Author Topic: Obama: "If You've Been Successful, You Didn't Get There On Your Own" - lmfao!!  (Read 45036 times)

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Also, when Obama says that "someone helped you" he is talking about THE GOVERNMENT. He is not talking about someone's father or grandfather who started the business. He is talking about a bunch of politicians.

Yet you don't seem to understand that those roads don't get build if it's not for taxes. Nor do banks GIVE money away. THEY LEND MONEY AT INTEREST. The entrepreneur takes all the risk.

________________________ ________________________ ________________________ ________________________ ______

The part of the speech that was cut out of the article, but 33336 has graciously shared it:

??? David Ruff ???         ??? Perry Chiaramonte ???

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
This thread is a 14 page tribute to willful stupidity

You are right. Obama is a very stupid man. You finally posted something that resembles common sense.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
You are right. Obama is a very stupid man. You finally posted something that resembles common sense.

I take it you're also willfully uninformed or unitentionally ignorant

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
I take it you're also willfully uninformed or unitentionally ignorant

So what the fuck did he mean?  and spare me the Romney quote since obama never mentioned parents, church, etc.  He rattled off govt spending in a mocking tone.   

Amazing how a supposedly brilliant man can't string together a coherent sentence when off teleprompter. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
So what the fuck did he mean?   and spare me the Romney quote since obama never mentioned parents, church, etc.  He rattled off govt spending in a mocking tone.   

Amazing how a supposedly brilliant man can't string together a coherent sentence when off teleprompter. 

at this point HOW IS IT POSSIBLE you still don't know what he meant

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
at this point HOW IS IT POSSIBLE you still don't know what he meant

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

"IF YOU GOT A BUSINESS, YOU DIDNT DO THAT, SOMEBODY ELSE DID THAT" 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
"IF YOU GOT A BUSINESS, YOU DIDNT DO THAT, SOMEBODY ELSE DID THAT" 

is Obama saying someone else didn't build your business
wasn't this explained to you like 10 pages ago?

btw -  have you finished paying your student loans yet?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
[ Invalid YouTube link ]

SLYY

• Getbig IV
  • A mug only your mom could love...
What about Joey Vento, nitwit?

If it wasn't for the government, Joey Vento would not have been the Cheesesteak King.  It's clear that you are very intelligent and therefore, two words will suffice:

Theodore Roosevelt

________________________ ________________________ ________________________ ________________________ _

Since my sole purpose of commenting in this thread is to point out that this issue is moot because both presidential candidates agree, I will reiterate that point once more. 

With regard to Joey Vento's story as told by his wife Eileen:

Someone else made that happen? Business owners know hard work, long hours lead to success -- and an early grave
By Perry Chiaramonte

Published July 24, 2012

Eileen Vento bristled at the comment Obama made during a campaign stop in Roanoke, Va., last Friday when he said business owners owed some of their success to help along the way, noting that government often provides the infrastructure needed for success.

Romney's Quote:
"I know that you recognize a lot of people helped you in that business. Perhaps the banks. Investors. There’s NO question your mom and dad, your school teacher, the people who provide roads, the fire and police." 

*Note, they said EXACTLY the same thing regarding "infrastructure needed for success": 

Romeny said: "the people who provide roads"
                                                           Obama said:  "Somebody invested in roads and bridges"             

SLYY

• Getbig IV
Also, when Obama says that "someone helped you" he is talking about THE GOVERNMENT.  He is talking about a bunch of politicians.

He is?

He never used the word "someone."  Obama stated, "...Somebody along the line gave you some help."

The ONLY examples of "somebody" in Obama's speech:
-"Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive."  (Our Founding Fathers)

-"A great teacher" (I assume that you are familiar with private schools, guitar teachers, etiquette teachers, etc.)

-"Somebody invested in roads and bridges"  (Are YOU "the government" Dario?)

So, no Dario....when he referenced "somebody," he explicitly stated 3 examples that are NOT the government.  Thus, your contention that "when Obama says that 'someone helped you' he is talking about THE GOVERNMENT," is 100% incorrect.
________________________ ________________________ ________________________ _______________________

Also, when Obama says that "someone helped you" he is talking about THE GOVERNMENT. He is not talking about someone's father or grandfather who started the business. He is talking about a bunch of politicians.

He's not?  

He did not need to recite a list of every possible "somebody" that may have helped you along the way.  However, he did start broadly by saying, "somebody along the line gave you some help."  Obama continued, by giving 3 specific examples of "somebodies"...he even used the word "somebody," when referencing the specific "somebodies," for the people who may be a little slow...  

As I mentioned, Obama started broadly with the word "somebody," which can encompass any person.  He used "somebody" again, referencing tax payers, a more narrow group of "somebodies" than the any person group.  He referenced "teachers" in the midst of dropping the "s" word, again...a more narrow group of "somebodies" than the tax payers group.  I know you're gonna say he's crazy, but Obama even referenced a group that is more narrow than the teacher group of "somebodies," our Founding Fathers.

Accordingly, when Obama said "somebody," he was referencing, among others, any person, which includes fathers and grandfathers.    
________________________ ________________________ ________________________ ________________________ __

Yet you don't seem to understand that those roads don't get build if it's not for taxes.

In the quote you referenced by me, the word "tax" was not mentioned once.  The word "road" was mentioned just one time and it was a quote from Obama's speech.   In fact, the quote you referenced was ONLY quoted material from your article and Obama's speech (courtesy of 333386). To say it's unclear how you came to such a conclusion, would be an understatement.  Do you read ANYTHING before you post about it on getbig?
________________________ ________________________ ________________________ ________________________ ___  

Nor do banks GIVE money away. THEY LEND MONEY AT INTEREST. The entrepreneur takes all the risk.

Please quote me where I said anything in regard to idea that banks GIVE money away.

Please quote me where I said anything in regard to idea that banks do NOT lend money with interest.

"The Entrepreneur takes ALL the risk?"  Doesn't this completely contradict your other point of view, that banks don't GIVE money away?

HavoX

• Getbig IV
  • Shamed by thunderdome
8)

U idiot. Or genius archaeo-sociological-time traveling type of genius... A self made photo of pre-men(can't rely on prehistoric camera men or timers)? And u found out that the guy who self taught flint chipping was also the guy who "taught" himself to skin and tan hide, then weave it to a tool stripped stick? (he also made the stripping and leathering tools by himself... Btw)....

Troll. Iq too low for human. Done.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
the fact that republicans are arguing pronouns, and not the economy, mean obama is winning another week in the public's eye.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Krauthammer: Romney Ought To Run "You Didn't Build That" Ad On An Endless Loop Until The End Of Time

"Yeah, because it was the ultimate gaffe," syndicated columnist and FOX News contributor Charles Krauthammer said when asked if he thinks the "you didn't build it" line has legs. "It betrayed what he believes. And in context you can see because he elaborates on this. It isn't one sentence that slipped out. I think the RNC, Romney ought to run that ad -- ought to run the whole context, the whole thing, in an endless loop until the end of time or at least until the election, which seems about the same length of time. But it is so damning."

"For Obama to say what I meant is we have to support -- we don't have to get behind success, I would play that and then just show him beginning his remarks with mocking of success and saying, 'You think you're so smart, that it was your intelligence? You think that it was your hard work?' In other words, he was saying, in introducing the whole idea, that if you succeeded, it wasn't your brains or your sweat; it was what? It was government. That's what he believes. It's the essence of his philosophy of society, that it is government-centered. Whereas, the conservative Republican idea essentially is individually-centered. It is a contrast that is absolutely extreme and is very clear. And because it's so revealing, Obama has to pretend he said something else. He didn't. All you have to do is watch the tape, read the transcript," Krauthammer said on "Special Report."

BINGO! 

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
I recently listened to the full speech Obama gave regarding the "you didn't build that" and I find it disgusting to say the least.  Being taken out of context is the least of it....its a clear and blatant attempt to deceive the public.  This whole thing was made up to distract from Romney releasing his tax records and its a bizarre way of doing it....just straight out lying   

This is the type of politics I hate the most....however fortunately in the days of internet and immediate access, people can't be tricked like they used to.  This has already backfired on Romney but even worse, it takes away from his moral values platform that he's running one.
A

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
I recently listened to the full speech Obama gave regarding the "you didn't build that" and I find it disgusting to say the least.  Being taken out of context is the least of it....its a clear and blatant attempt to deceive the public.  This whole thing was made up to distract from Romney releasing his tax records and its a bizarre way of doing it....just straight out lying   

This is the type of politics I hate the most....however fortunately in the days of internet and immediate access, people can't be tricked like they used to.  This has already backfired on Romney but even worse, it takes away from his moral values platform that he's running one.

What is his context?   Tell me.   Did he mention coaches, mom , dad, church, etc? 

No!   He rattled off govt spending. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
What is his context?   Tell me.   Did he mention coaches, mom , dad, church, etc? 

Hey 333 - don't forget to thank your government for guaranteeing student loans without which you would have never be able to become the dumbest attorney on the planet

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
If you’ve been successful, you didn’t get there on your own. You didn’t get there on your own. I’m always struck by people who think, well, it must be because I was just so smart. There are a lot of smart people out there. It must be because I worked harder than everybody else. Let me tell you something — there are a whole bunch of hardworking people out there. If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you’ve got a business — you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen. The Internet didn’t get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet.

jesus h christ.. what are we talking about here

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
If you’ve been successful, you didn’t get there on your own. You didn’t get there on your own. I’m always struck by people who think, well, it must be because I was just so smart. There are a lot of smart people out there. It must be because I worked harder than everybody else. Let me tell you something — there are a whole bunch of hardworking people out there. If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you’ve got a business — you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen. The Internet didn’t get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet.

we're indulging a certified moron

just like we do every day

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Where does the govt get the $$$$$ to build roads and bridges? 

And secondly - obama rails against businesses success, well about failures?  Who does he blame for that? 

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!

Yes

A

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Krauthammer: Romney Ought To Run "You Didn't Build That" Ad On An Endless Loop Until The End Of Time

BINGO! 

How does having more and more people know Romney is a liar helpful to Romney?

SLYY

• Getbig IV

"For Obama to say what I meant is we have to support -- we don't have to get behind success, I would play that and then just show him beginning his remarks with mocking of success and saying, 'You think you're so smart, that it was your intelligence? You think that it was your hard work?' In other words, he was saying, in introducing the whole idea, that if you succeeded, it wasn't your brains or your sweat; it was what? It was government. All you have to do is watch the tape, read the transcript," Krauthammer said on "Special Report."

333386, send Krauthammer YOUR first post in this thread.  Then HE will in fact have read the transcript and refrain from making such uninformed comments.

Posted on July 15, 2012

Obama: "If You've Been Successful, You Didn't Get There On Your Own"

The point is, is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana

333386, send Krauthammer YOUR first post in this thread.  Then HE will in fact have read the transcript and refrain from making such uninformed comments.

that won't stop him

Krauthammer knows exactly what Obama said and so does Romney

They also know that many of their potential Repub voters are f'ng STUPID and will believe whatever  horseshit they say and they will look at the edited clip and never question for a second that it's misleading

Anyone who thinks that Obama said "You didn't build your business" is basically telling the world they are an idiot

SLYY

• Getbig IV
Where does the govt get the $$$$$ to build roads and bridges?  

Obama answers this question in his speech.  The very speech YOU have copied and pasted as YOUR first post.  I'll re-post it for you and assist you, again.

Posted on July 15, 2012

Obama: "If You've Been Successful, You Didn't Get There On Your Own"

1.  Somebody invested in roads and bridges.

2.  There are some things, just like fighting fires, we don’t do on our own. I mean, imagine if everybody had their own fire service. That    
      would be a hard way to organize fighting fires.

1.  He answers your question.

2.  He explains his answer.

And secondly - obama rails against businesses success, well about failures?  Who does he blame for that?  

Where do we go after we die?  See, I can ask random questions too.  Neither Obama nor Romney touch on this in their speeches regarding people needing help when running their businesses.  Why would any of us answer for them?  

SLYY

• Getbig IV
that won't stop him

Krauthammer knows exactly what Obama said and so does Romney

They also know that many of their potential Repub voters are f'ng STUPID and will believe whatever  horseshit they say and they will look at the edited clip and never question for a second that it's misleading

Anyone who thinks that Obama said "You didn't build your business" is basically telling the world they are an idiot

Of course.  Just have to keep the getbig family informed...