Author Topic: Obama: "If You've Been Successful, You Didn't Get There On Your Own" - lmfao!!  (Read 44889 times)

SLYY

• Getbig IV
  • A mug only your mom could love...
'WE DID BUILD IT': SMALL BUSINESS OWNER TAUNTS OBAMA MOTORCADE
Breitbart ^ | August 18,2012 | by LARRY O'CONNOR
Posted on August 18, 2012 10:22:59 PM EDT by Hojczyk

On a beautiful August day when most people are enjoying the weather and leisure time, self-made man Al Letizio organized a protest against the President of the United States.

This New Hampshire businessman set up signage outside his business to let Mr. Obama know that in America, the free market still works and small businessmen aren't obligated to grovel on bended knee to thank the federal government for allowing them to exist.

Al Letizio owns a small food service business that just happens to be situated along President Obama’s motorcade route to his rally in New Hampshire today.
Mr. Letizio, like so many other small business owners across the country, is annoyed at the President's infamous, off-prompter declaration that business owners in America "didn't build that." In fact, it's quite the opposite. The federal government is funded by people like Mr. Letizio.

Check out these pictures from earlier today as Mr. Letizio hung a “We Did Build It” sign on his storefront as Obama drove by, with Romney supporters cheering him on.

(Excerpt) Read more at breitbart.com ...

Posted on July 15, 2012

Obama: "If You've Been Successful, You Didn't Get There On Your Own"

PRESIDENT BARACK OBAMA: There are a lot of wealthy, successful Americans who agree with me -- because they want to give something back. They know they didn’t -- look, if you’ve been successful, you didn’t get there on your own. You didn’t get there on your own. I’m always struck by people who think, well, it must be because I was just so smart. There are a lot of smart people out there. It must be because I worked harder than everybody else. Let me tell you something -- there are a whole bunch of hardworking people out there. (Applause.)

If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive.
Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you’ve got a business -- you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen. The Internet didn’t get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet.

The point is, is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together. There are some things, just like fighting fires, we don’t do on our own. I mean, imagine if everybody had their own fire service. That would be a hard way to organize fighting fires.

Mr. Letizio should hang a “I'm uninformed” sign on his storefront.  Thanks again 333 for finding Larry O'Connor's article, we will add him to the list of uninformed writers.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Obama Visited This Apple Farm, But The Management Was Not Happy About His 'You Didn't Build That' Comment
Brett LoGiurato|Aug. 20, 2012, 3:32 PM|1,309|25

LONDONDERRY, N.H. — When President Barack Obama made an unannounced stop at a farm market here on Saturday, he likely had no idea how much some of his recent comments have caused quite a stir with its employees and management.

Before a fired-up campaign speech in Windham, N.H., Obama stopped at Mack's Apples, a farm market that specializes in sales of fresh fruit. It was a place Obama visited twice in 2008, holding two campaign rallies on the property.

But lately, the management at Mack's has noticed some of Obama's comments that have been seized by Republicans and caused a fury among some business owners: "If you've got a business, you didn't build that."

Republicans and the Romney campaign have tried to use the quote as an example of Obama's philosophy that business is dependent upon government. Obama and Democrats have pushed back, saying that the quote, in context, reinforces a fairly standard idea that businesses benefit from government investment in infrastructure.

Mack's Apples management identifies more with the Republican interpretation. Evelyn Keller, the store's manager, told Business Insider later Saturday that the comments have caused some "concern" with the market's employees.

"Personally, I think if we give all the credit to government, we're going to lose sight of encouragement to others who need it to start businesses," Keller said, adding that her uneasiness with the remark stems from her family's experience in Nazi-led Germany.

Keller said the reverberations of Obama's statement have made their way to swing-state New Hampshire, where Obama held a double-dose of campaign events Saturday in an attempt to keep hold of the state's four electoral votes.

So even as the staff was thrilled at Obama's run through the store — he greeted and posed for pictures with the staff and customers and bought apples, peaches and maple syrup — Keller suggested that the comments were on the minds of the staff at Mack's.

It underscores the challenge Obama has created with his "you didn't build that" line. Even in pockets like Mack's, one line has shredded so much of his credibility in a pocket where he found comfortable support in 2008.

"We've been talking about them a lot here. I think people have certainly taken notice," Keller said. "I think... I think there's just a danger when government is involved too much."

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/obama-you-didnt-build-that-quote-full-speech-context-macks-apples-2012-8#ixzz247jITogg

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
Where did he say "You didn't build that"?

Again?

This thread states "You didn't get their own your own".

That is what he said right?

Where did he say "You didn't build that?"

People are so stupid.... black guy says it... "OOOOHHHH He's a communist."

White guy says it... "YAAAAAAYYYY... He's such a smart capitalist."

You should be ashamed for promoting this nonsense.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Again?

Tell me what is out of context

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana

Again?

this is the real answer

any smart 8th grader could explain what Obama was talking about but apparently a bunch of adults in this country have no idea

The doctor in the article listed above even changed Obama's words and said this with quotation marks

"you did not build that business"?

Obama never said you didn't build that business. 

This thread wouldn't be 27 pages long if it weren't for bottomless stupidity of one particular member

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
this is the real answer

any smart 8th grader could explain what Obama was talking about but apparently a bunch of adults in this country have no idea

The doctor in the article listed above even changed Obama's words and said this with quotation marks

"you did not build that business"?

Obama never said you didn't build that business. 

This thread wouldn't be 27 pages long if it weren't for bottomless stupidity of one particular member

you want the exact quote? 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Savage nails it again. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana

you want the exact quote? 

hasn't it already been posted multiple times along with the video too

what good would it do to post it one more time

do you think you'll finally understand it?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
hasn't it already been posted multiple times along with the video too

what good would it do to post it one more time

do you think you'll finally understand it?

I guess so since his comments seem clear on its face from this naked communist maoist zealot. 

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
I guess so since his comments seem clear on its face from this naked communist maoist zealot. 

I went back and read it... Yeah... he did say that... Along with about 20 other sentences.

But why don't you harp on Romney the same way?

You know he said basically the same thing. So why do you let that slide so easily?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana

333 - I wasn't aware that you built the roads and bridges

which ones did you build and why did you do it when everyone else gets to drive on them?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
333 - I wasn't aware that you built the roads and bridges

which ones did you build and why did you do it when everyone else gets to drive on them?

I did since i piad for them via gas taxes, tolls, surcharges, dmv fees, taxes, etc.   . 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
I did since i piad for them via gas taxes, tolls, surcharges, dmv fees, taxes, etc.   . 

I wasn't aware people who lived in the ghetto paid a lot of taxes

can you get busy with the retrofitting and other shit that needs to be done

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot

You paid for the Eisenhower interstate system back in the 50s?!

How old are you?!

:o

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com

How old are you?!

he's as old as obama is evil.   that's pretty old.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana

How old are you?!

at least he's now finally admitted (or finally figured out) what Obama was talking about when he said "you didn't build that"

it only took 27 pages but it's clear he now understands that Obama was not talking about his business

He still hasn't seemed to figured out that without governement guarantees for student loans that no bank would have lent his sorry ass $'s for school and it would have taken him a lot longer (if ever) to become the dumbest lawyer on the planet

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
 :)

Taxpayers paid for it.   You think it was free?  

How old are you?!

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
at least he's now finally admitted (or finally figured out) what Obama was talking about when he said "you didn't build that"

it only took 27 pages but it's clear he now understands that Obama was not talking about his business

He still hasn't seemed to figured out that without governement guarantees for student loans that no bank would have lent his sorry ass $'s for school and it would have taken him a lot longer (if ever) to become the dumbest lawyer on the planet

Because of course no one ever went to college without government backed loans ::)

I hear the TOTUS got fired over this episode
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Because of course no one ever went to college without government backed loans ::)

I hear the TOTUS got fired over this episode

did I say that?

I'm sure guys like Romney and Ryan didn't need loans

My father made great money but had kids in Brown, UT Austin and Santa Clara simultaneously

I helped pay for my college by selling my motorcyle (before my freshmen year), working after school and summers in high school and during college AND getting student loans

If I had gone to grad school or law school it would have been all financed by student loans

Kazan

• Getbig V
did I say that?

I'm sure guys like Romney and Ryan didn't need loans

My father made great money but had kids in Brown, UT Austin and Santa Clara simultaneously

I helped pay for my college by selling my motorcyle (before my freshmen year), working after school and summers in high school and during college AND getting student loans

If I had gone to grad school or law school it would have been all financed by student loans

What you should be asking is why does it cost an arm and leg to go to college, it sure as hell didn't used to
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
What you should be asking is why does it cost an arm and leg to go to college, it sure as hell didn't used to

Most colleges are just money grabbers... They don't care about education nor do they care about what it takes to get in... They just want to grab cash and go.

Kazan

• Getbig V
Most colleges are just money grabbers... They don't care about education nor do they care about what it takes to get in... They just want to grab cash and go.

Exactly, to many high paid tenured jag offs.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana

well I went to a private university and so did my brother

state schools have the same budget/funding issues that I think we've all heard about at least a few times before

I doubt anyone on right wants higher taxes to pay for state sponsored universities

I'm not even sure Repubs like the idea of people going to college

Aren't college graduates more likely to vote Democratic?

Santorum called Obama a snob for wanting people to go to college

Kazan

• Getbig V
well I went to a private university and so did my brother

state schools have the same budget/funding issues that I think we've all heard about at least a few times before

I doubt anyone on right wants higher taxes to pay for state sponsored universities

I'm not even sure Repubs like the idea of people going to college

Aren't college graduates more likely to vote Democratic?

Santorum called Obama a snob for wanting people to go to college

To each his own, I personally see no reason to get huge debt before you ever get a job
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ