Author Topic: Obama: "If You've Been Successful, You Didn't Get There On Your Own" - lmfao!!  (Read 45053 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
I know exactly what he said.   

it's obvious that you don't

the only question now is whether your ignorance is genuine or not

I guess what you're tyring to tell us is that you are genuinely ignorant

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
it's obvious that you don't

the only question now is whether your ignorance is genuine or not

I guess what you're tyring to tell us is that you are genuinely ignorant

Then why don't you tell me what he said since obviously his eloquence and brilliant oratory and eloquence was not sufficient for most.   

SLYY

• Getbig IV
  • A mug only your mom could love...

Then why don't you tell me what he said since obviously his eloquence and brilliant oratory and eloquence was not sufficient for most.   

Here is what both candidates said:

July 13, 2012
Obama: "If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive."

July 18, 2012
Romney: "I know that you recognize a lot of people helped you in that business. Perhaps the banks. Investors. There’s no question your mom and dad, your school teacher, the people who provide roads, the fire and police."

It is obvious that the comments made by both candidates angers you greatly.  Do you have an alternative candidate you will be voting for or will you simply overlook the fact that you disagree with both candidates on this issue and vote Romney regardless?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Here is what both candidates said:

July 13, 2012
Obama: "If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive."

July 18, 2012
Romney: "I know that you recognize a lot of people helped you in that business. Perhaps the banks. Investors. There’s no question your mom and dad, your school teacher, the people who provide roads, the fire and police."

It is obvious that the comments made by both candidates angers you greatly.  Do you have an alternative candidate you will be voting for or will you simply overlook the fact that you disagree with both candidates on this issue and vote Romney regardless?

lol YOU ARE LEAVING OUT THE OTHER REMARK HE MADE WHICH SET OFF THE SHIT STORM. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com

which remark?   

SLYY

• Getbig IV

You mean the statement that comes right after the aforementioned quote?  You mean, where Obama says,  "somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive"...and then says "if you've been successful, you didn't get there on your own?"  That isn't the logical conclusion stemming from the prior statements?

Ok, now lets move on to Romney's statement:
"I know that you recognize a lot of people helped you in that business. Perhaps the banks. Investors. There’s no question your mom and dad, your school teacher, the people who provide roads, the fire and police."

Obama says, "If You've Been Successful, You Didn't Get There On Your Own"
Romney says, "I know that you recognize a lot of people helped you in that business."

Now, can you move on to the next issue?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana

Look, if you’ve been successful, you didn’t get there on your own. You didn’t get there on your own. I’m always struck by people who think, well, it must be because I was just so smart. There are a lot of smart people out there. It must be because I worked harder than everybody else. Let me tell you something — there are a whole bunch of hardworking people out there. If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you’ve got a business — you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen.

333 - I can't believe you are this dumb or pretending to be this dumb

the bold text above shows what he was refering to when he said "you didn't build that"  and "somebody else made that happen"

if you  don't  understand this or choose not to then there is simply nothing more to talk about

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Look, if you’ve been successful, you didn’t get there on your own. You didn’t get there on your own. I’m always struck by people who think, well, it must be because I was just so smart. There are a lot of smart people out there. It must be because I worked harder than everybody else. Let me tell you something — there are a whole bunch of hardworking people out there. If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you’ve got a business — you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen.

333 - I can't believe you are this dumb or pretending to be this dumb

the bold text above shows what he was refering to when he said "you didn't build that"  and "somebody else made that happen"

if you  don't  understand this or choose not to then there is simply nothing more to talk about

Again - and obama did build that?   No! 

The monies taken from taxpayers' productive labor and other taxes paid for that.   

Greedy communists like Obama act like this is all charity we need to be grateful for to these corrupt politicians like himself who have never worked a hard or productive day in their lives. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana

Again - and obama did build that?   No! 

The monies taken from taxpayers' productive labor and other taxes paid for that.   

Greedy communists like Obama act like this is all charity we need to be grateful for to these corrupt politicians like himself who have never worked a hard or productive day in their lives. 

he is not saying HE built it either

it sounds like you at least understand he is not referring to "your business" with that comment

btw- I'm done with you on this topic

No more time for you stupidity today

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
he is not saying HE built it either

it sounds like you at least understand he is not referring to "your business" with that comment

btw- I'm done with you on this topic

No more time for you stupidity today

So tell me what the fuck he is saying then!

I am going by his words, which when included w his mocking tone , seem obvious.  If you have an alternative meaning, explain it or we should let his words speak for themselves.       

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana

I am going by his words, which when included w his mocking tone , seem obvious.  If you have an alternative meaning, explain it or we should let his words speak for themselves.       

I'm done with you on this thread

scroll up and read or ask someone else to explain it to you

SLYY

• Getbig IV

Go by Obama's words 333386.  Then, go by Romney's words.

Romney says, "I know that you recognize a lot of people helped you in that business."

Now, can you move on to the next issue?  Or are you angry at both of them and suggest we vote for an alternative candidate?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you’ve got a business -- you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen

DOES THIS ALSO APPLY TO HENRY FORD? 

SLYY

• Getbig IV
If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you’ve got a business -- you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen

Of course.  Now you are getting it 33386.  

1. DOES THIS ALSO APPLY TO HENRY FORD?

2. Without roads, would Henry Ford be successful 333386?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

I don't give a shit about mittens.  He is a pandering dolt.   

When henry road created the model T there were no real roads and bridges or infrastructure for his cars.   

And teachers?  What about people who went to private school or are self taught?   Do they also owe their success to the AFT and the road crew? 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana

1. DOES THIS ALSO APPLY TO HENRY FORD?

2. Without roads, would Henry Ford be successful 333386?

not to mention that the US government was probably one of the first and largest customers of Ford, the Wright Brother etc..

SLYY

• Getbig IV

I don't give a shit about mittens.  He is a pandering dolt.   

Good.  If that's true, it's interesting that you left out "Mitten's" name in all the places you have mentioned Obama in this thread, as they both agree.

When henry road created the model T there were no real roads and bridges or infrastructure for his cars.

Without "real roads and bridges or infrastructure for his cars," there would be no car industry or Ford for you to drive today.   

And teachers?  What about people who went to private school or are self taught?   Do they also owe their success to the AFT and the road crew?   

I can go into detail and reexplain this to you, but that will waste both of our time. 

The bottom line is that Obama and Romney agree on the issue.  Their stance angers you to your core and you are welcome to have that emotion.  Just keep in mind that BOTH candidates share this opinion.  So, instead of starting a thread that bashes Obama and adding daily editorials by uninformed authors who are solely bashing Obama for his stance...create a thread about how angry you are that the two presidential candidates share an opinion that you dislike.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
this is embarassing at this point.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
this is embarassing at this point.

Yeah, for Obama.    He is now the butt of jokes and his bumbling and stuttering without his teleprompter produces a gaffe a sentence his supporters, including yourself, have to fall all over themselves to explain away.   

SLYY

• Getbig IV
Yeah, for Obama.    He is now the butt of jokes and his bumbling and stuttering without his teleprompter produces a gaffe a sentence his supporters, including yourself, have to fall all over themselves to explain away.   

Again, you forgot to mention the name Romney.

I don't give a shit about mittens.  He is a pandering dolt.  

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Again, you forgot to mention the name Romney.

The tone of Obama's statement was clear derisive towards business.  And again - he is FULL OF SHIT.  What romney said is not what obama said. 

Obama said that "IF YOU HAVE A SUCCESSFUL BUSINESS YOU DIDNT BUILD THAT".    What he means is that the existence of the roads, teachers, govt spending is what allowed business to be successful, which is pure nonsense, 

Businesses are successful because they offer a product or service people want that they can profitably deliver.   

Now - where is obama taking responsibility for when govt destroys businesses?   Seems to never be around to take the same credit for those thing right? 

Remember the 1300 dealerships he shut down and people he put out of work?     

SLYY

• Getbig IV
Now - where is obama taking responsibility for when govt destroys businesses?   Seems to never be around to take the same credit for those thing right?  

Remember the 1300 dealerships he shut down and people he put out of work?    

The scope of this thread and discussion is limited to the statement and speech made by Obama.  You were angered by his speech and its meaning.  Thus, Obama's responsibility for government destroying business or the 1,300 dealerships you refer to - are mere distractions meant to deviate attention from the issue that is suffocating you.

The tone of Obama's statement was clear derisive towards business.  And again - he is FULL OF SHIT.  What romney said is not what obama said.  

Obama said that "IF YOU HAVE A SUCCESSFUL BUSINESS YOU DIDNT BUILD THAT".    What he means is that the existence of the roads, teachers, govt spending is what allowed business to be successful, which is pure nonsense,  

Businesses are successful because they offer a product or service people want that they can profitably deliver.  

You are entitled to your interpretation.  Unfortunately for you, it is not up for interpretation as Obama summed up his speech by saying, "You’re not on your own, we’re in this together.”  THAT is the message and interpretation of the quote, "IF YOU HAVE A SUCCESSFUL BUSINESS YOU DIDN'T BUILD THAT."  Unlike you, I am not trying to interpret the speech myself.  Obama interpreted the sentence and overall theme of the speech with his concluding statement.

Now, back to Romney.  Romney stated, "I know that you recognize a lot of people helped you in that business. Perhaps the banks. Investors. There’s no question your mom and dad, your school teacher, the people who provide roads, the fire and police."  What does this mean?  It means, "You’re not on your own, we’re in this together.”  How do we know this?  
Romney said, these "people helped you in that business":
"banks,"
"investors,"
"your mom and dad,"
"your school teacher,"
"the people who provide roads", and
"the fire and police."

Again, you clearly disagree with BOTH presidential parties with regard to their opinion on what is required to run a successful business.  Excellent.  So, instead of starting a thread that bashes Obama and adding daily editorials by uninformed authors who are solely bashing Obama for his stance when Romney feels the same way...create a thread about how angry you are that the two presidential candidates share an opinion that you dislike.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Please show me where Obama referenced banks mom dad and apple pie in his screed? 

The scope of this thread and discussion is limited to the statement and speech made by Obama.  You were angered by his speech and its meaning.  Thus, Obama's responsibility for government destroying business or the 1,300 dealerships you refer to - are mere distractions meant to deviate attention from the issue that is suffocating you.

You are entitled to your interpretation.  Unfortunately for you, it is not up for interpretation as Obama summed up his speech by saying, "You’re not on your own, we’re in this together.”  THAT is the message and interpretation of the quote, "IF YOU HAVE A SUCCESSFUL BUSINESS YOU DIDN'T BUILD THAT."  Unlike you, I am not trying to interpret the speech myself.  Obama interpreted the sentence and overall theme of the speech with his concluding statement.

Now, back to Romney.  Romney stated, "I know that you recognize a lot of people helped you in that business. Perhaps the banks. Investors. There’s no question your mom and dad, your school teacher, the people who provide roads, the fire and police."  What does this mean?  It means, "You’re not on your own, we’re in this together.”  How do we know this?  
"banks,"
"investors,"
"your mom and dad,"
"your school teacher,"
"the fire and police."

Again, you clearly disagree with BOTH presidential parties with regard to their opinion on what is required to run a successful business.  Excellent.  So, instead of starting a thread that bashes Obama and adding daily editorials by uninformed authors who are solely bashing Obama for his stance when Romney feels the same way...create a thread about how angry you are that the two presidential candidates share an opinion that you dislike.

SLYY

• Getbig IV
Please show me where Obama referenced banks mom dad and apple pie in his screed?  

Why?  You have yet to claim ANY concern with Obama NOT referencing "banks mom dad and apple pie in his screed."  You didn't create this ongoing 13 page thread because Obama did not reference "banks mom dad and apple pie in his screed."  

Now that we are done with that nonsense, let's get to what prompted you to start this thread.  You are angered over the STATEMENT, "If You've Been Successful, You Didn't Get There On Your Own."  THAT is the statement you keep referencing constantly, correct?  So, let's focus on what Obama AND Romney specifically referenced in their speeches in order to understand the STATEMENT that has you "lmao!!!"  This will help clear up what Obama did and "did not reference" and it will allow us to compare his references to Romney's.

If you have an alternative meaning, explain it or we should let his words speak for themselves.      

Okay, let the words speak for themselves.

Obama's Speech:
Posted on July 15, 2012

Obama: "If You've Been Successful, You Didn't Get There On Your Own"

PRESIDENT BARACK OBAMA: There are a lot of wealthy, successful Americans who agree with me -- because they want to give something back. They know they didn’t -- look, if you’ve been successful, you didn’t get there on your own. You didn’t get there on your own. I’m always struck by people who think, well, it must be because I was just so smart. There are a lot of smart people out there. It must be because I worked harder than everybody else. Let me tell you something -- there are a whole bunch of hardworking people out there. (Applause.)

If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you’ve got a business -- you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen. The Internet didn’t get invented on its own. Governmentresearch created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet.

The point is, is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together. There are some things, just like fighting fires, we don’t do on our own. I mean, imagine if everybody had their own fire service. That would be a hard way to organize fighting fires.

Obama said:
"teacher"
"somebody" (can mean anyone in your life, INCLUDING, parents)
"roads and bridges"
"government"
"firefighters"

________________________ ________________________ ________________________ _______

Romney's speech:
"I know that you recognize a lot of people helped you in that business. Perhaps the banks. Investors. There’s no question your mom and dad, your school teacher, the people who provide roads, the fire and police."  

"banks,"
"investors,"
"your mom and dad,"
"your school teacher,"
"the fire and police."

________________________ ________________________ ________________________ ________

To Conclude:

Romney said:                               Obama said:
"your mom and dad,"                        "somebody" (i.e. anyone in your life, INCLUDING, "your mom and dad")
"your school teacher,"                      "teacher"
"the people who provide roads"          "roads and bridges"
"the fire and police."                         "firefighters"
"investors," and                               "government" (which is 50% of Mitt's list)
"banks,"
________________________ ________________________ ________________________ _________

"Let the words speak for themselves" (333386, July 22, 2012 at 12:43:27 PM):

"If You've Been Successful, You Didn't Get There On Your Own," is a STATEMENT that BOTH candidates claim to be true.

So, instead of starting a thread that bashes Obama and adding daily editorials by uninformed authors who are solely bashing Obama for his stance when Romney feels the same way...create a thread about how angry you are that the two presidential candidates share an opinion that you dislike.

SLYY

• Getbig IV
Obama said you didnt do that.  He also said he is always surprised by people who said it must be because im so smart, well let me tell ya theres a lot of smart people.  Oh it must be cuz i worked so hard, well let me tell ya a lot of hard workin people out there.  He said if you have a business you didnt build that.  Point to where romney said that you piece of shit

Hiya D-Ware.  Welcome to the discussion  :-*

Obama said you didnt do that.  He said if you have a business you didnt build that.  Point to where romney said that you piece of shit

Lets begin again (for the slow crowd) with the entire relevant portion of Obama's speech, not the random grammatically incorrect jargon you wrote above.

"If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you’ve got a business -- you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen. The Internet didn’t get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet."

See the red quote above D-Ware? This, as well as the last line (one in the same and not included in the quote above) was the purpose, intent, and theme of the speech.  It is even the first sentence in the paragraph (pay attention to those, sometimes they are important in speeches).

Let's move to Romney now. Romney stated, "I know that you recognize a lot of people helped you in that business".

Then, he listed all the people who helped/assisted people with their businesses by stating:  "Perhaps the banks. Investors. There’s no question your mom and dad, your school teacher, the people who provide roads, the fire and police."

Now, lets examine the first line of BOTH candidates speeches that reference the issue at hand:

That is where Romney "said that."  See now?  Romney is saying that people helped you build that business.  Obama is saying that you didn't build that successful business on your own, you had help.  Do you see now D-Ware?

With regard to:

He also said he is always surprised by people who said it must be because im so smart, well let me tell ya theres a lot of smart people.  Oh it must be cuz i worked so hard, well let me tell ya a lot of hard workin people out there.  

I am sure we know many smart people who aren't successful.  I am sure we all know a lot of hard working people who aren't successful.  I am sure some of us know a few smart and hardworking people who aren't successful.  I am not sure why you referenced this specifically, as it does not go to the crux of the discussion.  The issue we are discussing, is whether or not successful people need help/assistance in becoming successful.  Both candidates agree with the contention that successful people (and businesses) need help in succeeding.

Anything else sweetheart?  :-*