Author Topic: What is ephedrine HCL  (Read 2582 times)

sark

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
What is ephedrine HCL
« on: November 07, 2005, 02:01:08 PM »
Hi guys I'm new to these boards.  What is, in basic terms, ephedrine HCL?  I heard it was for fat loss but when I searched for it all I got was info about how it loosens mucus and relieves congestion and junk.
Thanks!!

Blake

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Re: What is ephedrine HCL
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2005, 02:51:09 PM »
Stolen from bb.com---

"The plant Ephedra contains two Ephedra alkaloids: pseudoephedrine and ephedrine hydrochloride (HCL).

While pseudoephedrine is a common ingredient in over the counter (OTC) sinus and nasal decongestant formulas, ephedrine HCL has typically been used as a bronchodilator and an inducer of thermogensis (the liberation of adipose tissue for oxidation into heat - fat burning). Both pseudoephedrine and ephedrine HCL are central nervous system stimulants.

Of the two alkaloids, ephedrine HCL has been the most popular, and has been used by those looking to enhance focus, increase feelings of well being, enhance sexual abilities, lose fat, and increase training effect. It is, chemically, an amphetamine-like substance, making its abilities to enhance focus, thinking and training unsurprising."

sark

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2005, 05:06:51 PM »
Wow thanks.  So ephedrine HCL hasn't been banned?

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2005, 06:32:35 PM »
What is, in basic terms, ephedrine HCL? 

Ephedrine HCL = Pharmaceutical
Ephedra = Plant/herb
:

sark

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2005, 08:42:01 AM »
Okay, so ephedrine hcl is marketed as a Bronchodilator, it will work as a fat loss supplement, and it is available OTC?   

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2005, 02:07:13 PM »
Okay, so ephedrine hcl is marketed as a Bronchodilator, it will work as a fat loss supplement, and it is available OTC?   

Yes - OTC (however, some places are now starting to require ID)

25mg Ephedrine
200mg Caffeine
3X Day
for fat loss
:

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2005, 07:44:52 AM »

Yes - OTC (however, some places are now starting to require ID)

25mg Ephedrine
200mg Caffeine
3X Day
for fat loss

If the OP is a newbie, I'd start with half those dosages to access your tolerance.  Ramp up the dosage slowly, then taper it when you come off.  If you don't taper off at the end your energy will crash suddenly and you'll feel lethargic for days.

Never take E/C in any combo 6 hours before bedtime or you'll be wide awake all night.  For me, the CNS effects start to decrease after about 10 days.