before you make yourself look like a dumb ass again

You need my personal training services because you are lost, eating a lot of simple carbs cause rapid spike in blood sugar levels this can make you fat and turn you into a diabetic, eating slow digesting carbs is the way to go. if my clients where not seeing results they would have left but they are paying me good money because i am making  them big.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2012, 03:14:07 PM »
You need my personal training services because you are lost, eating a lot of simple carbs cause rapid spike in blood sugar levels this can make you fat and turn you into a diabetic, eating slow digesting carbs is the way to go. if my clients where not seeing results they would have left but they are paying me good money because i am making  them big.

::)  Next month in Flex magazine 20 new bicep moves that will add 3" to your arms in days.  Also, never before seen pics of arnold!

Prove to me what I said above about sugar is wrong. 

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2012, 03:25:34 PM »
i found the 2 books she gave me, one says the development of muscular bulk and power by anthony ditillo,the next book say the development of physical strength. his mom was a really cool lady
probably the same guy i'd say, i'd have to look it up his articles used to appear in ironman mag years back before john balik bought and ruined it.
F

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2012, 03:47:40 PM »
that sucks he died,RIP. when i knew his mom in 99-2000 he was still alive. did he die recently?
R

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2012, 04:03:12 PM »
that sucks he died,RIP. when i knew his mom in 99-2000 he was still alive. did he die recently?
his sons still run his website and both train.anthony jr and adam.
F

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2012, 04:08:08 PM »

I'm pretty sure the same folks as Anthony mentions Elizabeth, N J  quite a bit in his old articles. He died in 2002, I believe, in his mid 50's.

His boys turned into pretty good powerlifters themselves, here's their site -

http://ditillo.blogspot.co.uk/p/anthony-ditillo.html .

the trainer

« Reply #44 on: July 08, 2012, 09:04:13 PM »
::)  Next month in Flex magazine 20 new bicep moves that will add 3" to your arms in days.  Also, never before seen pics of arnold!

Prove to me what I said above about sugar is wrong. 

What you said is wrong its the speed of the digestion that decides if  the carb is going to make you fat or not like i said slow digestion of carbs is the key, but no problem keep eating your simple carbs and drinking your buckets of whey protein make the supplement companies rich and stay fat.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #45 on: July 08, 2012, 09:06:30 PM »
X

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2012, 11:34:41 PM »
Reg Park 5x5, Arnold's idol.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #47 on: July 09, 2012, 04:30:15 AM »
I'm pretty sure the same folks as Anthony mentions Elizabeth, N J  quite a bit in his old articles. He died in 2002, I believe, in his mid 50's.

His boys turned into pretty good powerlifters themselves, here's their site -

http://ditillo.blogspot.co.uk/p/anthony-ditillo.html .

thanks for the info, his mom was a really nice lady, we all called her grandma back then and she spoke very proudly of her son
R

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2012, 04:58:02 AM »
What you said is wrong its the speed of the digestion that decides if  the carb is going to make you fat or not like i said slow digestion of carbs is the key, but no problem keep eating your simple carbs and drinking your buckets of whey protein make the supplement companies rich and stay fat.

Prove me wrong...

Where do carbs start to digest?......dont bother google-ing it....carbs start digestion in mouth.  After that, you have the digestive process in the stomach....add to that the OTHER foods you eat with them.

Ask youself...why is ice cream so low on the glycemic index when its loaded with simple carbs?

BTW...I would love to see what you look like...I could post a shot TODAY and would venture I look better than you.  Oh and this is after a day of eating a big bag of Pizza Rolls, 1/2 package of oreos, customary 1 1/2lb of M&M's, 1/2lb bowl of Apple Jacks.....and more

the trainer

« Reply #49 on: July 09, 2012, 09:14:10 PM »
Prove me wrong...

Where do carbs start to digest?......dont bother google-ing it....carbs start digestion in mouth.  After that, you have the digestive process in the stomach....add to that the OTHER foods you eat with them.

Ask youself...why is ice cream so low on the glycemic index when its loaded with simple carbs?

BTW...I would love to see what you look like...I could post a shot TODAY and would venture I look better than you.  Oh and this is after a day of eating a big bag of Pizza Rolls, 1/2 package of oreos, customary 1 1/2lb of M&M's, 1/2lb bowl of Apple Jacks.....and more

Stop running your mouth and post the shot of your so called great physique, put up or shut up.